Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-09 17:12:15, last edited by HydraK90 (2021-09-09 17:12:49)

HydraK90

Jump Restore (not the jump effect)

The Jump Restoration Block!

Gone are the days of placing dozens of jump effect blocks on the ground to reset your jump amount.
Once you touch this block, you'll be able to restore your jumps in the air,
until you touch the ground.
As soon as you hit the ground, you'll immediately be reset back to 1 jump.
You could have 12 jumps in the air, but as soon as you land on the "floor" (depending on your gravity direction), you can only jump the normal amount of times.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad They're sad because they touched the ground just before the end of the hardest part of the campaign.

But, perhaps, you could have options..
An alternative mode for this block is the "no ground reset" mode, where once you touch the block, you can jump the specified amount of times until you run out of jumps. Then, you need to touch the block (or other JRestore blocks) to get your.. dozen jumps back.
Unlike the effect block, where you touch the ground and get all 12 jumps back at once, instead of the default 1.

Now, what about.. negative jumps?
Forcing yourself down (or the gravity equivalent) immediately, which can be used to speed up a fall or to stop yourself from flying up into those spikes.
This can only be used once (no -2 or -3 jumps), but it does reset when you land or touch another JRestore block.
Maybe you'll be able to jump, say, 4 times (W or ^), and then slam into the ground at the end of a puzzle (S or v). All of it will be changable in the block settings.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL They just missed those spikes. Whew. Should've jumped a bit earlier.

|         hi, i'm anne!        |
    i do some silly things

Wooted by:

#2 2021-09-09 17:15:46

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Jump Restore (not the jump effect)

Maybe... I'm missing something? But you can already accomplish everything you mentioned with the Jump Effect alone.

HydraK90 wrote:

Gone are the days of placing dozens of jump effect blocks on the ground to reset your jump amount.

Why is this a bad thing?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#3 2021-09-09 17:17:21, last edited by HydraK90 (2021-09-09 17:18:14)

HydraK90

Re: Jump Restore (not the jump effect)

Minimania wrote:

Why is this a bad thing?

Might not have space, players might be able to avoid it,
doesn't really look good

|         hi, i'm anne!        |
    i do some silly things

HydraK901631204241791225

Board footer