Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-09 16:24:32, last edited by Luka504 (2019-03-09 16:25:58)

Luka504

Stop people from closing topics for no good reason.

Because Anatoly is unable to keep his topics open for five seconds, I'm gonna have to open up my own.

There should be a rule where people aren't allowed to close their topic if there's an active discussion going on (with a few exceptions like an active mafia game). This stops people from ending a potentially important conversation if they feel that it isn't going their way.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#2 2019-03-09 16:36:29

Anatoly

Re: Stop people from closing topics for no good reason.

In wouldn’t have the topic locked if you could be on-topic and explain if you think if thats cooncidence or not. I will not keep topics open for you to swear st me. Nope.

Wooted by:

#3 2019-03-09 16:40:32

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Anatoly wrote:

In wouldn’t have the topic locked if you could be on-topic and explain if you think if thats cooncidence or not. I will not keep topics open for you to swear st me. Nope.

The problem is, no one cares about most of the things you post.
We don't care that 2019 backwards is Eros
No one cares about [ISOLATION]
No one cares about spoiler pyramids.
No one cares about that strange thing you saw in your bathroom.
This forum is being filled with useless topics because of you. If you want to make a discussion, then join the discord and talk there instead.

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#4 2019-03-09 16:42:04, last edited by Luka504 (2019-03-09 16:42:41)

Luka504

Anatoly wrote:

Nice excuse, but it isn't fooling anyone.

Wooted by: (4)

#5 2019-03-09 16:43:31, last edited by Joeyc (2019-03-09 16:44:05)

Joeyc

Stating the obvious, legit nobody comes to the forums to see people’s personal lifes and their problems in particular, it’s also true you just make random topics that have no points and go around making nonsense. Then when something doesn’t go your way you just immediately lock it lmao

#6 2019-03-09 17:02:34

Anatoly

Memomemo wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

This forum is being filled with useless topics because of you. If you want to make a discussion, then join the discord and talk there instead.

If yoi fon’t care - why do you respond?

#7 2019-03-09 17:06:40

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Anatoly wrote:
Memomemo wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Because we are getting tired of it. I don't even read your posts but it does not feel nice to hear that people are getting annoyed over you.
This is not for my own personal benefit, this is for those who want to find a good post on the forums.

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2019-03-09 17:15:52

Shy

Well, if the owner of the post does not want his post to be open, then he has the right to close it, everything is very simple

Wooted by:

#9 2019-03-09 17:18:11

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

Afkalot wrote:

Well, if the owner of the post does not want his post to be open, then he has the right to close it, everything is very simple

Luka504 wrote:

Because Anatoly is unable to keep his topics open for five seconds, I'm gonna have to open up my own.

There should be a rule where people aren't allowed to close their topic if there's an active discussion going on (with a few exceptions like an active mafia game). This stops people from ending a potentially important conversation if they feel that it isn't going their way.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2019-03-09 17:19:13

Luka504

Afkalot wrote:

That's precisely what needs to be changed. People shouldn't be allowed to silence others just because things aren't going well for them.

Wooted by:

#11 2019-03-09 17:34:24

poopdublio
Website

Anatoly wrote:
Memomemo wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Why do you consistently close the topics five seconds after posting them

It's :clap: Spam :clap: If :clap: The :clap: Mods :clap: Don't :clap: Like :clap: It

#12 2019-03-09 17:36:11

Anatoly

Luka504 wrote:
Afkalot wrote:

That's precisely what needs to be changed. People shouldn't be allowed to silence others just because things aren't going well for them.

They should. If you really want to contribute either PM, or leave it.

Memomemo wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Isolation, Spoiler Pyramides is a contribution to the forums, sorry, but the forums could have no themes and be blank without a style, i am suggesting to make things better, but

Memomemo wrote:

I don't even read your posts

you of course didn’t read.

#13 2019-03-09 17:43:53

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I’m getting **** off by the people who hate on Anatoly instead of discussing the original post.

Stay on topic or ima start handing out warnings.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#14 2019-03-09 18:14:24

Gosha

Tomahawk wrote:

I’m getting **** off by the people who hate on Anatoly instead of discussing the original post.

That's kinda the main argument for this idea, Anatoly is the only one who is abusing closing topic option. Through the discussion with/about Anatoly we can come up with the conclusion.

Personally i agree, i really hate when people close their topics for no reasons when i want to post something

Wooted by: (5)

#15 2019-03-09 18:29:19, last edited by Joeyc (2019-03-09 19:55:26)

Joeyc

Tomahawk wrote:

Stay on topic or ima start handing out warnings.

how do you go on stay on topic when an anatoly post is nothing but random bs

#16 2019-03-09 19:35:40, last edited by LukeM (2019-03-09 19:39:32)

LukeM
Website

Even ignoring all the Anatoly posts I'd still think it would be a good idea to remove the ability to close your own topics apart from in Forum Games, many times I've been writing a long response to a question only for the topic to have been locked by the time I've finished because someone answered with 'yes' or something similar //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

It's even worse in things like Bug Reports where closing topics means that if the bug resurfaces people need to create an entirely new topic, which really slows things down if the information we need is spread between multiple different places.

IMO good reasons to close your own topics are rare enough that it could probably be left to forum mods/admins to do in those few cases.

#17 2019-03-09 20:47:39

Gosha

LukeM wrote:

It's even worse in things like Bug Reports where closing topics means that if the bug resurfaces people need to create an entirely new topic

Also some people give false facts about the bug, OP closes it and there is no chance to reply and tell the truth. This happened to me several times when i was admin and it's pretty annoying

#18 2019-03-09 21:03:19

Nebula

For this there should be an reason feature of "Why you were locking your topic" before locking an topic

#19 2019-03-09 21:50:13, last edited by Shy (2019-03-09 21:50:43)

Shy

Lets just lock this topic and end the discussion

Wooted by:

#20 2019-03-09 22:54:42

peace

if an actual conversations is goign on and a few users are ogign off topic and then someone deciedes to lock then its not his fialt tbu the fault of the persons goigng offtopic just create your own topic if you felelike discussions shoudl stay on or ask a forum mod to open it if you have a good reason

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#21 2019-03-10 01:25:20

Ratburntro44
Website

users shouldn't be able to lock (or delete) their topics in the first place. the number of cases in which it actually makes sense for the first poster to 'own' the topic is small and can be handled by moderation

#22 2019-03-10 07:24:20

Freckleface

Yeah okay, but you gotta look at this from anatolys point of view. If every topic you made on the forums ended up with the same 5 people repeatedly being **** to you, I'm pretty sure you'd want to close your topics quickly too. Isolation and illegal layered spoilers were actually decent suggestions and I'd be willing to bet that if anyone but anatoly posted them, they would have been recieved much better.

But that doesn't mean I"m not in favor of the suggestion.  Please change this.

F

#23 2019-03-10 11:08:30

peace

Q&A:
A: how do i change my emial tied to my acc
B: ask a staff memeber here on forums you can PM xenonetix the owner of the game
A: thanks /lock

these cases are very ncie for locks question answered no discusion needed anymore move on

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#24 2019-03-10 11:10:59

Anatoly

I completely disagree. If the owner wants the topic to be closed, it’s is decision. Imagine if some users would ruin the meaning of the topic and go off-topic by swearing and flaming at him. That’s not just an idiotic behavior, that’s also not cool. OP should have the right to stop those users from filling the forums from useless posts.

E.g. I create a topic about anything good on this world, you go off-topic and say “U R BAD” and so do 5 next replies. I, obviously, will lock the topic, because I feel completely angry and disappointed. Personally, this community has a bad reputation, even though there are some cool people, but these 10 candidates to the worst person ever should not ever existed.

If you want to open a topic, flag it, say why, maybe you4 reason will get approved.

Wooted by:

#25 2019-03-10 11:52:26

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

Q&A:
A: how do i change my emial tied to my acc
B: ask a staff memeber here on forums you can PM xenonetix the owner of the game
A: thanks /lock

these cases are very ncie for locks question answered no discusion needed anymore move on

The idea is that if no more discussion is needed, then no more discussion will happen anyway; there's no need to lock the topic as well.
There are usually plenty of valid additions to topics like that, for example if someone said email [email protected] but the email servers went down (iirc this happened briefly around when I joined the staff team) then one of us might want to reply to let people know how we want people to contact us.
Several times after you/Anatoly/others have locked topics there's been important information left out that we wanted to add but couldn't because you had locked it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Anatoly wrote:

I completely disagree. If the owner wants the topic to be closed, it’s is decision. Imagine if some users would ruin the meaning of the topic and go off-topic by swearing and flaming at him. That’s not just an idiotic behavior, that’s also not cool. OP should have the right to stop those users from filling the forums from useless posts.

The majority of the times I've seen this happen were in pointless topics like that "2019 looks a bit like eros backwards" topic, where there really wasn't any topic to stick to in the first place //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
It happens rarely enough that you could probably flag your own topic to ask for it to be locked by an admin.

Anatoly wrote:

If you want to open a topic, flag it, say why, maybe you4 reason will get approved.

I'd say that generally topics are closed without good reasons more often than not, and often its not worth going through a fairly long process of flagging the topic, waiting a while for it to be unlocked, trying to remember what it was you were originally going to post, then reposting it, so usually people either just don't post what they wanted to post or they just create a new topic with it in //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Luka5041553007607742954

Board footer