Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-11-04 10:33:17

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 35 game thread [MAFIA WINS] (GAME OVER)

Okay, so I kinda expected myself and peace to be in the first pool. And for that reason, I think this pool is 100% town. That said, if anyone in the pool is mafia then it’s shadowsedge and, to be honest, it’s going to take quite a lot to convince me to lynch peace instead.

I know I’m town. Perhaps for me today will be about convincing y’all that’s true. After all, it’s perfectly reasonable to point to me as a player who would put myself in the pool. By from the perspective of believing me to be town, the reason mafia would put someone like me (a hard to lynch player) into the pool would be to narrow the lynch down to the other 2 players in the pool.

Scum peace is never placed into the pool - especially not this early. For that alone peace is a lock town read for me. He is the lynch bait. I have no doubt that when the mafia designed this pool their full intention was to have peace lynched. After all, why wouldn’t we lynch peace? I’ll tell you why we shouldn’t: the mafia want us to.

So then there’s shadowsedge. Another strong and valuable player that we’d ideally want to keep around - further evidence the mafia wants us to lynch peace.

With peace lynched the mafia would then be free seed doubt into shadow and I (assuming both town) later in the game to have us reconsidered for lynching. That’s not something they’d be able to do with peace considering how obviously townie he’d be. Alternatively, in the unlikely case that shadowsedge is mafia they could potentially use this pool to try and gain town credit.

So in short, from my perspective shadowsedge is the only person in the pool who has a chance of being mafia, albeit a chance I consider small. Currently, I think the only thing that would change my mind is if it becomes obvious that peace is actually scum and this is the mafia trying to get rid of him before he does too much damage to them.

!vote Shadowsedge

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#52 2019-11-04 10:38:09

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

since onjit allegedly opted out because hes not mafia anymore

I had forgotten about this and it already makes me reconsider my stance. With both shadowsedge and peace looking so obviously townie I’m starting to think that perhaps the intention of this pool was to have me lynched.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#53 2019-11-04 10:42:26

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

**** it

!vote peace

I have no reason to think that Onjit would try to trick us (he’s capable of tricks, but I think he’d want to stay in the game) so Shadowsedge is also a lock town read for me. This pool is blatantly all town so I guess that means we default to lynching the least useful.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#54 2019-11-04 15:56:10

ShadowsEdge

Alright sorry, I was busy this morning but I got some time to say my part.

I'm not going to jump straight into saying either Mutant or Peace is town or scum because of the choices the Mafia made on who to nominate for the lynch. Although, disregarding the alignments, at the moment, Peace is the best lynch.

I'm not putting myself up onto some high horse for this, but Mutant and I are both more experienced in the game. And I think it would be better to keep us in the game rather than Peace. If there is some sort of reasoning as to why Mutant should be lynched over Peace, then I'd be willing to listen to it, but the Town would lose a lot more from lynching Town Mutant or I, as opposed to a Town Peace.

Anyway, I can't really say all that much, because not all that much has gone on. But my stance is on Peace right now, for reasons mentioned above. Anyway, I have to head out to school again.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#55 2019-11-04 16:03:49

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

what if everyone in that pool is mafia bro..? like they just want townie creds

#56 2019-11-04 16:16:28

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Alright now that I have the time to post
First of all
@KirbyKareem and anyone that will die along the way
Can we reiterate once again that you should not woot posts by players to not interfere with the game? Some players metaplay the woots (looking at you mutant) and use them in their reads, particularly woots by dead players can be used to hint at something

Next
I think Shadow is a strong town lean because onjit most likely indeed rerolled as town. Like, sure, Onjit likes to mess with us (see mafia 33 where he was SK), but I doubt he'd give up being mafia to mess with us in a different way that is less entertaining
The same reasoning could be applied to peace in theory, but I feel less confident about him
Either way, both of them have yet to make a post

I don't like how Mutant tries to rush this, and vote hopping like that right at the start of the day is unnatural for him
And I don't like how quick he resorted to claiming that the pool is all town and that he's a victim that mafia is trying to frame

Mafia could go either for 3T or for 2T1S pool (I believe 1T2S pool is very unlikely (HOWEVER i have more to say about that one) and 3S is just lame obvs)

b) Given that Shadow is almost proven, and Mutant is generally perceived as a strong player, the lynch is essentially locked on the third player, whoever that is. With Peace being the third player, that makes him an even more obvious #1 candidate.

Anyway, here's a potential scenario where a 1T2S pool comes into play:
If Peace is mafia, that's going to become obvious really quick, thus the mafia could bus him right away by throwing him and another teammate into the pool
Peace is going to so obviously lynched and that earns the other teammate a whole lot of town points
I can see it only ever happening with Peace tho

Crybaby mentioned something similar back on D1:

Crybaby wrote:

This especially is effective if they nominate more than one of their members, and one wins over the other by "proving" their scuminess.

Summary: I'd vote Peace too, cause he's the least valuable player in the pool (and also cause I love policy lynching peace), however I don't like how Mutant tries to rush this without giving them any chance to talk
Thus I say we should wait

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (4)

#57 2019-11-04 16:56:47

peace

okay beofre im gonna reread the thread: what the **** si worng wiht this town by quickhammering an innoent since when do we take **** phase seeriouslyand lycnh a perons in like 12 horus when we have 72 **** horus to discusss thigns WTF as of the cnadidates im not sure i have mixed feelins about mutant
hers what i think about him:
hea either:
A strong town player maf wants to get out asap
or
B a maf and we think its A so we neevr lynch him
or
C hes is being framed

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#58 2019-11-04 16:57:50

peace

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

ShadowsEdge, Taskmanager, Crybaby, ZeldaXD, eleizibeth, Kira 

these poeple wanted to get an inonent out too fast kir sus for hammering way too fast

peace.png

#59 2019-11-04 16:59:54

peace

Crybaby wrote:

KirbyKareem, your antics and madness are going to be problematic for the town down the line, whether you're a Mafia member or not. I'm holding my vote knowing that it's L-1. (Unvoting at L-1 doesn't mean **** anyway)

i t can proove youre town crybaby and holy **** ele wootign this both sus

peace.png

Wooted by:

rat

#60 2019-11-04 17:01:47

peace

Slabdrill wrote:

i'd hammer right now but we have 71 hours of **** time so i'm not going to

townie points

peace.png

#61 2019-11-04 17:36:45

peace

i kinda feel more ocnfiden wiht a shadow vote because mutant is a 50/50 and i dont feel lik ehow quick i gian votes when i ddint made a post yet imnot gonna vote yet becuase it can also be that all 3 is town which i feel more confident with but then again if teye really want me dead then its really easy to have 1 or 2 scum in here onitj cliaming he wanted an replaxcement becaus eehe is town is not an valid poitn to prove shadow is town you may NOT take that in account maby onjit wanted another team to wokr with and ddiidnt like his partners

peace.png

#62 2019-11-04 20:24:04

peace

canwe just !novote i dotn wanna lose a townie

peace.png

#63 2019-11-04 21:02:26

Minimania
Moderation Team

mutantdevle wrote:

Okay, so I kinda expected myself and peace to be in the first pool.

Explain why

mutantdevle wrote:

And for that reason, I think this pool is 100% town.

You came to this conclusion way too quickly. You and peace being in the pool does not mean the pool is 100% town, especially considering this "evidence" you proport to have has nothing to do with the third player. In addition, there is no way in hell any of the three of you can be auto-trusted.

mutantdevle wrote:

That said, if anyone in the pool is mafia then it’s shadowsedge

Why?

mutantdevle wrote:

and, to be honest, it’s going to take quite a lot to convince me to lynch peace instead.

Oh, really? Is that so?

mutantdevle wrote:

**** it

!vote peace
I have no reason to think that Onjit would try to trick us (he’s capable of tricks, but I think he’d want to stay in the game) so Shadowsedge is also a lock town read for me. This pool is blatantly all town so I guess that means we default to lynching the least useful.

Well, that was a **** lie.

mutantdevle wrote:

I know I’m town.

Really? Because we don't.

mutantdevle wrote:

Perhaps for me today will be about convincing y’all that’s true.

You've gots a lots of 'splainin' to do Mr. Mutant.

mutantdevle wrote:

After all, it’s perfectly reasonable to point to me as a player who would put myself in the pool.

I'll come back to this later on in my post because I have something to say about this.

mutantdevle wrote:

By from the perspective of believing me to be town, the reason mafia would put someone like me (a hard to lynch player) into the pool would be to narrow the lynch down to the other 2 players in the pool.

You aren't so hard to lynch anymore, Mutant. If you make yourself out to be the scummiest player in a game like this, where a lynch is required every single day, then it's very likely that you can die, so don't be so reckless.

mutantdevle wrote:

Scum peace is never placed into the pool - especially not this early.

Explain.

mutantdevle wrote:

For that alone peace is a lock town read for me. He is the lynch bait.

One could consider you the lynch bait because

mutantdevle wrote:

it’s perfectly reasonable to point to me as a player who would put myself in the pool.

and the same goes for ShadowsEdge.

mutantdevle wrote:

I have no doubt that when the mafia designed this pool their full intention was to have peace lynched.

This is another thing that I want to come back to later on in this post.

mutantdevle wrote:

After all, why wouldn’t we lynch peace? I’ll tell you why we shouldn’t: the mafia want us to.

Why we should: Peace is historically the weakest player of the three.
Why we really shouldn't: Will explain later in the post

mutantdevle wrote:

So then there’s shadowsedge. Another strong and valuable player that we’d ideally want to keep around - further evidence the mafia wants us to lynch peace.

Another thing to come back to.

mutantdevle wrote:

With peace lynched the mafia would then be free seed doubt into shadow and I (assuming both town) later in the game to have us reconsidered for lynching. That’s not something they’d be able to do with peace considering how obviously townie he’d be. Alternatively, in the unlikely case that shadowsedge is mafia they could potentially use this pool to try and gain town credit.

So in short, from my perspective shadowsedge is the only person in the pool who has a chance of being mafia, albeit a chance I consider small. Currently, I think the only thing that would change my mind is if it becomes obvious that peace is actually scum and this is the mafia trying to get rid of him before he does too much damage to them.

Yeah champ? The chance of you and ShadowsEdge being Mafia is small? What made you come to such a conclusion, especially considering ShadowsEdge hasn't even posted yet before you posted?

I think not.

mutantdevle wrote:

I had forgotten about this and it already makes me reconsider my stance. With both shadowsedge and peace looking so obviously townie I’m starting to think that perhaps the intention of this pool was to have me lynched.

What someone rolled before this life should have nothing to do with what people have rolled now. Don't pin this on something we can't even prove.

Onjit very well could have decided to leave because he was no longer town.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Alright sorry, I was busy this morning but I got some time to say my part.

I'm not going to jump straight into saying either Mutant or Peace is town or scum because of the choices the Mafia made on who to nominate for the lynch. Although, disregarding the alignments, at the moment, Peace is the best lynch.

I'm not putting myself up onto some high horse for this, but Mutant and I are both more experienced in the game. And I think it would be better to keep us in the game rather than Peace. If there is some sort of reasoning as to why Mutant should be lynched over Peace, then I'd be willing to listen to it, but the Town would lose a lot more from lynching Town Mutant or I, as opposed to a Town Peace.

Anyway, I can't really say all that much, because not all that much has gone on. But my stance is on Peace right now, for reasons mentioned above. Anyway, I have to head out to school again.

Alright, time for me to come back to my conclusion.

The Mafia selected two experienced players, and a third player who is not quite as strong, as Mutant and ShadowsEdge have both graciously pointed out for us (no offense, Peace). It would be easy to assume that the Mafia placed three townies in the spotlight tonight, because this would mean they have no chance of dying tonight. This is definitely possible, but it would guaranteed the Mafia at least 1 true threat gone if they added someone more experienced than Peace.

Let me be 100% clear with y'all on something. The prime strategy for the Mafia to take would be to always place Town members on the chopping block on even days, because it guarantees that they have less of a chance of dying. Knowing this, it's very likely that all three players on the chopping block are town, and the reason they picked Peace is to make us second-guess the other two players, and choose to lynch one of them instead. This is simply a possibility, not the full truth, for what we know.

ShadowsEdge and Mutant are very experienced Mafia players. They would know the optimal strategy to take in this game as a Mafia member. Mutant wants us to believe that all three members in the current pool are 100% town, but I already pointed out the flaw with that on day 1, that TaskManager also brought up in his post.

TaskManager wrote:

Mafia could go either for 3T or for 2T1S pool (I believe 1T2S pool is very unlikely (HOWEVER i have more to say about that one) and 3S is just lame obvs)

It's possible for any number of Mafia members to be on the chopping block right now. It's an option, one that is designed to make it possible for Mafia members to gain townie credit. Mutant said it himself:

mutantdevle wrote:

it’s perfectly reasonable to point to me as a player who would put myself in the pool.

It is, because Mutant is smart enough to know the optimal strategy, how and when to deviate from it, and how to talk themselves out of any trouble.

Crybaby wrote:

This especially is effective if they nominate more than one of their members, and one wins over the other by "proving" their scuminess.

Mutant started out today immediately playing the bus game. Within just a few posts, they have weakly argued that ShadowsEdge and Peace are better candidates for the lynch than he is. He has made no argument for why he thinks the Mafia putting him and Peace in the first chopping block was inevitable. He has made very few arguments for why he thinks any one of the particular candidates are townie. While it is true that Onjit might very well have quit because he didn't roll Mafia again (seriously, this is the kind of **** we lynched Kareem for on night 1), it isn't fair to just write off ShadowsEdge as town solely because of this. Even then, it certainly does not do either Mutant or Peace any favors.

Here is a few scenarios that, while maybe not as likely as the 3 townie scenario, is still very possible.

☆ 2 scum, 1 town are on the chopping block. Mutant and Shadow are scum, and Mutant is trying to defend Shadow by downplaying his likelihood for being Mafia. They both know that Peace is objectively the weakest player. Mutant is trying to gain townie credit by bussing one of the two other candidates, one who isn't very experienced in defending themselves, and another who is very purposefully not fighting back very hard.

☆ 1 scum, 2 town are on the chopping block. Peace really is the Mafia. His teammates convinced him to agree to being placed on the chopping block with the two strongest players, figuring that reverse psychology would cause us to vote for one of the two stronger players instead.

☆ 1 scum, 2 town are on the chopping block. This is just like the first scenario, but without Shadow being Mafia.

Mutant, while I would certainly like to believe that you aren't Mafia, and that the Mafia just chose 3 townie members for the chopping block, including Peace just to **** with us, I can't really believe that right now. None of us have any reason to trust any of the three of you. You and ShadowsEdge are capable of some great feats of deception, while Peace might just have some amazing teammates. I withhold from voting for any of the three of you for now. I want to hear what everyone else has to say about this.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#64 2019-11-04 21:05:33

Minimania
Moderation Team

peace wrote:

i t can proove youre town crybaby and holy **** ele wootign this both sus

I agree that I look suspicious for fighting for a KirbyKareem lynch, but I guarantee you that I only did so out of policy. He is wooting while already dead, and he already gave out his role card once. These are unacceptable practices for any player, as they harm the integrity of the game. Also,

peace wrote:

canwe just !novote i dotn wanna lose a townie

Neither do I, but unfortunately, the town is required to lynch someone every day.

21cZxBv.png

#65 2019-11-04 21:08:45

Minimania
Moderation Team

@Norwegianboy, what if nobody votes for anybody? What do we do then? Does anybody get lynched?

21cZxBv.png

#66 2019-11-04 21:12:11

peace

hoyl **** crybaby... !

!lynch muntant

for day 3 i woudl look back into the poeple who voted kirbykareem esp kira hammering so quickly a newbie who doesnt have expeirence in defending themselves

peace.png

#67 2019-11-04 21:13:09

peace

crybaby th efirst perosn to vote breaks the tie

peace.png

#68 2019-11-04 21:13:45

peace

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If the deadline has been reached and there is either a voting tie or no votes has been placed, the first person that breaks the tie decides the outcome. If it takes too long, I will randomly flip one of the available slots.

peace.png

#69 2019-11-04 21:14:44

peace

**** i cant edit ...

peace wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If the deadline has been reached and there is either a voting tie or no votes has been placed, the first person that breaks the tie decides the outcome. If it takes too long, I will randomly flip one of the available slots.

peace.png

#70 2019-11-04 21:15:29

Minimania
Moderation Team

peace wrote:

crybaby th efirst perosn to vote breaks the tie

peace wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

fair enough I guess

21cZxBv.png

#71 2019-11-04 21:19:19

peace

imo i don tthink RNG should take place if it takes too long i mean what if at D3 no vote has bene placed and there is 9 players left ... shoulld be some other mechanic there

peace.png

#72 2019-11-04 21:39:35, last edited by Norwee (2019-11-04 21:40:38)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

The day ends in 60 hours or until a majority has been reached.
The majority for this day is [6]

[1] Mutantdevle: Peace
[1] Peace: mutantdevle

[0] ShadowsEdge:
Not voting: ShadowsEdge, ILikeTofuuJoe, Slabdrill, Taskmanager, Crybaby, ZeldaXD, eleizibeth, Kira

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#73 2019-11-05 00:01:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

awww **** I scared everyone else away

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

rat

#74 2019-11-05 00:20:11

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Uh.... yeah
When I said we should wait I meant that everyone (or most players) should voice their thoughts
Not that we just sit and stare at this thread

I haven't read peace's posts very thoroughly (sorry peace lmao) but it does feel like he's actually trying hard to solve the game, lol

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#75 2019-11-05 00:21:12

Minimania
Moderation Team

Elei I love you man but please post something instead of just wooting my posts

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)
peace1574099629768214

Board footer