Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-30 20:38:53

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

What is Xenonetix's (Megalamb's) biography?

Could any seasoned EE historians / friends of Xenonetix or Megalamb as he was known in the earlier times give me some detailed background of his activities, friends, community status etc from his first join date to today? If you could construct an approximate timeline that would be great. I just want to know what kind of person he was when he was simply a player and not an game owner, i am currently in need of this information for an project i might make in the future and i am also genuinely curious since i never really communicated with Megalamb nor his friends while i was hanging out on EE in the past.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2019-03-30 23:19:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: What is Xenonetix's (Megalamb's) biography?

I'd be very surprised if you get an answer to this that isn't biased or exaggerated in either direction.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

rat

#3 2019-03-31 04:16:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

He's already released a book on it

brown_grande.jpg?v=1534271699

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#4 2019-04-03 15:11:32, last edited by Xenonetix (2019-04-03 15:38:24)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Could any seasoned EE historians / friends of Xenonetix or Megalamb as he was known in the earlier times give me some detailed background of his activities, friends, community status etc from his first join date to today? If you could construct an approximate timeline that would be great.

mutantdevle wrote:

I'd be very surprised if you get an answer to this that isn't biased or exaggerated in either direction.

Well, let's give it a shot. I'll try to be as unbiased as possible.

On 1st August, 2009, MegaLamb joined Kongregate, mostly playing with friends from RuneScape & FunOrb. FunOrb had a very competitive leaderboard system with achievements, and Kongregate had a very similar system in place, so he would compete with a lot of his friends to beat their best scores and earn the badges Kongregate had to offer.

At some point in 2010 (although I can't remember exactly when, but some point during summer), Everybody Edits was featured heavily on Kongregate as a new game. No one had accounts at that point, so ML played it for awhile, had some fun, but there were no badges, scores, or much in the way of competitive gameplay. There was no way to save worlds either, so very little reason to return to keep playing. As such, ML just continued playing other Kongregate games, and thought nothing of it for awhile.

In Novermber 2010, someone mentioned they were playing Everybody Edits to Mega, and the Kongregate game was gaining more popularity. As such, and as he would always do for multiplayer games, ML sought out the main website for Everybody Edits, and registered an account on 28th November 2010.

As a creative individual, Mega tried to create some levels of his own, but none were really very good, and so he introduced two of his good friends Ephrayam and Rayosun from FunOrb. Ephrayam was one of the best players, and Bee was one of the best artists, so combining their skills, they entered the first competition Everybody Edits ever had, which was the New Year's Contest 2010-11. Rayosun made an alt account called "Bee", and MegaLamb made an alt account called "UltraLamb", so Team EMBUR was born. Creating Reversible New Year, it entered the Top 10, and was voted 3rd overall.

This competition was when Mega (and Bee) first started getting noticed for their levels. The contest basically produced its first 'famous' people in Everybody Edits, except for those who were either in staff, or in EX Crew at the time.

EX Crew aside

Over the course of the first few months in 2011, Mega started to get to know more of the community, and become friends with many of them. The most notable chat groups at the time for him were Coldstorm, which was mostly made up of EX Crew Members and some testers for EX Crew Levels, and "Sleep Is For The WEAK", which was a group Skype chat produced by Cyclone and Rurigok, but had some EX Crew members, such as Mustang and RavaTroll at the time. Aslai, Ephrayam, Zalgryth, and ThuggishPrune were also present.

A lot of progress happened within a few months in 2011. The Easter contest came along, and both of the Coldstorm groups that participated won first place:

Easter Contest 2011

During 2011 I believe, Floddy's Digbot came along, along with Cyph1e's Quickrace & Snakebot, and EX Crew Shift. As such, Mega got really competitive in all of these bot-assisted levels, and tried to aim to be the best in all of them in some fashion. As such, he became the highest tier player in the original Digbot, and top 10 in all of the others.

For the Halloween contest, even though Bee & Ephrayam had asked to participate with them, Mega seemed to want to prove, at least to himself, that he could make a decent level without collaborating or working with others, and created Slime Exploration on his own:

Halloween Contest 2011

At some point during 2011, Mega also organized the Everybody Edits Worm, an attempted collaboration between 30 individuals of the community, which came out very well visually, but didn't work out so well in terms of cohesive gameplay. Nevertheless, he'd made more friends as a result.

Shortly before Christmas 2011, music note blocks were introduced into EE, giving Mega a renewed passion for EE, as he'd done a university degree in 'Music, Commercial Composition, & Technology'. As such, he then spent most of his time in Everybody Edits creating music levels, with some assistance from friends.

Soon after this, ML became somewhat obsessed with Shift, and producing levels for it. Eventually, he assisted Nou directly, helping with level creation for it, and eventually running it himself (at times when Nou was unavailable), becoming an official member of EX Crew at some point in early 2012. During 2012 though, things started to slow down. Mega would come on only to play Shift, and nothing else.

Even though Mega would still play from time-to-time, a new game called Gameglobe had just come out, which Mega found very appealing, as it seemed like pretty much a 3D version of EE, but with the leaderboard scoring he'd craved from Kongregate, FunOrb, and RuneScape, that Everybody Edits lacked at the time. He'd made it relatively quickly to Level 12 (Grandmaster) through the Magic system in EE, and had nothing else to aim for, other than scoring in Shift. Creatively, he would still come back to create a few new levels, such as the animation levels using some tricks he'd learned from running Shift, combined with EEditor, and if he really felt like creating music in-game, this was much easier to do in EE than GG.

From 2013-2015, MegaLamb barely played Everybody Edits much at all. The game had stopped being updated (much), and Gameglobe had taken over as the game he would always go to.

Gameglobe aside

During 2016, ML returned to EE more prominently, creating new levels, helping with the latest EX Crew Level, and playing hundreds of new levels that he'd missed that had been created while being away, also playing the Campaigns that had come in during 2015.

Really, there's not much more to say. One of Nou's final acts as owner of Everybody Edits was to appoint Mega as a new moderator, and that's the end of the time MegaLamb was "simply a player".

Xenonetix-2.png

#5 2019-04-05 03:22:54

HeyNK

dude. He asked for a BIOGRAPHY, not an AUTOBIOGRAPHY. Let me write one up for you real quick.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Could any seasoned EE historians / friends of Xenonetix or Megalamb as he was known in the earlier times give me some detailed background of his activities, friends, community status etc from his first join date to today? If you could construct an approximate timeline that would be great.

mutantdevle wrote:

Well, let's give it a shot. I'll try to be as unbiased as possible.

On 1st August, 2009, MegaLamb joined Kongregate, mostly playing with friends from RuneScape & FunOrb. FunOrb had a very competitive leaderboard system with achievements, and Kongregate had a very similar system in place, so he would compete with a lot of his friends to beat their best scores and earn the badges Kongregate had to offer.

At some point in 2010 (although I can't remember exactly when, but some point during summer), Everybody Edits was featured heavily on Kongregate as a new game. No one had accounts at that point, so ML played it for awhile, had some fun, but there were no badges, scores, or much in the way of competitive gameplay. There was no way to save worlds either, so very little reason to return to keep playing. As such, ML just continued playing other Kongregate games, and thought nothing of it for awhile.

In Novermber 2010, someone mentioned they were playing Everybody Edits to Mega, and the Kongregate game was gaining more popularity. As such, and as he would always do for multiplayer games, ML sought out the main website for Everybody Edits, and registered an account on 28th November 2010.

As a creative individual, Mega tried to create some levels of his own, but none were really very good, and so he introduced two of his good friends Ephrayam and Rayosun from FunOrb. Ephrayam was one of the best players, and Bee was one of the best artists, so combining their skills, they entered the first competition Everybody Edits ever had, which was the New Year's Contest 2010-11. Rayosun made an alt account called "Bee", and MegaLamb made an alt account called "UltraLamb", so Team EMBUR was born. Creating Reversible New Year, it entered the Top 10, and was voted 3rd overall.

This competition was when Mega (and Bee) first started getting noticed for their levels. The contest basically produced its first 'famous' people in Everybody Edits, except for those who were either in staff, or in EX Crew at the time.

EX Crew aside

Over the course of the first few months in 2011, Mega started to get to know more of the community, and become friends with many of them. The most notable chat groups at the time for him were Coldstorm, which was mostly made up of EX Crew Members and some testers for EX Crew Levels, and "Sleep Is For The WEAK", which was a group Skype chat produced by Cyclone and Rurigok, but had some EX Crew members, such as Mustang and RavaTroll at the time. Aslai, Ephrayam, Zalgryth, and ThuggishPrune were also present.

A lot of progress happened within a few months in 2011. The Easter contest came along, and both of the Coldstorm groups that participated won first place:

During 2011 I believe, Floddy's Digbot came along, along with Cyph1e's Quickrace & Snakebot, and EX Crew Shift. As such, Mega got really competitive in all of these bot-assisted levels, and tried to aim to be the best in all of them in some fashion. As such, he became the highest tier player in the original Digbot, and top 10 in all of the others.

For the Halloween contest, even though Bee & Ephrayam had asked to participate with them, Mega seemed to want to prove, at least to himself, that he could make a decent level without collaborating or working with others, and created Slime Exploration on his own:

At some point during 2011, Mega also organized the Everybody Edits Worm, an attempted collaboration between 30 individuals of the community, which came out very well visually, but didn't work out so well in terms of cohesive gameplay. Nevertheless, he'd made more friends as a result.

Shortly before Christmas 2011, music note blocks were introduced into EE, giving Mega a renewed passion for EE, as he'd done a university degree in 'Music, Commercial Composition, & Technology'. As such, he then spent most of his time in Everybody Edits creating music levels, with some assistance from friends.

Soon after this, ML became somewhat obsessed with Shift, and producing levels for it. Eventually, he assisted Nou directly, helping with level creation for it, and eventually running it himself (at times when Nou was unavailable), becoming an official member of EX Crew at some point in early 2012. During 2012 though, things started to slow down. Mega would come on only to play Shift, and nothing else.

Even though Mega would still play from time-to-time, a new game called Gameglobe had just come out, which Mega found very appealing, as it seemed like pretty much a 3D version of EE, but with the leaderboard scoring he'd craved from Kongregate, FunOrb, and RuneScape, that Everybody Edits lacked at the time. He'd made it relatively quickly to Level 12 (Grandmaster) through the Magic system in EE, and had nothing else to aim for, other than scoring in Shift. Creatively, he would still come back to create a few new levels, such as the animation levels using some tricks he'd learned from running Shift, combined with EEditor, and if he really felt like creating music in-game, this was much easier to do in EE than GG.

From 2013-2015, MegaLamb barely played Everybody Edits much at all. The game had stopped being updated (much), and Gameglobe had taken over as the game he would always go to.

Gameglobe aside

During 2016, ML returned to EE more prominently, creating new levels, helping with the latest EX Crew Level, and playing hundreds of new levels that he'd missed that had been created while being away, also playing the Campaigns that had come in during 2015.

Really, there's not much more to say. One of Nou's final acts as owner of Everybody Edits was to appoint Mega as a new moderator, and that's the end of the time MegaLamb was "simply a player".

HeyNK1554430974744931

Board footer