Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-16 13:22:30

AllenCaspe9510
Website

EE became smoother

Ever since the game went back on again, I quicked went into the game and suddenly, the site changed a lot and the game now feels less lag.
Is this happening to you guys?

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#2 2019-08-16 13:59:16

Kira

Re: EE became smoother

Same. I changed to baby wash and it's a miracle: It got smoother.

Strongly advice you to try it out.

#3 2019-08-16 15:22:34

peace

i think its cause its in minimal now only th egame and the backgroudn image no text and unecreseary links ect

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#4 2019-08-16 15:36:39

mikelolsuperman
Website

It's because the game went from 20 to 10 players at once

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2019-08-16 15:53:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

peace wrote:

i think its cause its in minimal now only th egame and the backgroudn image no text and unecreseary links ect

Lol no, that's not why

Discord: jawp#5123

#6 2019-08-16 19:08:08

peace

mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

why not the mian site used ot have some sot of twitter runnign on th ebackground aswell as some images and some text

peace.png

#7 2019-08-17 05:56:35

Gosha

peace wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

why not the mian site used ot have some sot of twitter runnign on th ebackground aswell as some images and some text

Believe me,  some text on site is not the reason why we lags.

Wooted by:

#8 2019-08-17 10:08:46

peace

Gosha wrote:
peace wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

some images and an twitter in th ebackgorudn not?

peace.png

#9 2019-08-17 18:01:03

Gosha

peace wrote:
Gosha wrote:
peace wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

does your pc have a problem displaying images? Why would you think it slows down ee so much then? EE draws hundreds of images every tick of the game, some images on the site if nothing compared to that

Wooted by:

#10 2019-08-17 19:38:13

peace

Gosha wrote:
peace wrote:
Gosha wrote:
peace wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

does your pc have a problem displaying images? Why would you think it slows down ee so much then? EE draws hundreds of images every tick of the game, some images on the site if nothing compared to that

i dont expierence diffrences not bette rnto worse i wasnt sure btu i thought some twitter on the backgorudn coudl ask some attention aswell

peace.png

#11 2019-08-18 05:20:27

PiotrGrochowski

Gosha wrote:
peace wrote:
Gosha wrote:
peace wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

EE is in Adobe Flash it is heavily optimized you can't have anything near that level of optimization with HTML5. (no offence to EEU developers)

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

#12 2019-08-18 05:30:30

Gosha

PiotrGrochowski wrote:

EE is in Adobe Flash it is heavily optimized you can't have anything near that level of optimization with HTML5. (no offence to EEU developers)

Did you just say Adobe Flash is more optimized than html5? lol.
For this crazy statement I need some actual facts and statistics

Wooted by: (4)

#13 2019-08-18 11:16:03

Charlie59876EE

mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

Why do you think minimal EE was made

When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

Wooted by:

#14 2019-08-18 11:57:12

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Charlie59876EE wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

I think mininal EE makes the game less lag,
or maybe, it doesn't lag anymore because of player.io

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#15 2019-08-18 12:47:23, last edited by Minimania (2019-08-18 12:52:27)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Charlie59876EE wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

he was the one who made minimal EE

EDIT: For clarification. Minimal EE doesnt actually alter the client in anyway. The only difference is in the website layout. Iirc, the social media buttons and the EE image are gone, as well as the blog updates on the bottom. The part of EE that is laggy comes from the client itself

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#16 2019-08-18 13:12:50

Raphe9000

Charlie59876EE wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

This is what I wanna know. Jawapa was in charge of minimal as far as I know to make it run better, and I definitely notice better performance on the minimal version. He should know why it performs better, but all he's said so far is that what makes the minimal version what it is (at least on the user's side) isn't why it runs better.

#17 2019-08-18 13:16:10, last edited by mrjawapa (2019-08-18 13:20:23)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Charlie59876EE wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
peace wrote:

Lol no, that's not why

I made the minimal site.

It was made because people wanted it. Everyone says it has less lag, but I've never seen a difference. However, playing the .exe has always been smoother than playing in the browser.

The amount of stuff on the website shouldn't affect the game. The only thing that should change is how it takes for the website to initially load.

The old site was as simple as it could get, and people still complained of lag. After I overhauled it. Nothing changed, there was still lag.

I would guess it has more to do with the browser. But, really, I have no idea.

#18 2019-08-18 13:19:09

peace

you made a minimal site for no purpose othe rthne osme people wanting it hwile it has no diffrence? good job dude

peace.png

#19 2019-08-18 13:21:22

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

peace wrote:

you made a minimal site for no purpose othe rthne osme people wanting it hwile it has no diffrence? good job dude

Lmao what?

#20 2019-08-18 13:40:02

LukeM
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

I made the minimal site.

It was made because people wanted it. Everyone says it has less lag, but I've never seen a difference. However, playing the .exe has always been smoother than playing in the browser.

The amount of stuff on the website shouldn't affect the game. The only thing that should change is how it takes for the website to initially load.

The old site was as simple as it could get, and people still complained of lag. After I overhauled it. Nothing changed, there was still lag.

Fun fact: The .exe is actually just running a stripped down version of Internet Explorer, so I'd make the same argument about the .exe vs the website as you're making with the minimal and normal websites.

I guess it's possible that one of those seeminly unrelated things like being able to scroll or whatever might for some reason be making a difference, but tbh I don't really see why any of them could run significantly smoother than the others...

#21 2019-08-18 13:45:00

peace

LukeM wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

I made the minimal site.

Fun fact: The .exe is actually just running a stripped down version of Internet Explorer, so I'd make the same argument about the .exe vs the website as you're making with the minimal and normal websites.

I guess it's possible that one of those seeminly unrelated things like being able to scroll or whatever might for some reason be making a difference, but tbh I don't really see why any of them could run significantly smoother than the others...

lukem maby its the fact an twitter acc was runngin in th ebackground?

peace.png

#22 2019-08-18 13:59:41

PiotrGrochowski

Gosha wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:

Did you just say Adobe Flash is more optimized than html5? lol.
For this crazy statement I need some actual facts and statistics

Adobe Flash is designed to run on $0.01 hardware from 1934 while HTML5 is designed to run on the latest 2019-08-18 hardware that costs like $10000000

#23 2019-08-18 14:10:14

LukeM
Website

PiotrGrochowski wrote:
Gosha wrote:

Adobe Flash is designed to run on $0.01 hardware from 1934 while HTML5 is designed to run on the latest 2019-08-18 hardware that costs like $10000000

Just to be clear, this isn't the case.

Flash was designed to run simple animations on full computers, HTML5 is designed to run really complex programs on phones.

#24 2019-08-18 16:52:26

Gosha

Flash was designed to run simple animations and display images. Then people started using it for games and videos, flash wasn't optimized for that in any way, it was just the only way to make sites more interactive. It raise flash's popularity, that's why hundreds of security holes were uncovered. There are literally so many that it's impossible to fix them all just with several updates.

Many companies and developers (mainly Apple with their iphone) refused to preinstall flash on their phones because it opens up a lot of security holes. Iphone weren't able to display all of those flashy animations and games.

HTML5 was literally created to stop flash's suffering. After html5 release, the web became more interactive, because it added support for <canvas> <video> and many other awesome features. Youtube officially switched their flash player to html5 in 2015.

HTML5 is relatively young (it was created around 2012) and it is still being developed, improved and optimized, while flash is garbage no one wants in their place, that's why Abode announced that it stops support for flash.

everyone switches from flash to html5.

and you tell me flash is more optimized than html5? lol.

Wooted by: (3)

#25 2019-08-18 17:04:12

PiotrGrochowski

HTML5 is very CPU intensive, it's even possible to use some extreme operations in it. Windows XP as an x86-optimized Win32-structured system does not allow such extreme operations that make the system slow like Windows 10 is, no wonder both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have no more update support. I would rather use good old optimized software than something that will require me to spend like $1000000000000000 just because my $100000000 hardware is outdated by a few years.

daneeko1566306832759792

Board footer