Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#476 2020-01-27 04:05:58

Processor

Re: Mafia 40 - Russian Roulette Mafia Victory!

Generally, analyzing links between players are far more valuable than analyzing their behavior.
So ele would be considered neutral by me if Task flips town.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#477 2020-01-27 04:08:35

Processor

ShadowsEdge wrote:

The point isn't that it came from you. My whole point is that you support a single lynch, while Taskmanager is fine with a Double Lynch. Neither proves either as scum, but Taskmanager is fine with being lynched, while you have openly stated that you want a single lynch, and have made it abundantly clear you want that lynch to be Taskmanager rather than yourself. To add onto this, you say that it's bad for town to have a double lynch, despite believing Taskmanager is scum. Ergo, what's the harm in performing the double lynch if it ultimately provides no effect to the game?

It's better to lynch me, or task, then wait 5 days and lynch the other person. Discussion time is, next to the death flips, the most valuable resource town has this game. It's literally the only method we have for scum hunting, so don't deny it to us
It's not a null effect to have less time to discuss

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#478 2020-01-27 04:09:46

Different55
Forum Admin

"Effective communication is achieved through a steady supply of words and sound"

By: Fiona Goldsmith • Author of High Chairs and the New Rules

also where's this 5 days figure come from?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#479 2020-01-27 04:11:32

Processor

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Why are you fence-sitting? Why are you reluctant to restate your defense?

Ask me something generic or exagerated and I'll ask you to be more specific.
I was not trying to fence sit, I was asking you to be more specific.
Instead of doing so and engaging with me in a discussion, you are accusing me of fence sitting.
I cannot understand your concerns about a broad subject with a single question and I cannot properly answer it without you giving me more input.
So give me more input and I'll reply with content.

#480 2020-01-27 04:12:13

Processor

Different55 wrote:

also where's this 5 days figure come from?

From the last mafia game I think, where days were 5 days long.

Correction: 72 hours

#481 2020-01-27 04:15:05

Processor

Today in mafia:

TFW all mafia players start demanding answers to questions that take a minute to ask but take half an hour for me to answer and are shocked when I cannot keep up.

#482 2020-01-27 04:17:20

Processor

ShadowsEdge: I refuse to spend half an hour to answer the generic and broad question that you took 1 minute to type and you did not even include any references

If that's scummy to you, feel free to vote on me

#483 2020-01-27 04:18:35

ShadowsEdge

Processor wrote:

Let me give you a personalized defence, I need some clarification first tho.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I would also like to note, I don't suspect you because you refused to answer a question, I suspect you because of your fence sitting, obligation to deter the lynch away from yourself, and onto multiple players, as well as what I originally mentioned in the previous post.

1: "fence sitting" [citation needed]
2: obligation to deter the lynch away from yourself, and onto multiple players [citation needed]
3: "as well as what I originally mentioned in the previous post" [what specifically?]

Hard to quote a lot of this. But, you questioned Jawapa for a few posts, then never made a full conclusion about him, only said "Not 100% sure of they're scum," then moved back onto Taskmanager.

But I mainly derived it from this:

Processor wrote:

a double lynch makes us lose a day of time to scumhunt

To explain, you previously stated of having a scum tell on Taskmanager. Yet this post clearly shows that you have doubts about his alliance. Naturally, but I still don't agree with it, seeing as you want to lynch Taskmanager over yourself.

(There's not a lot on this point, but still something I did want to bring up).

Processor wrote:
Lynching me because of inactivity is pretty lame.

Additionally, a Yonom lynch does not yield much additional info unlike how a Task lynch would.

Why is ele suspicious?

Let me explain, since you guys are so oblivious.

As I've said, my scumread on ele heavily depends on Task's flip.
In other words, it's due to how she has interacted with TaskManager on D1.

Still unclear? Let me show you.

Isolate ele.

Here's a summary:

Yesterday:
- ele says Task is scummy
- ele says she is 100% ok with lynching task but hints that she is reluctant to actually place her vote
- ele votes for Norboy the moment the wagon starts, she never explains why she thinks Norboy is scummy, she does not show reluctance this time

Today:
- ele is put on my scum list
- ele says I am scum because of a "general vibe" she is getting
- ele puts task in the middle of her read list (neutrals) - commonly, new mafia players put their peers in the middle of their read list, they avoid extreme positions
- ele votes for me the moment a wagon (she still hasn't explained why she thinks I am scum)

In general:
- she has gotten much more active since I started suspecting her (motivation to not get lynched > motivation to find scum)
- ele has a rather safe play style
-- she only gives her opinion on the currently active subject
-- she does not go out of her way to find suspects
-- she gives vague explanations for suspecting people
-- lots of her posts early in the game have no content and are made to avoid getting prodded (1 2 3 4 5)

Processor wrote:
Why vote Task?

Task is suspicious because of his general lack of interest in solving the game (his initial vote on Norwegianboy, having a rather safe playstyle (defensive / neutral / meme posts)), and the way he has interacted with me.
I explained my reasons in my first post the posts that Task has made since have been similarly defensive and unhelpful to town.
The whole ele situation does not help his case either.
All in all, I think the lynching Task would provide us with much valuable information necessary to solve the game.
I wanted to lynch Task D1 and I want to lynch him D2 since no better candidate has been found.

Why Task over ele?

While I have a scum read on both ele and Task, I choose to vote for Task:
- I know Task's playstyle much better than ele's and am far more confident in Task being scum
- my case on Ele is mostly based on the assumption that Task is scum. That means:
-- ele flipping town does not negate my suspicions on Task, but
-- Task flipping town does make me drop my case on ele

A few more things I want to highlight:
TaskManager wrote:

I'm not confident in a Proc lynch but if he doesn't respond to everything that was asked before then I see no other choice but to vote him

> Task asks me a question 4am my time
> 12 hours later, he says he will have to lynch me if I do not respond to that question

You're citing my inactivity as your reason to lynch me, yet, I have contributed more than quite a few people in this game.
The only difference is that I am scum reading you and they are not.

eleizibeth wrote:

ill probably vote for proc within the next hour unless he actually answers the questions

> ele says she will vote for me if I do not answer the above questions
> ele votes for me, citing that I have not answered the said questions

The thing is, I was not online to answer your questions.
Ele has effectively voted for me but has avoided taking responsibility for it.
She has not given a rational explanation as to why I should be lynched.

- None of you two have answered the questions I have asked yet you expect the opposite
- The whole claim that processor is avoiding questions is pretty baseless because I had answered the questions you've asked me since my last post (and I cannot do any better than that)

Processor wrote:
Why jawapa is suspicious

All jawapa has been doing this game is calling out mafia pairs lol.

mrjawapa wrote:

Peace/crybaby mafia team?

mrjawapa wrote:

task/crybaby/peace scum team?

mrjawapa wrote:

Onjit/task/crybaby/peace scum team?

mrjawapa wrote:

I'm betting norboy and task are a scum team.

mrjawapa wrote:

I'm gonna scum lean norboy and guess his partner is diff

mrjawapa wrote:

Mutant/processor scum team confirmed?

mrjawapa wrote:

I first thought task/norboy could be a mafia team.

mrjawapa wrote:

Peace, are you and processor a mafia team?

mrjawapa wrote:

2B are you and processor mafia partners

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Processor is not fine with a double lynch. Both are candidates of the lynch.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Processor called him out for it (Which to me just seems like a way to make people stack votes on Taskmanager). The post above by Processor contradicts with a previous post of him, where he dedicated an entire post to why he found Taskmanager suspicious.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#484 2020-01-27 04:26:02

ShadowsEdge

Processor wrote:

ShadowsEdge: I refuse to spend half an hour to answer the generic and broad question that you took 1 minute to type and you did not even include any references

If that's scummy to you, feel free to vote on me

Now you see why we don't want you to just say "Look back at my old defenses!"

And to add onto that, I looked through your iso, I didn't see much pertaining to a defense from you. The largest defense I saw was where you called out Ele, which basically summed up to: "Wow, your accusations are stupid."

~BeepnBoop

#485 2020-01-27 04:27:08

Processor

1. That is a misunderstanding. I am 100% commited on my TaskManager read.

A double lynch is worse than lynching either one of us, because it denys town discussion time.

To be explicit:
I still would rather have you only lynch me than double lynch me and task if given the choice.
You can always democratically lynch Task tomorrow if you still feel like it

2. OH MY GOD YOURE BEING REALLY UNFAIR HERE
I WAS LITERALLY ASKED TO EXPLAIN MY SUS READ ON TASK, ELE AND JAWAPA AND I DID.
NOW YOU ARE SAYING IM DETERRING THE LYNCH AWAY FROM MYSELF?

Ahem.
This point is invalid because those posts were all in response to muliple people asking me to explain my reads.
I did not want to deter attention away from myself, you could say I was "forced" to make those posts explaining my reads on those people in details (although I am proud of them and glad I did it)
I called Task, ele and jawapa suspicious BEFORE anyone putting pressure on me. I have been following a task lynch since D1 and ele and jawapa sus reads since early D2. Long before anyone started a lynch proc wagon. I have created a lot of enemies with those scum reads and have effectively caused all those people to vote on me.

3. See point 1. A double lynch is 100% worse than lynching either one of us, because it denys town discussion time.

----

See? It's easy for me to defend myself when I know what you're talking about.

Wooted by: (2)

#486 2020-01-27 04:31:54

Different55
Forum Admin

Processor wrote:

A double lynch is worse than lynching either one of us, because it denys town discussion time.

Oh I get this now. Still was stuck in the mindset of old night-y mafia games, finally clicked for me.

- ShinsukeIto

#487 2020-01-27 04:43:06

ShadowsEdge

Processor wrote:

1. That is a misunderstanding. I am 100% commited on my TaskManager read.

To be explicit:
I still would rather have you only lynch me than double lynch me and task if given the choice.
You can always democratically lynch Task tomorrow if you still feel like it

2. OH MY GOD YOURE BEING REALLY UNFAIR HERE
I WAS LITERALLY ASKED TO EXPLAIN MY SUS READ ON TASK, ELE AND JAWAPA AND I DID.
NOW YOU ARE SAYING IM DETERRING THE LYNCH AWAY FROM MYSELF?

Ahem.
This point is invalid because those posts were all in response to muliple people asking me to explain my reads.
I did not want to deter attention away from myself, you could say I was "forced" to make those posts explaining my reads on those people in details (although I am proud of them and glad I did it)
I called Task, ele and jawapa suspicious BEFORE anyone putting pressure on me. I have been following a task lynch since D1 and ele and jawapa sus reads since early D2. Long before anyone started a lynch proc wagon. I have created a lot of enemies with those scum reads and have effectively caused all those people to vote on me.

3. See point 1. A double lynch is 100% worse than lynching either one of us, because it denys town discussion time.

----

See? It's easy for me to defend myself when I know what you're talking about.

1. My gripe is that you called it "denying town discussion time." So I'll go over a few scenarios. We have 12 players, and 4 mafia. 8 town, 4 Mafia: this leaves us with 4 chances.. With a double lynch, we have 3 options, both town, both scum, or one town-one scum. You let's go over the both town scenario. In this scenario we would lost a day of discussion time, an overall loss of two days, since it would be 6 town to 4 mafia, leaving us with 2 chances. With the one town, one scum option, which is what I assume you present, it's a net flux of zero, since with the loss of one town and one scum, it reduces the players to 12, making 7 town, 3 mafia, this leaves us with 4 chances. And in this scenario, it actually favors the town rather than the scum, given that the town is greater than double the amount of scum, as opposed to as it is now, where it's double. And for the double scum scenario, which I actually find unlikely, makes it 8 town, 2 Mafia, giving us 6 chances at finding the scum.

The likely lynch for today is you, and since you claim to be town, no matter the scenario, we're going to lose one day of discussion time. My issue is that you explain that double lynching (Adding Taskmanager onto the lynch), would cause the town to lose ANOTHER day. And this would feed off the double town scenario, which before you've always supported it being one town, one scum, since you have explained that you find Taskmanager scummy more than towny. The only alternative for this is if you considered Taskmanager the optimal lynch for today, and considered yourself the additional lynch, which has it's own issues on that regard.

2. Sorry, that's my bad.

3. See 1.

~BeepnBoop

#488 2020-01-27 04:48:52

ShadowsEdge

Frick I made grammatical errors in there that I just realized:

ShadowsEdge wrote:

You let's go over the both town scenario.

*Let's go over the both town scenario.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

In this scenario we would lost a day of discussion time

*lose

Also I would like to point out, I am well aware that in the one town-one scum scenario, its still always 4 more town than scum, but the ratio is different which is what I was getting at.

~BeepnBoop

#489 2020-01-27 04:52:18

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

My issue is that you explain that double lynching (Adding Taskmanager onto the lynch), would cause the town to lose ANOTHER day.

Yeah it does. Since there's no pressure from the mafia (no night, no nightkills), the only thing between us and unlimited time to discuss things is that we MUST lynch someone once per game-day. If we KNOW we want to lynch 2 players, we're better off lynching them separately and using them to buy us another game-day of discussion on who to go after next.

- ShinsukeIto

#490 2020-01-27 04:54:55

Different55
Forum Admin

You might already understand that, you totally lost me breaking down each outcome for a double Lynch

- ShinsukeIto

#491 2020-01-27 04:58:08

Processor

This game has no night phase.

If you lynch Processor/TaskManager tonight.
We're gonna be 11 players tomorrow.
Then you can lynch TaskManager/Processor tomorrow.
Then you're gonna be 10 players in 2 days.

OR

You double lynch Processor and Task today.
You're gonna be 10 players tomorrow.
You are in the same place, but you have 1 fewer day of discussion, and one fewer chance of reacting to the flip results.

If we lynch task and task flips scum, I am 50% less likely to be scum than the average player (I am not part of his mafia team at least).
Similarly, from your point of view:
If you lynch me and I flip scum, Task is 50% less likely to be scum than the average player (he is not part of my mafia team at least).

I still recommend you go for TaskManager because we actually have reasons to suspect him. Ele's interaction with him does not help his case either.

Mutant's affiliation with me is one-sided, and it can still be a town mutant -> town/scum proc relationship
-> if I were to flip scum, you could not conclude that he is scum as well.
I have a very strong town read on mutant myself. No scum would bother defending a townie like that, especially since they could end up being from the other scum team.

---

ShadowsEdge:
I just defended 100% of the reason you think I'm scum. Are you still going to vote for me? Why?
It's now your turn to defend your scum read on me.

Wooted by: (4)

#492 2020-01-27 05:11:39

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Is this going to be the game that kills mafia for a while?

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#493 2020-01-27 05:12:34

ShadowsEdge

Firstly, I never intended to vote for you, the votes for you are already the highest, and two higher than Taskmanager, I was weighing the options of tying the votes.

I realize that we lose that day of discussion time by doing so. But at the same time, if we plan it out to be "Lynch Processor today, lynch Taskmanager tomorrow" or whatever order you planned it out, then we're still wasting that day since our entire focus will be cemented onto that one player. Sure, we can make a reaction, but will the suspicion against Taskmanager ever go away? Will the suspicion against you ever go away? To both, I think that's a hard no. There's no way to cement either of you as town. We can speculate all we want, but it likely wont change anything.

On the point of if you're town, I was actually going to assume that Mutant was scum. Counterintuitive, but Mutant knows well enough not to draw attention to his own teammates, let alone hard defend his teammate. Ergo, if you were town, it would give me reason to suspect that he was actually scum.

I'm not going to vote for you, and I'm not going to vote for Taskmanager. Not yet at least. I still want you to flip, it'll validate your claims, or invalidate them if need be. And since you don't want me to tie the votes, I'll follow your logic and not do such. I alone can't change the vote over to Taskmanager, so for the time being I'll let it just sort itself out. Since you're adamant on there being a singular lynch.

~BeepnBoop

#494 2020-01-27 05:27:05

Processor

I don't lose the game by being lynched, so I am not that offended if we lynch me.

At the current state of the game, lynching task and only task is the best strategic decision town can make. You don't want to end up in a LyLo because you lynched processor too early. Maybe by the time you lynch me even more players have had positive and negative stances toward me so that  my lynch is more informational.

Finding scum is an asymmetric problem. It takes 1 mistake by scum to be found. Scum have to be careful 24/7 and watch what they say. So the more time we give to the players to talk, the more content we will have to analyze, the more likely it is that patterns emerge and the better our chances of finding scum.

Wooted by:

rat

#495 2020-01-27 05:36:36

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

mrjawapa wrote:

But I just got here ):

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#496 2020-01-27 05:41:31

Processor

BuzzerBee wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

But I just got here ):

No that would be Mafia Corona Edition

#497 2020-01-27 06:44:16

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I disagree with the double lynching.
You might say that getting rid of two suspicious players in one day is good, but that’s a no for me.

1. If we lynch both Processor and TaskManager today, the result is either satisfying or disappointing. A scenario that both are mafia can happen, as well as 1 town 1 scum or even both town. I don’t think that both Processor are TaskManager are both mafia, so we need to be careful of our decisions. We certainly don’t want the worst scenario to happen. That’s why we should play safe and lynch one of them first, instead of both.

2. Double lynching would waste this day and possibly the next day too. If we lynch both Processor and TaskManager today, then what’s the point of this whole discussion in Day 2? This Processor vs Task thing ultimately ends in both dying after this whole discussion? Not worth it. If we know that both got lynched, then we could’ve used this day to discuss other things. If nothing surprising happened, lynching them separately can let us to have a target for lynching in Day 3, so we don’t have to worry about who to lynch, and while we have our target for Day 3, we can discuss who to lynch on Day 4 too.

3. Lynching either one of Processor or TaskManager can let us to know information about the other person, so we can make a final decision whether to lynch or not based on the lynched person’s alignment. Lynching both of them for me is like wasting a chance to have more information about the other person.

A Task lynch would be hard to do, since all players who still didn’t vote needs to vote on Task in order to get him lynched. But I’m convinced by Proc that he’s most likely town, since he defended himself when Shadow attacked him, this just disproves the statement that Processor is avoiding questions. And Task is also fine with himself lynched, so I’m gonna place my vote on Task.

!vote TaskManager

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

rat

#498 2020-01-27 07:54:48

Onjit
Website

!vote Processor

I don't really buy that Task is mafia. And I believe that Proc is good enough at spinning a story as mafia to not trust his defense tbh

the next people I'd be looking at for a lynch would be

task (would resolve things and give info  - also deduce who is defending him without merit)
2b (don't like his attitude - seems to be uninterested in solving the game)
ele (seems overly uninterested in solving + hasty vote on proc)
buzz (hasty vote on proc is odd)
onjit (dude's super inactive like wtf (i've been busy sorry))

:.|:;

#499 2020-01-27 08:02:46

Minimania
Moderation Team

Next person to vote please vote for Processor

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#500 2020-01-27 08:26:31

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Onjit wrote:

2b (don't like his attitude - seems to be uninterested in solving the game)

I am interested, it's just that Im not good at reading people so I usually stay pretty silent and sheep

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

ShadowsEdge1581286360774156

Board footer