Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-01 01:47:00, last edited by KyYay (2021-11-20 01:22:37)

KyYay

EEO: Operation K-8 (v1.2.0) [The Moving Blocks Update]

Hello, I've made a mod.
It adds a lot of action blocks, and also some other stuff i've made i guess
Here, have a preview. yeah take it all in, it's a lot
unknown.png
This mod brings with it:
-those new block and background packs
-new auras and colors
-purple dragon & spikes
-full shadow deco
-ice slab
-blocks that disappear for a bit when you jump on it
-blocks that disappear for a bit when you hit your head on it
-blocks that disappears for a bit if you stand on it for too long
-a liquid that forces you to go up
-a block (& slab) that you bounce off of
-a block (& slab) that you stick to
-3 new effects, groundpound, walljump, and airglide (or just glide)
-slower and faster time doors/gates
-quicksand that's not really that good
-arrows that push without affecting gravity
-arrows that mess with inputs
-transparent background lol
-moving blocks and moving spikes, which both interact with orange switches, and redirectors, and respective spawners for said blocks and spikes, and deleters, and switch toggled verisons of those last 2!! yay
-2 new commands, /domovement which freezes the moving stuff, and /movedelay which alters the "speed" (delay before next movement) of all moving stuff, and said speed saves with the world!

More info can be found by hovering over the action blocks in-game.
Miscellaneous changes include upping the max brush size to 100x100 (quite laggy!), unhiding the collected coins in coin pack, and slightly uncapping the world size limit (1x1-999x999) and basically uncapping the gravity limit (0-99999%).

Known bugs:
-can't use g to disable godmode when on top of a small purple dot [Fix unplanned (minor)]
-movedelay is set to 0.1 in pre-1.2 worlds (the default is 0.25) [Fixed for next update]
-the 8 cycle loop of moving block spawners gets reset upon saving and loading (so save your worlds on the cycle right before they spawn blocks if you use them) [Technically fixed (8 cycle loop is removed in next update)]
-in terms of moving blocks, [>][  ][<] becomes [  ][>][>] [Possibly unfixable (hard to fix without having to handle more variables, and technically not a bug, just an exploitation of the updating order)]
-cannot jump on jelly when gravity is leftwards or upwards [Fixed for next update]
-moving blocks can reset velocity and jumps if you interact with them weirdly [Fixed for next update]
-some bugs with slime blocks and jumping [Fixed for next update]

Worlds made with this mod are saved in the .k8lvl format, so you cant load them in normal eeo unless you change the extension like a dummy
It is compatible the other way around though. .eelvl and .k8lvl are put in separate filters when opening levels, for convenience.

Download links:
Version 1.2

Signature
------------------------------
EEO: Operation K-8

#2 2021-02-01 16:19:22

theoldinese

Re: EEO: Operation K-8 (v1.2.0) [The Moving Blocks Update]

very yummy

#3 2021-02-01 17:17:37

soniiiety

So what does the action blocks do?

#4 2021-02-01 17:25:18

KyYay

soniiiety wrote:

So what does the action blocks do?

you can hover over them and see the descriptions when playing to find out

Signature

#5 2021-02-01 22:57:34, last edited by KyYay (2021-02-01 23:48:56)

KyYay

update v1.1! a new effect has been added which lets you glide in the air, and the contact action pack has been extended
edit: ok sorry to update again so quick but 1.1.1 makes the mod have it's own cookie directory which is kind of important if you want to play other mods without crashing the game sometimes so yes

Signature

#6 2021-02-12 03:29:28

KyYay

update 1.2 oh yeah
now you get moving stuff in eeo
look at this A07WnlZsil.gif
oh and also i completed the contact pack, connecting fragile time doors have been added

Signature

Wooted by:

#7 2021-02-12 03:35:52

AllenCaspe9510
Website

do they really move that fast?

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#8 2021-02-12 03:48:15

KyYay

yes, but as i said in the post,

/movedelay which alters the "speed" (delay before next movement) of all moving stuff, and said speed saves with the world!

Signature

#9 2021-02-15 05:12:48

NoNK

thats sick

#10 2021-02-15 07:04:57, last edited by some woman (2021-02-15 08:30:33)

some woman

some things i've noticed:
- orange large dots (force player to jump) don't force ground-pound even though that shares the same button as jumping (for reference, going into an orange up arrow while you have glide effect makes you glide)
- the doors that disappear when you jump off them don't react to wall jumping. this might be more like a feature request though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue (by this logic maybe wall-sliding on crumbly blocks should count as standing on them)
- if you have double-jump, you can jump off of slime, consuming 1 jump. similarly, if you have double-jump and wall-jump, you can walljump off of slime
- your double-jump is reset when you cling onto a wall via wall-jump, but not when you cling onto slime
- you can jump while clinging onto the bottom of a slime block, which does nothing and consumes a jump if you have double-jump
- if you have double-jump and are in quicksand, your jump count at the top-left of the screen flickers
- on some frames, you're able to jump while in quicksand (noticeable if you hold space). not sure if this is intended but it's super finicky and odd
- if you're standing on a crumbly block, with frame-perfect reflexes, you can jump at the same time that it disappears. this could cheese some levels that use purple crumbly blocks and "require" you to fall from them in order to open or close a wall of other purple blocks
- directional block redirected against a wall will still try to move away from the wall, and so show the "wrong" graphic:

Hidden text

- being nudged by a directional block resets your momentum entirely and lets you jump again (this also happens with vertical directional blocks but less obvious). ideally it should only reset your horizontal momentum if you're moving toward the directional block horizontally, and likewise with vertical momentum. vertical directional blocks should never reset horizontal momentum and vice versa, and jump should never be reset unless you're nudged upward

Hidden text

- directional blocks disappear if they hit the exposed border of the level, but not if they hit full-black blocks (which are meant to seem exactly like the border). if you add this you should also probably make it apply to the full-black unsolid secret (id 243)
- directional blocks can bounce off of other directional blocks turning a corner. i guess this is correct behavior but it feels weird considering how directional blocks in a line work perfectly well

Hidden text

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#11 2021-02-18 02:33:57, last edited by KyYay (2021-02-18 02:34:17)

KyYay

- orange large dots (force player to jump) don't force ground-pound even though that shares the same button as jumping (for reference, going into an orange up arrow while you have glide effect makes you glide)

orange dots dont activate the spacejustdown variable, only spacedown, so it doesn't act like you just pressed space (which is the only time groundpound is activated).

- the doors that disappear when you jump off them don't react to wall jumping. this might be more like a feature request though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue (by this logic maybe wall-sliding on crumbly blocks should count as standing on them)

interesting thought but dunno if i can easily make it work

- if you have double-jump, you can jump off of slime, consuming 1 jump. similarly, if you have double-jump and wall-jump, you can walljump off of slime
- your double-jump is reset when you cling onto a wall via wall-jump, but not when you cling onto slime

yeaah... didnt think about that whoops (slime just makes you ungrounded instead of disabling your jumps or whatever)

- you can jump while clinging onto the bottom of a slime block, which does nothing and consumes a jump if you have double-jump

i mean you're technically in the air... if i made you not in the air then you would replenish jumps when sticking to the bottom of slime, so... :grimace:

- if you have double-jump and are in quicksand, your jump count at the top-left of the screen flickers
- on some frames, you're able to jump while in quicksand (noticeable if you hold space). not sure if this is intended but it's super finicky and odd

yeah it's bad quicksand. it's just a block that toggles between solid and non-solid really really fast

- if you're standing on a crumbly block, with frame-perfect reflexes, you can jump at the same time that it disappears. this could cheese some levels that use purple crumbly blocks and "require" you to fall from them in order to open or close a wall of other purple blocks

dunno how to fix that

- directional block redirected against a wall will still try to move away from the wall, and so show the "wrong" graphic

this would be pretty hard to fix but i dont think it's that major anyways

- being nudged by a directional block resets your momentum entirely and lets you jump again (this also happens with vertical directional blocks but less obvious). ideally it should only reset your horizontal momentum if you're moving toward the directional block horizontally, and likewise with vertical momentum. vertical directional blocks should never reset horizontal momentum and vice versa, and jump should never be reset unless you're nudged upward

this is a problem with how i implimented moving blocks' pushing mechanic (it goes after stepx() and stepy() are done, checks if you're still inside a block, if that block is a moving block then you get pushed. i dont know any better way of doing it currently)

- directional blocks disappear if they hit the exposed border of the level, but not if they hit full-black blocks (which are meant to seem exactly like the border). if you add this you should also probably make it apply to the full-black unsolid secret (id 243)

yeah that's... a thing. i guess the best thing to do would be to check if the blocks are about to move into the void, and if so, bounce (currently they dont check for the void at all, the disappearing is just because it gets "blocks" outside the world as nothing i guess so it thinks it can move)

- directional blocks can bounce off of other directional blocks turning a corner. i guess this is correct behavior but it feels weird considering how directional blocks in a line work perfectly well

this would... also be really hard to fix. the code for the moving blocks is already pretty long so it's kinda yikesy

Signature

#12 2021-03-04 02:28:26

EnanoTLL
Website

yo those are my push arrows! these are superb dude well done

for years i have dreamed of making everything big and soft so thats what i will do

fine.png

FLUFFY【300% マシュマロ〜】エンャノ(っゝω・)っ〜

#13 2021-03-04 02:49:47

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

I loveee, I will subscribe!! But nice!! HOT IS ****!! BECAUSE MY COMPUTER IS BREAKING SO I WILL BUY MY NEW COMPUTER IS COMING SOON! THX OK IM IN PHONE EE FORUM //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile:D:D;):D:D

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2021-03-12 21:36:54, last edited by Victoria (2021-03-12 21:37:40)

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

Hey.. I have a problem will be screwed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Yesterday I downloaded the Adobe Flash Player done, but what is happening if problem or thing? I thought I need to update if I’m going to see the Chrome so.. but I can't download it, but why did it stop? I think he died or not? Just help me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

- but the computer didn't work either
KNjiJHl.png
- What happened?
HtHsoxw.png

Already my new computer now*

I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
He/Him ~

Contact information:

#15 2021-03-13 02:20:28

Minimania
Moderation Team

Debora Cris wrote:

Hey.. I have a problem will be screwed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Yesterday I downloaded the Adobe Flash Player done, but what is happening if problem or thing? I thought I need to update if I’m going to see the Chrome so.. but I can't download it, but why did it stop? I think he died or not? Just help me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

https://i.imgur.com/KNjiJHl.png
- What happened?
https://i.imgur.com/HtHsoxw.png

Download older version of flash

Newer versions of flash don't work

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#16 2021-03-17 02:25:11, last edited by EnanoTLL (2021-03-17 04:17:12)

EnanoTLL
Website

a lil nitpick but soda doesnt extinguish the player. everything is way cool otherwise.
i've been tinkering around with this a lot, mainly just getting to know how to mod EE and stuff and i implemented this fix myself yay!

forgot to mention another thing i found is that redirect arrows dont seem to work when you have 0 gravity

say you have a setup like this:
BOIlgvp.png
(yes i was playing around changing textures and adding smileys. love the PAIN smiley (thx cola1))

ideally redirect arrows should redirect any input to the arrows direction but pressing up or down simply goes up or down
not sure if thats intended or not but that would make more sense right?

for years i have dreamed of making everything big and soft so thats what i will do

fine.png

FLUFFY【300% マシュマロ〜】エンャノ(っゝω・)っ〜

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2021-03-18 06:19:44

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

Minimania wrote:
Debora Cris wrote:

- What happened?

But.. why did Flash stop? He died or not? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

He/Him ~

Contact information:

#18 2021-03-18 14:01:48

Minimania
Moderation Team

Debora Cris wrote:
Minimania wrote:
Debora Cris wrote:

- What happened?

But.. why did Flash stop? He died or not? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Security exploits

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#19 2021-03-18 21:22:14

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

Minimania wrote:

Security exploits

I'm sorry, i don't understand but does security explore what that means? ;-;?

He/Him ~

Contact information:

#20 2021-03-18 21:56:28, last edited by rat (2021-03-18 21:57:02)

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Debora Cris wrote:
Minimania wrote:

Security exploits

I'm sorry, i don't understand but does security explore what that means? ;-;?

it means your computer will poop itself if you run it, and then you'll have to change its diaper

#21 2021-03-18 23:32:56, last edited by Victoria (2021-03-18 23:33:35)

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

Do you mean my computer poop itself if my run it?! I don't even run! I played Yandere Simulator and Saiko No Saiko, VrChat, Kogama with no crashing, I already said the new computer called Notebook Gamer Acer AN51, your dumb **** off

He/Him ~

Contact information:

Wooted by:

#22 2021-03-19 04:31:29

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Debora Cris wrote:

Do you mean my computer poop itself if my run it?! I don't even run! I played Yandere Simulator and Saiko No Saiko, VrChat, Kogama with no crashing, I already said the new computer called Notebook Gamer Acer AN51, your dumb **** off

i'm not sure if you understand. if Flash goes on your computer, it will poop itself! you will then have to clean it up. that's the reason EE shut down

#23 2021-03-19 13:16:33, last edited by capasha (2021-03-19 13:19:07)

capasha

Debora Cris wrote:

- What happened?

You need to download a flash projector for Windows. Run the flash projector, select the SWF and everything will work.
Since flash is not longer available you need a flash projector.
Select Windows Projector

Wooted by:

#24 2021-03-19 23:55:27

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

capasha wrote:
Debora Cris wrote:

- What happened?

You need to download a flash projector for Windows. Run the flash projector, select the SWF and everything will work.
Since flash is not longer available you need a flash projector.
Select Windows Projector

It works, thanks look you are a good boy! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
WhOeNs9.png

He/Him ~

Contact information:

Wooted by:

#25 2021-03-20 16:32:00