Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#301 2020-01-25 19:05:24

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Re: Mafia 40 - Russian Roulette Mafia Victory!

Diff why did you keep bringing up the Norboy being inno child in D1
In that game we know that Norboy is town so he can do whatever he wanted
But this game, we dont know his alignment, it's not the same. It's weird that you just used it to protect Norboy.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#302 2020-01-25 19:10:42

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

So I'm gonna keep this post short and sweet, I got somewhere to go in like an hour and I haven't even started getting ready.

Diff puts me off in a weird way. I know it's been mentioned before, but Diff kept saying "He was acting like he did when he was an innocent child." And even at that, in that game we told Norwegian that if he wasn't the Innocent Child we would have suspected him. His only saving grace was the fact that he was literally confirmed as town.

The fact that Diff compared it to the Innocent Child, specifically, is also a bit odd. Might be looking too much into it, but Norwegian **** on the regular, and Diff specifically chose the game where he was confirmed as town to compare his style to. Adding onto that, Norwegian's main powder keg to the Innocent Child playstyle was that he didn't care if he was observed as scum, because he was confirmed as Town, and ergo acted very scummy on his own account. This game it didn't feel like he was trying to act scummy, just happened to come out that way.

Now I'm going to look into late voters of the Norwegian lynch. Might be blind faith but I'm still putting my trust into Task.

2B is just sheeping opinions. And I don't know exactly what to make of it. In EE Forums Mafia it seems that's consistently what happens with his playstyle. But I know from playing with him in Discord Mafia that he has the ability to scumhunt and form his own reads instead of simply sheep other people's opinions. The fact that soon after Different voted Taskmanager, making 2B's vote essentially void is offputting as well. (They voted within ~20 minutes of each other). Could just be a coincidence.

I'm going to pair Eleizibeth and Mutantdevle because I have a bone to pick with both of them. #230 and #231 are where Eleizibeth and Mutantdevle both independently voted for Norwegian. Their posts were literally within 30 seconds of each other. Ergo, their votes were likely independent of each other. At the time the votes were 3 Norwegian and 4 TaskManager. It's unlikely either of the two could have known the other was voting, unless the votes were not independent of each other. For that reason, both of them were fine with tying the votes, which would ultimately lead in the death of two players, one confirmed Town, and one townlean for me.

Mutantdevle did have suspicions of Norwegian throughout D1, albeit it is weird that in the end Mutantdevle decided to cast his vote onto Norwegian rather than Taskmanager when at one point he did explicitly state his intention was to vote for Taskmanager. Maybe just something I'm missing here. Eleizibeth does not share that same sentiment. Eleizibeth spent the entirety of D1 focusing mostly on Taskmanager, and on their 10th post, quickly switched gears to vote for Norwegian. Having shown no intention of voting for Norwegian before that post previously, it strikes me in an odd way. I also dislike the fact that most of Eleizibeth's posts are sheeping rather than their own personal opinion is also a red flag. But iirc I think that's mostly what Eleizibeths opinions are in previous games.

Although, I would like to elaborate that I think that Mutantdevle is more likely than not town. Unless he's pulling a double bluff by intentionally making himself scummy, then we're all screwed.

Alrighty, won't post for a while, since as I said before, got somewhere to go soon.

Fair points with Norboy. I just don't think he'd ever act like that as scum. Honestly I don't even think the way he was playing was scummy. Reckless, yeah I that's like the defining characteristic of whatever this is. Idk I just don't see scum there though. And there was no scum there to see, I was 100% right so legitimately why are we questioning why I thought something that was correct?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#303 2020-01-25 19:17:46

Different55
Forum Admin

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Diff why did you keep bringing up the Norboy being inno child in D1
In that game we know that Norboy is town so he can do whatever he wanted
But this game, we dont know his alignment, it's not the same. It's weird that you just used it to protect Norboy.

Because that was my sole basis for believing he was town. Kinda frustrating that he's dead, confirmed town, and you all are still debating whether or not it was a good idea to lynch him when IMO we had a much juicier target available.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#304 2020-01-25 19:21:54

peace

Different55 wrote:

Kinda frustrating that he's dead, confirmed town, and you all are still debating whether or not it was a good idea to lynch him when IMO we had a much juicier target available.

can is 101% agree wiht this post the lynch happened you guys choosed it now lest move on and try to check who is scum sure we coudl sue who voted for norboy but debating if it was a good idea should be done BEFORE lynching

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by: (2)

#305 2020-01-25 20:02:24

Processor

Both mutant and peace have shown genuine interest in solving the game

peace also voted on Task, who is my scumread at the moment

Mutant was rather passive toward the game at the start, but looking back I guess it was because the game had just started and he was not emotionally invested in the game
At least that's my theory, what do the others think?

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#306 2020-01-25 20:23:55

peace

ill join any wagon i find intresting if there is one build up if i dont find the wagon intrestign i don tjoin it so i'll leave this to the rest of the town being the first to cast a vote is nto somethign im gonna do unless were approachign near the end of the day

peace.png

#307 2020-01-25 20:40:41

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Processor wrote:

Mutant was rather passive toward the game at the start

Processor wrote:

what do the others think?

This is a good question for task and nor- oh wait

Discord: jawp#5123

#308 2020-01-25 20:53:28

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm going to vote for Elei if she doesn't post something useful by the end of the day

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#309 2020-01-25 20:57:44

peace

elei isnt a bad vote but elei coudl be very well flipping town but if more people vote elei ill gladly follow the wagon

peace.png

#310 2020-01-25 21:37:20

Kira

0/12 votes have been placed.
You have 45 hours left.

#311 2020-01-25 21:50:06

ShadowsEdge

No I don't know the reason why you're sheeping opinions 2B. I haven't paid all that much attention to the server because personal stuff got in the way.

Anyway, I agree, Eleizibeth needs to be more active in conversation, so I'll start with this: Eleizibeth, what are your reads?

Different55 wrote:

Fair points with Norboy. I just don't think he'd ever act like that as scum. Honestly I don't even think the way he was playing was scummy. Reckless, yeah I that's like the defining characteristic of whatever this is. Idk I just don't see scum there though. And there was no scum there to see, I was 100% right so legitimately why are we questioning why I thought something that was correct?

I got a lot of stuff to say about this. 1, Norwegian is hard to catch as scum, because most of the time he acts super towny as scum, but recently he's acknowledged that and took a more aggressive turn as scum, which was typically his scum playstyle. You have to look deeper than just what's written on the screen to catch the scum, I was wrong about Norwegian, and I will admit that. But the way he was playing was ultimately scummy, he focused on Taskmanager, and switched completely over to Crybaby over a small bit of information. 2, we question something you're correct about because of the fact that scum can do the exact same. Most people were against Norwegian, but scum can easily hop in on the wagon and say "Hey guys, this guy is town don't vote for him!," and as soon as they flip, they get the town points for defending a town. We can't take it at face value that your defense on Norwegian was inherently and completely in the town's favor. And I would know, I used this exact tactic on TFR. 3, why are you adamant on preventing our investigations on your defense of Norwegian?

Different55 wrote:

Because that was my sole basis for believing he was town. Kinda frustrating that he's dead, confirmed town, and you all are still debating whether or not it was a good idea to lynch him when IMO we had a much juicier target available.

I actually think that Norwegian flipping made it all the more juicier. Taskmanager was the optimum lynch for Day 1, everyone assumed that Taskmanager would be lynched. And since I put my trust in that Task is Town, scum could have easily sat back and watched the events unfold before them. Providing the counterwagon threw a hitch in the plans, albeit it still worked out in the end. It threw another concept into play, scum could have either sat back and watched as one of the two were lynched, or could have pushed for both to be lynched. Hence why I find Eleizibeth's actions scummy. It also forced more people to vote, and forced more people to take a stance on either Norwegian or on Taskmanager. Sure, we could have lynched solely Taskmanager, but putting Norwegian into the mix, while still losing a town in the end, I think it made things more interesting, in terms of both gameplay and investigation.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#312 2020-01-25 22:07:49

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Most people were against Norwegian, but scum can easily hop in on the wagon and say "Hey guys, this guy is town don't vote for him!," and as soon as they flip, they get the town points for defending a town. We can't take it at face value that your defense on Norwegian was inherently and completely in the town's favor.

The majority weren't against Norwegian. Only the largest minority was for it. And that tactic doesn't really work in this game. There's two independent pair of scum. I mean on second thought it kinda still does but. I'm not looking for town points out of this anyway, just trying to figure out why we lynched a townie yesterday.

Maf going for a dual town lynch would be interesting, but wouldn't it be in the scum's best interest to be trying to hunt down the other team at the moment?

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#313 2020-01-25 22:11:31

Processor

Just a quick reminder: (and nitpick to Shadow's analysis)

We have two groups of scum, each of two players.
Coordination between scum is therefore very hard, as each has only one partner.
In this game, it's unlikely we see any group strategy from scum and can expect each scum to think for themselves.

Keep that in mind when you're analyzing group behavior.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#314 2020-01-25 22:12:11

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Different55 wrote:

, just trying to figure out why we lynched a townie yesterday

Because said townie was being a scum lord

#315 2020-01-25 22:13:03

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Different55 wrote:

wouldn't it be in the scum's best interest to be trying to hunt down the other team at the moment?

The mafia teams benefit from each other. They don't have to kill the other mafia team to win.

#316 2020-01-25 22:13:12

Processor

Diff you ninja'ed me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Different55 wrote:

Maf going for a dual town lynch would be interesting, but wouldn't it be in the scum's best interest to be trying to hunt down the other team at the moment?

I think mafia couldn't care less who the other mafia group is... no?

Wooted by:

#317 2020-01-25 22:13:36

Processor

Wow ninja'ed again

Wooted by:

#318 2020-01-25 22:15:43

Minimania
Moderation Team

Maybe Norboy wouldn't get lynched or **** off so much if he didn't play so scummily       inb4 Mutant calls me out for what I said about Elei

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#319 2020-01-25 22:42:58

peace

we have 45 horus left and none voted woudltn it be **** if noone votes and everyone egts modkilled?

peace.png

#320 2020-01-25 22:43:27

peace

it owudl benefit both becuase both would iwn right? er let me hea dover to the wincoditions of both if the roels are in the OP

peace.png

#321 2020-01-25 22:44:36

peace

E: nvm it woudl end in a TIE aka nonne wins becuase for th winconditions oyu need to have 1 player of your aligement/team alive but it woudl still be wild wouldnt it be?

peace.png

#322 2020-01-25 22:55:01

peace

kira are we allowed to pord poeple if yes teh i would like to:

!prod eleizibeth

cmon eleizibeh stop **** lrukign aorudn and sovl ethe damn **** game ffs

peace.png

#323 2020-01-25 23:12:00

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Peace, you need to chill

#324 2020-01-25 23:12:04

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

peace wrote:

kira are we allowed to pord poeple if yes teh i would like to:

!prod eleizibeth

cmon eleizibeh stop **** lrukign aorudn and sovl ethe damn **** game ffs

i'm sorting out my reads right now dude **** chill

#325 2020-01-25 23:15:37

Different55
Forum Admin

So the mafia groups don't have to kill each other? What's the point of having two pairs of mafia then if they're not like. Rivals or something.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:
ShadowsEdge1581286360774156

Board footer