Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#176 2019-08-20 21:10:02

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

- Who are your suspects?
- What made you change your mind about lynching Slabdrill or not?

1) Norboy and Slab main suspects right now
2) I didn't change my mind, refer to post above (#174)

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#177 2019-08-20 21:54:38

Minimania
Moderation Team

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

that he's not gonna type whatever comes to mind, I was a little bit suspicious of him, but anyway.

Valid to be wary of this from me, but what I meant was I would try not to let this form of giving my thoughts detract from the structure of my posts. I didnt mean to say that I wouldn't be giving you my full and honest thoughts.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I can understand how it's connected to Luka, because both Luka and Mutant pushed for Slabdrill lynch, but why is it connected to me

Only on principle that you took over for Luka. I did note that you dont agree with Luka, though.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#178 2019-08-20 21:58:47

Minimania
Moderation Team

Also, thank you Slabdrill for participating on day 1, and thank you for the read list.

21cZxBv.png

#179 2019-08-20 22:00:55

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

tfw you have to be thankful for people actually playing a game they signed up for

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by: (3)

#180 2019-08-20 22:06:37

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Well one things for sure. Peace aint mafia, cus if he was then the entire mafia team would have surrendered by now.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)

#181 2019-08-20 22:09:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Well one things for sure. Peace aint mafia, cus if he was then the entire mafia team would have surrendered by now.

This isn't Railmat's game

i8SwC8p.png

#182 2019-08-20 22:12:30

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Um... yea?

#183 2019-08-20 22:13:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:

tfw you have to be thankful for people actually playing a game they signed up for

valid

as for how I'm acting right now @Slabdrill
My computer busted in the middle of last game, and I was able to use it less and less, until I just couldn't anymore. I wanted to use that as an excuse to be less active, and to hopefully fly under the radar in the late game, and ride off of what people thought of me earlier on in the game. In this game, I no longer wish to use this as an excuse to be inactive. I'm trying to participate as actively as I can on mobile, and I hope that it shows. For anybody who wishes to suspect me based off of this change, or based off of the fact that I'm pointing it out, then okay. That's valid, but note I dont generally like claiming to be a town member. It isnt that I'm not a townie (even though in the most recent games Im not), but I just dont think it's fair for me to put myself in the town section of my own reads list. Not only would it influence people's thoughts about me possibly either positively or negatively, but it would just be out of character for me. I accept what people say about me in their reads on me, as most often they bring up a valid point. If they don't, or there's a misunderstanding, then I'll try to correct it, and those interactions are what I hope influence people's opinion about me. Statistically speaking, I am possibly a part of the Mafia, but unlikely. I know that I'm a town member, but you don't, and generally I just like to focus on what other people think about each other, and just give what I think about other people. In other words, I dont much like to make it about me. That can be seen as suspicious, or a way of saying "I dont want there to be heat on me", which is valid, but if I die, I die. I just want what I say to help in the end.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#184 2019-08-20 22:28:42

Minimania
Moderation Team

elaboration: I dont mind being a target, itll better let me know who to look into

21cZxBv.png

#185 2019-08-20 23:03:48

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

That explains your inactivity in the last game a lot, actually. My keyboard is completely busted so I spend nore time on my phone. (My previous post was made on a different computer because iso-checking everyone on mobile seems like even more of a pain. This is why I waited a few hours before doing it.)
Not wanting to promote yourself as town also makes sense, since people seem to read that as a scumtrait. And indeed, while I know I’m a townie, if I didn’t I’d read myself fairly neutral. Taking attention off or yourself to focus on the broader view is also what I think is correct; it’s all i really give, except when abswering a specific question.

(you have gained a small amount of townie points for me from that post, though it totally read like you defending yourself though i wasn’t suspicious anyways.)

suddenly random sig change

#186 2019-08-20 23:07:16

Minimania
Moderation Team

I didnt do that to defend myself, honestly I see it as kind of dumping on myself

21cZxBv.png

#187 2019-08-20 23:08:59

Minimania
Moderation Team

I just wanted to get it out of the way, so that my intentions are 100% clear

21cZxBv.png

#188 2019-08-21 00:02:21

ShadowsEdge

So Im on a bit of a break. I have band practice coming up soon, so I wont be able to talk for a while after this. Also, sorry for any typos, also typing this on my phone since Im not home right now.

Im still unsure of 2B. Although, his reads look good, and definitely spent more time on them than me. I feel that Luka may have played aggresively as a playstyle, as Jawapa and Slab have said that's how he typically plays. On top of that, Slab sees no reason to suspect Luka, and as the target of the lynch, I'm more inclined to believe his assessment. Therefore, at the moment, I won't place a lynch on 2B. And instead on the person who I suspect significantly more than the others.

!vote Heebus Bajesus

Heebus is typically an active person. And her stance to stand idly by, when in other games, she's typically active, heightens my suspicion of her. If Heebus wants to respond to make a claim against this, I may reconsider my stance. But at the moment, since Heebus refuses to help with the advancement of this game, even for the claim of not knowing anyone, I will be placing my vote on her.

Ill be able to post somewhat if need be, but I wont be too active today because of my Band practice today.

I don't really want others to lynch Heebus immediately, but if she continues to refuse to help, then it may be worth looking into.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#189 2019-08-21 00:05:01

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

New prediction:

Mafia:
norboy
peace
slabdrill

Discord: jawp#5123

#190 2019-08-21 00:44:05

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

mrjawapa wrote:

New prediction:

Mafia:
norboy
peace
slabdrill

can i ask why you think these people are mafia?

#191 2019-08-21 00:45:29

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

@ShadowsEdge Being "active" and being "inactive" are two very noticeable things if it changes from a game to another, and Heebus has stated that she can read you very well and viceversa, now here's the thing:

"Heebus is typically an active person. And her stance to stand idly by, when in other games, she's typically active, heightens my suspicion of her. ", was she mafia or town in these games? Or a mix?
Here are the possibilities:
1) Mafia-town mix
Then her inactivity could be because of genuine reasons, because it would mean she is not active/inactive depending on her role. Unless she's a jester, of course.
2) Town
If she is active when she's town, then suddenly becoming inactive if she's mafia would be very telling, especially since she's aware you can read her very well, so why would she do this as a strategy? It would be very easy for you to read her if that was the case.
3) Mafia
If she's active when she's mafia and inactive when she's town, then she could be going for a "I'm usually inactive when I'm town and I'm actually mafia in this game so I'll be inactive this game so ShadowsEdge can't read me as well" strategy or she could be genuinely town.

Honestly, it strikes me that you're going after her because she's the only person in this entire game that knows you well and has played with you before, so she would have the easiest time reading you, making her a threat if you're mafia and you want to get rid of her as soon as possible.

!lynch ShadowsEdge

As for the rest, I've read everything in the thread right now and nothing seems particularly suspicious about anyone else, nothing about anyone else tells me "this guy is def scum", but there's nothing that tells me "this guy is def town" about anyone else either for now, so.

gLjTZE1.png

#192 2019-08-21 00:48:24

HeebusBajesus

This is to Rene since he finds me extremely suspicious (that I'm either mafia or jester)

I mean I can't really convince you
I can't say much
Other than that me changing my play style, which I agree is really sus from an outside perspective, doesn't necessarily mean I'm actually mafia

I promise you lynching me isn't gonna help you
And that's about as much as I can say

Revealing my role to you won't change anything either because even mafia could claim the same thing

I still need to catch up on EE posts too

The main reason I have been inactive as of recent is because I've been staring at page 2 reloading it thinking it was gonna change only to realize I had to click the small numbers on the bottom to go to the next page

That's why I was confused when you guys would state new things that were being said but when I went to check I wouldn't see anything new
So now I have to catch up on posts

That'll have to wait for now though because I'm doing homework

PS: I'm surprised you haven't caught on to what role I could be (based on other discussions as of recent)

You're so focused on me changing my playstyle that you don't recognize signs that clearly show otherwise

But I don't blame you
How I played G2 shows my capability and for that I applaud you for not treating me like I'm oblivious

But really
I have nothing else to say really

Perhaps once I catch up with posts I'll have some input

In fact I might actually change back to my original playstyle; I didn't expect people to have walls of information based on past games, so I could definitely look into that

But like I said I'm busy rn

Ooga booga

#193 2019-08-21 00:51:59

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

HeebusBajesus wrote:

The main reason I have been inactive as of recent is because I've been staring at page 2 reloading it thinking it was gonna change only to realize I had to click the small numbers on the bottom to go to the next page

Really? This seems like a terrible excuse, if you didn't know how to go to the next page how did you get to the page 2 in the first place?

gLjTZE1.png

#194 2019-08-21 00:55:46

Minimania
Moderation Team

Refreshing doesn't lead you to the most recent page. Kind of a bad excuse but I understand it at least

21cZxBv.png

#195 2019-08-21 01:01:35

HeebusBajesus

It sounds dumb, I know ;-;

I'm on mobile since my computer's been broken for weeks now.
I was still getting used to the format and when there was only 1 page, all I had to do was scroll down and see a new post. At this point I had not seen the page numbers.

Beep and 2B would mention new things that were being said but I wouldn't be seeing them, so I thought I was on the wrong board or something.

Because of this, I asked beep for the link again and it took me to what I now realize was page 2.

For a while it was fine, until 2B and Beep would, again, mention new information that I wasn't seeing

It took me like 2 days to realize that there were small numbers at the bottom of the screen to switch pages, in which I then realized I had been missing a bunch of posts because of my late realization.

Like I said... It's dumb and if you don't believe me then you can ask Beep about me asking for the link again. And there you have it.

Ooga booga

#196 2019-08-21 01:56:55

Zumza

• Je ne dirais pas que je suis inutile étant donné que j'ai été tué plutôt tôt dans les jeux récents.

• ShadowsEdge est très impliqué, ce qui n'est pas typique de notre typologie de la mafia.

• Luka de mon point de vue a marqué comme une villageois.

• B2 ne m'a pas convaincu, mais je les exclurais pour le moment de la liste des suspects à cause de Luka.

• Je ne pense pas que HeebusBajesus ferait une excuse aussi pathétique s'il n'était pas sincère.

• Slabdrill semble être un bon choix mais uniquement à cause de NorwegianboyEE, à mon avis.

• NorwegianboyEE semble se soucier beaucoup de ce que les autres pensent de lui. Il semble agité que quelqu'un croit que il est mafia.

• Fait intéressant, presque personne n’a même essayé de modifier son vote contre une autre personne.  Personne ne veut jouer agressivement, précisément sur le thème de la révolution française, que se passe-t-il?

Peace (Replacing JoeyC)
TaskManager
2B55B5G TNG (Replacing Luka504)
NorwegianboyEE
mutantdevle
ShadowsEdge
MrJawapa
ZeldaXD
Eleizibeth
Slabdrill
HeebusBajesus
Crybaby

C'est tout. Ce sont mes opinions que je voulais partager en ce moment.

!Lynch Slabdrill

Hidden text

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#197 2019-08-21 02:12:04

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

@zumza: if you find norwegian that suspicious, why not vote for them instead? if they end up being maf i’ll end up super suspicious sure, but i’m worried that if i’m lynched first the association tells would lead people to thinking norwegianboy is more town when they might not be (though my opinion on them hasn’t changed from effectively neutral)

suddenly random sig change

#198 2019-08-21 03:25:32

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

@zumza: if you find norwegian that suspicious, why not vote for them instead? if they end up being maf i’ll end up super suspicious sure, but i’m worried that if i’m lynched first the association tells would lead people to thinking norwegianboy is more town when they might not be (though my opinion on them hasn’t changed from effectively neutral)

This is true.

The slabdrill vote started because of his inactivity, not because he was suspicious. Norboy defending slab could be a slip. If we lynch Norboy, that will tell us if slab is scum.

If norboy flips town, I will consider slab neutral.

If norboy is mafia, then we lynch slab.

Then, we lynch the joker, so they win, and then sniff out the last mafia member.

game over gg

Also, I'm in favor of lynching peace at any point in the game.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#199 2019-08-21 06:05:34

ShadowsEdge

ZeldaXD wrote:

@ShadowsEdge Being "active" and being "inactive" are two very noticeable things if it changes from a game to another, and Heebus has stated that she can read you very well and viceversa, now here's the thing:

"Heebus is typically an active person. And her stance to stand idly by, when in other games, she's typically active, heightens my suspicion of her. ", was she mafia or town in these games? Or a mix?
Here are the possibilities:
1) Mafia-town mix
Then her inactivity could be because of genuine reasons, because it would mean she is not active/inactive depending on her role. Unless she's a jester, of course.
2) Town
If she is active when she's town, then suddenly becoming inactive if she's mafia would be very telling, especially since she's aware you can read her very well, so why would she do this as a strategy? It would be very easy for you to read her if that was the case.
3) Mafia
If she's active when she's mafia and inactive when she's town, then she could be going for a "I'm usually inactive when I'm town and I'm actually mafia in this game so I'll be inactive this game so ShadowsEdge can't read me as well" strategy or she could be genuinely town.

Honestly, it strikes me that you're going after her because she's the only person in this entire game that knows you well and has played with you before, so she would have the easiest time reading you, making her a threat if you're mafia and you want to get rid of her as soon as possible.

!lynch ShadowsEdge

As for the rest, I've read everything in the thread right now and nothing seems particularly suspicious about anyone else, nothing about anyone else tells me "this guy is def scum", but there's nothing that tells me "this guy is def town" about anyone else either for now, so.

Heebus has been active as both Town and Mafia, so suddenly choosing to not be active is a suspicious sign for me. It is completely possible she's Jester. But I think it's highly unlikely that she is, and more likely that she's either Town or Mafia in that stance. I chose the latter, since I didn't see a reason for someone who is Town to decide to not contribute to the conversation.

The point of me lynching Heebus was to get Heebus to talk. I know Heebus pretty well, and while it is suspicious of her to change her playstyle so suddenly, her playstyle doesn't differ all that much. The point of the lynch was to put pressure on Heebus, which is why I told others not to lynch for Heebus immediately, as I wanted to give Heebus the chance to speak. She did, and she did explain to be directly that it was an issue for her to read the posts.

Another note. I never said Heebus was the only one who could read me, I said Heebus was the one who could best read me

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Yeah. I'd probably be the best one to read Heebus, and Heebus would probably be the best to read me. Not only for the fact that we play Mafia together, but since we've known each other for a long time.

There are others who could maybe read me just as well, mainly being 2B, since he and I have known each other for around about a year now. Crybaby would also be someone who would likely be able to read me, since we've known each other for maybe 2 some years (Might have the amount wrong, but I don't really remember when, so if they are wrong, my apologies). Heebus is not the only person who knows me here, it's simply the fact that she's known me the longest that made me claim she would be best to read me.

In any case, in light of her talking and responding to my lynch, I'll be removing the lynch. Since, as I did mention, was only done to put pressure on Heebus to get her to talk. While what she said wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, I don't see any further reason to suspect her, at the moment.

!unvote

ZeldaXD wrote:

Really? This seems like a terrible excuse, if you didn't know how to go to the next page how did you get to the page 2 in the first place?

Side note, she does happen to make mistakes like that, and did seem generally confused when I did talk about the game to her. So that fact lines up.

I mentioned in my post , too, I went after Heebus specifically for the reason that I suspected her significantly more than anyone else on the list. Mainly since her playstyle differered so heavily from previous games, on top of the fact that she chose to sit by. Because of that, I felt it necessary to try to get an opinion out of her, mainly referring to her stance on choosing to sit idly by.

Anyway, sorry for the inactivity, my phone died while I was at practice, so I was unable to read the thread the entire time I was there. Although I did want to post some clarifications before getting back to doing homework. I can still post somewhat if I'm needed, but I'll be doing my homework now.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#200 2019-08-21 07:17:54

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

In case you guys can’t tell what i’ve been doing through my posts so far and let your confusion influence my opinion about me. Allow me to explain. I’m more suspicious about the majority rather than the people who stand alone at this point in the game. Remember that the mafia team is three men strong, they won’t allow us to lynch one of them so easily. This is exactly why i do not suspect people like Slabdrill. If he was a mafia member, would the mafia just stand idly by? No they’d say things like "hmm, we should lynch Zumza instead." Or "Come on, let’s wait for Slabdrill to talk guys!" Interestingly, Mutant has been clearly standing on the side of the "let’s just lynch Slabdrill, no point in waiting" squad. I’m starting to feel a connection between certain members here. More specifically MrJawapa, Mutantdevle and Taskmanager. Mutantdevle seems different in my opinion, like he isn’t as concerned with helping us solve the game. He is very passive about the whole thing, giving out tidbits of helpful information but not really commiting to any different strategies than "Meh, let’s just lynch the afk without bothering to gather more vital data"

I realize it might seem like i’ve been fluctuating a lot with my opinions, but it has all been a part of an extensive data gathering project. Which i am starting to finalize. I no longer suspect 2B55B5G TNG as strongly since he put my thoughts into words with his analyzis of Mutantdevle and MrJawapa. I suggest you guys read those paragraphs in his reads list if you haven’t already, because it is really good.

I do not expect my lone voice to have much of an impact at this stage of the game. But i hope that through the deaths of innocents, people will gradually awaken to the truth and remember my words. I’m saying this now rather than later because i know i am an attractive target for nightkills so i don’t suspect i’ll be living through anymore than at least a couple of nights.

MrJawapa is the most worth looking into in my opinion. He has put people as suspicious without bothering to explain why. Isolate his posts and look at the "early mafia prediction" statements. Even though his arguments seem like they lack a big amount logic, people like Mutant and Taskmanager still back it up. I think voting MrJawapa would give us the most information out of everyone here.
Also if anyone still thinks i’m suspicious (For genuine reasons, not because you are mafia and want me dead) know that this playstyle is very unusual for me. It’s surprising even to myself, i usually remain much more calm and collected once i’m mafia. However, as a townie i feel like i need to be much more involved in the process of weeding out the mafia.

!Vote MrJawapa

peace1567329158761133

Board footer