Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2022-08-31 12:27:44

ElijahBaley

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

What is there to be paranoid over in the Traitor role? It's just a scum like any other

#77 2022-08-31 12:30:49

ElijahBaley

I'm also not convinced the Traitor would try to hint to his mafia buddies. I just tried to picture myself name-dropping all my mafia buddies in some post to hint that I'm the traitor, and I'm like, dude what if I get lynched, or what if people notice that and go - this dude is probably traitor and told us who the Mafia were? It's not worth it.

#78 2022-08-31 12:46:41

Nuclear Gandhi

ElijahBaley wrote:

I'm also not convinced the Traitor would try to hint to his mafia buddies. I just tried to picture myself name-dropping all my mafia buddies in some post to hint that I'm the traitor, and I'm like, dude what if I get lynched, or what if people notice that and go - this dude is probably traitor and told us who the Mafia were? It's not worth it.

I'm a little surprised hearing this self proclamation of being a responsible player to be honest.
You're someone who constantly fake claimed when we played in the past because it's funny. Well, maybe you didn't do it because it's funny, idk, but I'd hope we're at least a little similar in that sense - I can't imagine myself letting the chance to do something so funny pass me if I had it https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

#79 2022-08-31 12:51:27

ElijahBaley

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

I'm a little surprised hearing this self proclamation of being a responsible player to be honest.
You're someone who constantly fake claimed when we played in the past because it's funny. Well, maybe you didn't do it because it's funny, idk, but I'd hope we're at least a little similar in that sense - I can't imagine myself letting the chance to do something so funny pass me if I had it https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

I just don't see the benefit. You avoid some night kill that doesn't actually matter (Traitor wins with Mafia even if dead), but you risk the even worse thing wherein if you die, the entire Mafia dies.

#80 2022-08-31 13:03:43

ElijahBaley

Actually - more pressingly, it's not really about the risk - if I do some dumb gambit as Town and get lynched, I just blame the other people in Town. They could've read me correctly, but didn't. Their fault.
If I'm Mafia and literally call out my teammates in chat, I cannot blame anyone but myself.

#81 2022-08-31 13:07:52

Minimania
Moderation Team

ElijahBaley wrote:

Their fault.
If I'm Mafia and literally call out my teammates in chat, I cannot blame anyone but myself.

Fair, but who are your teammates?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#82 2022-08-31 13:08:01

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

[2] BuzzerBee: ElijahBaley, Marshmallow Marshall
[1] 2b55b5g: Nuclear Gandhi

[10] Not voting: ShadowsEdge, Onjit, 2b55b5g, Pqwerty, Minimania, AllenCaspe9510, Big Bon Jovi, BuzzerBee, Grilyon2, Lumi

7 majority votes to lock in the choice of elimination.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#83 2022-08-31 13:11:13

ElijahBaley

Minimania wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

Their fault.

Fair, but who are your teammates?

I don't have any teammates, except for Town teammates, and these I do not know who they are

#84 2022-08-31 13:11:31

Nuclear Gandhi

ElijahBaley wrote:

Actually - more pressingly, it's not really about the risk - if I do some dumb gambit as Town and get lynched, I just blame the other people in Town. They could've read me correctly, but didn't. Their fault.

Ahh, yeh, this does sound more like you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”

- Dr. Seuss

#85 2022-08-31 13:13:59

Nuclear Gandhi

Minimania, give me some feedback of what you think of my response to your question plz //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

- Dr. Seuss

#86 2022-08-31 13:18:20

Minimania
Moderation Team

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

Minimania, give me some feedback of what you think of my response to your question plz //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I was looking to see that your opinion actually differed. I know you were going for a simple base level read but I would've scolded you if you would've still been suspicious of 2B even if she said the opposite of what she said

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#87 2022-08-31 13:31:23

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

ElijahBaley wrote:
Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

i don’t know a lot of you and a lot of you don’t know me so here’s a quick and potentially controversial icebreaker question

pineapple on pizza ?

though - noted that you are avoiding interaction with in-game stuff, which can come from Mafia.

!Vote BuzzerBee

While I voted him as well for his heathenry, I stand in disbelief when I see your post. This is page 1 of a game where pretty much everyone has many people they do not know around. NOBODY has said anything remotely related to the game lol, and that is perfectly normal. I can appreciate the attempt to create an event, but it's weak to the point of being nothing. Also, here you go, I have created an event by replying to you seriously //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Townie post but that doesn't really mean anything IMO. Easy to make townie posts, especially early game. Will be you waiting for hear more from you.

i assume your vote wasnt a joke so, is there a reason for not unvoting even after marshmallow's post

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#88 2022-08-31 13:33:34

ElijahBaley

2b55b5g wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

i don’t know a lot of you and a lot of you don’t know me so here’s a quick and potentially controversial icebreaker question

pineapple on pizza ?

though - noted that you are avoiding interaction with in-game stuff, which can come from Mafia.

!Vote BuzzerBee

While I voted him as well for his heathenry, I stand in disbelief when I see your post. This is page 1 of a game where pretty much everyone has many people they do not know around. NOBODY has said anything remotely related to the game lol, and that is perfectly normal. I can appreciate the attempt to create an event, but it's weak to the point of being nothing. Also, here you go, I have created an event by replying to you seriously //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Townie post but that doesn't really mean anything IMO. Easy to make townie posts, especially early game. Will be you waiting for hear more from you.

i assume your vote wasnt a joke so, is there a reason for not unvoting even after marshmallow's post

It was a joke just haven't gotten around to voting someone else yet

#89 2022-08-31 13:41:07

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

oh oops //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#90 2022-08-31 15:52:59

Marshmallow Marshall

Pqwerty wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

anyways, what my role card told me to say was MM smells like chicken.
It's not me who wants to say it, it's the role card told me to.

If this wasn't a closed setup I wouldn't be asking, but is this actually part of your role card?

Isn't it? heh ^^

And I don't know what you expect my answer to this question to be other than "uh no", considering I am... slightly biased, no matter what the good answer is lol. Besides, long live RVS.

What are you biased about?

Whether I am scum or not lol

ElijahBaley wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

How do you do, fellow kids?

I just wanted to notify everyone that I am an anti-town role. I am still aligned with the town, but I negatively impact it. So, if we can’t find a good mafia candidate to vote today, feel free to vote me. Addition by subtraction or whatever.

Also, I refuse to claim any further than that since I know that any further information will only help the mafia. If you want to know my role, either vote me off today or let the mafia kill me.

Oh and I only like pineapple on pizza if it has ham as well. I want the sweet and salty combo, not just the sweet.

Nah, I don't think we should vote you just for being an anti-town role.  My objective is to lynch scum, not town.

I agree. That being said, Qwerty, you can still be useful to town by participating and scumhunting - and likewise, you can be detrimental to town by not doing so. Thus, my read on you will be about this, not about your supposedly not so great role.

ElijahBaley wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

pineapple on pizza ?

!Vote BuzzerBee

So if I understand correctly, your answer is just "I was joking in the entirety of my posts"? Well... okay, I guess. I won't be throwing flowers at you for it for sure, but throwing tomatoes may be a little harsh - for now.

#91 2022-08-31 15:57:44

Marshmallow Marshall

ElijahBaley wrote:

What is there to be paranoid over in the Traitor role? It's just a scum like any other

+1

ElijahBaley wrote:

1: people are not always going for optimal plays
2: it's debatable (the odds of townies detecting the breadcrumb vs the odds of scum, who know who they are, doing so, are really in favor of breadcrumbing)
3: I believe your reasoning to be genuine nonetheless (which does not necessarily mean you're not scum, for the record, just probably not traitor, or perhaps you're even just sharing your thoughts without relation to your alignment)

ElijahBaley wrote:

Well, I like... winning, you know, so if I do something that results in not winning, I'd rather blame myself, improve and move on, but anyway, that might not be really relevant here lol

Wooted by:

#92 2022-08-31 15:58:46

Marshmallow Marshall

BuzzerBee, what do you think of Elijah, of his justification for the vote on you ("it's a joke"), and I guess of being the leading wagon for now?

#93 2022-08-31 16:21:07

AllenCaspe9510
Website

greeting all gentlemen and folkspersons, I came here to deliver a message for my bio. I haven't read all of these messages, just the full first page. I'll let you know my reads when i'm not busy at school.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#94 2022-08-31 16:26:48

ShadowsEdge

1: people are not always going for optimal plays

It's still better to assume that they're playing optimally, it just lowers the pool of possibilities of what might be happening.

Also i'll just say now that the only read I have is on Ghandi, being that they're placing so much attention on themself that they're probably town.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#95 2022-08-31 16:31:19

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

BuzzerBee, what do you think of Elijah, of his justification for the vote on you ("it's a joke"), and I guess of being the leading wagon for now?

nothing really lol it’s day 1 so i’m taking everything with a grain of salt

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#96 2022-08-31 16:39:28

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

i guess i will ask if voting on day 1 is normal or helpful?

i haven’t played mafia in probably a year or two but voting on day 1 with no information seems like you have a better chance of random lynching someone from town than actually getting the mafia. is d1 not just for introductions and getting reads?

serious question lol correct me if i’m wrong

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#97 2022-08-31 16:43:23

ShadowsEdge

BuzzerBee wrote:

i guess i will ask if voting on day 1 is normal or helpful?

i haven’t played mafia in probably a year or two but voting on day 1 with no information seems like you have a better chance of random lynching someone from town than actually getting the mafia. is d1 not just for introductions and getting reads?

serious question lol correct me if i’m wrong

Depends how its done, but generally lynching can help to get reads on people.

When people are voted, people will automatically have a reaction to it, some might say "This is a bad lynch, we shouldn't do it" or some might say "This is a great lynch, we should do it" or something in between, which puts their standing in more context when the person flips.

With only 2 mafia who know each other, Mafia are probably going to be less inclined to vote their own mafia, whereas they'll be more inclined to vote on a non-mafia, things like that that can help to get information before the game even begins.

On a further note, with a closed setup we don't even know if an investigative role exists, meaning we have to rely on the information we can conjure through day chat to form reads.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#98 2022-08-31 16:57:02

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Looking for an replacement to Big Bon Jovi because they have not confirmed their role. If they confirm their role before i find an replacement they can keep playing.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#99 2022-08-31 17:26:17

Pqwerty

How did Nuclear Gandhi go from saying this about 2B

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
2b55b5g wrote:
ElijahBaley wrote:

!Vote BuzzerBee

i honestly can’t tell if this is a joke post or not

I like this reaction.
About your concern though, I believe early posts are usually wack because making a mountain out of a molehill or posting stretchy ideas are ways to start the game rolling. At least I try to be more lenient on early posts. But this lost wolf (the "Traitor" role) has me be a little paranoid too honestly https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

to then saying that 2B could be coasting?

I read the quote

2b55b5g wrote:

i don’t think it’s too much of a stretch, “confirmed gangster” is kinda sus since that came out of nowhere, but it can simply be a joke post so idk lol

as 2B being open-minded and not hastily making decisions. But I also read the other quote as being open-minded. Idk I just don't interpret the quotes the same way as Gandhi and I don't think it's a solid case yet.

On a side note, I think Elijah defended himself well. I agree with Elijah that I also don't think traitor would take the risk of leaving crumbs, and I don't think Elijah would take that risk because he said he doesn't want to be blamed for losing the game for the mafia.

Anyway I think Nuclear Gandhi is town for putting in the effort to play, but I just don't agree with his takes yet. But honestly the best towns challenge each other and make an effort to find the truth.

#100 2022-08-31 17:33:24

Pqwerty

Also Marshmallow what even is your opinion on Elijah?

First you criticize them for being too serious,

ElijahBaley wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

hi y’all

pineapple on pizza ?

!Vote BuzzerBee

Then you criticize them for joking (even though mostly everyone else was joking too)

So if I understand correctly, your answer is just "I was joking in the entirety of my posts"? Well... okay, I guess. I won't be throwing flowers at you for it for sure, but throwing tomatoes may be a little harsh - for now.

So like, what's the deal?

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer