Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#276 2020-01-25 04:25:40

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: Mafia 40 - Russian Roulette Mafia Victory!

Different55 wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

He absolutely was acting scummy. Stop citing the game where he was the innocent child. He could have done literally anything, and played any way he wanted. He had nothing to prove or hide.

He acted the same way that game, you can't just stop that connection from existing by frowning at it. And you can't just take however he acted no matter what it is and say "scum!" Because. You know. You were wrong. He was town. And he was acting as he had as town in the past. He wasn't acting scummy, and you insisting he was is bizarre. I've never seen him act like this as scum. Although that said I don't think I've ever played a game with him as scum so. Grain of salt.

Anyway, point is, he wasn't acting scummy, I'm playing close attention to the game, and I'm not scum.

Wow look at that, you're wrong AGAIN >>:::::(((((((((

Serious note though, I just went back to look at mutant's iso because if this

Mutant was pressuring Task a lot, and then out of no where flipped to norboy.

is true, then I'd personally find that pretty significant. Instead what I find is mutantdevle taking norboy on an emotional rollercoaster the entire D1. But then I remembered that peace pointed out this bizarre post

mutantdevle wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

TaskManager tell me why I should vote norwegianboy and not you.

You took too long to reply and I got bored.

!vote Norwegianboy

This post is bizarre in and out of context, but the context is that mutant had been harassing norboy the whole day before this, not task like you seem to think. He wasn't going after task then taking a sharp right turn to norboy, he had been going after norboy the entire day and then did a weird fake out with task before taking norboy out.

I'll accept that he  always plays like he's the mafioso. That doesn't make his actions in this game townish. If he acts like scum, he's gonna be presumed as scum.

Different55 wrote:

Wow look at that, you're wrong AGAIN >>:::::(((((((((

Wow //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Different55 wrote:

This post is bizarre in and out of context, but the context is that mutant had been harassing norboy the whole day before this, not task like you seem to think. He wasn't going after task then taking a sharp right turn to norboy, he had been going after norboy the entire day and then did a weird fake out with task before taking norboy out.

You're right. I went back and checked all of his posts, and it turns out I'm an idiot.

Okay, scratch most of what I said. Mutant is still acting odd, and some of his posts are still scummy.

I guess I'll go through posts and try to find another conspiracy theory.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#277 2020-01-25 11:20:33

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

I'm also waiting for Processor to reply about his flipped reads. Very odd to do that without any elaboration

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by:

#278 2020-01-25 11:51:55

peace

gonna try too put some reads wihtout havign to read bck the full thread

scumlean :
mutant/task tsk doesnt seem to be very game solving and his vote on onrboy when he didnt made a post yet aligmen to fnorboy doenst really make any sense wiht that vote task casted mutant got very sus of what i worte earlier:

peace wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

I do take issues with jawapa for separate reasons though.

Would you like to explain?

When it's more relevant, yes.

mutantdevle wrote:

9 mins later

mutantdevle wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

You took too long to reply and I got bored.

!vote Norwegianboy

am i th eonly oen seeing some red flags commign from these posts from mutant porbably being scum?

peace wrote:

in the first quote he avoids a simple question form jawapa he ocoudl easily answer

the other 2 quotes are mutant askign task to vote norboy or not and ntot giving task a freacking chance to asnwer

susp: jawapa/diff/proc jawap vote on my is a litle susp nt fully becuas ehy its me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad but his tone and words doesnt seem 100% game solving aswell diff sticks to norboy is IC generaly doesnt have that mcuh good post but alos has a fe townish posts so not scumlean proc has townish poost but alos has a majority oof posts that i didint like fully
null/cant read 2B/ele
townlean onijt/crybaby made some good points tbh
town shadow made some good points and seems gamesolving
me: peace peace is a nice guy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#279 2020-01-25 11:52:33

peace

oops **** forgot to put buzzerbee in null/cantread

peace.png

#280 2020-01-25 14:16:13

peace

side note: i do not intentionaly think task/mutant are partners just that those 2 are the most scum for me not voting any of the 2 yet this early votes are valuable in this game and i dont want to waste it on oe of these 2if smoene else make shmiself look scummy as heck out o fnowhere

peace.png

#281 2020-01-25 15:25:34

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

@jawapa, I skim read some stuff in the thread so I know that diff has already addressed your reasons for scum reading me on my behalf so I'm not going to bring that up unless on my reread I have something to add, but I'd just like to ask what made you change your read on me here, where you called me town, to here, where you seemingly began suspecting me again?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#282 2020-01-25 15:31:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Onjit wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
eleizibeth wrote:

everyone who needed to vote just now voted.

Huh, for some reason I thought processor hadn't voted.

you'd easily miss his vote tbh, i almost did when i was writing my summary/analysis post

kinda sneaky

I agree with processor in that I do not find his vote sneaky. My mistake was that I thought this post said processor instead of Onjit and subsequently didn't register when you voted for Crybaby. When I voted for Norwegianboy (causing the votes to be a tie) I was of the mind that there were 2 votes left to place.

What were your reasons for claiming processor's vote was a sneaky one?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#283 2020-01-25 15:34:49

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

What made you think peace was suspicious here: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 49#p772849
But town here: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 11#p773011

What made you think I was just being idiotic here: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 37#p772737
But scum here: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 11#p773011
When I haven't done anything. I was told nothing I said mattered since I already cast a vote. So I haven't bothered posting much.

This post by jawapa has made me realise that proc's reads on both I and peace have both flipped without explanation. There has been a lot of content from each of us since Proc's original read but it would be nice if he explained his reads more.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#284 2020-01-25 15:36:17

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

There's nothing that he's said or done to make me think he's scum. But also nothing to make me think they're town.

When it comes to peace, in my opinion, this makes him town.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#285 2020-01-25 15:43:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:

he wasn't acting scummy

He kinda was though. If you genuinely don't think norwegianboy was acting scummy then how does that affect your opinion of those of us who voted for him? I can't remember if you've explicitly said as such, but I get the impression that you town read me. I don't understand how you could think both that norwegianboy wasn't scummy and that I am town because what would my motive be for voting him if he wasn't showing scummy behaviour?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#286 2020-01-25 15:48:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace, do you have anything to say about the explanation I gave to your issues with me?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#287 2020-01-25 15:56:43

Different55
Forum Admin

I think his behavior was probably confusing to people who weren't playing the game where he was an inno child. I wouldn't expect anyone that did to have voted for him after I pointed that out, so if I find anyone that did I'll be keeping a closer eye on them.

I don't have much of an opinion on you. I'm cautious with you but I have other things drawing my attention more than you. If you forced me to guess your role I'd currently slap a townie label on you though, yeah.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#288 2020-01-25 16:29:46

Processor

BuzzerBee wrote:

I'm also waiting for Processor to reply about his flipped reads. Very odd to do that without any elaboration

I do this all the time tbh.
(check my past games)

It's because I sometimes lack the time to explain everything.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#289 2020-01-25 16:33:29

Processor

That being said, what do you guys think of lynching TaskManager today?

I thought we were gonna lynch him yesterday but we didn't...
Do we have any reason to stop suspecting them now?

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#290 2020-01-25 16:34:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay, here is my case for/against TaskManager:

Against
For

Conclusion:
- Task's vote at the start of day 1 mostly showed a lack of care for game solving.
- Task claims that he had also intended to get the game moving which was a valuable townie thing to do.
^ This motivation was not what he emphasised the most when he was later scrutinised for the vote.
- He seemed surprised that he should have been making conclusions.
- His few conclusions later on were not very related to the vote.
- He has shown a general lack of care for solving the game.
^ He did seemingly care more about game solving towards the end of the day.
- He's still not made any substantial conclusions.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#291 2020-01-25 16:35:32

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Processor wrote:

It's because I sometimes lack the time to explain everything.

Well now we're asking you to explain them.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#292 2020-01-25 16:42:44

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

i want to see who'd follow through with either side of the wagon and what would be their reason for doing so

And what conclusions have you made thus far?

we're not even 24 hours into the day, could you not

I think it's this post that makes me scum read Task the most. I just don't understand why he is so surprised/annoyed that I'd expect him to make conclusions regardless of how much time had passed. As town we should constantly be trying to form opinions and this post from him is indicative that he just isn't approaching the game with a townie mindset.

I think one thing we have to keep in mind though is that scum possesses the ability to scum hunt in this game. They genuinely don't know who is scum and who is town because of the second team. So that makes me wonder how far I should be reading into Task's lack of willingness to form reads. However, I overall do consider Task to be scum right now.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#293 2020-01-25 16:56:58

peace

mutantdevle wrote:

peace, do you have anything to say about the explanation I gave to your issues with me?

mutantdevle wrote:
peace wrote:

in the first quote he avoids a simple question form jawapa he ocoudl easily answer

the other 2 quotes are mutant askign task to vote norboy or not and ntot giving task a freacking chance to asnwer

I could answer the question, but it's irrelevant at this point in time. I do not wish to start a conversation about jawapa as it would distract from more pressing issues. In the meantime, I only wish to document my thought process so that if/when we talk about jawapa later it is clear that my thoughts have not come from nowhere.

I don't understand why you find me voting norwegianboy before taskmanager could answer as scummy. Had I voted TaskManager, yes, I'd agree that's scummy. I'd have been giving him a chance to defend himself and then not following through with that. However, whilst I may have been presenting the question as "say something to make me trust you or I will lynch you", that's not what happened. What I wanted to do was vote for norwegianboy; however, I was hesitant because it would have tied the votes. As a result, I asked TaskManager the question in the hopes that he'd say something that would give me reason to commit to norboy as I felt that my vote had to be on TaskManager because of the potential tie situation. But, upon reflection of my reads, I concluded that the tie really didn't matter as much as I thought it did and that I should not just rely on other people to help me commit to my reads. So i made my decision.

asumign you mean this one answering questiosn is always good its not goign to distract poeple from norweg/task it just gives us informaton to use on D2 when either norweg/task were lynched

tbh for my vote today its either goign to be task or mutant (my 2 scumleans)

peace.png

#294 2020-01-25 17:16:18

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

asumign you mean this one answering questiosn is always good its not goign to distract poeple from norweg/task it just gives us informaton to use on D2 when either norweg/task were lynched

So are you satisfied to my response as to why I didn't wait for TaskManager to answer before voting norwegianboy?

As for my refusal to talk about jawapa, first of all, I think it's a bit harsh to scum read someone for that alone. But I'd also like to elaborate on my reasoning: When I say it would be distracting to talk about it now I specifically mean it will be distracting to me. If I say why I have issues with jawapa he will want to reply to them and I will want to talk to him about it. As a result, I'd be focussing on solving jawapa's alignment. I don't like to try and solve everyone's alignment at once (primarily because it makes your reads weaker unless you can devote a lot of time to it which I'm not able to do). Instead, I focus in on people, solve their alignment, and then move on to the next person whilst allowing reflecting on previous reads. I'm sure this is something that is very evident as, despite throwing out a few criticisms of various people here and there, I've not been focussing on them.

I'm not focussing on jawapa yet because a lot of the things that he's said depends on the alignments of norwegianboy and taskmanager. So basically, he's next on the list. Taskmanager doesn't need to flip before I start questioning jawapa, but I do need to be beyond reasonable doubt of task's alignment one way or another and I'm not at that stage yet. Once I have decided whether or not I am voting taskmanager today I will move on to talk about jawapa. Whilst I, and everyone else here, is more than capable of discussing multiple issues at once. I think it's more beneficial and more structured to take things 1 at a time.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#295 2020-01-25 17:23:34

ShadowsEdge

So I'm gonna keep this post short and sweet, I got somewhere to go in like an hour and I haven't even started getting ready.

Diff puts me off in a weird way. I know it's been mentioned before, but Diff kept saying "He was acting like he did when he was an innocent child." And even at that, in that game we told Norwegian that if he wasn't the Innocent Child we would have suspected him. His only saving grace was the fact that he was literally confirmed as town.

The fact that Diff compared it to the Innocent Child, specifically, is also a bit odd. Might be looking too much into it, but Norwegian **** on the regular, and Diff specifically chose the game where he was confirmed as town to compare his style to. Adding onto that, Norwegian's main powder keg to the Innocent Child playstyle was that he didn't care if he was observed as scum, because he was confirmed as Town, and ergo acted very scummy on his own account. This game it didn't feel like he was trying to act scummy, just happened to come out that way.

Now I'm going to look into late voters of the Norwegian lynch. Might be blind faith but I'm still putting my trust into Task.

2B is just sheeping opinions. And I don't know exactly what to make of it. In EE Forums Mafia it seems that's consistently what happens with his playstyle. But I know from playing with him in Discord Mafia that he has the ability to scumhunt and form his own reads instead of simply sheep other people's opinions. The fact that soon after Different voted Taskmanager, making 2B's vote essentially void is offputting as well. (They voted within ~20 minutes of each other). Could just be a coincidence.

I'm going to pair Eleizibeth and Mutantdevle because I have a bone to pick with both of them. #230 and #231 are where Eleizibeth and Mutantdevle both independently voted for Norwegian. Their posts were literally within 30 seconds of each other. Ergo, their votes were likely independent of each other. At the time the votes were 3 Norwegian and 4 TaskManager. It's unlikely either of the two could have known the other was voting, unless the votes were not independent of each other. For that reason, both of them were fine with tying the votes, which would ultimately lead in the death of two players, one confirmed Town, and one townlean for me.

Mutantdevle did have suspicions of Norwegian throughout D1, albeit it is weird that in the end Mutantdevle decided to cast his vote onto Norwegian rather than Taskmanager when at one point he did explicitly state his intention was to vote for Taskmanager. Maybe just something I'm missing here. Eleizibeth does not share that same sentiment. Eleizibeth spent the entirety of D1 focusing mostly on Taskmanager, and on their 10th post, quickly switched gears to vote for Norwegian. Having shown no intention of voting for Norwegian before that post previously, it strikes me in an odd way. I also dislike the fact that most of Eleizibeth's posts are sheeping rather than their own personal opinion is also a red flag. But iirc I think that's mostly what Eleizibeths opinions are in previous games.

Although, I would like to elaborate that I think that Mutantdevle is more likely than not town. Unless he's pulling a double bluff by intentionally making himself scummy, then we're all screwed.

Alrighty, won't post for a while, since as I said before, got somewhere to go soon.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by: (2)

#296 2020-01-25 17:53:32

peace

^ nice words shadow

mutantdevle wrote:

As for my refusal to talk about jawapa, first of all, I think it's a bit harsh to scum read someone for that alone. But I'd also like to elaborate on my reasoning: When I say it would be distracting to talk about it now I specifically mean it will be distracting to me. If I say why I have issues with jawapa he will want to reply to them and I will want to talk to him about it. As a result, I'd be focussing on solving jawapa's alignment. I don't like to try and solve everyone's alignment at once (primarily because it makes your reads weaker unless you can devote a lot of time to it which I'm not able to do). Instead, I focus in on people, solve their alignment, and then move on to the next person whilst allowing reflecting on previous reads. I'm sure this is something that is very evident as, despite throwing out a few criticisms of various people here and there, I've not been focussing on them.

but if you get asked to then why doiont you say it wihtolding iformation in an talk only game can be scumindicative witholding informaiton in a standard game may not be scum indiactive but rhwter PRindicative

peace.png

#297 2020-01-25 18:11:31

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mutantdevle wrote:

Gaining fun out of it is a selfish motivation that is more common among scum than it is town.

Scum could try to feign a town motivation, especially in this game with two scum teams where you can genuinely scumhunt as a scum player
but this spins into a WIFOM tbh

mutantdevle wrote:

Speed shouldn't be a concerning factor. The more time we have for discussion the more it benefits us. Task's approach here shows a lack of towny mindset when it comes to thinking about discussion time.

TaskManager wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Would vote tying be a viable way of resolving TvS cases?

No. Why lynch both when we could lynch 1 and then lynch another the next day? There are no night kills, there are no night actions. If a situation is TvS then we can lynch the scum first to have a better outcome than lynching both at once or we lynch the town first and have the same ultimate result as lynching both at once. There is no punishment for waiting.

oh
well i'd think if its a 50/50 case with both opponents tying then that would be faster, but yeah since there's no night kills nowhere to rush either

i forgot about the "precious discussion time" and how much it matters so yeah call me scum for that one

mutantdevle wrote:

Here he seems surprised that he should have been making conclusions. This is also concerning as the whole point of the game as town is to be making conclusions. Conclusions need not be definitive, but he should at least have been forming opinions.

yeah i am because the game recently started and id rather form opinions about people by looking through their isos later when theres enough posts

mutantdevle wrote:

A few people not giving their opinion is no excuse for not being able to form your own conclusions. It is clear that TaskManager recognises this when he later responds to my push to say what conclusions he has made so far. This post also indicates that what he posts later was not what he was thinking at this time. Aka, he only forms conclusions because I asked him to.

yep admittedly i only made them because you asked me to, lol

mutantdevle wrote:

These are trash conclusions.

cool

mutantdevle wrote:

First of all, a lot of them are just commentary and he doesn't take a stance.

i dont want to take a stance when theres barely anything so shut

mutantdevle wrote:

Secondly, what he says isn't too relevant to reactions to him voting for norboy and is a more general read of the game. Thus, it shows that he really doesn't care about game solving based on his vote and what he said about that is a bunch of ****.

the comment on norboy is written based on his reaction to my vote
the comment on peace is written based on his reaction to both mine and jawapa's votes
so stfu thanks

mutantdevle wrote:

In my opinion, criticising someone for saying they are town is just as inane and stupid as claiming you're town. This criticism extends to everyone that was like "eyy Crybaby, whatchu doin' that for?"

i have explained why im criticising that claim so sheesh
also how is this a point for me being scum if this applies to a multitude of people, including norboy whom flipped town?

mutantdevle wrote:

This is quite ironic coming from someone whose ****, I assume, is quite raw from the amount of fences he's been sitting on this game. It's also quite an odd criticise to make of 2B55 since he always does this and even acknowledged he was sheeping in the post that Task is criticising.

tu quoque?
point me to these fences
acknowledging that you're sheeping doesn't suddenly make your sheeping valid and town motivated, by doing it you're just setting forth an excuse in case the person whom you sheeped turns out wrong and thats scummy

also lol

TaskManager wrote:

you always grow mad over mafia games

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

You guys all suck.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#298 2020-01-25 18:15:02

peace

all suck? i ddint vote for norboy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

peace.png

#299 2020-01-25 18:27:39

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Processor wrote:

That being said, what do you guys think of lynching TaskManager today?

Stop avoiding the question.

@mutant I'll respond to your questions in a bit.

I want onjit and ele to chime in.

Discord: jawp#5123

#300 2020-01-25 19:02:16

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I dont like how Processor literally switched the topic from him explaining his suspicions to voting TaskManager.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

2B is just sheeping opinions. And I don't know exactly what to make of it. In EE Forums Mafia it seems that's consistently what happens with his playstyle. But I know from playing with him in Discord Mafia that he has the ability to scumhunt and form his own reads instead of simply sheep other people's opinions.

I thought that you know the reason for this???
Well okay then I'll try scumhunting but I'll end up on sheeping again anyway

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

ShadowsEdge1581286360774156

Board footer