Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-14 22:02:11, last edited by Music Man (2020-03-09 01:16:23)

Music Man

#2 2019-06-14 22:38:07

ASDruska

Re: My games (Melody Shuffle released!)

this game is good and easy and i dont know what else to say so im not gonna say anything

cringe ^
based v

Wooted by:

#3 2019-06-14 22:39:34

Minimania
Moderation Team

unknown.png

Very cute little game, a little tedious in the later stages but I had fun overall.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#4 2019-06-14 22:46:37

Sensei1

Really cool! Kinda similar to meat boy.
Sounds and looks great too

Wooted by:

#5 2019-06-14 22:53:53, last edited by TaskManager (2019-06-14 22:55:33)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

this is pretty good
i like the graphics and the soundtrack
i like how every new area has a different soundtrack (red area/factory soundtrack is my favorite) and a new action block and a completely different set of graphics
also walljumping makes literally any game twice as fun

if youre planning on expanding the game with more areas i think it would be a good idea to use all of the action blocks from the previous areas + a new action block for each new area

EDIT: perhaps a level editor with an ability to save/load a level to/from a string would be a nice addition as well

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#6 2019-06-14 22:59:08

mikelolsuperman
Website

It's a good game, I really liked it, there was a glitch in it though, at one point when I died it kept pausing the entire time, I unpaused but it would move 1 frame and then pause again. I don't know how it happened but I could only refresh. It reminds me of super meat boy

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by:

#7 2019-06-15 07:46:14

ShadowsEdge

Really nice game, I love the soundtrack and how well it fits with the game, and like with Taskmanager, my favorite is the Factory Area's theme. But more than that, the game just has a nice feel to it, it's easy to understand the mechanics of it, clear on what the new mechanics do, and overall, was pretty fun to play.

Despite me trying to be a perfectionist and get 0 deaths on all of them it was a great game.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#8 2019-06-15 09:53:23

peace

will check later

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#9 2019-06-15 12:24:56

peace

completed it woudl rate it medium altough th efirst level didnt dtsrt too easy the ful game doesn thave much but is a nice little game made for a 3/5 rating

peace.png

Wooted by:

#10 2019-06-15 14:17:37

Gosha

i liked it

Wooted by: (2)

#11 2019-06-15 19:21:29

Music Man

@ ASDruska, Crybaby, Sensei1, TaskManager, mikelolsuperman, ShadowsEdge, peace, and Gosha; I'm glad you liked it, thanks so much for giving it a play!

TaskManager wrote:

(red area/factory soundtrack is my favorite)

ShadowsEdge wrote:

my favorite is the Factory Area's theme

Makes sense, this was the last one I composed, so I had gotten pretty used to using Famitracker at that point. My personal favorite is the forest theme.

TaskManager wrote:

if youre planning on expanding the game with more areas i think it would be a good idea to use all of the action blocks from the previous areas + a new action block for each new area
EDIT: perhaps a level editor with an ability to save/load a level to/from a string would be a nice addition as well

These are ideas I'm probably gonna save for a possible sequel or future game. I'll keep these suggestions in mind.

mikelolsuperman wrote:

there was a glitch in it though, at one point when I died it kept pausing the entire time, I unpaused but it would move 1 frame and then pause again. I don't know how it happened but I could only refresh.

I'll look into this, thanks for letting me know!

#12 2019-06-15 19:46:36

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

This game's pretty fun. Managed to 0death 2-1 on my first try.

@kirby wtf why'd you actually go get good times

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#13 2019-06-16 03:28:50

Kirby

unknown.png

i have done the thing

#14 2019-06-16 10:07:31

peace

have to add on lvl 1 i was like fk i i wanna get otu an djumped agienst the left wall up unitl i hit a secrwtet block in the sky feelt sad there wasnt a secret area up there fo escaping the world

peace.png

Wooted by:

#15 2019-06-16 10:27:54

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

peace wrote:

have to add on lvl 1 i was like fk i i wanna get otu an djumped agienst the left wall up unitl i hit a secrwtet block in the sky feelt sad there wasnt a secret area up there fo escaping the world

That's the first thing I tried to do when I started playing

i8SwC8p.png

#16 2019-06-16 10:43:02

peace

TaskManager wrote:
peace wrote:

That's the first thing I tried to do when I started playing

yeah i wa sliek **** thi sgame who cares im out diddnt turn out to be working //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

peace.png

#17 2019-06-16 12:37:14

Gosha

I thing i would like to be changed
if you haven't collected any checkpoints and you die, please make it so you would spawn at the start of the level with 0 deaths and time reset.
Because it is a little annoying to press escape and R if you die right at the beginning, just to reset the timer and death count

Wooted by:

#18 2019-06-16 14:14:24

peace

Gosha wrote:

if you haven't collected any checkpoints and you die, please make it so you would spawn at the start of the level with 0 deaths and time reset.
Because it is a little annoying to press escape and R if you die right at the beginning, just to reset the timer and death count

no its the same as you die wiht a checkpoint

peace.png

#19 2019-06-16 14:17:14

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:
Gosha wrote:

He means before touching the first checkpoint. If you try to go for fastest time it's annoying to lose time when you haven't even gotten the first checkpoint.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#20 2019-06-16 14:17:43

ASDruska

peace wrote:
Gosha wrote:

how is it the same thing?

cringe ^
based v

#21 2019-06-16 14:18:18

peace

mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:
Gosha wrote:

He means before touching the first checkpoint. If you try to go for fastest time it's annoying to lose time when you haven't even gotten the first checkpoint.

samethign haooens in for exmaple EE aswell the spawnpoint = checkpoint you died so you deserve your death

peace.png

#22 2019-06-16 16:42:23

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:
Gosha wrote:

samethign haooens in for exmaple EE aswell the spawnpoint = checkpoint you died so you deserve your death

But in this situation spawnpoint =! checkpoint since none are activated. What is happening now is this:
jhGn2xM.gif
What Gosha suggests is this:
dhARM4Z.gif
If you die without having a checkpoint active you would reset since doing all the steps to reset it just does it automatically

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#23 2019-06-16 22:54:20, last edited by Music Man (2019-06-16 23:04:07)

Music Man

Gosha wrote:

I'll probably add this on the first game update, which will hopefully be soon after I fix a few bugs. When I do though, it's gonna be an option you can turn on after beating the game. For people just playing through it and not trying to speedrun or get 0 deaths, I think it makes sense for the timer and deaths to include the times they died before the first checkpoint.

Edit: Or maybe I'll do a speedrun/time trial mode where there are no checkpoints so every death resets the timer, that could be better.

#24 2019-06-22 00:24:56

Music Man

I added a Time Trial mode to make getting high scores easier. It removes checkpoints, resets the timer on death, and allows pressing R to return to the start of the level at any time. Grinding for good times should be less tedious now.

Turn it on in the options menu:
tAH4DFK.png

Wooted by: (3)

#25 2019-06-22 00:35:41

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Music Man wrote:

I added a Time Trial mode to make getting high scores easier. It removes checkpoints, resets the timer on death, and allows pressing R to return to the start of the level at any time. Grinding for good times should be less tedious now.

Turn it on in the options menu:
https://i.imgur.com/tAH4DFK.png

idea for time trials
some of the older games, especially racing games used to have this
the replay with the best time appeared as a ghost player playing through the level along with you
adding that ghost would increase that feeling of competing with yourself to beat your own time and you would constantly see whether you're doing better or worse than your best time in the speedrun

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:
peace1583769349776183

Board footer