Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2020-06-25 00:30:57, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-06-25 07:07:05)

Minisaurus
Banned

Re: [Release] Everybody Edits Emulator

Could you make a tutorial for the people who don´t know how to play the emulator?
I only see files, and I don´t know how to start emulating the game
X:\X\EEmulator-master\EEmulator-master\EEmulator\games\EverybodyEdits\clients
wRmS3VV.png

Do I need an accounts to play? (It seems that it is not possible to create accounts in the emulator)
And this happen when I try to start using a Guest
S81PYsP.png
Something is going on about the thing named "API"
I am opening the swf using swffileplayer software
Also tried using Adobe flash player
And decompiler (Decompiler to just run the swf, not to edit stuff)

So far nothing worked, I am not able to join the game, in other versions I can´t even press the guest button, I don´t know either if I am able to create new accounts or if I even need one
Other versions are stuck on the game loading screen
What I am doing wrong and what I have to do?
(PD: I have no idea how to code)

_

UPDATE:
issue solved
I was using the "github" option to dowload (The master thing)
Now I downloaded the EEmulatorLauncher from the "Releases" (My antivirus said it could be dangerous)
I have no idea if I need both or only one (About github and releases)
When I started EEmulatorLauncher.exe some weird stuff started to happen, firewall asked for permission, CMD opens and start to request stuff (Request: Nancy.Session.NullSessionProvider >> http://localhost/api/X).. Idk if I should close that since I get errors in the emulator when doing so)
Kinda scary stuff goes on while so (Scary because I am illiterate in the coding world)
It says Loading game please wait (But even it says so, I am able to start versions of the game)
When the emulation start (Sometimes it get stuck, so I have to close the CMD thing and re-select the version I want to open, some error might appear sometimes but it does not cause in the game evident problems, if any at all)
I am able to play the version selected, it seems that is not the complete game, since I am not able to join the lobby (I am stuck in a room), I wonder if eventually the emulator will allow the player to join the lobby and create a custom sized room (Also to save and load stuff)... some questions/suggestions were already answered here https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 46#p780446
It seems that some features are there that I don´t know how to use, a tutorial to fully understand how to use the emulator and all its features would be nice
_
It would be cool if you could tell some of the history behind of each version:
- The staff that was in the team while the game version (Not really important, just curiosity)
- The date of starting of the version and the date of the ending of the version
- Changes made in the game (energy introduced in the game/change of the lobby UI/introduction of crews in the game/introduction of campaigns in the game/etc)
- Introduction of stuff in the game (Action tools/blocks/smileys/new world sizes/etc)
_
It is an amazing contribution to the game history, I appreciate it so much Atilla (miou?) & Jesse, thanks

#77 2020-06-25 17:16:14

XxAtillaxX

Minisaurus wrote:

Yes, you only need the binary release unless you intend to modify the source code yourself, which it appears you don't.
The API runs on common ports, which means there will always be a firewall prompt because ports below 1024 are considered privileged. The API server runs on 80 and the Flash Policy Server runs on 843.

If no problems are visible in the game itself, it's fine to disregard any errors in the console. A lot of the API isn't implemented (and that of which is, certainly isn't implemented properly for the most part) so harmless errors are to be expected. The lobby is disabled in newer versions, that's primarily because there's too much useless **** going on in the lobby code and it wasn't worth effort at the time, the only goal was to get the client to join a world.

I'm developing a world editor similar to EEditor now and it will support the older versions of the game as well as the newer versions. I will have it able to load and save worlds as TSON and it will have a 'Run' button with a little green arrow (like in Visual Studio) that will start EEmulator and join the world. Perhaps can also add in live-editing functionality to the editor down the line. :^

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#78 2020-07-24 05:42:07

commandhat

It appears to be currently impossible to play levels that are marked as campaign levels.

The PlayerIO emulator throws a stacktrace and the v225 client hangs on the loading screen indefinitely.

Stacktrace

#79 2020-07-24 05:48:09

commandhat

Double post required because of this forum software's really stupid anti-bot fighting silliness picking up some filter word inside the stacktrace (even though it let me actually post the stacktrace in the first place, which is... weird)

A reproductive case is to load the username master1 and attempt to play the level "KOcrew Creepy Cavern", about two thirds of the way down the list.

Wooted by:

#80 2020-07-24 22:21:50

XxAtillaxX

commandhat wrote:

Double post required because of this forum software's really stupid anti-bot fighting silliness picking up some filter word inside the stacktrace (even though it let me actually post the stacktrace in the first place, which is... weird)
A reproductive case is to load the username master1 and attempt to play the level "KOcrew Creepy Cavern", about two thirds of the way down the list.

commandhat wrote:

It appears to be currently impossible to play levels that are marked as campaign levels.

The PlayerIO emulator throws a stacktrace and the v225 client hangs on the loading screen indefinitely.

Stacktrace

Thanks for the bug report. A new version has been released which addresses this issue, as well as another issue concerning smiley selection in v0.8.0.0.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#81 2020-08-08 19:48:20

Rivelka

Looks great! Finally a good place to play past versions of Everybody Edits! I played all available versions and I can't wait for more versions! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#82 2020-08-13 15:37:25

XxAtillaxX

The world archive has been updated with 179,345 new copies of worlds, many of which were deleted or overwritten since 2014 - so there's a good possibility that those worlds are recovered and playable again.
This is a small update of the launcher to enlarge the selection box of the world gallery, so that it can display whether worlds are from 2014 and sort them appropriately, which is at the bottom of the list.
The updated world archive can be downloaded at https://archive.org/download/EEWorlds/worlds.7z

https://github.com/EEmulator/EEmulator/ … /tag/0.2.5

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (3)

#83 2020-08-13 17:35:35

Pqwerty

she attac, but she also protecc

81LQ0j.gif

#84 2020-08-28 20:09:21

ogniowym

pls unblock

#85 2020-09-02 17:47:34, last edited by Rivelka (2020-09-03 07:18:33)

Rivelka

Bugs, that I've found:

v188

*The potions doesn't work.
*You can place only one Spawn Point, Checkpoint, Diamond, Cake, Sign, Hologram and World Portals.
*You can place only two Portals and Invisible Portals.
*You can place only ten Switches, Spikes, Fires, Yellow Coin Doors, Yellow Coin Gates, Blue Coin Doors, Timed Doors and Gates, Death Doors and Gates, Zombie Doors and Gates.
*You can't place Builders Club Doors and Gates.
*You can't place Valentines 2015 decorations.

v225

*You can't place Gold Blocks, Doors, Gates and Backgrounds.
*You can't use some Smileys, such as PartyRed, PartyOrange, PartyBlue, PartyGreen, Diamond Smiley, Zombie Smiley and Sci-fi Hologram Smiley.

Wooted by:

#86 2020-09-17 21:12:17

XxAtillaxX

Rivelka wrote:

Bugs, that I've found:

Thank you. An update has been released that should fix almost if not all of these issues. I didn't see your reply until yesterday, so apologies for the delay.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#87 2020-09-18 16:57:28, last edited by Rivelka (2020-09-18 17:01:57)

Rivelka

Thanks for fixing these bugs, but after upgrading to 0.2.6 version there's more a bit bugs for v188 such as:

*Pressing the P key two times, you can't anymore edit or use God Mode on this world. The only way editing the world is having enabled Moderator Mode unless you restart the game.
*You can't place Switches Doors and Gates
*You can't place Yellow Coin Doors and Gates
*You can't place Blue Coin Doors and Gates
*You can't place Timed Doors and Gates
*You can't place Zombie Doors and Gates
*You can't place Death Doors and Gates
*You can't place Spikes and Fire Hazards (the only way to kill is typing /kill eemu)

#88 2020-09-19 04:10:49

XxAtillaxX

Rivelka wrote:

Thanks for fixing these bugs, but after upgrading to 0.2.6 version there's more a bit bugs for v188 such as:

*Pressing the P key two times, you can't anymore edit or use God Mode on this world. The only way editing the world is having enabled Moderator Mode unless you restart the game.
*You can't place Switches Doors and Gates
*You can't place Yellow Coin Doors and Gates
*You can't place Blue Coin Doors and Gates
*You can't place Timed Doors and Gates
*You can't place Zombie Doors and Gates
*You can't place Death Doors and Gates
*You can't place Spikes and Fire Hazards (the only way to kill is typing /kill eemu)

Thanks! I believe they are all fixed now in the latest release, aside from the moderator mode bug. I will have to hunt that one down in the future, but right now it isn't a huge deal since they can just press P again to edit.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#89 2020-09-19 06:16:04, last edited by Rivelka (2020-09-22 15:34:06)

Rivelka

Thanks for releasing a new version. All looks great, but you've forgot to fix a bug about you can't place Spike and Fire Hazards on any worlds in v188. I've also found bug about not working God Mode in v0.8.0.0. Other bugs:

v8 (v0.8.0.0)

*God Mode doesn't work

v188

*You can't place Spike and Fire Hazards.
*There's also Halloween 2011 corners backgrounds texture bug.

https://imgur.com/gallery/di99b87 - v188 (Spike and Fire Hazards Bug)
https://imgur.com/gallery/HstrQAv - v188 (Halloween 2011 corners background Bug)
https://imgur.com/gallery/Bjy33F9 - v0.8.0.0 (God Mode Bug)

#90 2020-09-23 05:42:29

XxAtillaxX

The hazards and spikes are fixed now as well as the god mode bug. I believe the background bug is client sided, so that won't be an easy fix. I'll leave it be unless someone wants to come along and fix it. Thanks again. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

signature.png
*u stinky*

#91 2020-09-23 06:04:06, last edited by Rivelka (2020-09-24 15:03:15)

Rivelka

Hello. Thanks for fixing bugs, but I can't still place spikes hazard in v188 and Gold Blocks and Backgrounds in v225. In addition World Gallery doesn't load worlds created by MrShoe.

v188

*You can't place Spikes Hazard.

v225

*You can't place Gold Blocks and Backgrounds.

World Gallery

*World Gallery can't load worlds created by MrShoe.

https://imgur.com/gallery/v8ABPOB - Spikes Hazard Bug
https://imgur.com/gallery/bv8TTVI - Gold Blocks and Backgrounds Bug
https://imgur.com/gallery/UtjYGRh - World Gallery for MrShoe Bug

#92 2020-09-24 16:35:49

XxAtillaxX

Rivelka wrote:

Hello. Thanks for fixing bugs, but I can't still place spikes hazard in v188 and Gold Blocks and Backgrounds in v225. In addition World Gallery doesn't load worlds created by MrShoe.

Thanks again. The spike hazards is now fixed. The gold blocks and backgrounds should be fixed too, but I don't know the appropriate key for the PayVaultItem so it probably won't show up in the block menu, though it could be added manually if you figure it out. As for loading MrShoe's worlds, it appears the ConnectUserId linked to his username (inside usernames.txt) is not his real one. If you find his original ConnectUserId you could manually replace it. I don't have enough time (or **** given, to be honest) to search for his real ConnectUserId.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#93 2020-09-24 20:58:26

theoldinese

btw i think potions dont work, it shows this weird loading thing ive never seen before when trying to use one

#94 2020-09-24 23:45:13

XxAtillaxX

theoldinese wrote:

btw i think potions dont work, it shows this weird loading thing ive never seen before when trying to use one

yeah they're disabled because the code mrshoe wrote is so horrible it was not worth the effort to figure out how his **** worked and re-implement a feature approximately nobody°C ever liked or even asked for
but hey, if someone wants to go ahead and figure it out and open a pull request, they're welcome to do so.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#95 2020-09-25 17:56:32

theoldinese

.. i liked the feature //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad im sad nobody liked mrshoe's additions i liked them i guess im alone in that :'(

#96 2020-10-05 02:56:59

XxAtillaxX

I found an old world archive export that I don't believe was previously released. The worlds are in JSON so they aren't compatible with the World Gallery functionality but they could be uploaded into the game using a bot like World.CLI or EEditor and then saved as TSON. If you can't find your world there, you might find it in here if it's from 2017 and earlier. https://mega.nz/file/RR9HTKYC#B6xhmmP3f … _XEwjoY_uA

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#97 2020-10-05 11:42:23

bunglybongle

thanks atilla

Sent from my iPhone

#98 2020-11-11 22:01:04, last edited by OCsonic (2020-11-11 22:01:39)

OCsonic

Amazing. Big Mcthankies, From Mcspankies.

My favorite old game finally back in some capacity, I remember a long time ago when I first played the game in my school's computer lab to when I made my own account for the first time and created a map that I eventually remade on every single account I made, And over the years every time I would leave for a bit and forget my accounts and when I returned I was always stunned to see some of the same games still up and almost always would run into cool people who were down to help build. Now we just need people to start hosting dedicated servers to keep this game alive the same way that Toontown Offline kept Toontown alive.

2020 is a trash year for the most part, but it's also had resurgences of some of my favorite childhood games. And the games that weren't shut down, Instead got renewed interest, So it's a win win there for old previously deprecated games. So, Klonoa 2 Multiplayer when?

Wooted by: (3)

#99 2020-11-12 02:02:28

ewoke

thanks atilla

if you can read this....good for you

#100 2020-11-13 20:34:45, last edited by OCsonic (2020-11-13 20:35:05)

OCsonic

Minisaurus wrote:

No offense but... " Something is going on about the thing named 'API'' " https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Damian93031628914299791003

Board footer