Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-13 16:34:16, last edited by Minimania (2020-08-13 16:35:33)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Zone Ideas for EEU

Working just like Edit Zones do, you can place these in your worlds, and certain effects will take place within them.

SRAorLO.png

Water Zones would be a zone where all of its space is water, as in the water from EE. You would be going through water physics, as if you were swimming, and some visual effects would show, perhaps rippling or some bubbles coming from your smiley, as well as some bubbles just generally popping up.

wTTDiOB.png

They go over blocks, and are translucent, which would give blocks an "underwater" look.

With it being a Zone, you could also put arrows inside, allowing for interesting underwater levels.

DHZLhKk.png

A lava equivalent would be an appropriate addition, but with the intricacies of lava that EE has, and with different visual effects, perhaps some flames or smoke.

I also think it would be appropriate to have toxic waste and swamp water versions of these zones, as well.

Water should still wick flames away, like before. I think it would make more sense for a fire hazard to exist that would give you a short duration before killing you, whereas lava would kill you instantly without the health effect, just like toxic waste. EDIT: Perhaps both lava and fire could have this ability.

y5RSaUZ.png

The last Zone idea I have is the ice zone. Any blocks within this zone will have ice physics. Gone are the times where certain properties only apply to a small subset of blocks. You can make your icy cavern glorious and amazing looking, while still having it be icy.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#2 2020-08-13 16:58:15

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Zone Ideas for EEU

eeu suggestions, really? a man of your talents?

i really dig the idea of using zones as a layer for liquids and dont know why nobody thought of this before

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2020-08-14 15:02:49

peace

i liek this but what if you overlap some of these zones? liek water zone over ice/lava zone?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#4 2020-08-14 15:13:48

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

peace wrote:

i liek this but what if you overlap some of these zones? liek water zone over ice/lava zone?

afaik vision zones in EEU cant overlap
could implement water and lava as the same "Liquid" zone type in EEU differentiated only by a single field that specifies liquid type

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#5 2020-08-14 15:16:26

Gosha

peace wrote:

dude haven't you played minecraft or something, you'll get cobblestone ofc

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2020-08-14 22:11:55, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-08-14 22:36:08)

Minisaurus
Banned

"Liquid Zones"
Currently EEU Zones have very few features and the way they are being handled is very minimalist, so I assume there will be more options and settings for every zone when EEU start to take shape

- Open zone editor lobby
- Open tab "Liquid Zone"
- Press "+"
- A setting box pop up
- Select your liquid type:
   + Water:
   + Lava:
   + Swamp Water:
   + Toxic residues:
   * Custom liquid: Player can customize the color, and the liquid density (1-10) (I guess closer to 1 is ess dense so the player go down, and closer to 10 the player goes up) density have relation with the speed the player can move in the liquid, The basic graphic color of this is the water graphic, (Or there could be a variation in the graphic as the builder select a more or less dense liquid)
* Other liquids can be added as the staff want
* Near each liquid type selection in the setting box pop up, a info circle box is in a corner of it as you want to know more delails about that liquid
- Confirm selected liquid
- Now you can place the liquid selected (You can´t overlap liquid zones)

_

Ice zone sounds to me rather an "environment zone" and it does not belong to "liquid zone" basically this is a zone that have two effects on player:
Environment zone:
1. It causes to the player physics alterations casted related to the environment zone graphic
2. Shows graphics that is related to the environment zone
- Open zone selection menu:
- Press "+"
- A setting box pop up
- Select your environment zone type:
   + wind (Open a menu to select direction of the wind and strenght of the wind (1 to 10, being 1 the weak wind and 10 the strong wind)
   + Ice (As you explained in the OP)
   + fog/gas (Makes it hard to see the map, foggy screen) (This fog might have different colors depending on what kind of interaction has with the player) (This gas have an impact in the player more than physics, it cause "dot damage" this kills the player in "X" seconds unless the player exit the fog zone) (The best example is Amnesia: The Dark Descent toxic fog and steam hot gas) (Hot steam causes damage per second but also causes a wind effect on the physic of the player based on the gas direction) (Cold gas is like hot steam gas but instead it causes the player to go slower for "X1" seconds, if the player is too much time ("x2") seconds into the cold gas it gets frozen for "x3" seconds and the "x2" seconds gets a cooldown of "x4" seconds, the complexity can be simplier and just make the player slower for "x1" seconds only without further mechanics
   + darkness: There is two types of darkness (1. "As the player progress the darkness disappears" The smiley removes darkness as it go around the darkness zone, this is permanent until reset the map) (2. "The darkness does not fade" The player has a vision pre-determined in a darkness environment, it does no fade as the player go around the zone)
* other type of environment zones can be selected as the staff want more of them in the game
* Each environment zone has a graphic that relates to the environment physics
- Confirm selected environment zone
- Now you can place the environment zone selected (You can´t overlap environment zones, this for graphics purposes)

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2020-08-14 23:29:27

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

you sure love being extremely verbose

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by: (5)

#8 2020-08-15 00:11:02, last edited by Minimania (2020-08-15 00:17:46)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Wait shoot wrong account               /it'sjoke

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#9 2020-08-15 10:58:00

peace

minisaurus hwow abotu an optin in dark zones you can only see x part of the map at any time as you move dakrness is added to th eback of you so you can only see X area

peace.png

#10 2020-08-15 11:55:51

Gosha

TaskManager wrote:

no offense to Minisaurus but i don't read peace's topics because i don't understand them and i don't read Minisaurus because they are too needlessly long

Wooted by: (4)

#11 2020-08-15 14:12:16

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Gosha wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

no offense to Minisaurus but i don't read peace's topics because i don't understand them and i don't read Minisaurus because they are too needlessly long

yeah same
generally speaking i dislike suggestions that take a wall of text to explain, especially when the author goes awfully deep into details (like placement of every button in UI or exact energy prices for each item)
Like, why tf are you writing this? Leave the fine tuning of intricate details to the devs implementing this. they're not going to do everything exactly as you specified so you're just needlessly making your post painfully large

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#12 2020-08-15 16:13:20

John

This is a really good idea and I like it

PW?scale=2

#13 2020-08-15 17:56:41

Andymakeer

John wrote:

then add it, you are the dev lol

F

Wooted by:

#14 2020-08-15 19:39:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Andymakeer wrote:
John wrote:

then add it, you are the dev lol

It's like "we might campaign this" but from a developer instead

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (4)

#15 2020-08-16 10:39:25

peace

actualy if an dev says i liek this its anhigher chance to be implemented becaus eh emight share it directly wiht the other staff in staff chat (wherever thye have that chat) so its brought up also the dev coudl discuss how potentially he sees it fitting so gg

peace.png

peace1597570765784183

Board footer