Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-27 21:14:57

Darksaplep
Member
From: Hungary
Joined: 2019-10-24
Posts: 4

HI, I'm Darksaplep

Hello everyone,

My name is Marley and I'm 23 years old.
I was born in the Netherlands where I lived for 9 years before moving to Hungary where I currently live for 14 years.
I'm a native Dutch speaker, but I'm also fluent in the Hungarian and English language.
My hobbies are playing games, developing levels / games, listening to music and watching movies / series / anime.
Even though I like developing stuff, I don't have a finished game yet.

I've been playing EE for 3 years.
I've been mainly in the campaigns or worlds either my friends made or I made.


If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.

Offline

#2 2019-10-27 21:53:30

Raphe9000
Member
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,782

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Off Topic

Welcome to staff. I'm sure you'll be a good moderator. Just be warned that people aren't always accepting of people whom they know not (which is ironic considering the fact most active posters on these forums are quite involved in drama and thus would make horrible members of the moderation team). I welcome you with open arms, and I hope other people will do the same.


698230480755228702.png?v=1

Offline

#3 2019-10-27 21:57:31

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 3,558
Website

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Hi, welcome to the forums!


I think the main question that everyone has is why you?

I assume your fluency in multiple languages is part of why you've been made a moderator. But you're unknown to the mainstream EE community and because of that there's naturally going to be a lot of scepticism as to whether or not you deserve this role and how you got it in the first place. So it would be nice for us to know what exactly your place in EE is/has been.

I hope that you do a good job as a moderator and that you don't fade into the shadows like grandmasterswordsman and other moderators of the past.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

#4 2019-10-27 22:14:46

Raphe9000
Member
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,782

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

mutantdevle wrote:

I hope that you do a good job as a moderator and that you don't fade into the shadows like grandmasterswordsman and other moderators of the past.

He's still moderator, but he cares not to indulge in the drama of the forums. It's that simple. Makes him more impartial.


698230480755228702.png?v=1

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2019-10-27 22:33:29

Zumza
Member
From: root
Joined: 2015-02-17
Posts: 4,546

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Considering Xenonetix also moderates, insults Patreons, and bans people for personal reasons, is there of any importance who else is a moderator?
What exactly do you worry about?


Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Offline

#6 2019-10-27 22:49:37

Kira
Member
Joined: 2019-04-22
Posts: 1,303

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

No one cares at this point about staff

it’s like a meme now to be 1

Offline

#7 2019-10-27 23:10:20

Jorc
Member
From: Petoria
Joined: 2016-03-20
Posts: 1,344

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Sqwairle wrote:
Darksaplep wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Marley and I'm 23 years old.
I was born in the Netherlands where I lived for 9 years before moving to Hungary where I currently live for 14 years.
I'm a native Dutch speaker, but I'm also fluent in the Hungarian and English language.
My hobbies are playing games, developing levels / games, listening to music and watching movies / series / anime.
Even though I like developing stuff, I don't have a finished game yet.

I've been playing EE for 3 years.
I've been mainly in the campaigns or worlds either my friends made or I made.


If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.

1 question :

Hidden text

Wait, your alt seriously becomes the moderator? Now that's actually avengers level threat to EE Universe hearing Sqwairle is new moderator. I guess we are ****

Offline

#8 2019-10-28 00:06:48

Latif
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-03-13
Posts: 1,200
Website

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Well, at least we know you exist now, but you've missed the most important thing we want to know, which is why you wanted to become a moderator.

Have you ever moderated somewhere before? What will you be doing a moderator? Handling reports only? Or interact with the community as well?

Offline

Wooted by:

#9 2019-10-28 01:36:46

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: BiH/UK
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,407

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Hey let's give people the benefit of the doubt. Being well-known isn't a prerequisite; I don't think EE veterans are best placed anymore to become staff.

MarleyPoster.jpg


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

#10 2019-10-28 01:37:30

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Cant Count
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 5,585

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Yeah, and Grandswordsman ended up being pretty cool


unknown.png
Click to see my graphics. Now.

Offline

#11 2019-10-28 04:01:03

Darksaplep
Member
From: Hungary
Joined: 2019-10-24
Posts: 4

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Raphe9000 wrote:

Welcome to staff. I'm sure you'll be a good moderator. Just be warned that people aren't always accepting of people whom they know not (which is ironic considering the fact most active posters on these forums are quite involved in drama and thus would make horrible members of the moderation team). I welcome you with open arms, and I hope other people will do the same.

Thank you,
I'm hoping to get along with everyone.

mutantdevle wrote:

Hi, welcome to the forums!


I think the main question that everyone has is why you?

I assume your fluency in multiple languages is part of why you've been made a moderator. But you're unknown to the mainstream EE community and because of that there's naturally going to be a lot of scepticism as to whether or not you deserve this role and how you got it in the first place. So it would be nice for us to know what exactly your place in EE is/has been.

I hope that you do a good job as a moderator and that you don't fade into the shadows like grandmasterswordsman and other moderators of the past.

The main reasons why i got accepted is, cause of my experience as an IT Service Desk Agent and, cause I was helping with a few things on the EEU discord server before I joined the staff.
Of course the fluency of multiple languages also come in play here.
I haven't done anything outstanding on EE itself, since I've mostly been in campaigns, worlds that my friends made and my own worlds.
As long as I'm part of the staff I'm not planning to fade into the shadows.

Zumza wrote:

Considering Xenonetix also moderates, insults Patreons, and bans people for personal reasons, is there of any importance who else is a moderator?
What exactly do you worry about?

I wasn't there when most of those happened, so I cannot say anything about it, but it's important to have multiple moderators for multiple reasons like different time zones and relieving stress by helping other moderators out.
I'm not worried about anything right now.

Latif wrote:

Well, at least we know you exist now, but you've missed the most important thing we want to know, which is why you wanted to become a moderator.

Have you ever moderated somewhere before? What will you be doing a moderator? Handling reports only? Or interact with the community as well?

Beside my own small discord server I didn't have any past experiences as a moderator.
Although the closest to moderating I've had is my 2 years experience as an IT service desk agent.
The reason why I chose to become a moderator is to help out the staff and the community, since I like to help others and try new things out.
I will be handling reports and interact with the community.

Offline

#12 2019-10-28 06:26:57

Schlog
Member
Joined: 2015-07-21
Posts: 1,875

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

"Why did he get added to staff???? Nobody even knows him!!!!!"
"Of course he was made a staff member, the owner is friends with him and everyone knows him!!!!"

?????????????

Offline

#13 2019-10-28 08:35:36

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 8,903

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Darksaplep wrote:

I'm a native Dutch speaker,

hallo hoe gaat het leuk dat je in het team zit //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Offline

Wooted by:

#14 2019-10-28 09:28:43

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 2,338

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Hello I love your Trapped world now when will you make Sudoku : oooooo


❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I'm an idiot who plays EE daily. Don't ask me why because I don't know why too. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

unknown.png

Offline

#15 2019-10-28 13:16:30

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 6,008

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

You seem like a very nice guy, good luck

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2019-10-28 16:45:52

Zumza
Member
From: root
Joined: 2015-02-17
Posts: 4,546

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

The questions were towards the people who might judge you, not directed at you.
But I appreciate your answer.


Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Offline

#17 2019-10-29 00:21:13

Darksaplep
Member
From: Hungary
Joined: 2019-10-24
Posts: 4

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Schlog wrote:

"Why did he get added to staff???? Nobody even knows him!!!!!"
"Of course he was made a staff member, the owner is friends with him and everyone knows him!!!!"

I know that I'm not well known in the community.
I'm not related to any of the staff members.
Xenonetix isn't the only staff member who decides on who gets hired or not.
I only got to know the staff when I joined the alpha patron discord server.
I didn't have any real conversations before with any of the current and previous staff members.

peace wrote:

hallo hoe gaat het leuk dat je in het team zit //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Hallo,
Met mij gaat het goed, dank u wel. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Ik vindt het ook leuk om in dit team de zitten.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Hello I love your Trapped world now when will you make Sudoku : oooooo

I'm glad that you like my world. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
The Sudoku world is already in progress and should be finished this week.

Gosha wrote:

You seem like a very nice guy, good luck

Thank you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2019-10-29 02:27:10

Xfrogman43
Member
From: need to find a new home
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,174

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Darksaplep wrote:

peace wrote:

    hallo hoe gaat het leuk dat je in het team zit //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Hallo,
Met mij gaat het goed, dank u wel. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Ik vindt het ook leuk om in dit team de zitten.

is his dutch as good as his english?
189.png


zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Offline

Wooted by:

#19 2019-10-29 03:58:33

Darksaplep
Member
From: Hungary
Joined: 2019-10-24
Posts: 4

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Xfrogman43 wrote:

is his dutch as good as his english?

No, my Dutch is not as good as my English.
Dutch my be my native language and I may have lived 9 years in the Netherlands, but my Dutch is not nearly as fluent as my English.

Offline

#20 2019-10-29 04:14:48

mrjawapa
Corn Man ?
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,702
Website

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Darksaplep wrote:

peace wrote:

    hallo hoe gaat het leuk dat je in het team zit //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Hallo,
Met mij gaat het goed, dank u wel. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Ik vindt het ook leuk om in dit team de zitten.

is his dutch as good as his english?
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/mas … 68/189.png

Pretty sure peace's native language is dutch.


13kz8x09.gif

Offline

#21 2019-10-29 05:32:17

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 6,008

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

peace wrote:
Darksaplep wrote:

I'm a native Dutch speaker,

hallo hoe gaat het leuk dat je in het team zit //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

For a second I thought that was peacelanguage again

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#22 2019-10-29 08:32:32

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 8,903

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

mrjawapa wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
Darksaplep wrote:

peace wrote:

    hallo hoe gaat het leuk dat je in het team zit //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Hallo,
Met mij gaat het goed, dank u wel. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Ik vindt het ook leuk om in dit team de zitten.

is his dutch as good as his english?
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/mas … 68/189.png

Pretty sure peace's native language is dutch.

yep i live in the netherlands but friendly reminder dutch is **** hard to learn too much exception on grammr rules not fun anymore


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Offline

#23 2019-10-29 19:41:46

Snowester
Member
From: Mars
Joined: 2017-05-31
Posts: 498

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

peace wrote:

yep i live in the netherlands but friendly reminder dutch is **** hard to learn too much exception on grammr rules not fun anymore

too much exception on grammr rules not fun

*sips tea*


1565540400.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#24 2019-10-30 00:04:22, last edited by Trytu (2019-10-30 00:06:41)

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 803

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

peace wrote:

too much exception on grammr rules not fun anymore

hahaha, your comment seems very funny for me...
too much exceptions in dutch is my smallest problem
i have grammar rule problems even in my native language


4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#25 2019-10-30 01:55:29

den3107
Member
From: Netherlands
Joined: 2015-04-24
Posts: 1,022

Re: HI, I'm Darksaplep

peace wrote:

too much exception on grammr rules not fun anymore

As fellow dutchman, I agree with this. Honestly it's more exception on the rules than actual rules.
It's like "Oh yeah, so if it's this type of word, which you can figure out with this 5-step process, then you prefix it with a 'ge-'. ... ... Unless it's one of these 50 words, which all have different ways of writing and pronunciation, have fun at the test tomorrow, no more than 5 mistakes out of 50!"

Offline

Wooted by:
Debora Cris1575581167769565

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1594723384.415 - Generated in 0.065 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.87 MiB (Peak: 2.18 MiB) ]