Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#226 2022-09-02 09:39:16

ElijahBaley

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

also, it isn't true that I wasn't scum hunting, I was. you can look at the posts I made regarding MM and see I had the intent to scum hunt.

When in #75 you called MM towny, but didn't call anyone else towny.
When in page2 you didn't show signs of being interested in solving 2b55, when by comparison she wants to solve you.
When in #52 your interest is in a anti-town claim, you first game interest in a time. (previous page your interest was in statistics)
When in page3 and page4 your interest is in commenting to things related to things said about you, with the exception of that 1 filler looking post about MM.
That I'm so Town post #83.
You had no post page5, but the only post page6 is again commenting on things said said about you.
Now we're here, page 7. But I look at your past and instinctively it feels like an interest in scumhunting is shown in a single digit percentile of your posts.

it does not have to be present in more than that - I don't try to force reads like you guys do. if something feels scummy to me I call it out as scummy. I don't try to make up some weird complicated story as to why someone is scum, I only call someone scum (or town) if I'm sure they are. numbers don't mean anything.

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

also, it isn't true that I wasn't scum hunting, I was. you can look at the posts I made regarding MM and see I had the intent to scum hunt.

by the way, this could be wrong or whatever but AllenCaspe's read list triggers my inner gut read

!vote AllenCaspe9510

Well, if you have intent to scum hunt, you must have some reads now. Please provide us with a list of reads //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

You've been a center of attention for the whole game, there are 7 pages and serious posts... like, if you actually tried to get reads, you at least have some by now.

the text in bold is irrational. one can try to get reads and not get any because Mafia is a difficult game. and if you're going to try to say, yeah maybe you should push people, yeah guess what I guess I might push Grilyon2, AllenCaspe, and you two for OMGUSSING me for no reason and **** me off

I already gave you my reads, I'm not going to regurgitate some reads that I don't even believe in and aren't sure of myself

I don't have a read on most people, why is that not allowed? btw - between MM and Nuclear, I think MM is scummier.

#227 2022-09-02 09:41:53

ElijahBaley

also, I didn't call MM towny in that post, but I said the post was towny, but could come from any alignment.

#228 2022-09-02 09:43:33

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:

I didn't think I had to actually come out and say this but I was mostly sus of Pqwerty because I thought he was bating us as a Serial Killer. I'm not sus on him anymore at all, besides the base level sus I have for everyone.

the focus on serial killer can come from Mafia, nobody else is sitting here hunting for some neutral killer apart from Minimania. sus much?

I'm even going to go further than that and suggest that they could be traitor, traitor has no teammates and can easily die to Serial Killer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#229 2022-09-02 09:45:00

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:

So here's the thing. The way I play is basically the way I play Among Us. I will look first for people who are good. Generally in amogus I can follow someone and if they don't kill anyone, generally they are safe. I don't have anything mechanically like that here but I still default to this playstyle as I am now.

Do my reads seem wonky? Well, probably not considering it doesn't look like I have any reads. Who do I even sus? Truthfully, not sure at this point. I've been focusing my energy more on who I think is good.

I've had the opportunity to sort of look over Allen's latest games on discord. When he is sus, he is a lot less open about his thoughts than when he is good. In this game, he made a readslist on a bunch of people but explained that he's busy. Maybe some of the reads were confusing, but they seem genuine, so I think Allen is safe.

Grilyon looks like he has no idea what's going on and I think his genuine looking confusion is enough for a derpclear from me.

Knowing what I know about Lumi, it wouldn't shock me that theyd aim to town lead at the last 12 hours of the day, so that's a bit of town points from me, but I've never played a game where they were sus so I'll keep it slight.

The rest of my energy has been spent trying to get some sort of a read on the players not native to this community.

I don't sus Pqwerty right now, it is true. Claiming anti-town in a game of only Town and Mafia is a pro town move so my thoughts on him have reversed since in my mind it's no longer possible for him to be an SK.

If we must PoE someone, I'd rather it be Elijah than Allen, Grilyon, or myself.

I don't buy Allen's reads list (I also didn't see them saying they're busy). Being 'busy' makes their reads list even scummier.

#230 2022-09-02 10:27:36

ElijahBaley

oh wow, there's only 5 hours left? I'll jump over to Minimania if Allen can't get more votes.

probably better to vote Allen because Minimania posts more.

#231 2022-09-02 10:36:58

ElijahBaley

ShadowsEdge wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:
Lumi wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Hey Lumi, why are you claiming vt?

So I don't get night killed, lmao

Yeah but like, no one prompted you to claim and no one is voting for you. If you’re actually a VT you made it easier for the mafia to hunt for PRs and if you’re a VT it’s way better that you get nightkilled than a PR, unless in like the next 12 hours you become the town leader.

This just pings me as weird.

It is a little weird, but their posts have been pretty i forget the word for it like thought-provoking. Basically like Lumi seems to actually want to get information out of people so I doubt doubt their VT claim

you doubt their VT claim because they're trying to get info out of people? I don't see what one's specific role has anything to do with that, unless you're somehow saying they're Mafia?

also, I don't understand ShadowsEdge's point on Lumi, that they shouldn't claim VT to protect the PRs, therefore they aren't VT? that seems reaching much?

#232 2022-09-02 10:37:32

ElijahBaley

Oh that wasn't ShadowsEdge making that point it was Pqwerty, never mind.

#233 2022-09-02 11:12:38

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:

So here's the thing. The way I play is basically the way I play Among Us. I will look first for people who are good. Generally in amogus I can follow someone and if they don't kill anyone, generally they are safe. I don't have anything mechanically like that here but I still default to this playstyle as I am now.

Do my reads seem wonky? Well, probably not considering it doesn't look like I have any reads. Who do I even sus? Truthfully, not sure at this point. I've been focusing my energy more on who I think is good.

I've had the opportunity to sort of look over Allen's latest games on discord. When he is sus, he is a lot less open about his thoughts than when he is good. In this game, he made a readslist on a bunch of people but explained that he's busy. Maybe some of the reads were confusing, but they seem genuine, so I think Allen is safe.

Grilyon looks like he has no idea what's going on and I think his genuine looking confusion is enough for a derpclear from me.

Knowing what I know about Lumi, it wouldn't shock me that theyd aim to town lead at the last 12 hours of the day, so that's a bit of town points from me, but I've never played a game where they were sus so I'll keep it slight.

The rest of my energy has been spent trying to get some sort of a read on the players not native to this community.

I don't sus Pqwerty right now, it is true. Claiming anti-town in a game of only Town and Mafia is a pro town move so my thoughts on him have reversed since in my mind it's no longer possible for him to be an SK.

If we must PoE someone, I'd rather it be Elijah than Allen, Grilyon, or myself.

btw concerning that second to last sentence
"Claiming anti-town [...] is a pro-town move [...]"

this is true only if they are town.

this is effectively "they are town because I want them to be town"
is this a perspective slip from someone who knows pqwerty's alignment?

!vote Minimania

#234 2022-09-02 11:14:46

ElijahBaley

that's not to mention that one should never PoE themselves (as either alignment actually - but I think I can see where that post can come from, as scum)

#235 2022-09-02 11:21:40

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

[4] Minimania: Pqwerty, 2b55b5g, ShadowsEdge, ElijahBaley
[3] ElijahBaley: Marshmallow Marshall, Nuclear Gandhi, Minimania
[2] AllenCaspe9510: Lumi, Grilyon2
[1] Grilyon2: BuzzerBee

[3] Not voting: Onjit, AllenCaspe9510, Big Bon Jovi

7 majority votes to lock in the choice of elimination.

Bold your votes please.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#236 2022-09-02 12:30:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

ElijahBaley wrote:

this is effectively "they are town because I want them to be town"
is this a perspective slip from someone who knows pqwerty's alignment?

Or, and hear me out here, maybe he's claiming because they're more than likely some sort of negative utility role that we're better off not allowing the Mafia to know?

I don't even townread Pqwerty, he just isn't the most suspicious person to me anymore.

Dude, I know I'm really not the person to be saying this, but OMGUS much?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#237 2022-09-02 12:32:28

Nuclear Gandhi

Lumi wrote:

@Marshmallow Marshall
@Nuclear Gandhi

How do you two know ElijahBaley?

Do I know ElijahBaley under some other name?

That'd be Oberon. Maybe.. he had other names as well.
Imagine you thinking we're in cahoots with the Elijah who's the only player that has played in MU Champs on illegal hydras multiple years in a row https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
This's not him.

Lumi wrote:

Grilyon2 is town as well, he town-slipped here:

Missed that. Though I wouldn't hold much stock into it, it's 48h in the game and that's their first serious post (other than 1 sentence about Elijah). Could be coached from wolf chat.

By comparison, where minimania showed they think there there's a 3p - that's a more realistic slip due to it happening in a heated moment. What did you make of that slip btw? (Assuming you didn't comment on it)

Lumi wrote:

Nuclear Gandhi is polarized

And just in his town meta. Like, literal shield this slot all the way until F3 town meta. EZ read

This can't be objective.
Even I don't know how I'd be as wolf once I finally will get it.

Be back a bit later.
I'll probably vote minimania for the hopes of any elimination though.

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

#238 2022-09-02 12:35:41

Minimania
Moderation Team

ElijahBaley wrote:

that's not to mention that one should never PoE themselves (as either alignment actually - but I think I can see where that post can come from, as scum)

I don't mind being in the PoE because it generates discussion. Of course I don't want to die, but in my death brings a lot of discussion tomorrow for those that have jumped onto my wagon.

21cZxBv.png

#239 2022-09-02 12:39:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

ElijahBaley wrote:

the focus on serial killer can come from Mafia, nobody else is sitting here hunting for some neutral killer apart from Minimania. sus much?

Also, about this

Nobody else is hunting a serial killer because everyone else can read lol

21cZxBv.png

#240 2022-09-02 12:46:06

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Perhaps I am being suddenly dense, but your paragraph on Elijah makes no sense at all to me. I read your words and don't see what you mean. I am confused.

I apologize if my reading looks like an opinion

About Onjit: you like the fact he hasn't said much about the game?? Why would anyone like such a thing lol (apart from scum obviously)? I am confused, but in a different and less positive way...

It's like I've said, it does get a little concerning when onjit doesn't contribute to this thread

About Beepboop: you like their passive nature? I have not even noticed their existence, honestly, but can you explain further? Being passive usually is not good, but rather either neutral or bad, as far as I know.

I would like to hear why passiveness doesn't usually sound good

About me: Not interesting?! My disappointment is immense and my day is ruined. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

My good man, I apologize. I haven't put much effort into my reading of yours, I just can't seem to think of you being scum at the moment. I can't seem to find anything striking for me to point out to note. I can say that your uhh very responsive.

Lumi wrote:

BuzzerBee, 2b, and AllenCaspe all committed the crime of townreading ShadowsEdge for "having good reads" despite ShadowsEdge's contributions so far being very sparse.

They all need to answer for their crimes on what read exactly they even found townie

because there's literally nothing there.

Can be explain what your sparse is?

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#241 2022-09-02 12:48:24

Minimania
Moderation Team

But even if there was a potential SK this game, let me explain my line if thinking.

With a traitor, there's at least two Mafia in this game. Add in a hypothetical Serial Killer for this scenario.

The faction and the 3p represent two kills made every night.

Eliminating a Mafia member on day 1 does not reduce that number of kills made tonight.

Eliminating a lone serial killer on day 1 reduces that number of kills made each night down to 1 kill.

Therefore, aiming for a Serial Killer and hitting correctly produces a more desirable result for town.

I don't imagine I have to explain why that is

But there's no 3p role, so none of this matters

21cZxBv.png

#242 2022-09-02 12:50:19

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

Also, about this

Nobody else is hunting a serial killer because everyone else can read lol

yes, but putting myself in your shoes as Mafia, I get the following system of feelings/train of thought/whatever:

I don't want to die at night, this gives me some measure of anxiety. If someone claimed an anti-town role, I think they might be serial killer precisely because I get anxiety from the thought I could die at night. I push said person for being serial killer, and I don't get any bad vibes like someone could scum read me for it or something, so there's nothing that could give me anxiety/give me pause before I attempt to push a lynch on a serial killer, so therefore I do it, and even seem somewhat townie doing it. note this is trying to assess a negative - if I believe someone is vigilante, I would perhaps think that I'd be scum read if I pushed them and got them lynched, or I'd be scared of their reaction and don't want to get into a TvW battle; however, you are not aware of any these feelings in this particular case, it's just that the LACK of anxiety would cause you to act in that way (not sure how to phrase this properly)

I have no opinion on the switch you made from scumreading him for being a Serial Killer to townreading him, but the most evident progression that comes to mind (I neither agree nor disagree with the following), is that, since you know they are not one of your teammates (excepting perhaps Traitor, if you yourself are not the traitor - but the argument applies even if you aren't Traitor), you townread them by default  but being Mafia, don't necessarily have any real reasons to be townreading them, so the reason you give does not match this inner "knowledge" that they are Town

#243 2022-09-02 12:51:31

Minimania
Moderation Team

ElijahBaley wrote:

I don't want to die at night, this gives me some measure of anxiety. If someone claimed an anti-town role, I think they might be serial killer precisely because I get anxiety from the thought I could die at night

Maybe Im crusty as **** or something but I've never been in a game where the Serial Killer can kill Mafia members

21cZxBv.png

#244 2022-09-02 12:51:33

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:

But even if there was a potential SK this game, let me explain my line if thinking.

With a traitor, there's at least two Mafia in this game. Add in a hypothetical Serial Killer for this scenario.

Eliminating a Mafia member on day 1 does not reduce that number of kills made tonight.

Eliminating a lone serial killer on day 1 reduces that number of kills made each night down to 1 kill.

Therefore, aiming for a Serial Killer and hitting correctly produces a more desirable result for town.

is that literally the reason you had, at the time, for pushing the serial killer, or is this just an explanation after the fact? (note that explanations after the fact can come from any alignment and I am not necessarily accusing you in this post, I simply want to know what was going through your head when you pushed the serial killer thing)

#245 2022-09-02 12:51:56

Minimania
Moderation Team

ElijahBaley wrote:

I have no opinion on the switch you made from scumreading him for being a Serial Killer to townreading him,

and I dont townread him

21cZxBv.png

#246 2022-09-02 12:53:36

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

I have no opinion on the switch you made from scumreading him for being a Serial Killer to townreading him,

and I dont townread him

fair enough, you said it was a pro-town move, not that he had to be town. so you neither townread him or scum read him if I understand correctly? at least that's how it appears from what you're saying

#247 2022-09-02 12:54:14

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

I don't want to die at night, this gives me some measure of anxiety. If someone claimed an anti-town role, I think they might be serial killer precisely because I get anxiety from the thought I could die at night

Maybe Im crusty as **** or something but I've never been in a game where the Serial Killer can kill Mafia members

really, is that uncommon here? can anyone else talk chime in on this?

#248 2022-09-02 12:55:16

ElijahBaley

God, I need to use a spellchecker or something. "talk chime in on this"

#249 2022-09-02 12:55:32

Minimania
Moderation Team

ElijahBaley wrote:
Minimania wrote:

is that literally the reason you had, at the time, for pushing the serial killer, or is this just an explanation after the fact? (note that explanations after the fact can come from any alignment and I am not necessarily accusing you in this post, I simply want to know what was going through your head when you pushed the serial killer thing)

It's not something I was actively thinking about, no. I didn't sit there and ponder "hey! We need to kill SK first! I must hunt for SK above all else!"

I made a post that my gameplan was to search for people I think are innocent first and foremost. So why would I contradict that and say I am actively scumhunting a 3p?

But I saw Pqwerty's post, and I thought it was 3p suspicious. Like, of course I'm not going to not say something. I know 3p is generally a better target than Mafia, playing Town of Salem on a discord server has taught me that. It's been a while but Beep Boop should know what I'm on about here

21cZxBv.png

#250 2022-09-02 12:56:44

Minimania
Moderation Team

Actually that's kinda bad timing lmao I literally just left the server but Im p sure Boop is still there

21cZxBv.png

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer