Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#251 2022-09-02 12:57:15

ElijahBaley

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
Minimania wrote:

But even if there was a potential SK this game, let me explain my line if thinking.

With a traitor, there's at least two Mafia in this game. Add in a hypothetical Serial Killer for this scenario.

The faction and the 3p represent two kills made every night.

Eliminating a Mafia member on day 1 does not reduce that number of kills made tonight.

Eliminating a lone serial killer on day 1 reduces that number of kills made each night down to 1 kill.

Therefore, aiming for a Serial Killer and hitting correctly produces a more desirable result for town.

I don't imagine I have to explain why that is

But there's no 3p role, so none of this matters

is that literally the reason you had, at the time, for pushing the serial killer, or is this just an explanation after the fact? (note that explanations after the fact can come from any alignment and I am not necessarily accusing you in this post, I simply want to know what was going through your head when you pushed the serial killer thing)

It's not something I was actively thinking about, no. I didn't sit there and ponder "hey! We need to kill SK first! I must hunt for SK above all else!"

I made a post that my gameplan was to search for people I think are innocent first and foremost. So why would I contradict that and say I am actively scumhunting a 3p?

But I saw Pqwerty's post, and I thought it was 3p suspicious. Like, of course I'm not going to not say something. I know 3p is generally a better target than Mafia, playing Town of Salem on a discord server has taught me that. It's been a while but Beep Boop should know what I'm on about here

alright, I'm still not sure I understand, but if Serial Killer generally can't kill Mafia then I'm going to move back to AllenCaspe.

[size=7]!vote AllenCaspe[/size]

#252 2022-09-02 12:58:11

Minimania
Moderation Team

As much as I appreciate not being voted, I don't think Allen is it fam

also to get the big text just use the h tags

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#253 2022-09-02 12:59:05

ElijahBaley

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
Lumi wrote:

@Marshmallow Marshall
@Nuclear Gandhi

How do you two know ElijahBaley?

Do I know ElijahBaley under some other name?

That'd be Oberon. Maybe.. he had other names as well.
Imagine you thinking we're in cahoots with the Elijah who's the only player that has played in MU Champs on illegal hydras multiple years in a row https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
This's not him.

Lumi wrote:

Grilyon2 is town as well, he town-slipped here:

Missed that. Though I wouldn't hold much stock into it, it's 48h in the game and that's their first serious post (other than 1 sentence about Elijah). Could be coached from wolf chat.

By comparison, where minimania showed they think there there's a 3p - that's a more realistic slip due to it happening in a heated moment. What did you make of that slip btw? (Assuming you didn't comment on it)

Lumi wrote:

Nuclear Gandhi is polarized

And just in his town meta. Like, literal shield this slot all the way until F3 town meta. EZ read

This can't be objective.
Even I don't know how I'd be as wolf once I finally will get it.

Be back a bit later.
I'll probably vote minimania for the hopes of any elimination though.

Yes I'm the man of a trillion names:

Ganelon, Magoroth, Benedict, BenedictBarimen, Tolbooth, and probably some others I'm forgetting

#254 2022-09-02 13:59:23

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Minimania wrote:

I didn't think I had to actually come out and say this but I was mostly sus of Pqwerty because I thought he was bating us as a Serial Killer. I'm not sus on him anymore at all, besides the base level sus I have for everyone.

Minimania wrote:

But still then, what anti town role can you be if not Mafia?

i was confused because i thought you meant that an anti town role cant be anything but mafia

also theres a 3 way tie of 3 votes between mini, elijah, and allen right now. i'll switch my vote to allen since he's the one that spoke the least among those three.

@Allen you also posted earlier, do you mind voting someone?

!vote Allen

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#255 2022-09-02 14:03:37

Minimania
Moderation Team

2b55b5g wrote:

i was confused because i thought you meant that an anti town role cant be anything but mafia

The 2nd post you quoted was made after the 3p not existing thing was pointed out to me. I learned that there is no 3p, and so my next instinct was that he was Mafia baiting us. His explanation to me afterwards gave me the impression that he's claiming to be negative utility

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#256 2022-09-02 15:01:47

Lumi

ElijahBaley wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
Lumi wrote:

@Marshmallow Marshall
@Nuclear Gandhi

How do you two know ElijahBaley?

Do I know ElijahBaley under some other name?

That'd be Oberon. Maybe.. he had other names as well.
Imagine you thinking we're in cahoots with the Elijah who's the only player that has played in MU Champs on illegal hydras multiple years in a row https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
This's not him.

Lumi wrote:

Grilyon2 is town as well, he town-slipped here:

Missed that. Though I wouldn't hold much stock into it, it's 48h in the game and that's their first serious post (other than 1 sentence about Elijah). Could be coached from wolf chat.

By comparison, where minimania showed they think there there's a 3p - that's a more realistic slip due to it happening in a heated moment. What did you make of that slip btw? (Assuming you didn't comment on it)

Lumi wrote:

Nuclear Gandhi is polarized

And just in his town meta. Like, literal shield this slot all the way until F3 town meta. EZ read

This can't be objective.
Even I don't know how I'd be as wolf once I finally will get it.

Be back a bit later.
I'll probably vote minimania for the hopes of any elimination though.

Yes I'm the man of a trillion names:

Ganelon, Magoroth, Benedict, BenedictBarimen, Tolbooth, and probably some others I'm forgetting

OH.

Ya I don't think this slot is so easy to town read but still never kill day 1 here imo

#257 2022-09-02 15:03:21

Lumi

This EoD time is so bad, morning for anyone in the US
I think Allen is better than minimania atp

#258 2022-09-02 15:09:47

Nuclear Gandhi

ElijahBaley wrote:

Grilyon also pings my scumdar for calling me out for 'voting with little info'

I think I'd usually agree with this take, but it's impossible to tell what's going on in the mind of a new player, so I don't.

BuzzerBee wrote:

since we’re nearing the day i would like to hear who people’s main suspicion is for scum. i know it’s tough to get reads on day 1 but i think it would be helpful for everyone to give one scumread instead of being so wishy washy.

your read probably won’t be right and that’s okay, it’s just helpful information to go off, especially on future days in the game it will be useful to look back to what people said on day 1

No idea honestly.

Lumi wrote:

What the heck

Majority only?

Cringe

Lumi wrote:

I really wish I randed wolf, majority elimination in an inactive game is just a recipe for town getting snowed.

I hard claim Vanilla Town. If wolves want to get rid of me they'll have to do it knowing that they're letting all the power roles in the game do their things.

mood
also, lol

ShadowsEdge wrote:

As for now though, the reads thus far feel odd, they tread this line of providing enough information while also doing nothing to move the game forward. Basically all the reads thus far have felt like just a way to seem more towny.

This might be a culture clash given that this site usually skips day1 and solves games mechanically, but it'd be nice if you respected the process. Games need to rise off the ground with flimsy takes and reads and start.

Lumi wrote:

Ozy and MM need to deliver on Elijah's past though, or Elijah could do it if they see this post before either of those two do.

ngl, I have actual no idea how to read him, I don't remember any consistency in his playstyle, so I read him as just any random player for the most part.

Pqwerty wrote:
Lumi wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Hey Lumi, why are you claiming vt?

So I don't get night killed, lmao

Yeah but like, no one prompted you to claim and no one is voting for you. If you’re actually a VT you made it easier for the mafia to hunt for PRs and if you’re a VT it’s way better that you get nightkilled than a PR, unless in like the next 12 hours you become the town leader.

This just pings me as weird.

All I'm gonna say is, if I'm wolf this game, it don't matter what Lumi claims - they die, lol.

Lumi wrote:

!vote AllenCaspe9510

Time to kill a woof

Not feeling the need to expand on that is a good look imho.

Pqwerty wrote:

I think Allen gave a bunch of mediocre reads and then went back to lurking. Historically, he’s an easy D1 mischop. I don’t see Allen as the criminal mastermind yet

What about future days though? If Allen is a easy mischop for the duration of the game, still better to chop them day1 than chop nobody day1.

Lumi wrote:

Elijah should not happen today, if you scumread minimania though, that's a good place to vote

Explain please?
About Elijah, you gave nothing other than "their entrance seem they're happy to play" - an entrance which's similar to their every game entrance: say something random and vote MM.

ElijahBaley wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

also, it isn't true that I wasn't scum hunting, I was. you can look at the posts I made regarding MM and see I had the intent to scum hunt.

When in #75 you called MM towny, but didn't call anyone else towny.
When in page2 you didn't show signs of being interested in solving 2b55, when by comparison she wants to solve you.
When in #52 your interest is in a anti-town claim, you first game interest in a time. (previous page your interest was in statistics)
When in page3 and page4 your interest is in commenting to things related to things said about you, with the exception of that 1 filler looking post about MM.
That I'm so Town post #83.
You had no post page5, but the only post page6 is again commenting on things said said about you.
Now we're here, page 7. But I look at your past and instinctively it feels like an interest in scumhunting is shown in a single digit percentile of your posts.

it does not have to be present in more than that - I don't try to force reads like you guys do. if something feels scummy to me I call it out as scummy. I don't try to make up some weird complicated story as to why someone is scum, I only call someone scum (or town) if I'm sure they are. numbers don't mean anything.

That's fair. But no reads on me, no reads on 2b55 in all that time. Only MM and BB, which looked more like joke posts ftr. It's not as easy to believe you had no reads or thoughts worth mentioning in 150 posts.
You're like a living breathing INTP meme xD

Also, you can't say I'm OMGUSSING you when you've made no read on me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

ElijahBaley wrote:
Minimania wrote:

I didn't think I had to actually come out and say this but I was mostly sus of Pqwerty because I thought he was bating us as a Serial Killer. I'm not sus on him anymore at all, besides the base level sus I have for everyone.

the focus on serial killer can come from Mafia, nobody else is sitting here hunting for some neutral killer apart from Minimania. sus much?

I'm even going to go further than that and suggest that they could be traitor, traitor has no teammates and can easily die to Serial Killer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

What do you think of the idea that a Mafia is more likely to be aware of there being no 3rd party?

/short break
!vote Allen

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

#259 2022-09-02 15:25:08

Lumi

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

Grilyon also pings my scumdar for calling me out for 'voting with little info'

I think I'd usually agree with this take, but it's impossible to tell what's going on in the mind of a new player, so I don't.

BuzzerBee wrote:

since we’re nearing the day i would like to hear who people’s main suspicion is for scum. i know it’s tough to get reads on day 1 but i think it would be helpful for everyone to give one scumread instead of being so wishy washy.

your read probably won’t be right and that’s okay, it’s just helpful information to go off, especially on future days in the game it will be useful to look back to what people said on day 1

No idea honestly.

Lumi wrote:

What the heck

Majority only?

Cringe

Lumi wrote:

I really wish I randed wolf, majority elimination in an inactive game is just a recipe for town getting snowed.

I hard claim Vanilla Town. If wolves want to get rid of me they'll have to do it knowing that they're letting all the power roles in the game do their things.

mood
also, lol

ShadowsEdge wrote:

As for now though, the reads thus far feel odd, they tread this line of providing enough information while also doing nothing to move the game forward. Basically all the reads thus far have felt like just a way to seem more towny.

This might be a culture clash given that this site usually skips day1 and solves games mechanically, but it'd be nice if you respected the process. Games need to rise off the ground with flimsy takes and reads and start.

Lumi wrote:

Ozy and MM need to deliver on Elijah's past though, or Elijah could do it if they see this post before either of those two do.

ngl, I have actual no idea how to read him, I don't remember any consistency in his playstyle, so I read him as just any random player for the most part.

Pqwerty wrote:
Lumi wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Hey Lumi, why are you claiming vt?

So I don't get night killed, lmao

Yeah but like, no one prompted you to claim and no one is voting for you. If you’re actually a VT you made it easier for the mafia to hunt for PRs and if you’re a VT it’s way better that you get nightkilled than a PR, unless in like the next 12 hours you become the town leader.

This just pings me as weird.

All I'm gonna say is, if I'm wolf this game, it don't matter what Lumi claims - they die, lol.

Lumi wrote:

!vote AllenCaspe9510

Time to kill a woof

Not feeling the need to expand on that is a good look imho.

Pqwerty wrote:

I think Allen gave a bunch of mediocre reads and then went back to lurking. Historically, he’s an easy D1 mischop. I don’t see Allen as the criminal mastermind yet

What about future days though? If Allen is a easy mischop for the duration of the game, still better to chop them day1 than chop nobody day1.

Lumi wrote:

Elijah should not happen today, if you scumread minimania though, that's a good place to vote

Explain please?
About Elijah, you gave nothing other than "their entrance seem they're happy to play" - an entrance which's similar to their every game entrance: say something random and vote MM.

ElijahBaley wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

also, it isn't true that I wasn't scum hunting, I was. you can look at the posts I made regarding MM and see I had the intent to scum hunt.

When in #75 you called MM towny, but didn't call anyone else towny.
When in page2 you didn't show signs of being interested in solving 2b55, when by comparison she wants to solve you.
When in #52 your interest is in a anti-town claim, you first game interest in a time. (previous page your interest was in statistics)
When in page3 and page4 your interest is in commenting to things related to things said about you, with the exception of that 1 filler looking post about MM.
That I'm so Town post #83.
You had no post page5, but the only post page6 is again commenting on things said said about you.
Now we're here, page 7. But I look at your past and instinctively it feels like an interest in scumhunting is shown in a single digit percentile of your posts.

it does not have to be present in more than that - I don't try to force reads like you guys do. if something feels scummy to me I call it out as scummy. I don't try to make up some weird complicated story as to why someone is scum, I only call someone scum (or town) if I'm sure they are. numbers don't mean anything.

That's fair. But no reads on me, no reads on 2b55 in all that time. Only MM and BB, which looked more like joke posts ftr. It's not as easy to believe you had no reads or thoughts worth mentioning in 150 posts.
You're like a living breathing INTP meme xD

Also, you can't say I'm OMGUSSING you when you've made no read on me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

ElijahBaley wrote:
Minimania wrote:

the focus on serial killer can come from Mafia, nobody else is sitting here hunting for some neutral killer apart from Minimania. sus much?

I'm even going to go further than that and suggest that they could be traitor, traitor has no teammates and can easily die to Serial Killer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

What do you think of the idea that a Mafia is more likely to be aware of there being no 3rd party?

/short break
!vote Allen

Nothing to elaborate on Elijah, didn't know it was mag
I take back the town read since it's probably just nai, but don't want to kill day 1

#260 2022-09-02 15:27:38

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

[5] AllenCaspe9510: Lumi, Grilyon2, ElijahBaley, 2b55b5g, Nuclear Gandhi
[2] ElijahBaley: Marshmallow Marshall, Minimania
[2] Minimania: Pqwerty, ShadowsEdge
[1] Grilyon2: BuzzerBee

[3] Not voting: Onjit, AllenCaspe9510, Big Bon Jovi

7 majority votes to lock in the choice of elimination.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#261 2022-09-02 15:30:50

Lumi

Minimania opting to sleep rather than Elim is scummy

#262 2022-09-02 15:31:24

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

welp we don’t have a lot of time but looks like we’re trying to reach a majority

!vote Allen

maybe one more person will swing by in the next 30 mins and we’ll get to 7

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#263 2022-09-02 15:33:36

Lumi

No voters need to die
Allen is a no voter with scum equity

Like, is he probably town? Yes

But in a setup like this town has a limited number of chances to kill wolves. Day 1 sucked so our chances aren't great, but a small chance is better than no chance.

Vote Allen

#264 2022-09-02 15:35:07

Minimania
Moderation Team

I dont want to vote Allen here man, bruh

21cZxBv.png

#265 2022-09-02 15:35:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

If I have to in order for there to be a day 1 elim then sure but this is not who I wanted to go

21cZxBv.png

#266 2022-09-02 15:38:32

Minimania
Moderation Team

Oh what the **** there are nine minutes left. Why not round it to the nearest hour?

Listen man, Im gonna give it five minutes before I hammer. Anyone else have any last comments?

21cZxBv.png

#267 2022-09-02 15:38:55

Lumi

Minimania wrote:

If I have to in order for there to be a day 1 elim then sure but this is not who I wanted to go

Post your scumreads right now

Before voting Allen

Because you had 72 hours to push people and instead your iso is empty of any sort of pushes

So I call bs and this comment could be a wolfy attempt to not catch scumreads for hammering a town

#268 2022-09-02 15:39:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

Lumi wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Post your scumreads right now

Before voting Allen

Because you had 72 hours to push people and instead your iso is empty of any sort of pushes

So I call bs and this comment could be a wolfy attempt to not catch scumreads for hammering a town

If you read my iso, you will know my day 1 gameplan was to search for people I thought were innocent, not guilty

21cZxBv.png

#269 2022-09-02 15:40:45

Nuclear Gandhi

Ftr, I skipped that Elijah/minimania interaction because I don't believe there's anything of interest, correct me if I'm mistaken

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

#270 2022-09-02 15:41:59

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

When the thread locks 5 minutes from now or after an hammer. Please keep in mind that i may need to occasionally open the thread for very brief moments to post role card flips and such. Please do NOT post during these intervals and wait until i officially declare the next day.

Wooted by:

#271 2022-09-02 15:42:08

Nuclear Gandhi

Norwee wrote:

Surprise to absolutely nobody,
they should honestly be the PoE just for this. Even Grilyon has voted..

- Dr. Seuss

#272 2022-09-02 15:43:20

Minimania
Moderation Team

We can talk about this tomorrow Lumi

!vote AllenCaspe9510

21cZxBv.png

#273 2022-09-02 15:51:11

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

[7] AllenCaspe9510: Lumi, Grilyon2, ElijahBaley, 2b55b5g, Nuclear Gandhi, BuzzerBee, Minimania

[2] Minimania: Pqwerty, ShadowsEdge
[1] ElijahBaley: Marshmallow Marshall

AllenCaspe has received 7 votes and been chosen for the elimination.

Their role is:

Hidden text

The night begins now and will last until 17:00 GMT+2 tommorow. Close to when this post was made in your timezone.

Please remember to post any night actions if you have them by then.

#274 2022-09-03 16:00:59

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Lumi has been found dead tonight.
Their role is:

Hidden text

#275 2022-09-03 16:01:20

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Day 2 has started and will last for 72 hours.

Countdown timer here -> https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/3 … -countdown

[11] Not voting: ShadowsEdge, Onjit, Marshmallow Marshall, 2b55b5g, Pqwerty, Minimania, Big Bon Jovi, ElijahBaley, BuzzerBee, Nuclear Gandhi, Grilyon2

6 majority votes to lock in the choice of elimination.

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer