Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#401 2019-05-12 20:20:30

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Re: Mafia 24 [Crybaby wins]

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

21: Can you be sure that you genuinely think claiming cop like I did is scummy? Did you start with the assumption that I was a cop and then conclude that I was mafia or did you already think I was mafia and hence think of a reason why mafia would claim cop?

A: It doesn’t really matter. What’s important is to stop the mafia, and the way i see it. This “cop reveal” could be an attempt by the mafia to put their mafia cop on a pedestal. The way you demand absolute trust from the town without actually having any information other than Kirby being townie is ludicrous. I’m starting to wonder if you’re just a bad townie cop which haven’t really thought this through. You know the serial killer is going to target you now right? Why would you be so stupid? You’re obviously going to die or kill the doctor in the next night. And you haven’t even found the serial killer yet.

The SK won't be able to kill him if the doctor protects.

mutantdevle wrote:

It makes no sense at all for a mafia cop to fake claim cop.

As a cop, I can investigate people and learn their alignment. The seer investigates people and learns their role. The mafia role cop investigates people and learns their role. Seer and mafia role cop are exactly the same. By your own argument, it would make more sense for me to claim seer.

Quote from mafia cop rolecard: "Possible results: Role/Vanila/Nothing"

suddenly random sig change

#402 2019-05-12 20:21:44

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

...right i cant edit

about that second point, it says "You will be told of that player have a power role." where "of" is a misspelling of "if". Also the seer lacks the "Possible results" line. So I think the role cop only sees IF someone has a power role and not what that power role is.

suddenly random sig change

#403 2019-05-12 20:30:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Slabdrill wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

It makes no sense at all for a mafia cop to fake claim cop.

As a cop, I can investigate people and learn their alignment. The seer investigates people and learns their role. The mafia role cop investigates people and learns their role. Seer and mafia role cop are exactly the same. By your own argument, it would make more sense for me to claim seer.

Quote from mafia cop rolecard: "Possible results: Role/Vanila/Nothing"

Oops, my mistake. Sorry for criticising you on that front Norweiganboy

But now I dont know whether I should be town reading him... :/

Okay, I've thought about it, and my view on Norweiganboy being town is no longer locked. However, his initial response to my questions satisfied me enough to want my vote elsewhere for now. Unless his next response is terrible that is.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#404 2019-05-12 20:39:19

Zumza

I wonder if TaskManager was murdered by the SK. And mafia tried killing the SK.
Therefore, imo Mutant should check Diff tonight. And everyone should avoid visiting Luka.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#405 2019-05-12 20:40:46

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I think everyone should target Kirby, and we'll watch the town implode.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#406 2019-05-12 20:51:09

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Current votecount:
[1] Luka504: ILikeTofuuJoe
[1] NorwegianboyEE: Kirby
[1] ILikeTofuuJoe: Zumza
[4] mutantdevle: NorwegianboyEE, peace, Onjit, Luka504

7 votes needed for majority.

A bit more than 16 hours left.

Wooted by: (4)

#407 2019-05-12 21:00:58

Zumza

I think we have a scum-o-meter from everyone but from mrjawapa, at this point, or am I mistaking?

#408 2019-05-12 21:09:31

Zumza

The doctor must protect mutant, there are no excuses. If mutant is found dead, then peace lied, there is no doctor, and peace is mafia. IMO

#409 2019-05-12 21:23:51

peace

cop can see aligment mafia town or sk yet serr can see role aswell

mutant how can you be sure role cop checke dyou and not one of the other 12 people?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#410 2019-05-12 21:38:40

Zumza

Peace, sorry, but, do you understand what is being said here, or do you read as you write?

#411 2019-05-12 21:39:15

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Zumza wrote:

I think we have a scum-o-meter from everyone but from mrjawapa, at this point, or am I mistaking?

Give me a few hours. I'll read over everything and give you my opinion.

Wooted by:

#412 2019-05-12 22:42:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

mutant how can you be sure role cop checke dyou and not one of the other 12 people?

I tend to get targetted by those kinds of things on EE mafia.

We're nearing the end of the day so we need to get a lynch going soon.

I'm leaning more towards Onjit, Luka or toffuJoe but if anyone has a case to make on anyone then now is the time to do it.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#413 2019-05-12 22:48:01

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

More endless replies to Mutantdevle: [PART 1]

Hidden text

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#414 2019-05-12 22:52:04

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Confirmed Town:
- Kirby

I'm fairly confident are town:
-Zumza
-Different55

Kinda liking:
- mrjawapa
- NorwegianboyEE
- Slabdrill

I'm suspicious of but would prefer to investigate further before seriously considering:
- peace
- 2B55B5G TNG

People I'd vote for without much convincing:
- Onjit
- Luka504
- ILikeTofuuJoe

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#415 2019-05-12 22:57:59

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Okay, here's my scum list:

NorwegianboyEE
Different55
Zumza

peace
2B55B5G TNG
Onjit
mutantdevle
Kirby

Luka504
Slabdrill
ILikeTofuuJoe

Green is town
Red is scum
No color am unsure

Omfg

Making posts on mobile is damn near impossible.

Wooted by:

#416 2019-05-12 23:00:00

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I would love to provide reasoning but im really busy

Dont kill me today, and ill tell you why i think onjit and kirby are 100% definitely without a doubt mafia.

#417 2019-05-12 23:01:46

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia?

#418 2019-05-12 23:03:39

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Alright, in hind sight I should have just not posted those. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

I hardly have the time to participate. If there's a replacement who can contribute more, feel free to replace me. Otherwise, I may not post again until thursday afternoon.

#419 2019-05-12 23:11:26

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

MrJawapa wrote:

Onjit
Kirby

MrJawapa wrote:

Green is town

MrJawapa wrote:

Dont kill me today, and ill tell you why i think onjit and kirby are 100% definitely without a doubt mafia.

Is this an freudian slip?

#420 2019-05-12 23:23:18

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Is this an freudian slip?

No. This is Patrick.

Wooted by: (3)

#421 2019-05-12 23:53:35

Kirby

crud yea cohort

!unvote
!lynch Luka504

#422 2019-05-12 23:54:15

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Only the last 2 paragraphs of this post are somewhat relevant to everyone
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Mafia buddies: Right now i’m suspecting Kirby mainly. I’m also worried about certain suspicions you and Different55 are having on Luka504.
Also i don’t think inactivity is a foolproof defense. Mafia members can be afk too.

I more meant that I was super willing to see through a lynch on Diff's slot. It wasn't a defence in that GreenyMix was inactive, it was an attempt to highlight that I didn't need to risk a mafia buddy like that. As a general rule, if the only scummy thing that someone has done is be associated with someone else, you probably shouldn't be scum reading them. I can understand the point of view that me and Kirby could be a team, but I don't think Diff should be dragged into it.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

This is going to sound like a real **** excuse. But the reason i didn’t answer your huge questionnaire immediately is that i have ADHD, and this means commitment issues. I thought about answers to your questions in my head all day, but the thought of spending half an hour to sit down and manage all of my thoughts into textual form made me nauseous. So i didn’t reply at all because of the scale of your questions, then you started adding ON and ON with even more questions hidden in long analysis essays that would require from me: long-winded answers. So i eventually said **** it and just plainly asked you to simplify the questions for me and put them in a plain and easy to read form. That’s how i managed to sit down and reply to that huge mess of questions. Let me add that i don’t have problems with long texts as long as i am entertained by what i am reading, but yeah. Putting it bluntly, some of your questions were a real bore to analyze and answer. I also can get too obsessive sometimes, or impulsive, i’ll admit it. But enough about the personal problems. I just want you to know where my behaviour comes from. So if my reply takes forever, consider whether you are making it easy for the person you are trying to extract information from.

No problem dude, I understand. I'll keep this in mind for the rest of this game and any future ones. I'll try not to overload you with too much at once and maybe try to make my messages a little more entertaining //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It honestly was a hateful thing to do. And the fact that you are surprised about people voting on you for it is making me even more surprised. I know you simply tried to be funny, but certain things that people believe is just a “joke” can seriously damage other people. You made yourself look like a bully.

Sorry man, I didn't realise I hurt you beyond the boundaries of the game. I didn't even think that the image was anywhere close to being offensive. Perhaps the intent of it wasn't clear enough? The image was simply representing the phrase "digging your own grave", in other words, I intended it as nothing more than just a statement that I thought you were making things worse for yourself by voting for me. The message "time for you to die" was not meant in any literal or offensive way, it was intended as a jokey way of saying "it's time for you to be lynched in the game". I'm sorry if I seriously damaged or hurt you in any way as that was not the purpose of that, or any other, post.

Also, I don't think that anyone is voting me over that image. I was under the impression that both Onjit and Luka are voting for me because they both don't believe my claim and peace is voting for me because... well he's peace.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Ok so, it’s… just natural i suppose? I have a suspicion list… You have a lynching list. I know i’m town, we completely disagree on who we should lynch… Hey, maybe this guy is the mafia?

Yeah I get the logic. We clearly don't have the same mindset so it's logical to conclude that it could be because we have different alignments. However, I'd like to just warn against the premise. Thinking someone is mafia because they disagree with you is a very dangerous thing to do. Sometimes, disagreement can be a sign of a mafia. But more often than not it simply comes from a difference in playstyle.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

And my goal isn’t to lynch 1 single mafia. It’s to identify them all. What’s better? To lynch 1 mafia, then get night killed with no more information. Or logically deduce who the other mafia are, from the one identified mafia?

Yeah of course. But if you have 2 people that you think are more directly related to each other it's always best to lynch one of them, or at least heavily push one of them, to see how the other reacts. That's what gives more weight to your theory. And the problem is, you need one of them to flip to make people believe your theory. If you think 2 people are mafia together and 1 person has already flipped as mafia then people are more likely to agree with you that the second person might be mafia.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

This leads me to another point of concern however, what’s going to stop the mafia roleblocker from simply blocking your investigation on every single turn? Are you sure you really thought this move through? Because i’m having increasing doubts the more i think about it. What’s going to happen, assuming your role is real. Is that the doctor will protect you, and the mafia roleblocker will block you on every turn. How is this supposed to help the town? You’ve basically made yourself useless, instead of taking a minor gamble of staying hidden and investigating as much as possible. You’ve made yourself aware to the mafia roleblocker presence and completely uselessified yourself. Meanwhile the mafia is going to kill like never before, not having to worry about you even exposing them. Sooner or later they’ll kill the doctor and you’ll be easy prey. Was this your great plan? Like i’ve said before, either you are a complete failure of a cop. Or you are fake claiming.

I think what you need to understand is that I thought that the mafia role cop received the result of people's exact roles: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Role_Cop. The version of role cop that Railmat is using in this game is more commonly (and less confusingly) referred to as a vanilla cop. As a result, I thought that a role that powerful was guaranteed to be used on me. Hence, I thought the mafia already knew my role. And if they knew my role, they were either going to kill me or keep roleblocking me anyway. However, that's not the case, and it's since been explained to me that the mafia role cop only gets the result of "vanilla" or "PR". So I'm willing to bet that the mafia still knew that I was a PR, they just didn't know which one.

If I had realised exactly how the mafia cop worked I'm not so sure I would have claimed. However, I still think that having done so that it was the right thing to do. I'm very sure that my chances of being killed during night 2 would have been really high and, by claiming, that has been majorly reduced. I doubt the mafia would have let me live after seeing I'm a PR (assuming they'd still investigated me) even if they didn't know I was specifically the cop. Another more town-wide benefit is that the mafia roleblocker now has to focus on me which would allow our potential seer to get a result ever night. Additionally, on the odd chance that our roleblocker blocks their roleblocker, I could still get a result. It would also give our role blocker a result as they'd know the person they blocked that night is the mafia roleblocker. Additionally, the doctor could still prevent a kill. There's no guarantee that the doctor is on me since not everyone believes my claim. As a result, the mafia may still try to kill me which would then be prevented by the doctor. Alternatively, the doctor could gamble under the assumption that the mafia won't attack me because they think I'm protected and hence stop someone else from being killed. Besides, I think it's a handy thing to have Kirby confirmed as town. He's definitely someone who is harder to sort but has good contributions. Y'all now don't need to worry about figuring him out and can know that everything he says is motivated by a town alignment. Finally, if we kill the mafia roleblocker then I become very useful again. So there's still a lot of benefits to us having me claimed. I don't really appreciate being called a failure of a cop. If the mafia role worked like I thought it did then claiming today was most definitely the right thing to do. Even though it doesn't, it's still pretty similar which means that I still think it is better that I'm claimed.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#423 2019-05-13 00:02:29

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kirby wrote:

!lynch Luka504

Kirby I have an important question, do you think Luka is mafia or the SK?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#424 2019-05-13 00:27:50

Different55
Forum Admin

mutantdevle wrote:

I can understand the point of view that me and Kirby could be a team, but I don't think Diff should be dragged into it.

Yeah I'm independently stupid and can get myself lynched without any help tyvm.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#425 2019-05-13 00:38:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Hey diff, since you're here, could you elaborate on why you think Luka is the SK?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

peace1558678879751034

Board footer