Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-12 05:19:51

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Coronavirus Disscussion

Post here anything about coronavirus

Right now, this disease is not a joke. It Is spreading across the world and my entire country is having multiple suspensions, and conflicts happening. If you have anything about this or happening in your country, now is a good time to say it.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#2 2020-03-12 06:18:43

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Coronavirus Disscussion

**** Coronavirus btw

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#3 2020-03-12 08:30:32

peace

yeah i live in the area in my country that has th ebiggest amount of infections of my coutnry almost ~50% of th einfectiosn in my coutnry is in my area :/ meawhile italy sis completely locked :/

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#4 2020-03-12 08:45:42, last edited by Luka504 (2020-03-12 08:46:31)

Luka504

A woman from Switzerland visited my city the other day and infected five people with Corona; not many, but some here are still getting into a frenzy about it.

Schools are considering shutting down until it all blows over, which would be a nice thing to get from all of this. I'm not really all that concerned with getting sick myself since I've eaten dirt so many times as a kid that my immune system would surely be strong enough to deal with it.

Really, I'm more worried about my father and grandmother getting it. Even if they get sick I doubt anything particularly bad is going to happen, as the disease is pretty comparable to the flu, but them being smokers and older than 50 is certainly not helping.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#5 2020-03-12 09:55:39

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

There’s more than 126 cases of the virus here :/

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#6 2020-03-12 10:22:24

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Worst thing about it is that events even birthday parties get suspended because of corona, except if its a family only party.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#7 2020-03-12 13:08:05, last edited by mutantdevle (2020-03-12 13:10:20)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

On a personal level, the coronavirus isn’t much of a threat to me. Although I live quite close to numerous confirmed cases it’s yet to affect me in any way. Nothing that affects me has been cancelled, I don’t travel much so I don’t have any fear of getting it, if I did get it it’s unlikely to kill me (it’d effectively just be an extended flu for me), and I don’t really have any elderly family members to worry about. Though, I’m sure it will start impacting me as it inevitably gets worse.

I’ve looked at various sciencey things about it. On one hand, the virus should die off in the summer. Right now it can survive for a whole day outside the body, but when it gets warmer it’d only be able to survive for about an hour. That’s because the way these kinds of viruses infect people is they have an outer layer that is melted by body temperature. So higher temperatures prematurely melt its outer layer. That also explains why the infection rate is much slower in Africa. But then on the hand health officials have warned that up to 80% of the UK could become infected. So if that is the case then obviously that’s gonna have a major impact. But right now the general British attitude is that the coronavirus is just an inconvenience that tragically kills the elderly a few years before their time.

Edit: so far/last time I checked, all of the deaths in the UK have been elderly people with preexisting medical conditions.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#8 2020-03-12 13:46:20, last edited by Norwee (2020-03-12 13:47:39)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

mutantdevle wrote:

I’ve looked at various sciencey things about it. On one hand, the virus should die off in the summer. Right now it can survive for a whole day outside the body, but when it gets warmer it’d only be able to survive for about an hour. That’s because the way these kinds of viruses infect people is they have an outer layer that is melted by body temperature. So higher temperatures prematurely melt its outer layer. That also explains why the infection rate is much slower in Africa.

Oh great. So the virus is going to have a field day in Norway then.
I've got the same attitude myself in that i'm not personally worried about it, as even if i get it, i don't think it will be lethal or anything. But i am worried about my elderly relatives.
Also it's a bit of an inconvenience that my university is considering shutting down. If the infection rate get's worse in my city it will probably mean a citywide lockdown.

EDIT: I've recently read an article in a Norwegian newspaper suggesting the entire country may shut down for 1 month to get the virus under control. So that will be interesting to see if it happens.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#9 2020-03-12 15:01:28, last edited by Zumza (2020-03-12 15:06:25)

Zumza

Theres a common misconception that this virus is nothing worse than a flu.
Most people that develop this disease, regardless of age, need hospital care, you cannot treat at home as you'd regular do when you get a cold.

The name of the virus is SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes is called COVID-19.
SARS stands for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.
A lot of people who catch this disease start having trouble breathing and thus need breathing devices (or whatever is the appropriate term in English).
This devices are very few in comparison with how many people get infected, way too few.

Doctors have to chose who they give this devices to, and they give them to those who are most likely to recover i.e. young people, without pre-existing conditions.

So in countries like Italy, where the outbreak is exceeding their medical resources, the statistics look bad for the elderly because they are not even given the same chances like the rest.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#10 2020-03-12 15:10:53

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Strong indicators that my university will close at the end of the week. I guess they’ll record lectures privately and upload them, or stream them, but shutting libraries would be oof since I work way better there.

The ****, irresponsible media overreports and overhypes these panic-buying stories and causes more of a problem than there was in the first place. Toilet paper and flour are apparently the two most important things in an epidemic, and it doesn’t even matter whether they are or aren’t because herd mentality bamboozles most people.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#11 2020-03-12 15:15:29

Different55
Forum Admin

They talked to us about moving classes online, although my particular program said "Hey, we're the only program that uses this building, should be fine to continue on like normal" which I don't understand one bit.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#12 2020-03-12 15:28:24, last edited by Zumza (2020-03-12 15:32:25)

Zumza

Here, in Romania, all schools, all universities, and all events that gather more than 100 persons are canceled till the end of the month. Whilst at the current moment we have less than 50 confirmed cases, on a population of about 18 millions.
At my faculty we will do our courses and labs online. At some subjects we will do videoconferencing through some Cisco platform, the exact specifics haven't been settled yet.

Italy is literally locked. People are recommended not to exit their houses unless they go either at a grocery store or a pharmacy.

I agree that the media is reporting in a manner that rather causes fear instead of reporting facts and offer rational recommendations.

A lot of people thus, believe that the virus is not a big deal but the reality is that it is crucial for this virus to be contained at once.

Wooted by:

#13 2020-03-12 16:02:59

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I blame the Chinese Communist Party for hiding the fact that this deadly virus was spreading until it was too late and it turned global.
Not to mention the World Health Organization which are basically puppets of the Chinese.

#14 2020-03-12 17:37:21

ASDruska

my sister got to stay home because of it (i think she said something about a student having it)
i still have to go to school //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

cringe ^
based v

#15 2020-03-12 17:42:25

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I blame the Chinese Communist Party for hiding the fact that this deadly virus was spreading until it was too late and it turned global.
Not to mention the World Health Organization which are basically puppets of the Chinese.

the chinese government really sucks
and it sucks that i live in hong kong too

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#16 2020-03-12 18:30:54

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

But right now the general British attitude is that the coronavirus is just an inconvenience that tragically kills the elderly a few years before their time.

In Italy they thought the same, now they have over 12.000 infected and 820 deaths.
In Spain we thought the same and now we have over 3.000 infected and 84 deaths.
Nobody ever worries about old people until it hits their parents and grandparents.

gLjTZE1.png

#17 2020-03-12 18:43:34

Zumza

Currently, the people who are dismissing the coronavirus problem or undermine it, have the same mentality as those who dismiss and undermine climate-change.

#18 2020-03-12 18:50:27

peace

the vorus is a porblem becuase none is imune for such a new virus

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#19 2020-03-12 19:09:58

Minimania
Moderation Team

Zumza wrote:

Currently, the people who are dismissing the coronavirus problem or undermine it, have the same mentality as those who dismiss and undermine climate-change.

Citation needed

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

rat

#20 2020-03-12 19:16:08

Zumza

Crybaby wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Citation needed

They believe that there's a minority which is overreacting; that measures against it harms the economy, and therefore shouldn't be taken; that it isn't that much of a deal, until it directly affects them; etc.

#21 2020-03-12 19:17:42

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

My uni JUST closed down.
Welp, guess i gotta sit at home and eat rationed food for the next weeks.

#22 2020-03-12 19:34:26

ASDruska

norboy i dare you to steal the cafeteria food supply
you wont get sick probably

cringe ^
based v

#23 2020-03-12 20:12:31

Andymakeer

my company just stated that i cannot participate in meetings that have more than 10 attendants...

i kinky motive for me to miss bible classes

F

#24 2020-03-12 20:30:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

Zumza wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Citation needed

They believe that there's a minority which is overreacting; that measures against it harms the economy, and therefore shouldn't be taken; that it isn't that much of a deal, until it directly affects them; etc.

Citation needed.

Citation

Do you know what that means

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (3)

#25 2020-03-12 20:30:25

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

our government made a decision to shut down all schools/kindergartens/colleges starting today until april 3rd, and the universities of most cities followed that decision too
my uni might hold online classes but even the professors themselves dont know yet
university dorms might be getting shut down as well, they're already closed for visitors that don't live there and for new people that want to move in
a lot of students are coming home today/tomorrow
i have a train ticket for tomorrow as well and i suspect that the train will be crowded lol

also meetings that involve a lot of people are banned too

in other news my roommate just went outside drinking with his buddies like literally right now lol

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

talleychan1624433834790605

Board footer