Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2022-08-31 17:34:04

Pqwerty

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Oops it double-quoted my argument is now invalid

#102 2022-08-31 20:15:50

Grilyon2

ShadowsEdge wrote:
Hidden text

The answer to all of these questions is 4.

Based on your answer I could think you are some kind of philosopher, so I discard you being part of the mafia, so far

2b55b5g wrote:

yes

Hmm, suspicious.
---

I remain skeptical about Eliah role, I could reason various things about their joke posts

#103 2022-08-31 20:58:43

Nuclear Gandhi

BuzzerBee wrote:

i guess i will ask if voting on day 1 is normal or helpful?

i haven’t played mafia in probably a year or two but voting on day 1 with no information seems like you have a better chance of random lynching someone from town than actually getting the mafia. is d1 not just for introductions and getting reads?

serious question lol correct me if i’m wrong

It is my understanding that Norwee's idea for the setup of this game was to make something with relatively few power roles in order to turn this game into a social deduction game instead of mechacnical solving game. (which I understand is what this site is used to playing?)
If we believe in Norwee's capabiltiy as a setup creator, then perhaps having their intent in mind we should assume that town don't have a lot of tools available to them other than Vote and Social Deduction?

Chances are, with a limited tool kit not using the tools available makes you less likely to win if you're a member of Town.
Day 1, just like any other Day phase, is TIME. Wasting that time, not using it is intrinsically not useful.
What's more, Town's win condition can be ONLY achieved with voting.

You're asking about voting on Day1 specifically though, so I assume you thoughts process goes something like this:

Premise 1 - There are more townies than mafia at the start of the game, therefore on day 1, if we random eliminate there is a higher chance of eliminating a townie than mafia.
Premise 2 - We do not want to eliminate a townie.
Conclusion - Therefore, we should not eliminate on day 1.

or

Premise A - We do not want to risk getting a townie eliminated.
Premise B - We should wait for night 1 to past, and hope that we can gain some information from that.
Conclusion - This is the safest approach as we do not accidentally eliminate a townie, and we will gain information after night 1.

Premise 1 - Assumes all votes are random. If everyone participated in the social deduction side of the game, then it wouldn't be random anymore. As I understand, that was Norwee's intention with this game.
Premise 2 - True. But in most setups - skipping a day by Voting for No Elimination means town can afford 1 less miss-elimination in the long run, so over the course of the game they end up having to be more precise with their only win condition which is their vote. So somehow funnily this premise gravitates towards the opposite conclusion.
Premise A - And yet the risk is a necassity. If Norwee created this setup in accordance to their originally claimed intent in mind, then this game is all about landing on the correct votes through social deduction.
Premise B - That's hoping the host failed to design this game as they wanted. Which is not a realistic hope given that all they needed to do was to add very few power roles to the game. I'd argue we'd get much more information out of people's voting patterns, you know, the social deduction part of the game.

Day one is one of the most important days in a mafia game. Main goal of town players during d1 is to scumhunt, and more importantly get discussions going. You can't decide if someone's actions are protown if aren't making any actions so you should try get everyone involved in both discussions and votings.

tl;dr
It's silly to play/hope for mechanical solving as the main strategy when the host claimed the intention to host a setup which requires social deduction to win. Not voting Day1 means you must vote more accurately in the game overall while also having less information to work with due to no voting patterns to analyze.

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

Wooted by: (3)

#104 2022-08-31 22:38:03

Grilyon2

I socially trust nobody not even norwee
Let's wait till night then

Wooted by:

#105 2022-08-31 23:22:12

Pqwerty

!vote Minimania

Seems to be very filler so far

#106 2022-08-31 23:30:08

Onjit
Website

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

i haven’t played mafia in probably a year or two but voting on day 1 with no information seems like you have a better chance of random lynching someone from town than actually getting the mafia. is d1 not just for introductions and getting reads?

It is my understanding that Norwee's idea for the setup of this game was to make something with relatively few power roles in order to turn this game into a social deduction game instead of mechacnical solving game. (which I understand is what this site is used to playing?)
If we believe in Norwee's capabiltiy as a setup creator, then perhaps having their intent in mind we should assume that town don't have a lot of tools available to them other than Vote and Social Deduction?

Chances are, with a limited tool kit not using the tools available makes you less likely to win if you're a member of Town.
Day 1, just like any other Day phase, is TIME. Wasting that time, not using it is intrinsically not useful.
What's more, Town's win condition can be ONLY achieved with voting.

You're asking about voting on Day1 specifically though, so I assume you thoughts process goes something like this:

Premise 1 - There are more townies than mafia at the start of the game, therefore on day 1, if we random eliminate there is a higher chance of eliminating a townie than mafia.
Premise 2 - We do not want to eliminate a townie.
Conclusion - Therefore, we should not eliminate on day 1.

or

Premise A - We do not want to risk getting a townie eliminated.
Premise B - We should wait for night 1 to past, and hope that we can gain some information from that.
Conclusion - This is the safest approach as we do not accidentally eliminate a townie, and we will gain information after night 1.

Premise 1 - Assumes all votes are random. If everyone participated in the social deduction side of the game, then it wouldn't be random anymore. As I understand, that was Norwee's intention with this game.
Premise 2 - True. But in most setups - skipping a day by Voting for No Elimination means town can afford 1 less miss-elimination in the long run, so over the course of the game they end up having to be more precise with their only win condition which is their vote. So somehow funnily this premise gravitates towards the opposite conclusion.
Premise A - And yet the risk is a necassity. If Norwee created this setup in accordance to their originally claimed intent in mind, then this game is all about landing on the correct votes through social deduction.
Premise B - That's hoping the host failed to design this game as they wanted. Which is not a realistic hope given that all they needed to do was to add very few power roles to the game. I'd argue we'd get much more information out of people's voting patterns, you know, the social deduction part of the game.

Day one is one of the most important days in a mafia game. Main goal of town players during d1 is to scumhunt, and more importantly get discussions going. You can't decide if someone's actions are protown if aren't making any actions so you should try get everyone involved in both discussions and votings.

tl;dr
It's silly to play/hope for mechanical solving as the main strategy when the host claimed the intention to host a setup which requires social deduction to win. Not voting Day1 means you must vote more accurately in the game overall while also having less information to work with due to no voting patterns to analyze.

actually i think this set up is super unbalanced because my role card straight up has a list of all the players roles and also i am night kill prood and also i have q gun with infinite bullets and also i am now kill proof IN REAL LIF and also i

:.|:;

#107 2022-08-31 23:43:35

Marshmallow Marshall

Quick pop-in even though I want to go off because this post matters imo

Pqwerty wrote:

Also Marshmallow what even is your opinion on Elijah?

First you criticize them for being too serious,

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

i don’t know a lot of you and a lot of you don’t know me so here’s a quick and potentially controversial icebreaker question

pineapple on pizza ?

though - noted that you are avoiding interaction with in-game stuff, which can come from Mafia.

!Vote BuzzerBee

While I voted him as well for his heathenry, I stand in disbelief when I see your post. This is page 1 of a game where pretty much everyone has many people they do not know around. NOBODY has said anything remotely related to the game lol, and that is perfectly normal. I can appreciate the attempt to create an event, but it's weak to the point of being nothing. Also, here you go, I have created an event by replying to you seriously //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Then you criticize them for joking (even though mostly everyone else was joking too)

So if I understand correctly, your answer is just "I was joking in the entirety of my posts"? Well... okay, I guess. I won't be throwing flowers at you for it for sure, but throwing tomatoes may be a little harsh - for now.

So if I understand correctly, your answer is just "I was joking in the entirety of my posts"? Well... okay, I guess. I won't be throwing flowers at you for it for sure, but throwing tomatoes may be a little harsh - for now.

So like, what's the deal?

I have never criticized Elijah for being too serious in that sense, but rather for making a crappy accusation. As for "it's a joke", it's a quite easy dismissal, hence my slight reserve.

However, I strongly dislike your post: it's quite obvious I am not accusing Elijah of being "overly serious" under the meaning opposite to the one of "joking", and then accuse him of joking. It looks like your thought process brought you to consider the word "serious" after reading the first Elijah quote, and then "joke" in the second quote, and that you then realized you could maybe paint me as contradicting myself by creating a dichotomy that did not exist in the first place. And for this, I shall punish you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

!Vote Pqwerty

Wooted by:

#108 2022-08-31 23:44:10

Marshmallow Marshall

Grilyon2 wrote:

I socially trust nobody not even norwee
Let's wait till night then

Norwee is the most suspicious of them all, we all know that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#109 2022-09-01 00:16:15

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

hi i just woke up so i’ll backread later, but i’ll say this random fun theory that i had, note that this theory doesn’t really affect my view on Pqwerty, my brain just likes to think of theories that most likely don’t matter

what if Pqwerty is mafia fakeclaiming an anti-town role, using it as an excuse to not claim in the future?

obviously it’s just a dumb theory so im not gonna read Pqwerty based on that

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#110 2022-09-01 00:18:57

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

It is my understanding that…

…tl;dr

this is actually really helpful, ty. i love social deduction and that was one of the reasons why i decided to join norwee’s game in the first place so now i’m even more excited to read into the subtleties of everyone’s posts lol

anyway if it matters to anyone i *don’t* like pineapple on pizza

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#111 2022-09-01 00:36:37

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Pqwerty wrote:

!vote Minimania

Seems to be very filler so far

i think onjit has more filler than minimania

she/her

#112 2022-09-01 00:42:40

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

btw @norwee does lynching require a majority (in this case 7 or more people) or is it just whoever has the most votes

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#113 2022-09-01 00:51:49

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ElijahBaley wrote:

What is there to be paranoid over in the Traitor role? It's just a scum like any other

probably because the mafia doesn’t know who the Traitor is, so it’s harder to associate mafia with the Traitor.
but at the same time the Traitor knows their mafia teammates, so i guess that cancels out

she/her

#114 2022-09-01 01:12:49

Pqwerty

I have never criticized Elijah for being too serious in that sense, but rather for making a crappy accusation. As for "it's a joke", it's a quite easy dismissal, hence my slight reserve.

So, just to be clear, this whole time you thought Elijah's vote on Buzzerbee was a legitimate accusation from Elijah? As in, 15 posts into the game Elijah decides to start a case against Buzzerbee and then later dismisses it as a joke?

Is it not possible that this was in fact a joke vote and that he later clarified that it was just a joke vote? Is it more likely that Elijah is a bold wolf or that he's just a town who made a joke on the start of D1?

I think the latter is more likely tbh, but if you have a good reason to believe that Elijah is a mafia please share. Because right now your vote is on me, but from what you've clarified, you're suspicious of Elijah too.

#115 2022-09-01 01:20:53

Pqwerty

2b55b5g wrote:

what if Pqwerty is mafia fakeclaiming an anti-town role, using it as an excuse to not claim in the future?

Again I ask which is more likely:

I'm a mafia who is fakeclaiming instead of staying silent so that I don't have to claim in the future?
OR
I'm anti-town and I'm notifying the town way in advance so that no one can be like "why didn't you say that sooner?" when my role eventually harms the town.

There's likelihood for both so believe what you want.

#116 2022-09-01 01:26:56

Pqwerty

Oh also 2b and Gandhi, do you have any opinions on people so far? I've seen a lot of theorizing but idk where your heads are at.

#117 2022-09-01 01:30:33

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Pqwerty wrote:
2b55b5g wrote:

Again I ask which is more likely:

I'm a mafia who is fakeclaiming instead of staying silent so that I don't have to claim in the future?
OR
I'm anti-town and I'm notifying the town way in advance so that no one can be like "why didn't you say that sooner?" when my role eventually harms the town.

There's likelihood for both so believe what you want.

currently the latter is more likely imo, i don’t have proof for the former cuz ultimately it’s just a random theory that i had

also i was gonna post my reads (got ninja’d by Pqwerty asking lol), but typing on mobile sucks so i’ll send them when im on pc

she/her

#118 2022-09-01 02:49:28

ShadowsEdge

I had sort of a similar thought, but Pqwerty seems adamant that whatever their role is it'll definitively harm the town at some point or another, meaning we will likely be able to see the effects of that at some point.

If there was any case to be made it would be to say that Pqwerty is claiming their own mafia role but saying it's an anti-town role, but in any regard, a claim like that could be pretty detrimental, especially depending on the content of the role.

Also Grilyon's passiveness is off-putting but that might just be the way they play.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#119 2022-09-01 03:26:32

Minimania
Moderation Team

Here's a hot take: Pqwerty is lying. This is a simple game with simple roles. Unless he's going to go on and say he's a Jester or an Executioner/Lyncher, pretty much the only two simple anti-town neutral roles, then he's someone we should consider getting rid of today.

We have to worry about a town traitor, and we don't have many options ourselves mechanically. It seems far more likely to me that he is some sort of Arsonist or a Serial Killer, and I'm leaning Serial Killer.

Also, his reads kinda seem forced or reaching. My posts are fillery, sure, but I generally joke a lot on Day 1. Even did it in champs, though tbf I was a Mafia then. But, my posts aren't even the most fillery here. For example, Allen made one post that basically said "Ill look at this game when school is over yall". Lumi hasn't said much, but also they are very much not new to the game, they played in champs with me. Some players have only been making joke posts.

!Pqwerty

I don't yet feel comfortable giving a townlean on Ghandi because I have never played with them before. And I'm slightly inclined to believe Grilyon is innocent because I'm fairly sure he has never played before and has no clue what's going on

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#120 2022-09-01 03:28:13

Minimania
Moderation Team

!vote Pqwerty

typod

21cZxBv.png

#121 2022-09-01 03:33:01

Pqwerty

Uh Mini. There's only 2 factions. That's a fact listed in the title.

How am I a town SK/Arsonist/Executioner/Jester? What even is a town traitor?

I just wanted you to talk more, I didn't think you'd overreact so much

#122 2022-09-01 03:33:24

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

uh, only town and mafia exist in this game, im not sure where arso or SK came from

also im writing my opinions, might take a while since im bad at putting my thoughts into words sometimes

she/her

#123 2022-09-01 03:52:10

Minimania
Moderation Team

Oh, yeah you know what, that's entirely fair.

But still then, what anti town role can you be if not Mafia?

21cZxBv.png

#124 2022-09-01 03:52:57

Minimania
Moderation Team

!unvote Pqwerty

21cZxBv.png

#125 2022-09-01 03:55:18

Pqwerty

Minimania wrote:

Oh, yeah you know what, that's entirely fair.

But still then, what anti town role can you be if not Mafia?

As I've said, I don't want to say. At this point in time, the information would only help the mafia. Like I'm almost positive of that and so that's why I only claimed anti-town.

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer