Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#201 2019-08-21 07:54:34

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If he was a mafia member, would the mafia just stand idly by? No they’d say things like "hmm, we should lynch Zumza instead." Or "Come on, let’s wait for Slabdrill to talk guys!"

That's what you were doing literally

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lurkers flip my **** too.
Also take a look at this dude.

HeebusBajesus
>Joined yesterday
>Posts: 1

HeebusBajesus wrote:

>"Arg arg arg spongebob me boy I just had crab rangoon arg arg arg"

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Looking at the player list i think Zumza would be the least useful player overall to the town.

Slabdrill wrote:

@zumza: if you find norwegian that suspicious, why not vote for them instead? if they end up being maf i’ll end up super suspicious sure, but i’m worried that if i’m lynched first the association tells would lead people to thinking norwegianboy is more town when they might not be (though my opinion on them hasn’t changed from effectively neutral)

This makes sense
I'd switch to Norboy but I'm afraid of compulsory lynching messing things up

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#202 2019-08-21 07:55:49

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Ahem vote count pls

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#203 2019-08-21 08:05:52

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

@Taskmanager
Yes, i was the one who defended Slabdrill. So why did nobody else? Why was i (a townie) the only one defending Slabdrill and looking at alternatives rather than immediately jumping on the Slabdrill bandwagon? This proves to me that something doesn't add up about the people that suggested him. More specifically you and MrJawapa.
Go ahead and vote me. It'll prove my point.
The mafia cannot hide the identity of people that get lynched on day 1 so this may be one of the few actual confirmed alignment lynches we'll get.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#204 2019-08-21 08:22:11

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Why would multiple people defend a mafia member if they have three people total?
Why would mafia throw all of their players to defend one of them? Instead this  could be an opportunity for the other two mafia players to distance themselves from eachother
Why is "many people defend X" a scum tell for X and "nobody defends X" is a town tell for X? Zoey's lynch in PurgatorEE disproves this very well

If there's something that doesn't add up about myself and Jawapa then go ahead and voice your concerns because some of your attacks on others feel like an OMGUS tbh

You also never answered my question back in this post
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 43#p759743
Gotta remind you eventually

i8SwC8p.png

#205 2019-08-21 08:35:43

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Which question? Most of the information in your linked comment seems more like pure statements. So forgive me for failing to "answer" your speculations.
Do you mean these questions?

Taskmanager wrote:

Who are the other valid choices for inactive players?

Already answered this with my list on day 1. I suppose there is no longer any use in voting for inactive players anymore though, because almost none of the players are actually inactive this time around.

Taskmanager wrote:

I also find it odd how you completely ignored Slab's candidacy prior to turning on Luka, except for mentioning him in your candidates list

When did i do this? What makes you believe this? I've never "completely ignored" Slabdrill's candidacy, i've looked at other options if that's what you mean. Also in case you haven't noticed, i've focused on Slabdrill for the better part of the entire thread. So i don't understand what exactly your point against me is. This is part of the reason i suspect you, you just seem to spout empty platitudes without much thought put behind it. This really feels like a non-issue, surely if you think i'm suspicious you'd have better arguments?

#206 2019-08-21 08:43:52

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Already answered this with my list on day 1. I suppose there is no longer any use in voting for inactive players anymore though, because almost none of the players are actually inactive this time around.

I take it the only other valid choice you had in mind was Zumza
Also it might not matter now but it still had to be answered

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

When did i do this? What makes you believe this? I've never "completely ignored" Slabdrill's candidacy, i've looked at other options if that's what you mean. Also in case you haven't noticed, i've focused on Slabdrill for the better part of the entire thread. So i don't understand what exactly your point against me is. This is part of the reason i suspect you, you just seem to spout empty platitudes without much thought put behind it. This really feels like a non-issue, surely if you think i'm suspicious you'd have better arguments?

>Prior to turning on Luka
That's the important part
Do not misinterpret things

i8SwC8p.png

#207 2019-08-21 08:50:35

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I was ok with lynching Slabdrill if nothing else was available, then i realized Luka504 was acting super suspicious. Why are you under the impression i completely ignored Slabdrill's candidacy? I thought i made it quite clear i would lynch lurkers like Slabdrill prior to what you refer to as "turning" on Luka.

#208 2019-08-21 08:56:30

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

You included him in your list but you never actually voiced support for taking him down specifically, instead you said lurkers **** you off and suggested Heebus and Zumza
again, this is all before you started pushing for Luka

i8SwC8p.png

#209 2019-08-21 09:31:50

Zumza

Pourquoi je préfère Slabdrill:

Il est plus efficace d'éliminer les personnes suspectes et inactives, pas seulement les personnes suspectes ou les personnes inactives.

Les personnes inactives présentent un risque plus élevé d'être mafieuses.

Avoir une mauvaise décision à propos de NorwegianboyEE semble pire que d'avoir une mauvaise décision à propos de Slabdrill, à mon avis.

Hidden text

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#210 2019-08-21 09:35:27

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

TaskManager, you just keep on repeating what my actions are. I am fully aware of my own actions. What i'm interested in is your take on why they make me suspicious.

Wooted by:

#211 2019-08-21 09:38:01

Minimania
Moderation Team

Thank you for explaining your strategy Norboy. It calms some of the suspicions I have about you. Do know this, though: you and I have played together before and I know how capable you are, so it wouldn't be above you if this were an elaborate lie.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#212 2019-08-21 09:43:57

Minimania
Moderation Team

@Norwegianboy

Let's say the town decides to lynch Slabdrill and he turns out to be Mafia. What do you think we should do?

What if the town decides to lynch TaskManager, and they flip town? Or any of the other people you mentioned, for that matter

21cZxBv.png

#213 2019-08-21 09:47:51

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

If Slabdrill flips mafia, you guys should lynch me next.
If Taskmanager or any of the other people i suspect flips town then that's just unfortunate. I'd rather not get lynched obviously, since a townie voting themselves is very anti-town unless their death and confirmed allignment would in some way help us with revealing the mafia. But if you guys want to lynch me for that as well, that would be completely understandable.

#214 2019-08-21 10:05:43

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

TaskManager wrote:

Why is "many people defend X" a scum tell for X and "nobody defends X" is a town tell for X?

I don’t really understand it too tbh

Many people defending a person doesn’t mean that person must be scum. There can be scums in the people who defended that person but that doesn’t mean the person people are defending must be scum or scumish.

Nobody defending a person doesn’t mean that person is a town tell too.

Maybe that’s what mafia wants you to think, so they can use those statements to hide themselves.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#215 2019-08-21 10:07:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

TaskManager, you just keep on repeating what my actions are. I am fully aware of my own actions. What i'm interested in is your take on why they make me suspicious.

Well I answered your question in my last post

Slab is or was the most eligible lynch target if we're judging by inactivity argument
Yet you were opposed to lynching him and tried to put someone else in his spot. I find that scum motivated since I don't really see pro-town reasons to keeping him
And your push for Luka seemed like a mere retaliation, which only reinforced my belief

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#216 2019-08-21 10:12:54

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

So if Slabdrill flips town you'd begin trusting me?

#217 2019-08-21 10:16:00

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

I would surely cut you some slack but it wouldn't make you a strong town lean, still

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If Slabdrill flips mafia, you guys should lynch me next.

That's a big coin toss

i8SwC8p.png

#218 2019-08-21 11:04:18

Kira

TaskManager wrote:

Ahem vote count pls

Vote counts and timer are done every 24 hours, and every 12 hours on the last day. Expect the next vote count in 4 hours.

#219 2019-08-21 11:13:03

Minimania
Moderation Team

This is still night 1, so any lynch we do is going to likely just be a shot in the dark. However  since it's gonna be the only safe flip, we need to make this one count. That's why people are doing a lot more on this night 1 as opposed to other games, rather than just a bandwagon being formed on an inactive person AMD everybody just looking at the people who voted. Brilliant setup imo Kira, it makes it really feel like this first lynch is really important, and we should make it count. That's why I think maybe lynching based off of activity alone isn't the smartest idea.

What do you think of this @Task, Norboy, and Slabdrill?

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)

#220 2019-08-21 11:28:00

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

That's exactly what i'd been thinking Crybaby. And it's why i think the people that act like lynching Slabdrill is the best solution is extremely suspicious in my eyes. Those people are: Mutantdevle, MrJawapa and Taskmanager.
This is why i want to vote either one of those as if they turn out to be mafia it would be an extremely successful lynch rather than just going for the inactive "policy" lynch option.

#221 2019-08-21 12:26:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Kira wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Ahem vote count pls

Vote counts and timer are done every 24 hours, and every 12 hours on the last day. Expect the next vote count in 4 hours.

I'd rather you do it each time someone casts a vote
Or aftsr every two cases of voting

i8SwC8p.png

#222 2019-08-21 12:31:09

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Crybaby wrote:

This is still night 1, so any lynch we do is going to likely just be a shot in the dark. However  since it's gonna be the only safe flip, we need to make this one count. That's why people are doing a lot more on this night 1 as opposed to other games, rather than just a bandwagon being formed on an inactive person AMD everybody just looking at the people who voted. Brilliant setup imo Kira, it makes it really feel like this first lynch is really important, and we should make it count. That's why I think maybe lynching based off of activity alone isn't the smartest idea.

What do you think of this @Task, Norboy, and Slabdrill?

I'm voting Slab not only for his inactivity, that was the initial reason that got this conversation going
Now my primary reason is that Norboy has been subtly unwilling to go for lynching Slab while suggesting other people for a similar reason

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

rather than just going for the inactive "policy" lynch option

You understand that it's not *just* an inactivity policy lynch now right

i8SwC8p.png

#223 2019-08-21 12:42:28

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

people that act like lynching Slabdrill is the best solution i

I dont think I said that.

I think it's the best the solution given a specific scenario.

Discord: jawp#5123

#224 2019-08-21 12:45:22

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Useful but a decent candidate for day 1 lynch? Why lynch a useful person? I understand you might want to get rid of lurkers but if he's useful, I don't think we should lynch him.

My comment was never that he was a useful person, just a useful lurker. The point I was trying to make at the time was that other lurkers would be better suited. However, not only does no other player lurk to the extent that Slabdrill does, but I've also revoked my statement that Sladrill is even useful.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

who do you think has the possibility of being a disguiser?

Lol, how would you expect me to answer this? I've not even done the first step of identifying anyone I think has a strong chance of being mafia.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Luka was seriously suggested by Norwegianboy tho.

Yeah but I disagree with it so it's not something that factored into me not voting Slabdrill.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

You said almost objectively the optimal lynch, who is the best option?
Also I don't really agree on Slabdrill being the most optimal lynch on day 1, he still haven't talked yet when you said that, you should at least give him some chance to let Slab explain himself, instead of rushing it.

Objectively means it cannot be argued. Of course, it can be argued - but I don't think there are many strong points against it that produce a better candidate. Hence why I described him being optimal as almost objective. I wasn't saying there is a better option.

What does Slabdrill explaining himself do? "Oh you're lynching me because I'm a lurker? Well, I'm a lurker so....". There is very little Slabdrill can do to fight this lynch because the lynch isn't about him being conventionally scummy. And just because I've expressed support for his lynch doesn't mean the day is magically going to end and it's not like I can't change my vote once I've placed. Also, you haven't explained why Slabdrill isn't the optimal lynch. You've just pointed out a flaw in it. Unless you provide a different and better candidate than Slabdrill he will remain the optimal choice.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I think you should've realized that earlier instead when you fully support to lynch Slab?

Why? Why would I have realised it earlier?

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I quite don't understand why people really want to get rid of inactive players.

You need to get rid of them out of policy - aka set the standard that it's not okay to be inactive. If multiple players are inactive it allows the mafia to disguise themself as inactive and just get a free pass in the game. Lynching inactive players in later days is bad because you'd usually have information to go after better targets. So day 1 when you don't have any information to go on is the best time for policy votes. Also, being inactive makes people harder to read. If they're not posting much then you can't judge what they post.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I disagree about your assessment that there is not enough information to find suspects however, it seems a bit narrow minded to just assume that there is absolutely no other choice than voting Slabdrill. I thought you were open to the idea of thinking outside the box, but i guess not.

I never said that there is no choice other than Slabdrill, I just think he is currently optimal. Technically, we don't have to go for what's optimal and instead we could take a risk on someone else. But I don't see anyone to take a risk on. Y'all keep questioning why everyone is so focussed on Slabdrill - the answer is that there are no other convincing options. If you want me voting someone other than Slabdrill then you either need to convince that someone else is a better lynch than him or that it's worth it taking the risk to lynch someone other than him.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

So since it's obvious the mafia has agreed on either passively or actively supporting a Slabdrill lynch. Will you trust me more once he is revealed to be a townie i wonder? I am absolutely certain by now that Slabdrill must be innocent.

No, Slabdrill flipping town wouldn't make me trust you. There's a 2/3 chance that he flips town and as mafia you'd know what he'd flip. The arguments you've made about Slabdrill and the progression of thought you've shown in the thread are not beyond fakery. To be honest, I would have thought town!you would want Slabdrill lynched if you genuinely believed what you're claiming you do. Slabdrill flipping town would turn your speculation into confirmed evidence which is probably the most useful thing he could do in a game. But instead, I get the impression that you want to stay off the wagon because the town credit you'd get from 'being right all along' is more valuable to you than making your arguments convincing.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Do you think Luka504's actions were appropriate considering his given role card?

Why is specifically his role card relevant? Are you trying to prompt an answer that will give you information about whether Luka was acting off being PR/vanilla?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#225 2019-08-21 12:48:53

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Taskmanager wrote:

Now my primary reason is that Norboy has been subtly unwilling to go for lynching Slab while suggesting other people for a similar reason

^Gross simplification of my motives.
My reasons for wanting to lynch either MrJawapa, Mutantdevle or you is as far from a "similar reason" you could get. There are also many ways you can describe my tactics right now, "subtle" is not one of them. You may disapprove, but at least get my case right.

Taskmanager wrote:

You understand that it's not *just* an inactivity policy lynch now right

Then what is it? If you really think i'm a mafia member protecting Slabdrill, then i invite you to vote for me instead. It will prove Slabdrill and i have no scum connection, also proving that my reads aren't based on a mafia mindset.

peace1567329158761133

Board footer