Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2019-03-10 17:00:09

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Tungine - a 3D engine in your browser.

Tungine 0.4

For the past month or so, I have been developing a 3D engine from scratch using JS.
I have not used any extra resources such as WebGL or three.js, this is all from scratch using the HTML5 Canvas.
Obviously due to the fact that I am not that knowledgeable and it was made without WebGL, it's obvious that it's pretty mediocre. It does not have any shadows or proper z-buffering, but I hope to fix that in the future.

It is open-source, meaning that it will be able to improve in the future. I hope this helps with any 3D game you hope to make.

Link: https://gitlab.com/tundrummax/tunengine

I would also like some help with the actual development process as stated previously, I am not that knowledgeable and my methods of 3D rendering is perhaps a little unorthodox.

I am also willing to answer any questions you have. And if you have any suggestions, please suggest.

Heck

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

Wooted by:

#2 2019-03-10 21:02:24

MWstudios

Re: Tungine - a 3D engine in your browser.

Can it run Doom?

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Wooted by:
MWstudios1552248144742356