Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#326 2022-09-03 22:36:39

Nuclear Gandhi

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

BBJ, what's your favorite Bon Jovi song?

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

#327 2022-09-03 22:37:50

Marshmallow Marshall

ElijahBaley wrote:
Hidden text

are you implying I'm lying? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

yes! and since we're playing Mafia, that is quite fair =P

ElijahBaley wrote:

anyway BuzzerBee is mafia I do not buy the "he is busy" story one bit just get him

What? Are you suggesting we should lynch him for "inactivity"? There are much more inactive/uncontributive people (such as Bon Jovi or ShadowsEdge, to different extents) I would go against before attacking him.

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

!vote BuzzerBee

????????????????????????

#328 2022-09-03 22:38:35

Marshmallow Marshall

Why is BuzzerBee getting CFD'd, even by the inactive guy, and why is NOONE seeing an issue with it lol?

#329 2022-09-03 22:42:34

Nuclear Gandhi

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

BBJ, what's your favorite Bon Jovi song?

You should make Franky proud.

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

#330 2022-09-03 22:48:58

Nuclear Gandhi

MM what you got against ShadowEdge?

- Dr. Seuss

#331 2022-09-03 22:58:35

ElijahBaley

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
Hidden text

are you implying I'm lying? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

yes! and since we're playing Mafia, that is quite fair =P

ElijahBaley wrote:

anyway BuzzerBee is mafia I do not buy the "he is busy" story one bit just get him

What? Are you suggesting we should lynch him for "inactivity"? There are much more inactive/uncontributive people (such as Bon Jovi or ShadowsEdge, to different extents) I would go against before attacking him.

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

!vote BuzzerBee

????????????????????????

why the **** would I lie about something like that? I can't even lie about that as Mafia

#332 2022-09-03 22:59:55

ElijahBaley

Why is BuzzerBee getting CFD'd, even by the inactive guy, and why is NOONE seeing an issue with it lol?

because he is sus
and who cares he is an inactive?

#333 2022-09-03 23:02:46

ElijahBaley

we NEED to random someone. frankly outside of you guys focusing on me and what I regard as basically no-u's are that mostly attacking my play for being different, there have not been any major pushes this game. might as well start with BuzzerBee because he keeps dropping reads, promising to come back and then leaving

are you gonna put your vote on him to get some info or are you just gonna continue and **** about how I'm not "acting townie" or how everyone else isn't doing ****?

#334 2022-09-03 23:03:47

ElijahBaley

MM IS MAFIA, HE IS NOT BEING USEFUL THIS GAME. THAT IS HIS SCUM META 100%. GET BUZZER BEE AND THEN MARSHMALLOW MARSHALL.
MM and BuzzerBee = team

#335 2022-09-03 23:11:46

ElijahBaley

and, by the way, I am NOT against someone hammering. the threat of being lynched needs to be very real, or else "pressuring" won't work. get him to L-1.

#336 2022-09-04 00:13:42

Pqwerty

These EOD's are rough. Don't know if I can make any of them.

Also, since it seems like some people don't want to make reads, let's make a list of reasons for town and for mafia for each player. You can also include general observations. Then we'll compile the list so that everyone's opinion is included. I'll put the opinions of confirmed town (Lumi and Allen) in green.

The post numbers are from their ISO since I'm too lazy to be looking in the thread.

ShadowsEdge
Reasons for Town:
- #5, #6 and #7 in their ISO are good observations and seem like useful information to the town.
- #10 feels like they're trying to get reads
- #12 is a good reason to trust Lumi's VT claim, so it doesn't appear to be coming from a place of TMI.
- (#25 from Lumi) Proactively trusting Lumi's VT claim instead of waiting to see Lumi's opinion on them shows that ShadowsEdge was not sheeping Lumi.
- Allen liked their "passive nature", however you interpret that.
Reasons for Mafia:
- Having good observations (#5,#6,#7) instead of opinions/reads on people at the start is something the mafia could do to look towny without showing their cards.
- For someone who accused 2b, BB, and Allen for having superficial reads, their townreads on MM, Gandhi, and me aren't really explained. Also, I thought 2B and BB's reads were fine.

Onjit
Reasons for Town:
- He usually memes all of D1 as town, so this aligns with meta.
- Not having reads D1 is fine (Allen, post 3 in iso)
Reasons for Mafia:
- He's more inactive than usual.
- Allen is concerned about how inactive he is (#4 in Allen's ISO)

Marshmellow Marshall
Reasons for Town:
- For the most part, each progression on Elijah made sense
- Maybe the reason they're still tunneling Elijah is because they haven't reevaluated.
Reasons for Mafia:
- (from Lumi #13) The OMGUS on me felt unnatural and unexpected. And the tunnel on Elijah feels misplaced.

2B55B5G
Reasons for Town:
- Allen thought 2B was being productive (post #3 in his iso)
- #5 is a good observation and it led to more info from Elijah
- #16 is a good readlist imo

Reasons for Mafia:
- #6 is weird to me, but only because I think Gandhi's theory about Elijah signaling to the mafia is a stretch.
- (from Lumi #8) Lumi didn't like their read on ShadowsEdge.

Minimania
Reasons for Town:
- The OMGUS on me was instantly retracted so they don't seem malicious.
Reasons for Mafia:
- not a fan of the OMGUS on me.
- Still filler. I don't see any reads or contributions yet, despite saying he would at EOD1.

Big Bon Jovi
Reasons for Town: could be inactive because he got a VT role and just gave up for not having an important role.
Reasons for Mafia: could be inactive because he wants to watch the town eat itself and make a bunch of wrong guesses.

ElijahBaley
Reasons for Town:
- I like his defenses and I don't think he'd be drawing so much attention to himself if he was mafia.
- He might not be doing much right now because he's been under constant scrutiny of MM and Gandhi
Reasons for Mafia:
- #23 He says he's hunting but he's mostly defending himself.
- no reads so far.

BuzzerBee
Reasons for Town:
- Allen liked his reads (post #3 in Allen's ISO)
- I think the reasoning for his reads is good.
Reasons for Mafia:
- Elijah and Grilyon are easy targets for scumreads, and a lot of his reads are "strong". The confidence seems like a place of TMI, as in I wouldn't be as confident in my reads or have so many confident reads given how few reasons were given for the reads.
- (from Lumi #8) Lumi didn't like their read on ShadowsEdge

Nuclear Gandhi
Reasons for Town:
- (#10 from Lumi) He is acting like his town meta
- I like his reads for the most part (#29)
- Maybe the reason they're still tunneling Elijah is because they haven't reevaluated.

Reasons for Mafia:
- I'm not the biggest fan of his vote on 2b (explanation in #4), but it could just be a difference in opinion than alignment indicative.
- I don't understand the MM townread (#29)
- The tunnel on Elijah has been going on since the start of the game and hasn't changed since. I don't think there's enough information to target Elijah and Lumi also wondered why MM and Gandhi have been on Elijah this whole time.
- Would it be too much of a stretch to think Gandhi's paranoia in #12 is a slip? As Elijah said, the traitor is just another mafia to the town. But the mafia could be paranoid about accidentally shooting their partner, and the traitor could be paranoid about accidentally getting shot. This is just speculation so I'm not acting on it. But I am entertaining the idea.

Grilyon2
Reasons for Town:
-very new so they get a town pass from me
-(#11 from Lumi) Lumi thought Grilyon was town
Reasons for Mafia:
-very passive so far

Right now, I'm sort of suspicious of BB, Mini, MM, Gandhi, and Elijah. But I want to mix opinions to see if I'm missing something. Please give your opinions because I think the average opinion of the town will be more accurate than my opinions.

#337 2022-09-04 00:14:48

Pqwerty

But anyway, why is there a wagon on BB?

#338 2022-09-04 00:22:54

Nuclear Gandhi

That's a post >_>

- Dr. Seuss

#339 2022-09-04 00:47:11

Minimania
Moderation Team

Nobody understands what I'm going for here.

My gameplan isn't to look and search for people who are Mafia. It's to look and search for people who are innocent. I said this multiple times yesterday, and I seriously don't appreciate being misrepresented.

I never once said I was going to post a readslist at eod yesterday. Where did I ever say that?

However, I did post some reads. Those reads being on Allen, Grilyon, and Pqwerty.

Why am I looking for innocent people?

1. I find it personally easier, mostly, for me to derive a list of suspects through process of elimination. If I compile a huge list of people I think are safe, then eventually it will be whittled down to just a couple of people. Ideally, those people are Mafia.

2. I'm far more statistically likely to be correct in an assumption that someone is town that an assumption that someone is Mafia. So I'm a lot more confident in making those reads. I will still push someone I think is Mafia if I'm reasonably confident, though.

I have new reads.

a. Pqwerty is lock-town to me. After their new post today and pondering on their words yesterday, I have come around and I think I trust them completely.

b. I do not entirely trust that Marshall is town. I told Lumi that we would talk today about everything I said yesterday at EoD (which I did above in this post).

Here, MM takes up Lumi's mantle, so to speak, on his own authority and demands that I provide my list of reads, particularly my scumreads. It's clear to me that he either does not understand my gameplan or hasn't even read any of the multiple posts I made outlining it at best, or is misrepresenting what I've said at worst and is looking to push me entirely because of it. Opportunistic.

c. I don't entirely trust that Elijah is town either. Something about the way they interacted with me yesterday pings me as off. They have me as 99% lock town, which seems like a bs made up figure. He is also hard-pressing MM at this current moment. This could be scum theater.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#340 2022-09-04 00:48:50

Minimania
Moderation Team

Ftr, the above does not necessarily mean I scumread either of you. But I am suspicious as **** right now.

21cZxBv.png

#341 2022-09-04 00:51:22

Minimania
Moderation Team

Pqwerty wrote:

But anyway, why is there a wagon on BB?

Also, this

21cZxBv.png

#342 2022-09-04 00:55:14

Pqwerty

So Mini, because you’re mostly looking for town, who do you think is town? More than just me, right?

#343 2022-09-04 00:59:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

Pqwerty wrote:

So Mini, because you’re mostly looking for town, who do you think is town? More than just me, right?

My original townreads were Allen, Grilyon, a slight townread of Gandhi, and a null at best read on you.

Today, my townreads are Grilyon, you, and null at best reads on Marshall and Elijah. However, I'm not done looking into people. I'm still trying to figure out boop; I'm less familiar with boop's playstyle than I am Allen's. Gandhi still seems mostly okay, but my unfamiliarity with them is preventing me from giving them the townread.

All of these reads are malleable, though. If something changes, these might change.

21cZxBv.png

#344 2022-09-04 01:01:30

Minimania
Moderation Team

And if it matters, I had mixed feelings about Lumi before this morning. Their push on me felt motivated by scumhunting but that's all a moot point because they're confirmed town now

21cZxBv.png

#345 2022-09-04 01:56:28

Pqwerty

Can you explain your townreads? Like can you give some reasons?

#346 2022-09-04 03:35:16

Minimania
Moderation Team

I townread Allen because I'm familiar with how they play on Discord. We've spoken about their games a bit; I've noticed a trend when they're evil; they're a lot more shifty and a lot less willing to post their thoughts. In this game, Allen posted a huge list of reads that, while some didn't make sense, it didn't surprise me considering how busy with school he is and how little his investment into the game was. He was posting a stream of thought.

I townread Grilyon because I knew Grilyon had never done this before; I got the impression that he had no clue what was going on, and while the responses he got were funny, I still legitimately think he's just new to this. If he wanted help, he'd have probably got it from a partner if he was Mafia. Thus, I think he's town.

I really wish I could explain more about why I townread you, but here are some of the reasons. I'm under the impression that you're a negative utility role. Claiming it immediately is a very town thing to do provided it isn't a lie. But I thought about the scope of what this game is trying to achieve. It's supposed to be a simple game with very few power roles. I can only think of a small number of negative utility roles that would fit in such a simple game. But I think I understand what your role most likely is. I've been holding off on explaining this, and I don't want to just say my guess publicly, because I know you've got a reason for not saying it, and yeah, you're 100% right; the Mafia are better off clueless if you absolutely are that role.

Lumi was very aggressive with me yesterday at the end of day. It likely looked like I was going to try to pull some town cred for not wanting to vote Allen. I know it's a culture shock for the new people to come here and see that we've mostly skipped day 1 without a vote. It was a culture shock for me when I entered champs and saw that day 1 voting was important. I'm not sure the mathematics and probability behind it, but I've come to accept that a day 1 elim is better than no elim. That being said, me coming out and saying "I don't want to vote Allen, I TR Allen" and then turning around and saying I'll hammer makes it look really bad for me. Lumi saw this and rightfully called me out on that; that is a town motivated move and that's where I figured Lumi was good.

21cZxBv.png

#347 2022-09-04 03:58:12

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

!vote BuzzerBee

why did you vote BB?

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

But to answer your question, first buzzer bee.
This will not be a full overview or even totally true (more like the explanation after the fact I was alluding to earlier), but he has several posts where he promises to be active, says some things, and then says 'I'll be back.'

Looking at their reads list, the thoughts and "investigation" that went behind it - I'd say he did plenty. At the very least, 10x more than most here, including you just ftr.

ElijahBaley wrote:

you said he did plenty as well, why did you vote him even though Elijah was basically saying the same reason twice?

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#348 2022-09-04 07:03:58

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

ElijahBaley wrote:

what does this mean i work full time and have class twice a week i’m really trying to be active at least once a day and day 2 barely started like 15 hours ago  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#349 2022-09-04 15:07:43

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

nothing is happening, so i went back and backread some pages, and honestly i haven't got a single clue on how to scumread anyone due to my confusion on this day (and partly also because im overwhelmed, like im not new to mafia but i rarely play serious mafia games or setups where a majority of people are VTs) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

so what im do instead is vote someone and see what happens

i dont feel comfortable voting BB cuz that vote from Gandhi is still really weird to me, and i do believe that BB is busy. i can vote Gandhi but i'd rather wait for an explanation for now since he seemed pretty towny to me on day 1.

however i'll vote Marshmallow for now, mainly because im a sheep (and also due to impulse because i want something to happen lol). several people have suspicion on him recently (Lumi, Elijah, Minimania), and while im still not entirely convinced since i really doubt a mafia would vote an anti-town role early in the game, i think the reasons for suspecting MM are fair. i also want to see his reaction to being voted, if theres any

!vote Marshmallow Marshall

ElijahBaley wrote:

GET BUZZER BEE AND THEN MARSHMALLOW MARSHALL.

is there a reason for getting them in this order btw?

she/her

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#350 2022-09-04 15:10:06

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

what im gonna do instead* insignificant typo but whatever

she/her