Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-08 12:29:59, last edited by Rivelka (2021-07-11 07:01:12)

Rivelka

Everybody Edits v270.1 (New Update - Underwater!) (NEW MINOR UPDATE!)

Hello, everyone! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

The update v270 is now available to everyone! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

UbDyiu9.png

Today is Summer Part 2 and Underwater Theme Update! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I ported some packages from Project M by Minimania to my game! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

List of changes:

*Added the Sunburned NPC (first custom NPC on my game!)
*Added the Sea Creature Smiley (by Minimania)
*Added the Aquarium Package (by Minimania, bubbles decorations were made by SmittyW)
*Added the Coral Reef Package (by Minimania)
*Added the Marine Package (by Realmaster42, edited by Minimania)
*Changed the backgrounds for the lobby to match the latest updates! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
*Debug has now Arial font!
*Rearranged some blocks in a more sensible order
*Rearranged blocks in toolbar in a more sensible order. They now should help new players! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
*Block Selector has now 11 rows and no name packages by default
*Smiley Selector is now wider!
*Extended the number of visible rows from "3 to 10" to "1 to 20"!
*Rivelka 2020 Levels Campaign has now new difficulties, while High Score Campaign has Hard Difficulty for last two tiers! I learned the mark difficulties and no more insane and panic!
*Adjusted the difficulty for these campaign worlds to make them slightly easier:

-Tutorial #2 (Tutorial Campaign - Tier 2) has now portal to skip these timing doors and removed the arrows pushing you up at water part
-Loee Demonic Citadel (Puzzle Pack 2 - Tier 5) - the Boost Arrow part is now slightly easier
-Fizio1 Fun Land (High Score Campaign - Tier 4) - You have more time on Mini 31 - 10 seconds instead of 8, decreased the amount of curse on Mini 37 from 20 to 10, slightly changed the Mini 39 and 40, increased the amount of curse for bonus round 3 from 20 to 25, you get a trophy and access to the super secret winners club by getting 95 instead of 100 gold coins

*Added new shortcuts for Right Click!

-Clicking YouTube will redirect to my channel
-Clicking Forum will redirect to offical EE's Forum
-Clicking Discord will redirect to semi-official EEO Discord channel

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/T1JDgQzA#kIvxhQJ-t … ECP2Ba2X5c

This was a mod mixture update also! Originally I planned to release this update on July 15, 2021, but I was ready to release it one week earlier. Next update will contain some EE CM content! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

See you in-game!

~ Rivelka ~

#2 2021-07-08 15:00:09

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Everybody Edits v270.1 (New Update - Underwater!) (NEW MINOR UPDATE!)

The bubble decorations uses an asset made by SmittyW and the Marine package wasn't made by me either. Again, I'm fine with you using my own personal stuff, but please, you gotta be more considerate to the people that made those things

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2021-07-09 03:13:13

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Minimania wrote:

The bubble decorations uses an asset made by SmittyW and the Marine package wasn't made by me either. Again, I'm fine with you using my own personal stuff, but please, you gotta be more considerate to the people that made those things

Hey my friend I have some questions, because I think you are ultimately wasting your good energy (brain power energy). So let's start a conversation about it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Why did they release an open source then?

Because what about all the other designs, coding, concepts implemented from former community members and staff? I'm not trying to be negative at all. I just don't understand your comment, as the game was made available for the community?

Also, the comment would make sense if your artwork were made after the Legacy game was release to the public? I don't know all that, I just know when something is made open source we have to accept and expect the public to use as they please because all rights are now null and void.

Please educate me if I am not correct, I'm sure you should know more of what was made post release of rights?

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 2021-07-09 06:17:39

Minimania
Moderation Team

Kaleb wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Hey my friend I have some questions, because I think you are ultimately wasting your good energy (brain power energy). So let's start a conversation about it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Because what about all the other designs, coding, concepts implemented from former community members and staff? I'm not trying to be negative at all. I just don't understand your comment, as the game was made available for the community?

Also, the comment would make sense if your artwork were made after the Legacy game was release to the public? I don't know all that, I just know when something is made open source we have to accept and expect the public to use as they please because all rights are now null and void.

Please educate me if I am not correct, I'm sure you should know more of what was made post release of rights?

Everybody Edits Offline was made open following its shutdown last December. Along with it came all of the assets added into the game before the game shut down.

What didn't come along with it are community-made assets, such as the Swimmer Smiley made by Boba, and the Marine Package by Realmaster42. These intellectual properties belong to their respective owner.

I personally asked every community member whose assets I used to be a part of my modification for EEO. I received explicit permission from all of them for their use in Project M.

My only issue is that Rivelka did not.

21cZxBv.png

#5 2021-07-09 08:38:09

Rivelka

A difficulty IDs:

0 - Basic
1 - Basic-Easy
2 - Easy
3 - Easy-Medium
4 - Medium
5 - Medium-Hard
6 - Hard
7 - Hard-Extreme
8 - Extreme
9 - Insane

Minimania wrote:

- Aquarium Package by Minimania (the bubbles were based on SmittyW's bubble decoration from the Adventure Package)
         - Diver Smiley by Boba

I will have to read more carefully and I have updated the first post. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#6 2021-07-09 15:58:17, last edited by Minimania (2021-07-09 16:05:24)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Rivelka wrote:

A difficulty IDs:

0 - Basic
1 - Basic-Easy
2 - Easy
3 - Easy-Medium
4 - Medium
5 - Medium-Hard
6 - Hard
7 - Hard-Extreme
8 - Extreme
9 - Insane

Minimania wrote:

- Aquarium Package by Minimania (the bubbles were based on SmittyW's bubble decoration from the Adventure Package)
         - Diver Smiley by Boba

I will have to read more carefully and I have updated the first post. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Hey that doesn't mean you got their permission. They spent a lot of time and hard work to make their stuff, it would mean a lot if you could give them that courtesy.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm sure (most of) the artists (at least) would say yes if you asked

21cZxBv.png

#7 2021-07-10 16:37:12

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Minimania wrote:
Kaleb wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Everybody Edits Offline was made open following its shutdown last December. Along with it came all of the assets added into the game before the game shut down.

What didn't come along with it are community-made assets, such as the Swimmer Smiley made by Boba, and the Marine Package by Realmaster42. These intellectual properties belong to their respective owner.

I personally asked every community member whose assets I used to be a part of my modification for EEO. I received explicit permission from all of them for their use in Project M.

My only issue is that Rivelka did not.

I understand the value and importance this can have and I agree,

I am just thinking more holistically that your opinion (of which I agree and is morally correct) can be easily used from a number of different users; An example would be Minecraft back when modifications were new, a majority of them were user-to-user created and of which permissions were not granted to do so. I say this because, and I know this just goes way out of our comfort zones of playing and designing aspects of the game, without any sort of copyright to those specific designs after then EEO was released, legally you cannot do anything.

Because of this, the "morality" code gets broken and we now have things like "trolling" or what Rivelka unintentionally did.
I would say it is a kind of grey zone where if you, and your community agree to a "moral code" (like respecting, truth, etc.), then you could hypothetically achieve that-with the ongoing unavoidable time-shell when someone does "troll" / "jump in the grey".

#8 2021-07-10 19:23:34

theoldinese

Kaleb wrote:
Minimania wrote:
Kaleb wrote:
Minimania wrote:

The bla

Bla

Bla

Because of this, the "morality" code gets broken and we now have things like "trolling" or what Rivelka unintentionally did.
I would say it is a kind of grey zone where if you, and your community agree to a "moral code" (like respecting, truth, etc.), then you could hypothetically achieve that-with the ongoing unavoidable time-shell when someone does "troll" / "jump in the grey".

We do a little trolling

BTW RIVELKA CHECK UR DISCORD DMS THANKS

#9 2021-07-11 00:54:41

Minimania
Moderation Team

Kaleb wrote:

I'm not worried about the legality of it. I'm not going to sue Rivelka and I don't think anyone else is, either. It's an open source smiley face game, and from what I can see, Rivelka is simply doing what he loves. I'm just trying to make sure he goes about doing what he loves the right way. I want to be able to give his mod a shoutout and a link on my page, but to do that, I'd have to know he didn't use other people's assets without permission first, as the goal of Project M is to honor the community.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#10 2021-07-11 07:01:28, last edited by Rivelka (2021-07-11 07:01:52)

Rivelka

Hello, everyone.

v270.1 was released to take some minor things and one major. This one smiley was replaced with other, because of copyright issues.

List of changes:

*Replaced the Swimmer Smiley by 180 Hue Smiley (this smiley you may remember from April Fools 2021 update - v265.2. I replaced it because I received the PM from Boba - the creator of this smiley and requested removing this smiley from my game, because without his permission I added it to the game, so sorry. I think that new smiley will have more fun than this!)
*Updated the Random block to match the newest smileys!

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/W0IzxC4D#H7o-C-W3F … 3bH2qlhonw

Please, don't be angry at this.

See you in-game!

~ Rivelka ~

#11 2021-07-12 03:11:49, last edited by Tomahawk (2021-07-12 07:48:30)

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

Rivelka wrote:

<snip - rude>

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

Wooted by:

#12 2021-07-12 04:21:03

theoldinese

Rivelka wrote:

Hello, everyone.

v270.1 was released to take some minor things and one major. This one smiley was replaced with other, because of copyright issues.

List of changes:

*Replaced the Swimmer Smiley by 180 Hue Smiley (this smiley you may remember from April Fools 2021 update - v265.2. I replaced it because I received the PM from Boba - the creator of this smiley and requested removing this smiley from my game, because without his permission I added it to the game, so sorry. I think that new smiley will have more fun than this!)

See you in-game!

~ Rivelka ~

Rivelka wrote:

Hello, everyone.

List of changes:

See you in-game!

~ Rivelka ~

Im not angry at you, you werent the one choosing to ruin your own game . Getting pressured by mini and boba is real scary they are so tough and strong

#13 2021-07-12 04:26:13, last edited by Minimania (2021-07-12 04:26:36)

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I'm not angry either

21cZxBv.png

Minimania1626060373790735

Board footer