Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2020-06-25 00:30:57, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-06-25 07:07:05)

Minisaurus

Re: [Release] Everybody Edits Emulator

Could you make a tutorial for the people who don´t know how to play the emulator?
I only see files, and I don´t know how to start emulating the game
X:\X\EEmulator-master\EEmulator-master\EEmulator\games\EverybodyEdits\clients
wRmS3VV.png

Do I need an accounts to play? (It seems that it is not possible to create accounts in the emulator)
And this happen when I try to start using a Guest
S81PYsP.png
Something is going on about the thing named "API"
I am opening the swf using swffileplayer software
Also tried using Adobe flash player
And decompiler (Decompiler to just run the swf, not to edit stuff)

So far nothing worked, I am not able to join the game, in other versions I can´t even press the guest button, I don´t know either if I am able to create new accounts or if I even need one
Other versions are stuck on the game loading screen
What I am doing wrong and what I have to do?
(PD: I have no idea how to code)

_

UPDATE:
issue solved
I was using the "github" option to dowload (The master thing)
Now I downloaded the EEmulatorLauncher from the "Releases" (My antivirus said it could be dangerous)
I have no idea if I need both or only one (About github and releases)
When I started EEmulatorLauncher.exe some weird stuff started to happen, firewall asked for permission, CMD opens and start to request stuff (Request: Nancy.Session.NullSessionProvider >> http://localhost/api/X).. Idk if I should close that since I get errors in the emulator when doing so)
Kinda scary stuff goes on while so (Scary because I am illiterate in the coding world)
It says Loading game please wait (But even it says so, I am able to start versions of the game)
When the emulation start (Sometimes it get stuck, so I have to close the CMD thing and re-select the version I want to open, some error might appear sometimes but it does not cause in the game evident problems, if any at all)
I am able to play the version selected, it seems that is not the complete game, since I am not able to join the lobby (I am stuck in a room), I wonder if eventually the emulator will allow the player to join the lobby and create a custom sized room (Also to save and load stuff)... some questions/suggestions were already answered here https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 46#p780446
It seems that some features are there that I don´t know how to use, a tutorial to fully understand how to use the emulator and all its features would be nice
_
It would be cool if you could tell some of the history behind of each version:
- The staff that was in the team while the game version (Not really important, just curiosity)
- The date of starting of the version and the date of the ending of the version
- Changes made in the game (energy introduced in the game/change of the lobby UI/introduction of crews in the game/introduction of campaigns in the game/etc)
- Introduction of stuff in the game (Action tools/blocks/smileys/new world sizes/etc)
_
It is an amazing contribution to the game history, I appreciate it so much Atilla (miou?) & Jesse, thanks

3hEn3Lh.png
Note for EE Staff: I allow the introduction of any of my worlds for any official campaign.

#77 2020-06-25 17:16:14

XxAtillaxX

Minisaurus wrote:

Yes, you only need the binary release unless you intend to modify the source code yourself, which it appears you don't.
The API runs on common ports, which means there will always be a firewall prompt because ports below 1024 are considered privileged. The API server runs on 80 and the Flash Policy Server runs on 843.

If no problems are visible in the game itself, it's fine to disregard any errors in the console. A lot of the API isn't implemented (and that of which is, certainly isn't implemented properly for the most part) so harmless errors are to be expected. The lobby is disabled in newer versions, that's primarily because there's too much useless **** going on in the lobby code and it wasn't worth effort at the time, the only goal was to get the client to join a world.

I'm developing a world editor similar to EEditor now and it will support the older versions of the game as well as the newer versions. I will have it able to load and save worlds as TSON and it will have a 'Run' button with a little green arrow (like in Visual Studio) that will start EEmulator and join the world. Perhaps can also add in live-editing functionality to the editor down the line. :^

signature.png
*notices your *****

Wooted by: (2)

#78 2020-07-24 05:42:07

commandhat

It appears to be currently impossible to play levels that are marked as campaign levels.

The PlayerIO emulator throws a stacktrace and the v225 client hangs on the loading screen indefinitely.

Stacktrace

#79 2020-07-24 05:48:09

commandhat

Double post required because of this forum software's really stupid anti-bot fighting silliness picking up some filter word inside the stacktrace (even though it let me actually post the stacktrace in the first place, which is... weird)

A reproductive case is to load the username master1 and attempt to play the level "KOcrew Creepy Cavern", about two thirds of the way down the list.

Wooted by:

#80 2020-07-24 22:21:50

XxAtillaxX

commandhat wrote:

Double post required because of this forum software's really stupid anti-bot fighting silliness picking up some filter word inside the stacktrace (even though it let me actually post the stacktrace in the first place, which is... weird)
A reproductive case is to load the username master1 and attempt to play the level "KOcrew Creepy Cavern", about two thirds of the way down the list.

commandhat wrote:

It appears to be currently impossible to play levels that are marked as campaign levels.

The PlayerIO emulator throws a stacktrace and the v225 client hangs on the loading screen indefinitely.

Stacktrace

Thanks for the bug report. A new version has been released which addresses this issue, as well as another issue concerning smiley selection in v0.8.0.0.

signature.png
*notices your *****

#81 2020-08-08 19:48:20

Rivelka

Looks great! Finally a good place to play past versions of Everybody Edits! I played all available versions and I can't wait for more versions! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Rivelka1596912500783962

Board footer