Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-10 22:04:49

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: What's the Purpose of Life to You?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Loganyoshi wrote:

Who hurt you?

Can people stop using this phrase? It's condescending, stupid, and all in all just a **** lazy insult.
I get that you like memes Loganyoshi, and you probably said that because you thought it'd be funny. But you're so much better than this!
Ignoring how incoherent and rambly 272's post is, he still wrote something creative. You gotta step up your game if you want to pwn him!

You hear this one a lot, don't you?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#27 2019-04-10 22:38:08

Yu

272 wrote:

A'right peeps, every now and then I have a little informant link me to an interesting topic on the forums, and so big daddy two-seven-two has come to discuss...uhh...whatever the hell this topic is.

"Purpose of life" this time, eh? Lemme just add a new "category" onto your extraordinarily limited number of ideas - Nothing. It depends on your question though, I suppose. For example, if your question is, "How does life exist," then the answer is through chemistry, evolution, and a little bit of luck. If you're asking, "why does life exist," then you will never actually find a true, factual answer. Therefor, the best answer I can give you, is that the answer is null.

To understand where I'm coming from, remind yourself of the fact that we are one planet of eight in our star system of at least 200 billion stars in our galaxy, of at least a hundred billion galaxies in just our observable universe.

To ask why life exists is to ask why anything exists at all. The fact of the matter is, anything that has a point of beginning, also must somewhere have a point of ending. If there was a reason for existing, it would also have to have a reason for ending. However, because it all eventually ends anyway, even if there was a true answer, there'd be no point in finding it, for eventually, we would die, and then the answer would be lost anyway.

Therefor, my answer to "What is the purpose of life?", is "What is the purpose of the question?".

I suppose if what you meant is actually just, "What is the meaning of life?", then the answer is 42.

Time to poof until another topic gets sent to me.

"What's the purpose of life to you?" was the question. Purpose of life is a subjective thing--it varies from person to person.

There's literally nothing wrong with asking a question like this, especially if you get to see what our community thinks of their lives. If anything seeks a purpose, it's your comment.

#28 2019-04-10 22:49:32

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Crybaby wrote:

You hear this one a lot, don't you?

Just once.
I didn’t really care at first because of how asinine the phrase is, but i really respect Loganyoshi as an person. So it made me sad to see him trying to replicate the speech of lameos. Just trying to better the character and humor of people i see potential in.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#29 2019-04-11 02:10:36, last edited by Loganyoshi (2019-04-11 02:11:21)

Loganyoshi

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Loganyoshi wrote:

Who hurt you?

Can people stop using this phrase? It's condescending, stupid, and all in all just a **** lazy insult.
I get that you like memes Loganyoshi, and you probably said that because you thought it'd be funny. But you're so much better than this!
Ignoring how incoherent and rambly 272's post is, he still wrote something creative. You gotta step up your game if you want to pwn him!

I honestly don't know how to take this in, but sorry that you found this phrase to be degenerative.
I've literally only seen one other person say this phrase, and so have you, and I guess I'm just surprised. I honestly did not expect for someone to berate something as silly and dumb as the phrase, "Who hurt you?", but here we are now.
I appreciate your criticism though, and will keep this in mind from now on. I highly respect you as well, and appreciate your concern for me, so thank you.

I think... I think I'm just going to go sit down for a few minutes now...

Wooted by:

#30 2019-04-11 02:27:38, last edited by Tomahawk (2019-04-11 09:36:57)

HeyNK

NYPcjcL.gif 8L5Erel.gif

Time to get banned lol

MODMERGE:
Rumia.gif

waaaaaaaaaaaaahahahha

#31 2019-04-11 02:33:08

Joeyc

purpose of life is tetris, growth

Wooted by:

#32 2019-04-11 14:58:24, last edited by 272 (2019-04-11 15:08:58)

Yu wrote:

"What's the purpose of life to you?" was the question. Purpose of life is a subjective thing--it varies from person to person.

There's literally nothing wrong with asking a question like this, especially if you get to see what our community thinks of their lives. If anything seeks a purpose, it's your comment.

Holy **** ****... BUDDY, am I seriously going to have to dumbify my already clear and amazing post that clearly states that it is adding a new category, "Nothing." The whole goddamn point of it was to explain that not everything needs a purpose. I think in a very logical mindset, so when I see people searching for a purpose, I question why having a purpose matters so much. Literally, I wasted a lot of my own goddamn life trying to find a purpose, and holy **** if there's one thing I regret it's trying to find an answer to an unanswerable question. I don't have a purpose to live to state one, but I still live anyway, because as an atheist, I find death to be rather ****.

I should just stop posting here period, because I swear I hate having to dumbify my crap just to make it understandable to the average forum user.

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

#33 2019-04-12 00:43:04

Yu

272 wrote:
Yu wrote:

Holy **** ****... BUDDY, am I seriously going to have to dumbify my already clear and amazing post that clearly states that it is adding a new category, "Nothing." The whole goddamn point of it was to explain that not everything needs a purpose. I think in a very logical mindset, so when I see people searching for a purpose, I question why having a purpose matters so much. Literally, I wasted a lot of my own goddamn life trying to find a purpose, and holy **** if there's one thing I regret it's trying to find an answer to an unanswerable question. I don't have a purpose to live to state one, but I still live anyway, because as an atheist, I find death to be rather ****.

I should just stop posting here period, because I swear I hate having to dumbify my crap just to make it understandable to the average forum user.

I mean, you can make life out to be anything.

Well, my condolensces. Hopefully you can find or create a purpose soon! After all, having a goal is a strong drive--taking advantage of your life to its fullest.

#34 2019-04-12 06:08:31

Anatoly

You Yu is my purpose to life.

#35 2019-04-12 06:19:47

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Happiness

Happiness is like the basic foundation of life. I mean, what is the point of your life when you live in torture? Without happiness, we wouldn't have friends, we wouldn't be creating things, we wouldn't have the motivation to do most things. Happiness is the secondary need, under the need to survival. That is what makes it so important.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#36 2019-04-14 22:48:02, last edited by Loganyoshi (2019-04-14 22:49:39)

Loganyoshi

272 wrote:

A'right peeps, every now and then I have a little informant link me to an interesting topic on the forums, and so big daddy two-seven-two has come to discuss...uhh...whatever the hell this topic is.

"Purpose of life" this time, eh? Lemme just add a new "category" onto your extraordinarily limited number of ideas - Nothing. It depends on your question though, I suppose. For example, if your question is, "How does life exist," then the answer is through chemistry, evolution, and a little bit of luck. If you're asking, "why does life exist," then you will never actually find a true, factual answer. Therefor, the best answer I can give you, is that the answer is null.

To understand where I'm coming from, remind yourself of the fact that we are one planet of eight in our star system of at least 200 billion stars in our galaxy, of at least a hundred billion galaxies in just our observable universe.

To ask why life exists is to ask why anything exists at all. The fact of the matter is, anything that has a point of beginning, also must somewhere have a point of ending. If there was a reason for existing, it would also have to have a reason for ending. However, because it all eventually ends anyway, even if there was a true answer, there'd be no point in finding it, for eventually, we would die, and then the answer would be lost anyway.

Therefor, my answer to "What is the purpose of life?", is "What is the purpose of the question?".

I suppose if what you meant is actually just, "What is the meaning of life?", then the answer is 42.

Time to poof until another topic gets sent to me.

This is a fantastic answer, but I wasn't asking for the purpose of life.

What I asked for is what's the purpose of YOUR life, and what category best represents what you do with it.

So you answer of it being "Nothing" resembles that you do nothing with your life lol. But this is partly my fault. I guess I should've been more descriptive in what I was asking for in my post. I'll edit it.

But, I still love your answer. Life doesn't have a purpose. We're the result of billions of years of evolutionary success, and we're still proceeding with that.

#37 2019-04-15 06:02:48

bunglybongle

to touch seth everman head

bunglybongle1555304568746065

Board footer