Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#276 2020-06-04 22:09:26

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Mafia 48 - Birthday Party Game Thread [MAFIA VICTORY]

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

Andy is right, though. The only information we gain from lynching Gabe is his role card. He hasn't made any connections, or even reacted to anything. Despite what shadow said earlier, Gabe really is a throw away lynch.

Yeah, which is the point. The more completely null pointless slots in the game. The harder for the cop to actually correctly find and confirm scum.

I agree, but you have to look at individual situations.

There are better alternatives than clearing an inactive spot.

Lynching Gabe does not give the cop any direction. They would still be blind going into N1.

Lynching Luka and Andy would give the cop some kind of direction, since these two have made connections with people.

Discord: jawp#5123

#277 2020-06-04 22:14:59

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Obviously i agree lynching an inactive is suboptimal as i’ve already stated. But it’s still better than no lynch because at least we get a chance to kill scum. And it lowers the lynch pool between the townie players and the scummy/null players.

β˜…              β˜†        β˜…        β˜†         β˜…
   β˜†    β˜…                     β˜…

#278 2020-06-04 22:27:08

ShadowsEdge

mrjawapa wrote:

If your goal is to help the cop, lynching Gabe will not accomplish that. Lynching Luka could give us more info into Shadow and 2B. As mentioned earlier, there was a subtle connection between Luka and 2B. Shadow seemingly defended Luka without being obvious about it. He pointed in a different direction, then doubled back to belittle the suspicion directed to Luka.

Because I don't think that Luka is all that suspicious. People are throwing suspicion onto Luka, but all Luka really did to gain that suspicion was agree with a stratagem that Pqwerty had suggested. There were other people in agreement with the strategy, whom I find to be more suspicious, but not necessarily a target for D1. Most notably, 2B, which other people have already mentioned, so I don't really need to explain why I find them suspicious. If there is some grander notion to why Luka is suspicious, please tell me, because to me, it just seems like Luka is being targetted for wanting to attempt a strategy.

I personally think an Andy lynch is better (Referring to Jawapa's comment that the Luka lynch is better), because even though he might be playing like a new player, he's been acting anti-town the entire time. We've tried to tell him to do various things to *help* the town. But instead he refuses:

> He was asked for reads, and he just said he doesn't want to out his reads. And why, as Town, would you not want to call out your reads?.
> He's completely disregarded discussion, at basically everything we've done, he's said that it's solved nothing, and that the whole argument was pointless.
> Every time he is accused, he seems to just disregard everyone's claims as something along the lines of "You're just creating suspicion on me"

Andy also heavily supports a no lynch, which is a common new player strategy, but doesn't listen to reason when we try to explain how lynches are vital to the Town, and keeps pushing the no lynch ideal. Sure, we could end up lynching Town, but as previously stated, Lynch Wagons are how the town gets information outside of a cop. Who voted for who, why did they vote for them, what connections did they have with them, who were they defending, how confident were they that someone was town or scum. Furthermore, Outside of a one-shot vigilante, lynches are the only way that Town can make plays against evils in terms of killing. That's why lynching is so important, especially on D1, since we need to get as much information as quickly as possible.

Since Gabriel still refuses to talk, I'm gonna vote for Andy. I'm going to push on Gabriel to talk tomorrow, because I still don't like their behavior going into today.

!vote Andymakeer

Also, I just need to reply to this.

peace wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

But, between Andy and Luka, I think Andy should be flipped. Luka is mostly suspicious for supporting the cop wagon, which is fair, but could lead either way (Correct me if I'm wrong, I did a run through of the thread and this is all I could find). Andy has been batting down conversation from the beginning. Basically calling all the conversation we had useless, and claiming that he's trying to help town move forward.

!vote Gabriellfs
Personally, I'd rather have Gabriell flip over Andy. Or at the very least, pressure Gabriell to say something more than just refusing to talk D1, just for the hell of it. But in terms of a more substantial lynch, I'd much prefer an Andy lynch, since I think his scummy actions are longer lasting, and are more contradictory than Luka's.

explian?

also

!vote andy

Peace can you just read. Literally all my reasoning for those were explained the sentence after the one you underlined. But since you want me to, I'll sum it up:

> In terms of order, I think Gabriel should be lynched, because while Andy is more suspicious, at least he's contributing. Gabriel is just refusing to talk in general. It might not reveal a lot of connections like an Andy lynch would, but I don't like their approach to D1 at all. I'm fine with an Andy lynch, because I find him suspicious too, but I'm against a Luka lynch.

That's what that post was meant to say.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#279 2020-06-04 22:28:06

ShadowsEdge

Imagine having friends, unlike me who's been home for 3 months.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dying inside

~BeepnBoop

#280 2020-06-04 22:28:31

Luka504

To tell you guys the truth, I'm tired, my legs ache, and I lack the energy and willpower to try and make heads or tails of what's going on.

!unvote

Whatever happens, happens. I'll talk more in D2, but I have nothing more to say for today. Take this as you will.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#281 2020-06-04 22:29:58

ShadowsEdge

Bro

~BeepnBoop

#282 2020-06-04 22:38:05

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Imagine having friends, unlike me who's been home for 3 months.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dying inside

At least not all of us here smoke weed like i’ve found out players do on the mafia scum forums.

#283 2020-06-04 22:38:38

Andymakeer

lol okay, but i'm town https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

F

#284 2020-06-04 22:39:19

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

There were other people in agreement with the strategy, whom I find to be more suspicious, but not necessarily a target for D1. Most notably, 2B, which other people have already mentioned, so I don't really need to explain why I find them suspicious. If there is some grander notion to why Luka is suspicious, please tell me, because to me, it just seems like Luka is being targetted for wanting to attempt a strategy.

Who else agreed with it? Pqwerty suggested it, and I'm calling it a noob play; 2B was against it, then suddenly changed his mind and was for it, conveniently after Luka said it was a good idea. Task talked about possibly following the plan on D2.

2B appears to have flip flopped to follow Luka.
Luka made a push for it, and while it might seem a little meta, I'd expect Luka to have enough experience in this game to know why that's a terrible idea for the town to follow.

I can't put 2B over Luka on the scum list, because in my eyes 2B flipping scum relies on Luka flipping scum.

It feels like you're trying to pull attention away from Luka.

Luka504 wrote:

To tell you guys the truth, I'm tired, my legs ache, and I lack the energy and willpower to try and make heads or tails of what's going on.

The whole world felt that.

#285 2020-06-04 22:50:50

ShadowsEdge

Luka504 wrote:

That actually is not a bad idea. If everyone writes fake reads, then if the real cop dies, we can use what they've said while they were alive.

All right, I'm game. I am a cop.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

well ok then
im cop

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

I claim cop, I went out early in the morning and found out that I got no results

Allen agreed with it as well. I'm saying I don't think Luka is necessarily the most suspicious of all of them, These 3 are the ones that explicitly stated that they think the cop method is the way to go. 2B is more suspicious for doing a 180 in two posts, and in general for not really posting anything new to the conversation afaik, and Allen is in a similar wagon to Andy, where they're trying to avoid a lynch, and moreso just avoid discussion.

~BeepnBoop

#286 2020-06-04 22:51:28

ShadowsEdge

^ Pqwerty, as the suggester of it, agreed with it as well, but I already explained my thoughts on them previously.

~BeepnBoop

#287 2020-06-04 23:23:31

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

am i not allowed to do a 180 within 2 posts

i literally couldn't keep up with this game, so i chose to sheep who i think was reasonable at the moment.

i was originally against pqwerty's strat cuz i didnt see a point in doing that. after they explained, i thought there was not much harm doing it D1, so i claimed cop.

then shadow posted his thoughts about the plan, i saw it, that's why i did a 180 because i realized that all people claiming cop might not be a good idea after all.

also i think we shouldn't lynch Gab rn cuz he doesn't have connections with anyone. lynching luka can give info about me, lynching andy can give info about norboy. but honestly i dont think that both luka and andy are suspicious, a no lynch can be good if we can't reach a conclusion.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#288 2020-06-05 00:51:36, last edited by Minimania (2020-06-05 01:41:07)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Andymakeer - Peace, ShadowsEdge, Pqwerty, NorwegianboyEE (4)
MrJawapa - Onjit (1)
Luka504 - MrJawapa (1)
Pqwerty - Buzzerbee (1)
Gabriellfs - TaskManager (1)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You have around 7 hours and 10 minutes left today. Aren't you excited for the sleepover?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#289 2020-06-05 01:35:41

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i voted andy

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#290 2020-06-05 01:36:03

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

wait no i voted gabriel

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#291 2020-06-05 01:41:24

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:

wait no i voted gabriel

I learned my ABCs but apparently never my 123s

21cZxBv.png

#292 2020-06-05 01:46:20

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Bruh, Andy was only suggesting no-lynch-policy. I would be so surprised if he flipped town. And yes, A cop would do well on andy.
Because of this, I find this discussion pointless. The Andy claiming scum. Norboy scum, and luka scum.

Basically, all my reads are all town lean. I don't have anything to show yet. Just all town lean, that's it.
I don't come up with alot of intel, so consider this done.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#293 2020-06-05 07:27:39

Onjit
Website

Hi, sorry I've been absent in the game the past day(s) - i've been swamped with assignments

I might also just dip from this game because my champs game is coming up in a few days anyway

Sorry for the inconvenience

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#294 2020-06-05 07:41:13

Minimania
Moderation Team

I am looking for a replacement as soon as possible.  If anyone can assist in this process, it would absolutely be appreciated.

21cZxBv.png

#295 2020-06-05 07:45:58

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

I would be so surprised if he flipped town.

Why didn’t you vote him then?

Wooted by:

#296 2020-06-05 08:00:04

Minimania
Moderation Team

Andymakeer - Peace, ShadowsEdge, Pqwerty, NorwegianboyEE (4)
MrJawapa - Onjit (1)
Luka504 - MrJawapa (1)
Pqwerty - Buzzerbee (1)
Gabriellfs - TaskManager (1)

To Crybaby, their wildest dreams had come true. People actually bothered to show up for their birthday, and they were having a blast! Many activities befell the party-goers on the first day. They took turns with a piΓ±ata, played Pin the Tail on the Rat, and more. Before it came time to eating cake, however, Crybaby needed a smoke.

source.gif

Taking just a few minutes to smoke before calling everyone in for cake was relaxing, but perhaps a grave mistake. While Crybaby was away, the party-goers suddenly got into an argument after somebody was pushed in the bouncy castle.

"I swear I didn't do it guys, I wouldn't push any of you! I'm innocent!" pleads Andymakeer to the rest of the group, "Why are you blaming me?"

Despite Andymakeer's best attempts he just could not convince the town that he was innocent, so the town elected, behind Crybaby's back, to send Andymakeer home.

"You don't belong here!" screams NorwegianboyEE.

"Yeha, gt eout, we don l'tliek pushong!" agrees Peace.

"Go home!" says ShadowsEdge.

"Nobody gets away with pushing around my friends!" yells Pqwerty.

"Oh yeah!", enters the Kool-Aid man.

"Fine!", In an uproar, Andymakeer caves in, "I'm leaving! I thought you were all my friends, but if this is how you want to treat me, then so be it!" Seething in rage, Andymakeer pulls out the party favor Crybaby made for him, throwing it on the ground before he left.

After everyone had cake, Crybaby finally noticed that Andymakeer was gone. Looking around the entire house, they find the party favor that Andymakeer threw on the ground, and guessed that they didn't want to be at their party anymore. Worried and anxious, Crybaby attempted a smile so as to not worry the other party-goers, though feeling abandoned just like during every other birthday party.

Andymakeer's Flip

21cZxBv.png

#297 2020-06-06 03:52:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

When the party-goers woke up the next day, they had a lot of things planned. They would watch some movies, go swimming in the pool, and have some more good food, amongst other things. Unfortunately, it looked like two of the party-goers didn't wish to stick around. Noticing this, of course Crybaby became even more anxious than before, but the party must go on with or without them.

The cleanup party that day found that the tail pin used to play Pin the Tail on the Rat and the Broomstick used to hit the piΓ±ata from yesterday have gone missing. Nobody seems sure where they went, but upon searching, two party favors were found at different places around the house: one in the restroom and the other in the garage. It is unknown what this might mean.

The Flips

21cZxBv.png

#298 2020-06-06 05:15:45

Luka504

Alright wew I'm back.

Luka504 wrote:

!unvote

Whatever happens, happens. I'll talk more in D2, but I have nothing more to say for today. Take this as you will.

I wrote this post after I got home from a night with friends, and despite nothing bad happening that evening I just felt in a sulky and apathetic mood, and the last thing I needed to know was that I then had to read 2-3 pages just to share my opinion on what's happened if I wished to do so before d1 ended. After a short mental debate with myself, I said "**** it, I'm going to bed."

And to bed, I went. I got over my sulking fit and I feel better now.

Yesterday I got around to reading what I had skipped, and I think that lynching Andy was a solid choice to make, even though I myself would have still preferred Gabriel or even Norboy. Andy's posts were riddled with bad argumentation and emoji spam, which was scummy as all hell at worst and anti-town at best. Ultimately, because a majority is not needed to convict someone, I'd be willing to wager most, if not all, of the mafia members avoided voting for Andy to avoid drawing suspicion on themselves. I know I'm sorta shooting myself in the foot by saying that, as I didn't vote for him either, but that theory is the one that makes the most sense to me.

Pqwerty and Shadow are both town leans for me. They've been helpful contributions since the game's start. I'm not sure how to feel about Norboy right now, and I could go either way really. I'll consider him as a null or slight scum lean for now.

Regarding the two deaths, I want to go over Peace's first. I believe that he was killed by the serial killer, as I seriously doubt all three mafia members would agree to kill peace of all people, especially with no nurse to stop them from killing a better target. It is more likely he's been killed for **** and giggles rather than any actual reason, because after unblocking him and actually reading through his trash, I found what I had expected; peace said very little of worth. In the one game I was a serial killer I went after peace just to **** around, not because he was the best person to kill or because he was a helpful contributor to the conversation, so it wouldn't surprise me if that happened here, too.

Why 2B was killed, I'm not quite sure. If my previous hypothesis is correct, then 2B must have been killed by the mafia. My first guess would be that 2B hit that sweet spot where he was just inactive enough to have little connection to others but active enough to be actively participating in the game, making him a good kill that doesn't give much information to the town. I have another theory, mind you, one which I'll have to wait for a bit before I can talk about it.

Overall, I'm going to start this day off by

!vote Gabriel

Jesus Christ. Say something already.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#299 2020-06-06 05:47:26

ShadowsEdge

Allen, did you have a scumread on Andy?

~BeepnBoop

#300 2020-06-06 06:06:11

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

I'd be willing to wager most, if not all

I agree with you. It only took four votes to lynch Andy. Knowing these forums, it's like the mafia/sk didn't vote for andy at all, and the town shot themselves in the foot.

Luka504 wrote:

I seriously doubt all three mafia members would agree to kill peace

Peace is also low hanging fruit. Peace didn't say anything of substance, and didn't make any connections with others. It's a perfect kill for either killing faction. The same applies to 2B.

peace1594715618783363

Board footer