Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-04 03:24:29, last edited by Minisaurus (2019-08-04 05:42:32)

Minisaurus
Banned

Let´s introduce Bots officially to EEU

EE has got Continue hacker attacks, breaching accounts is only one problem, but gore & **** pictures uploaded to maps make the game toxic and cause several damage to the game reputation over anything else.

Breach could happen by using bots that contain a way to collect data from the players that uses them, so the idea that I suggest here is in part about that issue.

For EE the only way to get a bots is to download it from random websites, not telling all bots could be trojans (or any other type of virus or troublemaker), or making a bot yourself, and that is a real issue for the security and safety of the game, as Staff have no real control on what can be done with a bot.
EE is a pixel game with a minimap, in that minimap can be uploaded inappropriate content very easily using bots.
EE forums even have a Bot and Programmin forum for it, that mean bots are part of the game, why not integrate bots as an official part of the game instead of keeping it in a dangerous dark corner.

Making for EEU a workshop like Steam workshop is the solution, the art bots in the workshop should follow all the same rules: No external picture posting, no bot in the workshop is able to have a tool to upload external files to it, if that is the case, the bot is removed from the workshop.
Players can post their bots in a section for it´s greenlight, and a staff team dedicated to that task aprove or dissaprove them, there should be a staff team that do check and test the bots greenlighted, as bots is an important part of the game, EEU bot workshop is a secure and easy way to introduce bots to the game, players can easily subscribe/unsubscribe to a bot and use it in the game, "open/activate/manage bot" in-game (With a in-game tab for the bot settings, one tab for each bot activated).
Players who spam bot suggestions, could be banned from suggesting them.

If a single player (A programmer) do want a bot that do an specific task, that no other player require or even want, there is no point to satisfy the needs of a single programmer that could be a hacker trying to break the rules.
The bots are optional and as so, only a portion of the game community use them, and the whole community could be affected and damaged by the use of bots, as it happened to EE recently.

The workshop could even encourage programming knowledge by making a bot contest anually, with it´s rules of course to avoid introducing to the game an usafe bot.
Players can flag unsafe, broken, glitched bots, and also give reviews for them, their developers can check and fix the issues and improve the bot.

The maps should have a list that only the staff can see, this list contain all the bots connected to the specific map, and if any trouble happen in the map, staff can see what bot caused it.
If EEU is about to be as open as EE for bots, the same problem will occur in a not far future, lets prevent this to happen to EEU, as an stronger security is only a portion of the work, a single breach occasion is enough to severely affect the whole game.

Please, share your knowledge about programming here to correct/modify the ideas exposed.
Post below if you want to share ideas and your knowledge to explain ways to make bot-making easier and safer for programmers.

#2 2019-09-21 15:21:25

capasha

Re: Let´s introduce Bots officially to EEU

What EEU needs is a better API. They can always limit the API so people can't do things that the developers doesn't want.
NBE have their own API with a key you generate from your account. The great with this API is that it's limited to only your account. You can't join other peoples worlds like you can do with PlayerIO.
The lack of NBE's API is that it needs so many different packages and these packages could be done in other languages, but it's hard. I can't JavaScript which NBE is only the way to make bots for NBE.

An API for EEU that is only linked to your own account, but you can change name of the bot. Is the best way I can think of.
And like you said that people could download the code that other people have made, like on Steam with review and maybe features, or bug reporting.
And people could also make their bot private if they want so, so no need to share it for other people. Like I said before.
The developers could add what they want the API can do, and also be able to use this API on multiple platforms and different languages. I would be happy with that.

#3 2019-09-21 16:54:56

Anatoly

capasha wrote:

What EEU needs is a better API. They can always limit the API so people can't do things that the developers doesn't want.
NBE have their own API with a key you generate from your account. The great with this API is that it's limited to only your account. You can't join other peoples worlds like you can do with PlayerIO.
The lack of NBE's API is that it needs so many different packages and these packages could be done in other languages, but it's hard. I can't JavaScript which NBE is only the way to make bots for NBE.

An API for EEU that is only linked to your own account, but you can change name of the bot. Is the best way I can think of.
And like you said that people could download the code that other people have made, like on Steam with review and maybe features, or bug reporting.
And people could also make their bot private if they want so, so no need to share it for other people. Like I said before.
The developers could add what they want the API can do, and also be able to use this API on multiple platforms and different languages. I would be happy with that.

Or they can just not send information that shouldn't be stolen on the client.

#4 2019-09-21 16:58:07

LukeM
Website

Firstly, we are definitely planning on having a more officially supported botting API for EEU, with hopefully much better anti-cheat that prevents bots from doing things that players couldn't already do (that we haven't specifically allowed them to do). We'll be starting to work on this once we've got gameplay to a stage we're happy with, most likely later in the Beta, at which point we'll probably be asking for a lot of feedback about what people like/dislike about it so that we can end up with a tool that's easy and enjoyable to use.

Unfortunately there isn't really any way for us to have stricter rules for bots than players though, short of having a captcha for every single interaction with the game, which would pretty much ruin the game for everyone. I think our current plan is to work on better detection and prevention of things like alt accounts and spam, and improved moderation tools.

As for bot distribution, I believe that the best thing to do is basically what we have currently, a B&P subforum with some trusted active members that can verify that other people's bots are safe, potentially with a "verified" tag or something to make it clearer which are verified to be safe. As we've pretty much always said, we advise only downloading bots from trusted people on the forums, using a hacked client or a tool shared more secretively may compromise your account.

Wooted by:

#5 2019-09-21 17:18:16

capasha

LukeM wrote:

a B&P subforum with some trusted active members that can verify that other people's bots are safe, potentially with a "verified" tag or something to make it clearer which are verified to be safe.

It have only been me and Atilla on B&P that have checked if it's legit or not in these forums.
I remember that I found a spreading hacked client that stole password, I decrypted it and got his site banned and reported.

I hope you guys can find good people that will check it.

Wooted by:

#6 2019-09-22 09:52:26

peace

capasha wrote:

They can always limit the API so people can't do things that the developers doesn't want.

how ot limit making inap. picture sin a minimap if you sitll want people being able to make pictures

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1569142346762391

Board footer