Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2019-07-24 20:57:48

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Re: ByteArray's weekly development vlogs!

ByteArray wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

From what I've seen of your videos (all of them), I wouldn't have made this assessment. Is it that there are other things that others (Luke) have been working on that just need to be combined with what you're working on or am I overestimating the amount of content that's going to be in the beta version? (Maybe a mix of both?).

I agree that I can definitely be a bit over-optimistic at times, and for all I know this could just be yet another of those times. But from what I've read on here, I do get the impression that many people are expecting a bit more from the closed-beta than will actually be there right at the start.

There will be no shop or payments, but you will see your balance of Jewels & Stardust as calculated by Xenonetix. There will probably be no decorative blocks or backgrounds as they're so simple to add afterward that I wouldn't want them to hold back the release. There won't be very many smiley expressions or accessories, since they're not super important to gameplay. The number of interactive blocks will probably be very limited since we need time to plan how we need the systems to integrate with eachother.

Essentially, we need to focus on the core things that are needed to make it at least playable. Accounts, a few saved worlds per player, physics bugfixes, a new lobby to see your saved worlds and currency, the ability to change your world title, and other smaller things. And I do understand how ridiculous it is that we're still barely at this point even this far into the year. It's absolutely insane.

There's always so much that I hope to accomplish, but I'm always held back by my emotions or whatever. My mind's always so scattered and I have a hard time focusing on the things that need done. I always feeling the looming weight of the future—what if EEU is a complete train-wreck? What if people are disappointed with what we've done after all the support financially? How quickly is it going to be torn to shreds by hackers, ruining it for everybody?

But I push forward against what feels like an impossible obstacle. We can't give up now, not after everything that's happened. Even if some people will be disappointed by how simplistic the initial closed-beta version will be, there will be updates. And eventually we'll be ready to enter the next stage—the public release. That's when we'll have a full gameplay experience, with the shop, more blocks & interactive systems, more smileys, etc.

We can only take this one step at a time, and no matter how slow progress might be, we'll get there eventually.

We will release EE Universe.

gLjTZE1.png

#127 2019-07-24 21:02:50

Luka504

So, let me see if I understood - even after EEU is released, we have to wait even more until it has enough content where it'll be worth playing?

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#128 2019-07-24 21:23:32

peace

Luka504 wrote:

So, let me see if I understood - even after EEU is released, we have to wait even more until it has enough content where it'll be worth playing?

what do you expect form a closed beta? also if they add all in one update can they even make more updates anymore? or will it be a gaem wiht no updates that die sin a year or 2

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#129 2019-07-24 21:31:18

Gosha

Luka504 wrote:

That is exactly right and wrong at the same time.
You are right about needing to wait. Xenonetix gave a lot of promises and then took some of them back because it takes ages to develop even the basics. They are currently working on basics, how smileys should look like, what blocks should be there, hopefully they have functional physics without clipping through blocks at high speeds.
But you are wrong about "being worth playing". That shop, currency, campaigns shenanigans is useless if you want to have real fun in ee.
All you need to have fun is functional physics, builders and players. You can have tons of fun just with that like in old days in ee. Simply adding more stuff doesn't make the game more enjoyable

#130 2019-07-24 21:37:56, last edited by ZeldaXD (2019-07-24 21:38:26)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

gLjTZE1.png

#131 2019-07-24 21:42:10

Gosha

This is golden see what I did there, kira

#132 2019-07-24 23:15:43

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Wooted by: (4)

#133 2019-07-24 23:30:12

Kira

Wooted by:

#134 2019-07-25 00:05:51

NoNK

I died at the end https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#135 2019-07-25 03:54:37

Pqwerty

This reminds me of an episode of Brooklyn 99 where a bunch of kids remix the cops.

#136 2019-07-25 07:16:00

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Gosha wrote:

Campaigns shenanigans is useless if you want to have real fun in ee.

Good thing we don't plan on having Campaigns in EEU. Relatively certain you know of this, so unsure on why you even mentioned it.

Xenonetix_2.png

#137 2019-07-25 07:44:56

Gosha

Xenonetix wrote:
Gosha wrote:

Campaigns shenanigans is useless if you want to have real fun in ee.

Good thing we don't plan on having Campaigns in EEU. Relatively certain you know of this, so unsure on why you even mentioned it.

I was talking in general, you don't need campaigns to have fun in ee. The opposite is true, campaigns, with their hackable rewards, ruin the fun on this sandbox game

#138 2019-07-25 08:36:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I personally quite like campaigns but I totally see why they’ve got to go. Since 2.0 I think a lot of people have been motivated to just build campaign quality worlds rather than just purely whatever they find fun to build.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (4)

#139 2019-07-25 09:55:07

peace

mutantdevle wrote:

I personally quite like campaigns but I totally see why they’ve got to go. Since 2.0 I think a lot of people have been motivated to just build campaign quality worlds rather than just purely whatever they find fun to build.

same iwll happen with featured levels right?

peace.png

#140 2019-07-25 13:41:38

ByteArray

That's too good. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Looking back at the post I see how it comes across a little more dramatic than I necessarily intended, but I'm glad you guys had fun with it. We all needed to let loose a little after the stress of everything lately. And while that doesn't take away from any lasting negative effects of the password leaks, what's done is done. Ultimately there's nothing we can do once that information was leaked.

How they obtained that information is still a mystery, considering we haven't found any compromised code, and there's nothing in the logs on PlayerIO to suggest there were any changes to the site or the game file. We can only guess that they may have found a way to get access to the backend services in a different way that allowed them to swap out files without giving away their presence. I don't know. We're trying to reach out to people who might be able to help, but I wouldn't count on EE coming back if we can't find a way to impede their ability to access the backend.

But throughout this I've been focusing mostly on EEU, and we're working our way closer to the release. Whether it's ready two, three, four, or more weeks from now is something we'll just have to wait and see. But it's coming.

former lead-dev on EE/EEU, 2018—2020
(aka Criobite, Joshua Stone, TechnoWolf99, & LightWolf)

Wooted by:

#141 2019-07-25 13:43:49

peace

ByteArray wrote:

Looking back at the post I see how it comes across a little more dramatic than I necessarily intended, but I'm glad you guys had fun with it. We all needed to let loose a little after the stress of everything lately. And while that doesn't take away from any lasting negative effects of the password leaks, what's done is done. Ultimately there's nothing we can do once that information was leaked.

How they obtained that information is still a mystery, considering we haven't found any compromised code, and there's nothing in the logs on PlayerIO to suggest there were any changes to the site or the game file. We can only guess that they may have found a way to get access to the backend services in a different way that allowed them to swap out files without giving away their presence. I don't know. We're trying to reach out to people who might be able to help, but I wouldn't count on EE coming back if we can't find a way to impede their ability to access the backend.

But throughout this I've been focusing mostly on EEU, and we're working our way closer to the release. Whether it's ready two, three, four, or more weeks from now is something we'll just have to wait and see. But it's coming.

if EE wotn come back wil ther be a way to get acounts transfered to kong?

peace.png

#142 2019-07-25 14:01:26

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Krosis.gif

#143 2019-07-25 19:05:09

kaj93

ByteArray wrote:

So will it be possible to get my levels as .eelvl files for EE Ofline if EE doesn't come back? (It should be because GDPR.)
Even though most are not that important I do have quite a few fond memories of them. I cant seem to open levels in the Kong version using my alt.

#144 2019-07-25 19:50:48

peace

i do wish to see some of my worlds when EEU CB is out and hoping with signs or somesort of block to wirte how to recreate the world sin EEU with the basic bcloks that are in first CB update i can fairly use all colors so thats all fine

peace.png

#145 2019-07-25 21:59:10

Gosha

kaj93 wrote:

(It should be because GDPR.)

We worlds are not your personal information and you don't own them. In terms and conditions it says that levels are the property of ee, not a player, and ee staff can do whatever they want with your worlds. So they created required to do this

#146 2019-07-26 06:48:09

kaj93

Gosha wrote:
kaj93 wrote:

(It should be because GDPR.)

We worlds are not your personal information and you don't own them. In terms and conditions it says that levels are the property of ee, not a player, and ee staff can do whatever they want with your worlds. So they created required to do this

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
Maybe their could be information on signs, but that it farfetched //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad. I don't have my hopes up for a release of EE Offline or Universe with Xenotix in charge anyways, so the levels would probably just become useless files. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Wooted by:

#147 2019-07-26 09:13:47

peace

but onc eits an .eelvl file its completely yours right?

peace.png

#148 2019-07-27 03:14:58

AllenCaspe9510
Website

EEU Shall take over the world

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Wooted by:

#149 2019-07-27 04:54:01

ByteArray

Whether or not worlds would be covered by GDPR, we have always generally had the intention to have some form of an archive for players to obtain a copy of their old worlds once the game was shut down. Of course this happened a little more abruptly than expected, and as a result many worlds might need restored from prior backups due to the corruption from the hacking. So we'll attempt to make sure there's at least some way for you to save the latest clean version of your worlds.

former lead-dev on EE/EEU, 2018—2020
(aka Criobite, Joshua Stone, TechnoWolf99, & LightWolf)

#150 2019-07-27 09:28:37

peace

ByteArray wrote:

Whether or not worlds would be covered by GDPR, we have always generally had the intention to have some form of an archive for players to obtain a copy of their old worlds once the game was shut down. Of course this happened a little more abruptly than expected, and as a result many worlds might need restored from prior backups due to the corruption from the hacking. So we'll attempt to make sure there's at least some way for you to save the latest clean version of your worlds.

if i only get to see my worlds i could use signs and basic blocks in EEU to indicate ho i want them to chnaage due to new blocks in EEU

peace.png

peace1591597617782319

Board footer