Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2019-04-12 17:42:37, last edited by Anatoly (2019-04-12 17:42:55)

Anatoly
Member
From: Germany, Bavaria, Munich
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 6,245

Hide posts from specific people.

Goes in both directions. You don't see what user X posts, but they also won't see your posts.

I'd be very thankful if I and a group of people blocked each other. "Splitting" me away from them is the best what can be done. Isolated, the forum will be less filled with people hating me, and me going backwards to them.

It would also remove all my "I am ahted" topics and their "Anatoly sucks" topic.

Yeah, Tomahawk would stop with EE Memes...

But main thing is, that the forum will dive into peace again. I won't see any posts about me. They won't see any "trash".

Also for the close future suggesting to censor out "anatoly" of all posts for the sake of temporary safety.


Edit: Due to the bad manner of the topic, it will be insta-locked.


Best regards,
y51lcgx.png
Graphics | Signatures
Anatoly.

Offline

#2 2019-04-12 18:10:02

eleizibeth
Member
Joined: 2017-06-29
Posts: 196

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

sorry i had to make a new topic, i would've replied to anatoly's but he locked it

Anatoly wrote:

But main thing is, that the forum will dive into peace again. I won't see any posts about me. They won't see any "trash".

an action that would have the literal exact same effect would be permbanning you from the forums.

Anatoly wrote:

Goes in both directions. You don't see what user X posts, but they also won't see your posts.

on a more serious note, i think that blocking people's posts wouldn't be a bad idea. there should be a dropdown thing to show it if you'd like, so you aren't confused because you missed a blocked post.
regarding "they also won't see your posts," i don't think that people should be blocked from seeing other users' posts without choosing not to, that's kinda stupi d


a.png?width=400&height=125

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2019-04-12 18:21:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,770

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

Instalocking a topic because you predict that people will derail it
This is a whole new level
I think "muting" people on forums is a bad idea because context missing
What doesn't let you ignore their posts anyway?


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2019-04-12 19:24:19

Anatoly
Member
From: Germany, Bavaria, Munich
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 6,245

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

TaskManager wrote:

What doesn't let you ignore their posts anyway?

It’s hard to ignore every post on this forums...

Also, lock this topic, before Luka and his gang will come.


Best regards,
y51lcgx.png
Graphics | Signatures
Anatoly.

Offline

#5 2019-04-12 19:28:32

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,456

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

Anatoly that's so mean of you. How can you harass me in cold blood like that???


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#6 2019-04-12 19:30:34

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,260

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

Anatoly wrote:

It’s hard to ignore every post on this forums...

To that, I say you are wrong. It's easy to ignore every post on the forums by not going on the forums at all.

Anatoly wrote:

Also, lock this topic, before Luka and his gang will come.

Locking topics isn't going to solve problems.


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

#7 2019-04-12 19:31:12

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,770

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

Anatoly wrote:

It’s hard to ignore every post on this forums...

Then don't visit the forums at all

Anatoly wrote:

Also, lock this topic, before Luka and his gang will come.

This is not your topic. Not anymore at least. You have to realize that locking topics left and right won't always be the magic key to avoiding criticism


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#8 2019-04-12 19:33:50

eleizibeth
Member
Joined: 2017-06-29
Posts: 196

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

Anatoly wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

What doesn't let you ignore their posts anyway?

It’s hard to ignore every post on this forums...

Also, lock this topic, before Luka and his gang will come.

why should i lock this topic? i want to discuss this suggestion because it's been brought up many times.


a.png?width=400&height=125

Offline

#9 2019-04-12 20:50:45

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,696

Re: Hide posts from specific people.


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.pngKFPwcx.jpg

Offline

#10 2019-04-12 20:55:56

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,644
Website

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

We know but Anatoly made a different topic about it (which was locked and caused this thread to get made)


Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#11 2019-04-12 22:03:06, last edited by Tomahawk (2019-04-12 23:27:09)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: BiH
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,085

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

Merged Ele's thread with Anatoly's.

Please don't instalock topics.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't unlock it.


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

#12 2019-04-13 11:40:13

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,704

Re: Hide posts from specific people.

So basically what you want Anatoly, is to completely segregate the forum by creating a splinter group? The "We like Anatoly" club and the "We don't like Anatoly" club?
I think you should just make your own forum in that case. The Everybody Edit's forums wasn't purely created for you. If some people here don't like you it's going to be your problem, and you're responsible for resolving that issue. My biggest problem with you is that you're selfish. You create this big bloated solution that would be an major inconvenience for everyone using the forums just because you can't handle the drama created by your own making, then you close your own suggestion topic because you don't even want any discussion or suggestions for how we can resolve what you perceive as "people hating Anatoly". The impression one gets is that when dealing with you it's always going to be your way or the highway. Which just adds further fuel to "the drama", whether that was your intention or not.


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

NorwegianboyEE1555152013745776

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1566567047.2107 - Generated in 0.047 seconds, 13 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.51 MiB (Peak: 1.7 MiB) ]