Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2019-03-19 18:41:36

pwnzor
Member
From: ca
Joined: 2018-09-09
Posts: 25

/reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

When you use the /reset command or reset block, normally it will set the speedrun timer to 0.00s and pause it, but when you use them from a world portal spawn it doesnt't reset.

In fact, after some testing, it even unpauses the speedrun timer if you reset after winning.

This was not an issue before the update which made world portals not put you in a loading screen when you used it in the same world as it's sending you to.


EDIT: I realize this was probably done for speedrunning tier 3 high score, but it also changes mechanics suddenly, which I disagree with as I know some worlds which were using world portals for speedrunning individual zones..

Last edited by pwnzor (2019-03-19 18:51:13)


Friendship ended with https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/9/9c/010_shades now https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/58/040_ghost is my friend.

<oOo>
    /|\     BWRRRRRRRVVVV
  /  |  \

Offline

#2 2019-03-19 18:54:51

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,672

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

The "/reset" command and Reset Points don't restart your current time-trial if you respawn to a World Portal Spawn Point. The new command "/wpreset" can be used to restart the entire level from the default spawn point if you spawned from a World Portal Spawn Point.


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2019-03-19 19:01:46

pwnzor
Member
From: ca
Joined: 2018-09-09
Posts: 25

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

Gosha wrote:

The "/reset" command and Reset Points don't restart your current time-trial if you respawn to a World Portal Spawn Point. The new command "/wpreset" can be used to restart the entire level from the default spawn point if you spawned from a World Portal Spawn Point.


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry, I had thought this was an oversight (until I had thought of tier 3 high score campaign).
However, I am still disappointed with this change.
I would prefer if there was a way to enable or disable this at least, as it breaks mechanics I was actively using in one of my worlds.

Last edited by pwnzor (2019-03-19 19:03:22)


Friendship ended with https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/9/9c/010_shades now https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/58/040_ghost is my friend.

<oOo>
    /|\     BWRRRRRRRVVVV
  /  |  \

Offline

#4 2019-03-21 15:30:30

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,735
Website

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

pwnzor wrote:

I would prefer if there was a way to enable or disable this at least, as it breaks mechanics I was actively using in one of my worlds.

What's the mechanic you were using in your world and how does it break it?

Offline

#5 2019-03-21 19:24:35

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,220
Website

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

LukeM wrote:
pwnzor wrote:

I would prefer if there was a way to enable or disable this at least, as it breaks mechanics I was actively using in one of my worlds.

What's the mechanic you were using in your world and how does it break it?

I  have an example for this. A world I'm (kind of) making involves a part where you have to teleport using a world portal. I did this because switches and coins were getting messy. If someone resets they go all the way back instead of only to like 80% progress or something (It's not finished yet so it's at about 80% of the map)


Blue is my favourite color

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#6 2019-03-21 20:11:08

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,735
Website

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:
pwnzor wrote:

I would prefer if there was a way to enable or disable this at least, as it breaks mechanics I was actively using in one of my worlds.

What's the mechanic you were using in your world and how does it break it?

I  have an example for this. A world I'm (kind of) making involves a part where you have to teleport using a world portal. I did this because switches and coins were getting messy. If someone resets they go all the way back instead of only to like 80% progress or something (It's not finished yet so it's at about 80% of the map)

What do you want to happen in this case? Afaik nothing should have changed with how world portals act other than the timer (which it sounds like you would want to continue from one part of the world to the other?)

Offline

#7 2019-03-21 20:39:51

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,220
Website

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

LukeM wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:
pwnzor wrote:

I would prefer if there was a way to enable or disable this at least, as it breaks mechanics I was actively using in one of my worlds.

What's the mechanic you were using in your world and how does it break it?

I  have an example for this. A world I'm (kind of) making involves a part where you have to teleport using a world portal. I did this because switches and coins were getting messy. If someone resets they go all the way back instead of only to like 80% progress or something (It's not finished yet so it's at about 80% of the map)

What do you want to happen in this case? Afaik nothing should have changed with how world portals act other than the timer (which it sounds like you would want to continue from one part of the world to the other?)

Now if people do /reset it puts them at the spawnpoint they spawned after the world portal, if they do it with the new command added they will go all the way back.


Blue is my favourite color

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#8 2019-03-21 20:45:06

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,735
Website

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Now if people do /reset it puts them at the spawnpoint they spawned after the world portal, if they do it with the new command added they will go all the way back.

Thats what /reset did before isn't it? And the functionality of /wpreset was always achievable by leaving and joining the world again

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2019-03-22 07:41:20

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,517

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

mikek resetting always rresetted to the world spawn its not new


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#10 2019-03-22 08:10:01

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,220
Website

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

peace wrote:

mikek resetting always rresetted to the world spawn its not new

It is new. If I resetted in the old level I'd go to the last spawn point, which would be the portal one.


Blue is my favourite color

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#11 2019-03-22 12:02:27

Grilyon2
Member
From: Ice Temple
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 304

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

Yeah and it still does it

Offline

Wooted by:

#12 2019-03-22 15:34:09

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,517

Re: /reset from world portal spawns not resetting speedrun timer

mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

mikek resetting always rresetted to the world spawn its not new

It is new. If I resetted in the old level I'd go to the last spawn point, which would be the portal one.

that exactly what i said its always been that if you used /reset or an block you woudl ALWAYS reset to the worl dspawn you spawned from


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

Wooted by:
peace1553265249743207

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1556107477.6321 - Generated in 0.046 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.44 MiB (Peak: 1.61 MiB) ]