Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-26 18:49:01, last edited by Ondrashek06 (2021-07-26 18:49:14)

Ondrashek06

Why do I want Everybody Edits to come back, unchanged.

While EE! is cool and all, there is just that sort of thing to the original EE which is magical and no "sequel" can really bring it back in it's fullest.

The thing is that EE gave me a strong "nostalgic" feeling. The feeling of "nostalgic" where the Internet wasn't just a bulletin board for corporations, but rather a space where everyone could unleash their creativity, with some major hubs being Geocities, Kongregate, Armorgames, Newgrounds, etc... Geocities is down completely, Kongregate is just an archive now, Armorgames is also just an archive, and Newgrounds isn't what it used to be. Those times where forums were THE thing and super popular, and flash games were the peak of the internet, NOT Facebook.

The "blocky" font and the 8bit font (found in menus and stuff) were truly wonderful, and actually are suitable to be used in a game unlike "corporate fonts" like Gotham.

And EEU? Well, font was gone, 8 bit textures were gone, edit codes were gone (it had "edit zones" which are like locks in growtopia), nobody was ever on chat like on EE, and it just didn't have the nostalgia spirit that was so much missing.

EE also was "welcoming", the "Thank you for playing", while being just a phrase, meant so much more when it was presented by a talking smiley in a community-created colorful world.

What we can currently play:
- EEU. Sorry, but it didn't really catch on me because it just wasn't active and had the original spirit missing.
- EECM. While it IS EE and playable, the English is so broken and it looks and plays like it could break at any time.
- EEO. It is literally just a level player for EE. There isn't campaigns, gems, energy, chat, public edits, etc that made the game so much fun. It was called "Everybody Edits" after all, not "Only you edit and then share".

I seriously wish that EE! just had the spirit of EE. EE was a wonderful game.

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2021-07-26 18:56:08, last edited by Edilights (2021-07-26 18:56:46)

Edilights
Website

Re: Why do I want Everybody Edits to come back, unchanged.

Ondrashek06 wrote:

Kongregate is just an archive now.

Kongregate is an archive for non-multiplayer and flash games. I remind you that there are games (*such as multiplayer games and html5 based) who can be still working after 2018 . EE didn't received any support to contribute to install html5 on Kong's requests . (And that's how EE was shutdown after Flash's decay)

#3 2021-07-26 20:54:51

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Make it yourself. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#4 2021-07-27 01:15:48

hummerz5

Yeah. But also, which EE are you referring to? The late-stage EE that was right before flash got axed? Or are you talking Benjaminsen era? That's where I get nostalgic. (But hopefully not elitist)

Side note, I ran into an article (on Firefox/Pocket?) about how apparently the death of Google Reader marked the end of the Good Internet. That makes me wonder just how many different claims on nostalgic internet exist out there.

#5 2021-07-27 09:05:21

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

You want the old EE back same reason as you want your old childhood back.
We were so cutely and innocently playing EE back then, now we have jobs and life is much more hard and sucky. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2021-08-07 20:58:19

Ondrashek06

Bump so they can see this...

#7 2021-08-07 21:06:54

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

why do you care so much about a smiley game

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#8 2021-08-07 21:31:37

Ondrashek06

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

why do you care so much about a smiley game

GT/PW just doesn't cut it anymore, and there's no other multiplayer sandbox game with as much freedom as EE.

PW has an extremely OP admin panel so if you're not an admin you feel like you're being constantly restricted.

GT is... well owned by Ubisoft

#9 2021-08-07 23:06:20

Minimania
Moderation Team

Ondrashek06 wrote:

GT/PW just doesn't cut it anymore, and there's no other multiplayer sandbox game with as much freedom as EE.

Platform Racing 2 or 3 might suit what you're looking for. It's not the same kind of game, but if you're looking to build or play levels, it's pretty good for that.

Maybe one day, someone will mod EEO to become Online again. Until that day comes, we must sadly accept the fact that EE is dead.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2021-08-07 23:42:50

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Games that don't change die out. You gotta keep updating to keep players interested.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#11 2021-08-08 00:40:31

Minimania
Moderation Team

Tomahawk wrote:

Games that don't change die out. You gotta keep updating to keep players interested.

Shoutout to all my fellow chess players who have been wanting an update for decades

21cZxBv.png

#12 2021-08-08 18:51:24

Ondrashek06

Minimania wrote:
Ondrashek06 wrote:

Platform Racing 2 or 3 might suit what you're looking for. It's not the same kind of game, but if you're looking to build or play levels, it's pretty good for that.

Maybe one day, someone will mod EEO to become Online again. Until that day comes, we must sadly accept the fact that EE is dead.

Isn't EEO just a level file player? Where's the fun in building levels so you can just get files and share them on discord, and not via the game itself?

#13 2021-08-09 01:21:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

Ondrashek06 wrote:
Minimania wrote:
Ondrashek06 wrote:

Isn't EEO just a level file player? Where's the fun in building levels so you can just get files and share them on discord, and not via the game itself?

You must have never played Mario Maker before

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#14 2021-08-09 17:22:52

Ondrashek06

Minimania wrote:
Ondrashek06 wrote:
Minimania wrote:
Ondrashek06 wrote:

You must have never played Mario Maker before

I absolutely did play mario maker. There you got a level browser and you could play and comment on each one, or use an ID to play a level.
EEO is literally just a file player. It has no comments or level browsers.

#15 2021-08-09 18:22:48

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Tomahawk wrote:

I think this is true for an certain percentage of players but some players will enjoy the same concept over and over again.
I have about 1404 hours of playing Left 4 Dead 2 versus and i still log on to play some time, because even though it's the "same game" with no updates it's still an different experience each time. And EE was that. Sure, you could argue it was always the same smiley sandbox game. But it doesn't matter because you could still build something new or creative every time you logged on and meet different people with different playstyles or personality.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#16 2021-08-09 18:59:02

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

^ I guess that's what EEO is for. I never bothered downloading it but there's people in the discord server doing TAS and modding it.

We spent a few months with only a few concurrent players online, so imo the people still missing it now are just daydreaming about the distant past.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#17 2021-08-09 19:22:22

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Tomahawk wrote:

so imo the people still missing it now are just daydreaming about the distant past.

If someone were to play EE now, even if it were entirely the same as it was with a high player count and everything, you're not going to get the same experience as you did from the days that you miss. I don't think I've ever returned to a game that I played years ago and had the same experience. Because the games might not have changed, but I have. Nostalgia is a powerful thing but it builds expectations that can never be lived up to.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#18 2021-08-09 23:04:58

Minimania
Moderation Team

Ondrashek06 wrote:

EEO is literally just a file player. It has no comments or level browsers

This is currently the role Discord takes on. Imo, these features don't necessarily need to be put into EEO further than what's campaigned. If you want to browse all of the levels, you could take a look at ArchivEE. Ask LukeM and he should point you in the right direction.

Perhaps you're more of a player than a builder (nothing wrong with that). You might find the game less fun as a result since the emphasis was put on building.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:
Minimania1628546698790959

Board footer