Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-19 18:41:36, last edited by pwnzor (2019-03-19 18:51:13)

pwnzor

/reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

When you use the /reset command or reset block, normally it will set the speedrun timer to 0.00s and pause it, but when you use them from a world portal spawn it doesnt't reset.

In fact, after some testing, it even unpauses the speedrun timer if you reset after winning.

This was not an issue before the update which made world portals not put you in a loading screen when you used it in the same world as it's sending you to.

EDIT: I realize this was probably done for speedrunning tier 3 high score, but it also changes mechanics suddenly, which I disagree with as I know some worlds which were using world portals for speedrunning individual zones..

Friendship ended with https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/9/9c/010_shades now https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/58/040_ghost is my friend.

<oOo>
    /|\     BWRRRRRRRVVVV
  /  |  \

#2 2019-03-19 18:54:51

Gosha

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

The "/reset" command and Reset Points don't restart your current time-trial if you respawn to a World Portal Spawn Point. The new command "/wpreset" can be used to restart the entire level from the default spawn point if you spawned from a World Portal Spawn Point.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2019-03-19 19:01:46, last edited by pwnzor (2019-03-19 19:03:22)

pwnzor

Gosha wrote:

The "/reset" command and Reset Points don't restart your current time-trial if you respawn to a World Portal Spawn Point. The new command "/wpreset" can be used to restart the entire level from the default spawn point if you spawned from a World Portal Spawn Point.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry, I had thought this was an oversight (until I had thought of tier 3 high score campaign).
However, I am still disappointed with this change.
I would prefer if there was a way to enable or disable this at least, as it breaks mechanics I was actively using in one of my worlds.

Friendship ended with https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/9/9c/010_shades now https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/58/040_ghost is my friend.

<oOo>
    /|\     BWRRRRRRRVVVV
  /  |  \

#4 2019-03-21 15:30:30

LukeM
Website

pwnzor wrote:

I would prefer if there was a way to enable or disable this at least, as it breaks mechanics I was actively using in one of my worlds.

What's the mechanic you were using in your world and how does it break it?

#5 2019-03-21 19:24:35

mikelolsuperman
Website

LukeM wrote:
pwnzor wrote:

I  have an example for this. A world I'm (kind of) making involves a part where you have to teleport using a world portal. I did this because switches and coins were getting messy. If someone resets they go all the way back instead of only to like 80% progress or something (It's not finished yet so it's at about 80% of the map)

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#6 2019-03-21 20:11:08

LukeM
Website

mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:
pwnzor wrote:

I  have an example for this. A world I'm (kind of) making involves a part where you have to teleport using a world portal. I did this because switches and coins were getting messy. If someone resets they go all the way back instead of only to like 80% progress or something (It's not finished yet so it's at about 80% of the map)

What do you want to happen in this case? Afaik nothing should have changed with how world portals act other than the timer (which it sounds like you would want to continue from one part of the world to the other?)

#7 2019-03-21 20:39:51

mikelolsuperman
Website

LukeM wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:
pwnzor wrote:

What do you want to happen in this case? Afaik nothing should have changed with how world portals act other than the timer (which it sounds like you would want to continue from one part of the world to the other?)

Now if people do /reset it puts them at the spawnpoint they spawned after the world portal, if they do it with the new command added they will go all the way back.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#8 2019-03-21 20:45:06

LukeM
Website

mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Now if people do /reset it puts them at the spawnpoint they spawned after the world portal, if they do it with the new command added they will go all the way back.

Thats what /reset did before isn't it? And the functionality of /wpreset was always achievable by leaving and joining the world again

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2019-03-22 07:41:20

peace

mikek resetting always rresetted to the world spawn its not new

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2019-03-22 08:10:01

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:

It is new. If I resetted in the old level I'd go to the last spawn point, which would be the portal one.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#11 2019-03-22 12:02:27

Grilyon2

Yeah and it still does it

Wooted by:

#12 2019-03-22 15:34:09

peace

mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

It is new. If I resetted in the old level I'd go to the last spawn point, which would be the portal one.

that exactly what i said its always been that if you used /reset or an block you woudl ALWAYS reset to the worl dspawn you spawned from

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:
peace1553265249743207

Board footer