Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-24 19:24:32, last edited by Raphe9000 (2019-04-24 21:44:01)

Raphe9000

Health

This is something I think would benefit EEU more than EE, but it would work well for EE too. It's 3 action blocks that work very well together: The heart effect, the force reset block, and the save point block.

Heart Effect: UnUN9W0.png or 296NDAJ.png
With this effect, you would be given a number of hearts (the amount would be customizable like with the double-jump effect), you would lose one heart when touching a hazard. Instead of dying though, the you survive with a short grace-period. If you lose all hearts, you die. The user would still instantly die after a zombie, curse, or poison timer runs out. With toxic waste, I'd see it either where you lose your hearts quickly without a grace period or still with the grace period in between, even if there's no chance to recover. With lava, I'd see it where you either die immediately after lava's built-in grace period, you get lava's built-in grace period for the amount of hearts you have, or in-between where you get the lava's grace period before taking damage and your hearts' grace period after. As implied earlier, someone with hearts can still get zombie, curse, and poison effects though, allowing zombies that can go through spikes and other wacky creations.

Savepoint: 2cVJMm3.png
In EEU, this could act as an actual save-point between play sessions, but it would only act as a save-point within sessions in EE. Essentially, it is a checkpoint that persists between resets, but it has a few different properties. It turns green permanently when activated unless you touch another savepoint, but you can hit it as many times as you want after activation to save again. It acts as a checkpoint until you touch another checkpoint or savepoint, but its real use is after you reset. It saves everything you had when you touched it (including switches activated) except deaths and any checkpoints other than the savepoint, and you respawn there. If you touch it with 4 coins and reset after getting a fifth, you will be respawned there with 4. The reason you lose deaths and other checkpoints is because I can see it being used with death-counters, and it will act as your checkpoint when you reset.

Force Reset: F3qYytq.png
I just inverted the reset point texture because it makes the biggest difference. It acts just like a normal reset point but isn't activated. This just streamlines things and makes more sense if resetting isn't as big of a deal with something that persists between them.

Now why these 3 things? Well, they're meant to streamline multiple things. The heart effect opens up whole new doors with platforming, killing effects, and tons of other gameplay options. It can make zombies more balanced in HvZ worlds, act as a fair easy-mode, etc. I thought of the Savepoint as a way to further this effect (no pun intended) because I could see less ways to die with more punishing deaths, but it also does a lot because coins can be put into minis in a better way, respawn points wouldn't need things that remove effects, etc., but that too depends on the force reset since many simple mechanisms could be made to automate this process using it.

Wooted by: (5)

#2 2019-04-24 19:36:22

Anatoly

Re: Health

This is actually a great idea to implement hearts this way, undercover peace!

#3 2019-04-24 20:16:05

Minimania
Moderation Team

This would make it possible to make much cooler puzzles, cooler minis, and even adventure worlds would be cooler too, though there should also be a heart block that can, say, being your total hearts from 2/3 to 2/2 for example.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2019-04-24 21:35:55

peace

what does force reset blcok do? i dont get it fully alos why remove deaths on the 'save point' and why insta die from zombie ect you can just steal one heart right?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#5 2019-04-24 21:58:05, last edited by Raphe9000 (2019-04-24 21:58:42)

Raphe9000

Crybaby wrote:

though there should also be a heart block that can, say, being your total hearts from 2/3 to 2/2 for example.

If you're talking about permanently removing lost health, that could probably be easily done in-game too. Adding health without setting it may be harder though.

peace wrote:

what does force reset blcok do?

It's like the normal reset block but activates by you touching it instead of you pressing Y.

peace wrote:

i dont get it fully alos why remove deaths on the 'save point'

Many games give a 'game over' if you reach a certain amount of deaths. I'm guessing the save point could be used for that by people, and it's always good to have a value that doesn't act like the others as to increase uses. If deaths don't carry over, the following can happen:

• It can be used as a soft restart.

• Deaths can be controlled, and excess deaths can be eliminated.

• It can act as a way to lower a numerical value, making it usable in currency systems that we currently only have orange and purple gates for.

• Game-over or, on the contrary, multiple-try systems could be implemented with ease.

• Fun campaign stuff can be done with lives.

Deaths also can't be decreased despite not being physical like coins, so this would be a good way to implement that without directly implementing a death-remover. I can go on and on.

peace wrote:

and why insta die from zombie ect you can just steal one heart right?

You don't die instantly; you die when the timer runs out. If you only lost a heart, the whole system would be broken. In the current situation, hearts would actually work with zombies very well. If you just went back to normal and lost a heart, then you just lost a heart after what generally is over a minute of waiting. You could also break multiple things if it didn't kill you after the timer ran out, so I think it's a good compromise. It adds emphasis to the power of curses, zombie, and poison effects too whilst ensuring a way to kill a player with hearts.

#6 2019-04-24 23:59:13

Minimania
Moderation Team

Raphe9000 wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

though there should also be a heart block that can, say, being your total hearts from 2/3 to 2/2 for example.

If you're talking about permanently removing lost health, that could probably be easily done in-game too. Adding health without setting it may be harder though.

peace wrote:

what does force reset blcok do?

It's like the normal reset block but activates by you touching it instead of you pressing Y.

peace wrote:

i dont get it fully alos why remove deaths on the 'save point'

Many games give a 'game over' if you reach a certain amount of deaths. I'm guessing the save point could be used for that by people, and it's always good to have a value that doesn't act like the others as to increase uses. If deaths don't carry over, the following can happen:

• It can be used as a soft restart.

• Deaths can be controlled, and excess deaths can be eliminated.

• It can act as a way to lower a numerical value, making it usable in currency systems that we currently only have orange and purple gates for.

• Game-over or, on the contrary, multiple-try systems could be implemented with ease.

• Fun campaign stuff can be done with lives.

Deaths also can't be decreased despite not being physical like coins, so this would be a good way to implement that without directly implementing a death-remover. I can go on and on.

peace wrote:

and why insta die from zombie ect you can just steal one heart right?

You don't die instantly; you die when the timer runs out. If you only lost a heart, the whole system would be broken. In the current situation, hearts would actually work with zombies very well. If you just went back to normal and lost a heart, then you just lost a heart after what generally is over a minute of waiting. You could also break multiple things if it didn't kill you after the timer ran out, so I think it's a good compromise. It adds emphasis to the power of curses, zombie, and poison effects too whilst ensuring a way to kill a player with hearts.

No, not losing lost health. I mean, losing a total possible number of hearts. My example failed to explain it properly but what I'm trying to say is, the maximum number of hearts you can have can go down or up. In Doki Doki Panic (or what's known in America as Super Mario Bros 2), you can collect hearts that add to the total number of health you can have.

So like.... if you have 2/5 health, you can gain a heart and now you have 3/5 health, OR you can now have 2/6 health. The other way around. A "broken heart" can make you go from 2/5 health to 1/5 health, or perhaps go from 2/5 health to 2/4 health. Hopefully what I'm saying is more clear now

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#7 2019-04-25 00:29:05

Raphe9000

Crybaby wrote:

No, not losing lost health. I mean, losing a total possible number of hearts. My example failed to explain it properly but what I'm trying to say is, the maximum number of hearts you can have can go down or up. In Doki Doki Panic (or what's known in America as Super Mario Bros 2), you can collect hearts that add to the total number of health you can have.

So like.... if you have 2/5 health, you can gain a heart and now you have 3/5 health, OR you can now have 2/6 health. The other way around. A "broken heart" can make you go from 2/5 health to 1/5 health, or perhaps go from 2/5 health to 2/4 health. Hopefully what I'm saying is more clear now

Ah. A block that does that would help. Some portal stuff could be done too, but that's about it outside of a block.

#8 2019-04-25 09:34:34

peace

Raphe9000 wrote:

coisncant de decreased too unless owner removes a coin

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#9 2019-04-25 11:28:52

Raphe9000

peace wrote:

coisncant de decreased too unless owner removes a coin

But there is an actual game limitation there that deaths don't possess, and the save point would let you decrease both. It decreases deaths by resetting them, and it can decrease coins because it just brings you to a state before you collected those coins.

Raphe90001556188132747314

Board footer