Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-31 02:02:10

chzandham

I didn't get to download every world I wanted.

I didn't get to download all of the worlds I wished to download, and now I feel terrible because there's quite a few worlds that I had some memories on.
Is it POSSIBLE that I can somehow get temporary access (I would only need an hour) to Everybody Edits or get downloads of every world in my crews list?

tptD29P.png

Credits to Stubby For Making me this Signature!

#2 2020-12-31 02:09:19, last edited by danielcool1 (2020-12-31 02:09:29)

danielcool1
Website

Re: I didn't get to download every world I wanted.

Hate to break it to you, but I don't think it will be possible to get access beyond this point.

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

#3 2020-12-31 02:12:59

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Your own worlds?
You really should have taken some time to do so bud. There was ample opportunity.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#4 2020-12-31 02:14:02

chzandham

danielcool1 wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but I don't think it will be possible to get access beyond this point.

I already downloaded all of my worlds, but I have yet to download the worlds in the crews I am in. I'm aware that I had plenty of time.

danielcool1 wrote:

Flash hasn't been disabled yet, so I still have some hope.

tptD29P.png

#5 2020-12-31 02:17:53

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Maybe if you pray to Satan they can help somehow.

Wooted by:

#6 2020-12-31 02:21:16, last edited by Norwee (2020-12-31 02:21:36)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Also i think someone said LukeM downloaded all the worlds? If you give them a name of the world they might have it.

Wooted by:

#7 2020-12-31 02:28:30

chzandham

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Maybe if you pray to Satan they can help somehow.

It would be really great if I could get Xenonetix's help or hers.
I don't use discord for personal and security reasons, but if someone could message them about this for me I would really appreciate it.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Also i think someone said LukeM downloaded all the worlds? If you give them a name of the world they might have it.

I didn't get the names of all of the crew worlds, but here's a few...

Unity Keno Monsters
Videogame Music~WIP

This is from a crew I'm in called "Keno Monsters".

tptD29P.png

#8 2020-12-31 02:41:36

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

i wanted to download worlds but then i fell asleep
then i woke up to ee dying
fun

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#9 2020-12-31 02:46:03

chzandham

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

i wanted to download worlds but then i fell asleep
then i woke up to ee dying
fun

Yeah, that's pretty much me right now. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

I really hope I can download a few more worlds, as I don't need to download much and it would only take a short while.

There's not much time though, so I'm a bit stressed at the moment.

tptD29P.png

#10 2020-12-31 02:49:42

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Thankfully, I downloaded all my worlds before EE got shutdown, but unfortunately, I forgot to update the offline downloader, and now I have to go through the pain of fixing everything. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

"𝓗𝓘𝓖𝓗 𝓠𝓤𝓐𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent ¯\_(º_o)_/¯
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#11 2020-12-31 02:52:04

chzandham

Sticksam wrote:

Thankfully, I downloaded all my worlds before EE got shutdown, but unfortunately, I forgot to update the offline downloader, and now I have to go through the pain of fixing everything. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Downloading your own worlds is definitely better than nothing, so I'm really thankful that I did that.

I really want(ed) to download some more though. >~<'

tptD29P.png

#12 2020-12-31 02:54:05

LukeM
Website

Quite a few people have exports / backups of all worlds from varying amounts of time ago, I have a load from back when I was on the staff team, then I think the current devs have more recent copies, and I believe the new dev is making backups of everything too.

I'm sure somebody will make their backup available, preferably one of the current devs since they're more recent, but if not I can probably upload mine.

Wooted by: (3)

#13 2020-12-31 03:03:45

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I mean it's not like EE's database of worlds got deleted as soon as the game shut down...

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2020-12-31 03:04:28, last edited by soniiiety (2020-12-31 03:04:45)

soniiiety

does anyone have my worlds downloaded, remember I am sonytv, btw i didnt know that the ee offline was out before ee shutdown. i thought it came out after it shutdown

#15 2020-12-31 03:16:31

Different55
Forum Admin

LukeM wrote:

Quite a few people have exports / backups of all worlds from varying amounts of time ago, I have a load from back when I was on the staff team, then I think the current devs have more recent copies, and I believe the new dev is making backups of everything too.

I'm sure somebody will make their backup available, preferably one of the current devs since they're more recent, but if not I can probably upload mine.

Out of curiosity, how big is all the data from all the worlds?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#16 2020-12-31 03:35:50

chzandham

LukeM wrote:

Are of the worlds I wish to download are from two or three years ago/a year ago.

It's pretty cool that you have a backup.

Tomahawk wrote:

I mean it's not like EE's database of worlds got deleted as soon as the game shut down...

It wouldn't be very convenient to search through thousands of worlds just to find some that you remember.

Different55 wrote:
LukeM wrote:

I would assume the backups are several gigabytes large.

tptD29P.png

#17 2020-12-31 03:43:55

LukeM
Website

Different55 wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Something like 50-60GB IIRC, but mostly just because it's stored in basically the worst format you could think of. Compressing it you can get it down to 3-5GB, then using a more efficient format you could probably get it in the <1GB range. I might try and finish a project for a really good compression format for worlds I had a while ago to see if I can get it to the point where you could reasonably bundle every single world with EEO.

Wooted by: (4)

#18 2020-12-31 03:52:27

frostflare

if it makes you feel better? i didn't get to download all of my worlds either. (i forgot to download something i updated today) then i remembered i have the world downloader. but the bot doesn't seem to work anymore now that the site is no longer running. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#19 2020-12-31 03:54:50

hummerz5

LukeM wrote:
Different55 wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Something like 50-60GB IIRC, but mostly just because it's stored in basically the worst format you could think of. Compressing it you can get it down to 3-5GB, then using a more efficient format you could probably get it in the <1GB range. I might try and finish a project for a really good compression format for worlds I had a while ago to see if I can get it to the point where you could reasonably bundle every single world with EEO.

This is getting pretty off-topic, but is that something that basic file compression (tar/zip) algorithms should be able to pick up on? Might save folks the trouble of getting nit-picky.

#20 2020-12-31 04:14:54

LukeM
Website

hummerz5 wrote:
LukeM wrote:
Different55 wrote:

This is getting pretty off-topic, but is that something that basic file compression (tar/zip) algorithms should be able to pick up on? Might save folks the trouble of getting nit-picky.

So I think the 5GB was zipping it (using deflate), then 3GB was a more modern compression like lzma or something, for anything better than that you'd probably need something that knows what the file format represents so can make better use of space.

Not sure if it's worth doing, 3GB is already fairly reasonable to download, but I think once you get to those sorts of sizes free hosting starts getting harder to find. The project I had was mostly done, so I'm thinking it wouldn't be too much effort to get it down to somewhere in the low hundreds of megabytes range, so it might be worth finishing.

#21 2020-12-31 04:15:58

chzandham

frostflare wrote:

if it makes you feel better? i didn't get to download all of my worlds either. (i forgot to download something i updated today) then i remembered i have the world downloader. but the bot doesn't seem to work anymore now that the site is no longer running. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

I suppose I feel a little bit better knowing that I'm not the only one, but I still hate that I didn't download everything I wanted to.

I'm sorry you didn't get to download all of yours.

tptD29P.png

#22 2020-12-31 19:07:20

frostflare

chzandham wrote:
frostflare wrote:

I suppose I feel a little bit better knowing that I'm not the only one, but I still hate that I didn't download everything I wanted to.

I'm sorry you didn't get to download all of yours.

well last night i was sorry. but this morning? i'm not. i got my world back!

QPGbzw0.png

how? well after taking someone's advice i decided to try downloading it again but using the world's ID using this.

Qn2z4TT.png

i am unsure if this will work for you but it helped me. although, i may not finish the world in the picture since they seemed to have forgot to add the command to eeo to identify world portals //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#23 2020-12-31 19:55:24

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

LukeM wrote:
Different55 wrote:
LukeM wrote:

10 years of creativity and its just 5 gigs when compressed
wow lol

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#24 2020-12-31 20:47:10

skullz17

I don't think the bot works for accounts and crews, at least in my experience, but maybe works for world IDs.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#25 2021-01-01 00:35:39

rubypiec

I have something similar but for my deleted account instead, I talked to someone like 4 hours before the game shutdown to unban my old acc for downloading (I never knew it was banned so it was accidental ban evading, I learnt it after I tried downloading and it wouldnt let me) but he couldnt get it done in time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

signature

rubypiec1609497918787505

Board footer