Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#426 2022-07-15 03:48:20

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: Mafia 51 - Secret Weapon [TOWN + GLADIATOR + SURVIVOR WIN!!!]

Oh, it doesn’t actually.
But in my pm it says that.

Wopsie.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#427 2022-07-15 03:48:27

Minimania
Moderation Team

Minimania wrote:

Gladiator - Once per game, during the Day, you can Declare one other player; the game host will confirm that you are the Gladiator, and for the rest of the Day Phase, all other players now must vote amongst you and your target. A majority must be reached for either you or your target to be Lynched. If no Majority is reached, you die. You are neutrally aligned with yourself. You win if and only if a majority vote is reached against your Declared target.

It isn't, but the majority thing is.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#428 2022-07-15 03:48:41

Era

No, it isn't. either we play by the stated rules or not at all, I simply don't have time for last minute rule changes.

It's also quite "fun" that my vote just invalidated Norwee's vote. I guess they should play the game 24/7 too.

#429 2022-07-15 03:49:58

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

It was mentioned in my role description from the start, it just wasn’t relayee to you guys because it’s not written and i didn’t forward it.
Slightly my fault too.

#430 2022-07-15 03:51:17

Era

Minimania: Your quote mentions nothing about redefining the term majority. In any democratic modern voting system the majority is determined by those that vote, which is exactly how the majority was determined last time. The Gladiator rules don't justify this change in definition.

#431 2022-07-15 03:52:09

Minimania
Moderation Team

Era wrote:

No, it isn't. either we play by the stated rules or not at all, I simply don't have time for last minute rule changes.

It's also quite "fun" that my vote just invalidated Norwee's vote. I guess they should play the game 24/7 too.

I'm not a perfect individual at all Era, like you I cannot commit 24/7 to this and I have a lot of pressing things to do in my life. The flip on day 1 was delayed because of a fire, as I mentioned before.

If I get things wrong, feel free to point them out and I will correct my mistakes.

Anything further than this is not productive, though, and neither is gamethrowing.

If you don't like how the mechanics work as listed, then fine, but I am not trying to be your enemy so please don't make me out to be one. I warned you about it because I didn't want you to get **** over by my mistake.

21cZxBv.png

#432 2022-07-15 03:52:42

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Era wrote:

My vote only works if i’m the 8th vote in a wagon. And if my vote is placed at that time it will stay even if someone unvotes.
It’s an annoying mechanic tho cus i feel like if someone is on the 7th vote i wouldn’t even need to place my vote there in the first place. But eh, i’m basically just an voteless player that can rely on my voice only. But i think i’m already pretty skilled at that so it’s just a bit of an added challenge to me.

#433 2022-07-15 03:55:05

Minimania
Moderation Team

Era wrote:

Minimania: Your quote mentions nothing about redefining the term majority. In any democratic modern voting system the majority is determined by those that vote, which is exactly how the majority was determined last time. The Gladiator rules don't justify this change in definition.

If there was no change in the definition of a majority for gladiator, why would I mention that either player needs a majority against them in the first place? Wouldn't that just be a given?

21cZxBv.png

#434 2022-07-15 03:55:23

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Era wrote:

Oh so the elimination must be an majority of 8?
Well that’s not happening. Scum team is against me and they already convinced some players, + i’m not going to be up to place an hammer vote at the deadline. This is already ridiculously late for me and i’m only up cus i had a nap earlier so i stayed up for longer.

#435 2022-07-15 03:56:15

Minimania
Moderation Team

There are (about) four hours left.

21cZxBv.png

#436 2022-07-15 03:59:27

Era

Yes, and?
Regardless of weather you mentioned it the defintiion *hasen't* been changed. Rules often have completely redundent parts to avoid people having to read everything to figure out what is right. In this case both vote styled mentol  that a majority has to be reached (even if the normal rule sais "whichever player was voted for the most" which id the usual definition of majority)

#437 2022-07-15 04:04:30

Althea

The definitions Mini are using are common in the mafia world. If you play on any other site or any of the werewolf board games, majority specifically means majority of the players in the game not those who are voting.

#438 2022-07-15 04:08:47

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

This will kill me IRL, but i’ll set an alarm clock for 08:55 and check in just to place a vote if it’s at 7 votes on Mutant. Then prob immediately go back to sleep.

I hate alarm clocks.

#439 2022-07-15 04:08:57

Era

If that were the case then Marhmallow Marshall would not have died, but since they did I don't accept this explanation of "thats just the way it is lol"

#440 2022-07-15 04:12:11

Althea

Era wrote:

If that were the case then Marhmallow Marshall would not have died, but since they did I don't accept this explanation of "thats just the way it is lol"

Literally in the rules it says majority isn't needed for a normal elimination. I mentioned this before end of day. Gladiator says a majority is needed. Your failure of interpretation is no reason to be unpleasant.

#441 2022-07-15 04:14:28

Althea

If Era's behavior the past couple of pages aren't indicative of him being an executioner, I don't know what would be. Sleuth has little reason to be upset in this situation since my flip will lead to the truth of the matter regardless.

Wooted by:

#442 2022-07-15 04:14:35

Era

No, the normal rules say that the elimination does not occur *at the time of reaching majority* but rather on the end of day.
The only other interpretation you are suggesting that eliminations can never happen when a majority is reached, which makes no sense. A majority *was* reached yesterday which is exactly why the elimination took place.

#443 2022-07-15 04:18:22

Althea

Era wrote:

No, the normal rules say that the elimination does not occur *at the time of reaching majority* but rather on the end of day.
The only other interpretation you are suggesting that eliminations can never happen when a majority is reached, which makes no sense. A majority *was* reached yesterday which is exactly why the elimination took place.

- A lynch will not occur when a majority has been reached. A lynch can only occur when the day ends. When a day ends, all lynch votes will be counted, and whichever player was voted for the most will be executed after factoring in role modifiers and abilities. If you do not vote, your vote will be counted as !sleep. Players can vote to not lynch anyone during the day by using the !sleep command.

See the bolded.

#444 2022-07-15 04:18:48

Era

I am not sure why you think a sleuth would have no interest in eliminating an oppressor. It would verify me as sleuth for the rest of the game. I am only annoyed about the rules changing for no apparent readon.

#445 2022-07-15 04:20:16

Era

Althea wrote:
Era wrote:

- A lynch will not occur when a majority has been reached. A lynch can only occur when the day ends. When a day ends, all lynch votes will be counted, and whichever player was voted for the most will be executed after factoring in role modifiers and abilities. If you do not vote, your vote will be counted as !sleep. Players can vote to not lynch anyone during the day by using the !sleep command.

See the bolded.

Yes, the word "when" refers to time, not to a conditional of logic.
"which player was voted for the most" is the definition of a majority.

#446 2022-07-15 04:22:17

Althea

Era wrote:
Althea wrote:
Era wrote:

See the bolded.

Yes, the word "when" refers to time, not to a conditional of logic.
"which player was voted for the most" is the definition of a majority.

Nah. See the bolded.

#447 2022-07-15 04:24:28

Althea

To be fair, I do understand the miscommunication if you're not familiar with how the term majority is typically used. So I do think it's a genuine misunderstanding.

#448 2022-07-15 04:25:29

Era

You putting things in bold does appsarently not help your reading comprehension. The only claim that paragraph makes is that lync votes will be counted at the end of the day at which point a majority is determined and the lynch does *not* occur immidiently upon reaching a majority

Why do you assume that counting votes is somehow not a thing for the gladiator vote? that makes no sense.

#449 2022-07-15 04:26:43

Era

Althea wrote:

To be fair, I do understand the miscommunication if you're not familiar with how the term majority is typically used. So I do think it's a genuine misunderstanding.

I am familiar with the term majority, I am familiar with severall voting systems, living in a democracy. This usage you are advocating for is just plainly wrong.

#450 2022-07-15 04:30:39

Althea

Era wrote:
Althea wrote:

I am familiar with the term majority, I am familiar with severall voting systems, living in a democracy. This usage you are advocating for is just plainly wrong.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/electi … ty-systems

For the record, I meant familiarity with the term in mafia.

Marshmallow Marshall1658506235795175

Board footer