Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2020-05-13 05:00:03

Pqwerty

Re: How has Everybody Edits impacted your life?

It made me better at platformers. I really like rage platformer games like celeste and super meat boy after trying the extreme campaigns. I also learned some patience and perseverance from the extreme campaigns, and the joys of overcoming a difficult challenge.
It got me in to programming because I wanted to make bots. Now I know how to use base-stuff, but I still don't know how to make bots. Programming is still cool, though. It also inspired me to be a CS major.
Like Diff, I enjoy hanging out with you guys. I made a lot of friends and that's like the main reason I stay.

But it's not all good things. I learned the consequences of hurting people. I learned the effects of bullying and how bad it feels to be a bystander. I saw the rise and fall of EE. I saw a community that was toxic even in the very beginning (Benjaminsen quit because of it).
I learned how a lack of resources can ruin people (i.e. Xenonetix was fine before he was mentally and emotionally destroyed by the stress of trying to fix a game without adequate funding or human resources), and now I feel really bad for the people less fortunate than me.
I learned how unobtainable ideals can cloud people's judgement (i.e. how the community expected a single new owner to magically appear and save EE, even though no one realistically fit the bill).
I learned about greed and grudges and how they divide us even when we might all want the same thing in the end.

I learned to hope
but I also learned how to lose it.

Wooted by: (4)

#77 2020-05-13 06:36:40

Gosha

John wrote:

Bump! Let's get more people's experiences added to the list!

Xenonetix wanted to find community spokesman to stay silent himself for a long time now, did he find it in you?

Wooted by: (2)

#78 2020-05-13 11:30:42

Filip2005
Website

John wrote:

It's gotten me into computers, what about the rest of you?

It has given me some friendships (notably Three Musketeers group from the tournament and Jorc //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile ) and rivalries. Not only it affected my social stuff but it gave me experience in level design, graphics design and love for sandboxes. Tough that I can't play it now because I CBA.

I am Filip and I like women.

Wooted by:

#79 2020-05-13 14:08:35

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

I met all of my online friends through the EE discord

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#80 2020-05-13 14:22:19

theoldinese

entertainment for the last 8 years of my childhood

#81 2020-05-13 15:22:37

peace

idks its a game i play for over 9 years already really impressive

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#82 2020-05-13 16:06:28

Bimps

peace wrote:

idks its a game i play for over 9 years already really impressive

Did it impact your grammar?

#83 2020-05-13 23:04:10

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

@NN/Night More please stop flaming and posting off-topic

Anyway, I think my situation is very similar to others’. Joined EE during my formative years and made so many friends and watched (most of us) mature and grow. It’s what got me into coding. It was an escape from having to be around my parents and family.

But yeah, it’s definitely made an impact for better or for worse.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#84 2020-05-14 01:18:21

XxAtillaxX

Well, like most people here I've developed relationships with people from the community. I picked up a new programming language (C#) from playing the game, thanks to Showpath for helping me pick it up and learn. I taught a few others how to program during those times, so the knowledge was effectively passed down. I had plenty of fun times finding exploits in the game and there's tons I haven't even publicly disclosed. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I think it's been demonstrated that the game is mostly irrelevant in regards to the community. We are still here and having discussions in the Discord server that in no way pertains to the game, for the most part we've evolved past that and just continue to identify as such because it's the one thing we all share in common, the initial meeting place; doesn't matter if it's gone and it doesn't matter if the nostalgia worn off for plenty of us because it's not really about the game anymore, it's about the hectic and relentlessly retarded journey we've had along the way.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#85 2020-05-14 01:28:43

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Well, like most people here I've developed relationships with people from the community. I picked up a new programming language (C#) from playing the game, thanks to Showpath for helping me pick it up and learn. I taught a few others how to program during those times, so the knowledge was effectively passed down. I had plenty of fun times finding exploits in the game and there's tons I haven't even publicly disclosed. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I think it's been demonstrated that the game is mostly irrelevant in regards to the community. We are still here and having discussions in the Discord server that in no way pertains to the game, for the most part we've evolved past that and just continue to identify as such because it's the one thing we all share in common, the initial meeting place; doesn't matter if it's gone and it doesn't matter if the nostalgia worn off for plenty of us because it's not really about the game anymore, it's about the hectic and relentlessly retarded journey we've had along the way.

I hate all aspects of the community

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#86 2020-05-14 01:29:40

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I hate all aspects of the community

I like their profile pictures

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#87 2020-05-14 03:20:30

Different55
Forum Admin

BuzzerBee wrote:

Anyway, I think my situation is very similar to others’. Joined EE during my formative years and made so many friends and watched (most of us) mature and grow. It’s what got me into coding. It was an escape from having to be around my parents and family.

But yeah, it’s definitely made an impact for better or for worse.

Seconding the coding thing. When fail split off from EE I started picking up HTML and CSS, then copying chunks of JavaScript off of random websites, then moving on to PHP and from there to everything else. It was fail that pushed me to learn actual useful, marketable skills. All so I could funpost with custom BBCode that made my text look like it was on fire. I have this place to blame for that.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#88 2020-05-14 06:35:08

daneeko

ive gotten to know some good friends and stuff
also C# is cool

UzI5nBc.png

#89 2020-05-14 21:45:05

Edilights
Website

My opinion , how this game have impacted in my childhood in a positive way .Was a good treatment for my traumatic past I had...
  In short , I didn't have a white and good childhood ... I endured some days without someone friendly child  who can understand me ... I was in an agony and misery endurance . But now , I understood this game and it helped me to pass any obstacle of anxiety and depression .
  In EE , I have met good players(friends , kind people etc.) and resolved my bad moods . It wasn't perfect . There were bad players . I thought I could ignore them , they can't understand...
There's more benefits what it gave me:
- Artistic performance , with greylish structure what help me to work myself in some of pictures in EE ;
- Creative opinions ;
- Balanced minigame knowledge (That I used in my hardest worlds);
- Passion of pixels and physics in this game :3 ; (more things what I can't make public)
  EE should be good for anyone else indifferent which behavior or critic they gave . Don't care about it. Let's hope it . //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#90 2020-05-15 11:19:39

Szefpolski

It had a massive impact on me! I have very fond memories - from when I made my account (I had chickenpox), when I first saw an admin (RPGMASTER2000), when I convinced my entire class to play the game (we played for a week)... Even though I had some periods of time when I just quit the game, I always came back. I've recently come back again and I made so much friends! I never knew that Polish EE community is so big!

And I want to thank these people: KGW (for being my cousin), Marcusyoyo (for making Nostalgia City, which basically made me play EE even more in recent days), Kopi66968 (for being all-around nice and friendly person), Bialas123, Zosia, Murzyn20, Pawlak, Kargul (for showing me that Polish people still play EE - dzięki, ludziska!)!

Wooted by:

#91 2020-05-15 12:57:11

Bimps

Two EE specific memories I have are playing Floddy Digbot for hours on end, and using an Xbox 360 controller and JoyToKey to play EE for around 8 hours straight in 2016 or so while I had a sharp pain in my ear because yeah. Good times

#92 2020-05-16 16:51:51

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

It’s gotten me to become an engineer and programmer and really look at the world from any perspective!

Wooted by: (3)

#93 2020-05-16 21:36:32, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-05-16 21:52:47)

Minisaurus
Banned

(Previous post moved to the corect topic, anyway since I have posted here, I will tell how EE impacted my life)
It teached me to about art, how to paint and draw in "pixel art"
Teached me some english, which was very helpful in my english tests in school
Helped me to kill boredoom
Shown me about the infinite possibilities of histories a game can tell
It encouraged me to learn to use various graphical management softwares
Also encourage me to learn more about art
I also want to learn how to code, but I have not yet find the enough courage to start doing so
Shown me how smileys can present infinite amount of variated expressions and forms
It sometimes has been an "addiction" for me, causing some issues in my life, but that is a problem I have myself as an obsessive person lol

Wooted by: (5)

#94 2020-05-16 22:26:28

Kira

it didnt

Wooted by:

#95 2020-05-18 00:15:49, last edited by John (2020-05-18 00:44:16)

John

Kira wrote:

it didnt

For every meme post you make on this topic

1 Georges will die
V0BnVwgjSTOHadRUIZuOKg.png

save the Georges

or DON'T

PW?scale=2

John1589757349781044

Board footer