Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2019-03-05 16:02:01

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,280

Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Everybody Edits has enough campaigns. No more are needed. That is all, thank you for reading what I have to say.


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

#2 2019-03-05 16:07:53, last edited by PTU (2019-03-05 16:08:05)

PTU
Formerly Pipec
From: Mailboxٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ
Joined: 2017-04-15
Posts: 857

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Probably, but it's the only target of fun. People keep playing them because there's nothing other to give.
I just think this should stay at least until EEU's release.


M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#3 2019-03-05 16:10:43

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,976

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

why? why dont oyu want more campaings you need to make your opinion storonger is dying because oyu dont add argurments on WHY you dont want more i want more becuase it sometimes features new rewards to earn and it gives free energy which i dotn need but whihc is usuefull for if there is a new update


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.pngKFPwcx.jpg

Offline

Wooted by:

#4 2019-03-05 16:30:48

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,280

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

PTU wrote:

Probably, but it's the only target of fun. People keep playing them because there's nothing other to give.
I just think this should stay at least until EEU's release.

This is why speedrunning has been fully implemented into EE, it's supposed to be something for the people who like campaigns to hold them over until EEU hits.

peace wrote:

why? why dont oyu want more campaings you need to make your opinion storonger is dying because oyu dont add argurments on WHY you dont want more i want more becuase it sometimes features new rewards to earn and it gives free energy which i dotn need but whihc is usuefull for if there is a new update

I'll pick this post apart

peace wrote:

why? why dont oyu want more campaings you need to make your opinion storonger is dying because oyu dont add argurments on WHY you dont want more

1. Whenever a new campaign comes out, there's always someone that isn't happy with it. If extreme campaigns come out, the less-skilled playerbase throws a hissy fit about it on the forums. If easy campaigns come out, the more-skilled playerbase claims there aren't enough extreme campaigns and throws a hissy fit about it on the forums. Then people start **** on each other for having a different opinion, and complaining about something that they disagree with, as if having a different opinion is illegal.

2. It's a waste of time. EE's staff team are very busy working on EEU right now, and for the staff team to get worked up about wanting more updates and more campaigns means that they're spending time relying on the community to build worlds that would fit that campaign that people won't complain about (even though we know they're always going to complain) and all to give out useless prizes.

peace wrote:

it sometimes features new rewards to earn and it gives free energy which i dotn need but whihc is usuefull for if there is a new update

Well said, more energy is a pretty useless reward considering we have enough campaigns that give that out already. I acknowledge the fact that this is a way for people to get new blocks and new smilies, but again, the energy spent into making these could be spent making graphics for EEU. Also, let's not forget how **** off people get when you lock a certain smiley behind a campaign too difficult for them to beat.


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

Wooted by:

#5 2019-03-05 17:52:05

Anatoly
Member
From: Germany, Bavaria, Munich
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 6,338

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Enough campaigns, but not enough of easy and not enough of insane. (Most campaigns are hard/extreme). And this is enjoying annoying.


Best regards,
y51lcgx.png
Graphics | Signatures
Anatoly.

Offline

#6 2019-03-05 19:29:15

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,280

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Anatoly wrote:

Enough campaigns, but not enough of easy and not enough of insane. (Most campaigns are hard/extreme). And this is enjoying annoying.

Idk what youre saying, but no. There are enough campaigns, period.


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

#7 2019-03-05 19:40:16

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,667
Website

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

PTU wrote:

Probably, but it's the only target of fun. People keep playing them because there's nothing other to give.
I just think this should stay at least until EEU's release.

I don't play because friends of mine are saving up for something sometimes and they go in the campaigns trying to get rewards and I just sit there being bored and talking to them. They don't reply most of the time because they are trying to do a hard mini that takes 1 minute for 1 attempt because it's a long mini. Then it gets boring because I can't beat the campaign and they aren't talking most of the time so I leave ee and come back the next day.


Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#8 2019-03-05 22:20:51

Emily
Member
From: The Farlands
Joined: 2015-07-27
Posts: 59

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

First of all your post is wrong. There is no equality for pros such as myself. EE/EEU wont last much longer with this equalty problem. It needs to favor all people. If noobs cant handle the spikes there is an option to not play the spikes. Adding more capaigns will not hurt the game. If anything it will add more diversity for an interesting experience and motivate noobs to obtain devil skull. That overall will increase maximum lifetime playtime for everybody because they wanna become pro. Its noobs who are killing this game.


@KIRBY can you update my IWBTG time

Offline

#9 2019-03-05 22:24:48

TheTemmie
Member
Joined: 2019-02-16
Posts: 10

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

I have an idea I will make my own post about. Player made campaigns (Approved by staff, DUH). That's all. Users making a campaign for other users.

Offline

Wooted by:

#10 2019-03-06 02:51:32

Kira
Banned

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Quality > Quantity. While I may agree to a certain point, I wouldn't be bothered if every campaigns were equally as good.

Which is, obviously not the case.

Wooted by:

#11 2019-03-06 03:50:00

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,280

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Emily wrote:

There is no equality for pros such as myself.

You're not going to motivate noobs to obtain the devil skull by making 10 more insane campaigns. They shouldn't have even made new noob campaigns to begin with, and they shouldn't bother wasting time evening the difficulties out either.

Emily wrote:

EE/EEU wont last much longer with this equalty problem.

EE isn't going to last, period. If you want change, ask for it when EEU comes.

Emily wrote:

It needs to favor all people. If noobs cant handle the spikes there is an option to not play the spikes.

All people can beat noob worlds. Not all people can beat super difficult worlds. So really, you might want to rephrase that.

Emily wrote:

If anything it will add more diversity for an interesting experience and motivate noobs to obtain devil skull.

You will not motivate noobs to get good enough to obtain the devil skull by making a gazillion more insane campaigns, you'll motivate them to get good enough to get the devil skull by making the campaign it's locked behind fun and enjoyable.

Emily wrote:

That overall will increase maximum lifetime playtime for everybody because they wanna become pro.

There's more to EE than just playing worlds, but making them. The emphasis of this game is to make worlds, you're not required to give a **** about anyone else's world, but if you're gonna play this game, the thing you should strive to do is become pro at making worlds, because becoming pro at beating them sure isn't going to come to new players any time soon, at least not before EE actually literally dies.

Emily wrote:

Its noobs who are killing this game.

Citation needed.


unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

#12 2019-03-06 04:58:54, last edited by Tomahawk (2019-03-06 12:02:05)

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,667
Website

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Emily wrote:

First of all your post is wrong. There is no equality for pros such as myself. EE/EEU wont last much longer with this equalty problem. It needs to favor all people. If noobs cant handle the spikes there is an option to not play the spikes. Adding more capaigns will not hurt the game. If anything it will add more diversity for an interesting experience and motivate noobs to obtain devil skull. That overall will increase maximum lifetime playtime for everybody because they wanna become pro. Its noobs who are killing this game.

Lemme put a cw

CONTENT WARNING

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2019-03-06 09:12:06

Anatoly
Member
From: Germany, Bavaria, Munich
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 6,338

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Emily wrote:

First of all your post is wrong.

And opinion cannot be wrong.


Best regards,
y51lcgx.png
Graphics | Signatures
Anatoly.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2019-03-06 11:22:05

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,976

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Crybaby wrote:

It's a waste of time. EE's staff team are very busy working on EEU right now

mostly they put already build world in it so that doesnt take up time only gathering them +the fact campaing team doesnt get mcuh powers behind he scenes other then putting campaings in but it could also be that xeno/an other admin does that


OeaNm9Q.png              MYaIIs9.png
ty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.pngKFPwcx.jpg

Offline

#15 2019-03-06 11:59:56

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 1,320
Website

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Imagine falling for Emily's bait

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#16 2019-03-06 15:25:18

Nexus221
Member
From: im rite behind u
Joined: 2016-04-15
Posts: 195
Website

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

we have enough campaigns
tqYRwU.jpg

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2019-03-06 16:24:05

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Wilted
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 4,280

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

ZeldaXD wrote:

Imagine falling for Emily's bait

Hidden text

unknown.png
(Click to see my graphics topic)

Offline

#18 2019-03-06 17:54:53

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,884
Website

Re: Let's argue: There are enough campaigns.

Crybaby wrote:

Whenever a new campaign comes out, there's always someone that isn't happy with it.

You can never satisfy everyone with absolutely anything, but that's no reason not to do things. There's always going to be people who don't like any new update to the game, does that mean the game shouldn't be updated anymore?

Crybaby wrote:

It's a waste of time. EE's staff team are very busy working on EEU right now,

The staff who work on creating campaigns are almost entirely different to those working on EEU. New campaigns being added is inconsequential to the time it takes for EEU to be released.

Crybaby wrote:

more energy is a pretty useless reward considering we have enough campaigns that give that out already.

It's useful to the newbies.

Crybaby wrote:

the energy spent into making these could be spent making graphics for EEU.

I see no reason why there is more than enough time for both. But besides, new unique rewards aren't necessary for new campaigns to be created.

Crybaby wrote:

Also, let's not forget how **** off people get when you lock a certain smiley behind a campaign too difficult for them to beat.

Again, why should just a few people being displeased prevent the idea as a whole?

Crybaby wrote:

There are enough campaigns, period.

Yeah but why though?

Crybaby wrote:

You're not going to motivate noobs to obtain the devil skull by making 10 more insane campaigns. They shouldn't have even made new noob campaigns to begin with, and they shouldn't bother wasting time evening the difficulties out either.

Having an easily accessible list of worlds with a reward for beating them is a great way to get players into the game. Sure, I disagree that the harder campaigns do anything to motivate them, but easier campaigns certainly do. If your only point for why there shouldn't be any more new campaigns is "it's a waste of time for the staff" then you really need to educate yourself on how both EEU and campaigns are getting developed - they don't really have any significant impact on each other.


I honestly don't understand why you don't think there should be any new campaigns. The campaigns that are added could be better quality sure, but that's no reason to stop adding them altogether. I personally only really play EE at the moment when there are new campaigns. Other than that it's just joining worlds to talk with my friends or the off chance that I've happened to click play on a good world that I then don't instantly quit because of how bad it looks. I wouldn't be mad if there were no new campaigns until EEU because I'm really not too interested in the game right now, but I see no reason to outright just stop making campaigns.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

mutantdevle1551891293742006

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1568694881.7806 - Generated in 0.074 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.61 MiB (Peak: 1.87 MiB) ]