Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-18 02:50:57

Corndog

Basic info about Staff and thanking them

This message contains positive things about the Staff and I will not discriminate any Staff member(s). Let's start off with the basics about Staff. There are four different kinds of Staff (supporters do not count). There are Moderators, Designers, Developers, and the Campaign Teams. Each of them have different roles. The Moderator Team takes care of the game from pesky players that have came across bad/unprofessional behaviors. They can do potential bans. The Designer Team helps out creating the textures of smileys, blocks, and much more. They're helping out making Everybody Edits Universe at this moment. The Developer Team helps out with developing the game and making the game's engine more successful. They also program what stuff do in the game. And last but not least, the Campaign Team. They create campaigns for the EE community. They also want to give you challenges and you can earn rewards after completion. I like to thank GRANDSWORDSMAN26, ZOEY2070, LRUSSELL, KIRBY, MASTER1, TIRALMO, LUKEM, BYTEARRAY, CERCUL1, KOYA, and KENTIYA. The Staff are making a big impact on EE. Even designers, they're making their biggest impact on EEU, designing and making EEU! Xenonetix is also the one to thank. He deserves more credit for the game going in the right direction. EEU will also make a big impact on him.

#2 2019-04-18 06:43:28

peace

Re: Basic info about Staff and thanking them

xeno good owner i kind ahope xeno stays owner forever (hjes young if im rihgt he can keep ee for some much years) eventhogu the recent things happened i feel good things in xeno ive seen xeno more then NVD/NOU in game

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2019-04-18 06:46:04

Minimania
Moderation Team

Don't forget the M.A.G.I.C steps to becoming a staff member.

M. you're
A. not
G. gonna,
I. stop
C. asking

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#4 2019-04-18 07:57:57

Anatoly

Crybaby wrote:

M. you're
A. not
G. gonna,
I. stop
C. asking

There's also the ABC rule:

A You
B won't
C become

#5 2019-04-18 08:07:31

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Crybaby wrote:

M. you're
A. not
G. gonna,
I. stop
C. asking

Those words doesn’t even match the first letter of the initial "M.A.G.I.C" line. What a fail. I have no choice but to deem you a L.O.S.E.R.
L. Lethargic
O. On
S. Saying
E. Erroneous
R. Ramblings

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#6 2019-04-18 08:13:28, last edited by Minimania (2019-04-18 08:13:51)

Minimania
Moderation Team

hElp my joke isn't funny anymore

(well it probably never was, but eh)

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#7 2019-04-18 10:17:54

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Crybaby wrote:

hElp my joke isn't funny anymore

(well it probably never was, but eh)

Yes. Please feel ashamed of your subpar performance and shameful attempt at humor.
This incident has been logged by the joke police, now signing out.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#8 2019-04-18 10:59:13

XxAtillaxX

Crybaby wrote:

M. you're
A. not
G. gonna,
I. stop
C. asking

Well, that would certainly be true under previous administrations, not necessarily the current one.
In all honesty, it wouldn't be surprising - the current owner loves when people suck up to him and, in some cases, demands it.
(e.g. Phinarose was fired amongst others for criticizing and advising Xeno to be more professional - offered a lesser role back to Phinarose if she ceases her criticism.)

The Patrons have the most likely chance of becoming a moderator, and in the past Chris Lamb talked about how he was considering making becoming a moderator a benefit for large donor Patrons. I talked to him a few days ago before he blocked me, and he told me that the bribe that he'd accept for becoming a moderator would be $12,000 - and Brandon (who is a large donor) will likely reach that threshold. So, I would suggest, if you wish to become a moderator, to stroke his ego and donate a good amount of money. You have the ego stroking down as is evident by his wooting your post, just try to refrain from criticizing him and ideally defend him against all criticism like LukeM, does. (LukeM was fired along with Phinarose for criticism, although unlike Phinarose he did cease his valid criticism and now has a very active role in defending him endlessly, and will continue to be paid for doing so.)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#9 2019-04-18 12:29:21

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Also thanks for the past staff

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#10 2019-04-18 12:34:35

bunglybongle

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

M. you're
A. not
G. gonna,
I. stop
C. asking

Well, that would certainly be true under previous administrations, not necessarily the current one.
In all honesty, it wouldn't be surprising - the current owner loves when people suck up to him and, in some cases, demands it.
(e.g. Phinarose was fired amongst others for criticizing and advising Xeno to be more professional - offered a lesser role back to Phinarose if she ceases her criticism.)

The Patrons have the most likely chance of becoming a moderator, and in the past Chris Lamb talked about how he was considering making becoming a moderator a benefit for large donor Patrons. I talked to him a few days ago before he blocked me, and he told me that the bribe that he'd accept for becoming a moderator would be $12,000 - and Brandon (who is a large donor) will likely reach that threshold. So, I would suggest, if you wish to become a moderator, to stroke his ego and donate a good amount of money. You have the ego stroking down as is evident by his wooting your post, just try to refrain from criticizing him and ideally defend him against all criticism like LukeM, does. (LukeM was fired along with Phinarose for criticism, although unlike Phinarose he did cease his valid criticism and now has a very active role in defending him endlessly, and will continue to be paid for doing so.)

sounds like a new p2w method: pay2mod

#11 2019-04-18 17:26:51

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

The Patrons have the most likely chance of becoming a moderator, and in the past Chris Lamb talked about how he was considering making becoming a moderator a benefit for large donor Patrons. I talked to him a few days ago before he blocked me, and he told me that the bribe that he'd accept for becoming a moderator would be $12,000 - and Brandon (who is a large donor) will likely reach that threshold.

To clarify, $12,000 is the official bribe to become "staff", not necessarily a moderator, because that would guarantee we can attend Gamescom in Germany. That's the target amount needed. We would find the most suitable position for the individual on staff.
Brandon is nowhere close to that, has no intention of reaching that, and has no interest in being staff (as far as I'm aware).

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2019-04-18 18:20:53

Zumza

Xenonetix wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

The Patrons have the most likely chance of becoming a moderator, and in the past Chris Lamb talked about how he was considering making becoming a moderator a benefit for large donor Patrons. I talked to him a few days ago before he blocked me, and he told me that the bribe that he'd accept for becoming a moderator would be $12,000 - and Brandon (who is a large donor) will likely reach that threshold.

To clarify, $12,000 is the official bribe to become "staff", not necessarily a moderator, because that would guarantee we can attend Gamescom in Germany. That's the target amount needed. We would find the most suitable position for the individual on staff.
Brandon is nowhere close to that, has no intention of reaching that, and has no interest in being staff (as far as I'm aware).

I think some other staff members, should take their money back.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#13 2019-04-18 18:23:27

capasha

Xenonetix wrote:

To clarify, $12,000 is the official bribe to become "staff"

I know one guy that would pay that much. But why become a staff on a game that dies 2020 anyway.

Wooted by:

#14 2019-04-18 19:07:57

XxAtillaxX

Xenonetix wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I see. Thank you for the clarification and further demonstrating your propensity for outright bribery and enabling of sycophants. I made several points though, so I don't see why you chose to specifically only address this one.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#15 2019-04-18 19:30:11

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Dang, Atilla. If someone wants to donate $12,000 and fund EE/EEU development for the next 6 months (ballpark figure idk), I'd damn well give em a colourful name and some perks.

In the financial world that's called investment. Xeno's integrity has nothing to do with it.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#16 2019-04-18 20:37:56

XxAtillaxX

Tomahawk wrote:

and fund EE/EEU development for the next 6 months

He stated that it's for attending Gamsecom, not for developing EEU. I don't really care what you'd classify it as personally. In the financial world, large corporate campaign contributions are considered ethical, too. I find it repugnant because it's very reminiscent of bribery and in this instance it shows how willing people are to being **** in the **** and trampled over on the vacuous hope of EEU being delivered.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#17 2019-04-18 20:58:31

soniiiety

Corndog wrote:

This message contains positive things about the Staff and I will not discriminate any Staff member(s).

WHAT why not, you should a littl ebit,

no one is perfect, some of the mods are corrupted or put on false display.

I remember the good ol days when I joined  forum.

it was horrible.

I don't like mods because they make some noobs rage quit and ban them for not knowing the rules or they do not care about the post you made in past/future

well its more complicated than that, but I don't think the staff should be praised like gods.

its not gonna make eeu or ee update any faster, its only for the money.

just like it was for the last dev/mods its called greed

#18 2019-04-18 21:13:44, last edited by Satanya (2019-04-18 21:15:11)

Satanya
Formerly Lunarys

XxAtillaxX wrote:

He stated that it's for attending Gamsecom, not for developing EEU. I don't really care what you'd classify it as personally. In the financial world, large corporate campaign contributions are considered ethical, too. I find it repugnant because it's very reminiscent of bribery and in this instance it shows how willing people are to being **** in the **** and trampled over on the vacuous hope of EEU being delivered.

I don't see the connection, really.

It's typical for investors to receive perks depending on their investment value; big venues like orchestras or parks, for example, add your name to a plaque or a bench, or something, especially for very large donations. Just look at the way Patreon, Kickstarter, and other crowdfunding mediums work; you donate money, you receive things in exchange. The more you donate, the cooler your perk is; in some instances (like with indie movies), you get credited as a producer or executive producer, effectively becoming 'staff.' It's just how it works. Attending Gamescom is great for marketing, which, in turn, boosts visibility for the game, even if a bit. If someone was willing to donate $12,000, then great, they will get benefited. People, in general, aren't so altruistic to donate enormous sums of money without expecting at least some benefits in exchange.

That said, becoming a 'staff member' isn't the same as 'moderator'; you never acknowledge the distinction. Let me do that for you. A sponsor would count as a staff member. An investor would count as one as well. Neither of those two guarantee the same privileges and permissions a moderator has, which is equally understandable. Companies can count large investors as staff, but they don't necessarily grant them the same leadership as the board might have.

You're making an issue over something that happens extremely often in the business world. That's how investments work. 'Bribery' isn't so much an accurate term, but I see it as being used more in jest than utter seriousness. If you consider that a bribe, then sure. That means many companies and investors bribe other companies and corporations for gifts and benefits, even if the application of the term isn't wholly accurate (same as you seem to want to use it.)

Wooted by: (3)

#19 2019-04-18 21:27:32

XxAtillaxX

Lunarys wrote:

wall of text

just because something is commonplace doesn't mean it's ethical nor deserving of respect.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#20 2019-04-18 21:40:08, last edited by Satanya (2019-04-18 21:40:41)

Satanya
Formerly Lunarys

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Lunarys wrote:

wall of text

just because something is commonplace doesn't mean it's ethical nor deserving of respect.

It was actually three walls of texts thank you very much xD

I'm not going to agree or disagree with that, though. All I did was explain the distinction, since you made it sound really negative when it really, really isn't.

Wooted by: (2)

#21 2019-04-18 22:42:10

soniiiety

Lunarys wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
Lunarys wrote:

wall of text

I'm not going to agree or disagree with that, though. All I did was explain the distinction, since you made it sound really negative when it really, really isn't.

actually what you said was agreeing with common greedy people.

atilla made the right choice to say what he did.

#22 2019-04-18 22:57:42

Satanya
Formerly Lunarys

soniiiety wrote:
Lunarys wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
Lunarys wrote:

wall of text

actually what you said was agreeing with common greedy people.

atilla made the right choice to say what he did.

Please point out where I agreed with "common greedy people"?

Satanya1555624662746435

Board footer