Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-28 21:50:30, last edited by Creature (2019-01-29 00:00:36)

Creature

Make EE Forums Great Again

I can make the EE Forums (or atleast the off-topic part) vivid again. Though, I'll need more leniency in the rules. (I may not be really updated into the rules)

Remove the "No off-topic" rule

How many interesting discussions did we miss due the fear of going offtopic? Starting a somewhat different discussion in a thread isn't that bad and someone can always return to the OP discussion.

Remove the "No doubleposting" rule

Creature wrote:

Yeah, I want to post my content like this.

Creature wrote:

It doesn't hinder the discussion at all if you don't mind a few extra pages.

Creature wrote:

Actually it even helps. By making people more comfortable posting, for example.

Creature wrote:

You can't force me to shove everything I have in mind into one single post.

Remove the "No minor spam" rule

It's not even spam actually. So what if I want to meme occasionally? Sometimes light-hearted trolling is good to break the ice.

Remove the "No cussing" rule

Kids cuss all the time nowadays. Why don't you let we adults potmouth a little sometimes? There's a censor and it's not like we're going to traumatize a child anyway.

Keep the "No flooding" rule

I believe any 5-year old would distinguish whether someone has gone "asrffdfglkadnja" or is trying to contribute with something. Even if it is unclear, just have someone politely request to stop and it should be over.

This is a false statement.

#2 2019-01-28 22:06:07

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Make EE Forums Great Again

Creature wrote:

Remove the "No off-topic" rule

How many interesting discussions did we miss due the fear of going offtopic?

None. If they were that interesting, they'd be made into a new topic. Simple as that.

Creature wrote:

Remove the "No doubleposting" rule

Creature wrote:
Yeah, I want to post my content like this.

Creature wrote:
It doesn't hinder the discussion at all if you don't mind a few extra pages.

Creature wrote:
Actually it even helps. By making people more comfortable posting, for example.

Creature wrote:
You can't force me to shove everything I have in mind into one single post.

The "no-doubleposting" rule already has some leniencies that come with it already. Removing the doubleposting rule encourages people to post multiple posts one after the other, and unless you've edited your posts per page settings, you're going to be seeing a lot of posts coming from one person on a single page, which is especially annoying if their signature is long.

Creature wrote:

Remove the "No minor spam" rule

It's not even spam actually. So what if I want to meme occasionally? Sometimes light-hearted trolling is good to break the ice.

Different55 intervenes in the thread when things like this happen. He gives a verbal warning first, telling people to cut it out, but then gives them the warning when they don't comply. Also, spam ≠ memes. There are places in the forums for you to break the ice. In topics that aren't any of those places, posting memes that are completely out of place is posting it in a thread that doesn't belong. There are threads made specifically for memes. Alternatively, if a meme is relevant to a discussion, you're allowed to post it. I still don't understand why you equate minor spam to just memes which is not the case at all.

Creature wrote:

Remove the "No cussing" rule

Kids cuss all the time nowadays. Why don't you let we adults potmouth a little sometimes? There's a sensor and it's not like we're going to traumatize a child anyway.

No cussing isn't a rule. It's censor evasion that's a rule.

Creature wrote:

I believe any 5-year old would distinguish whether someone has gone "asrffdfglkadnja" or is trying to contribute with something. Even if it is unclear, just have someone politely request to stop and it should be over.

So, keep a rule already in place? How, then, are you

Creature wrote:

...[making] the EE Forums (or atleast the off-topic part) vivid again.

?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#3 2019-01-28 22:08:15

Creature

Crybaby wrote:

None. If they were that interesting, they'd be made into a new topic. Simple as that.

What if they are slightly related to the topic but the poster is afraid of it being offtopic?

#4 2019-01-28 22:09:14

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

Creature wrote:

rule instead of making a new one.

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

#5 2019-01-28 22:10:10

Creature

Crybaby wrote:

The "no-doubleposting" rule already has some leniencies that come with it already. Removing the doubleposting rule encourages people to post multiple posts one after the other, and unless you've edited your posts per page settings, you're going to be seeing a lot of posts coming from one person on a single page, which is especially annoying if their signature is long.

If the sig is a problem, I'm pretty sure it can be disabled somewhere (or just limit sigs from having giant images).

#6 2019-01-28 22:13:30

Minimania
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

What if they are slightly related to the topic but the poster is afraid of it being offtopic?

It's fine then, depending on the case. Either way, if a mod think it deviates too far from the original topic, they'll step in and say "try to stay closer to the original topic" or something like that.

Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

If the sig is a problem, I'm pretty sure it can be disabled somewhere (or just limit sigs from having giant images).

More than just the signature is a problem. It's just exceptionally problematic if they do have a big one. Regardless, double-posting still has certain leniencies, as I have said. To post new content in your thread, you may double post. Alternatively, you can revive a dead topic with content depending on the thread. This happens a lot in Graphics Suggestions, in particular.

21cZxBv.png

#7 2019-01-28 22:13:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Sadly Creature, this forum is nowhere near as mature as mafiascum. In most cases, those rules are kinda necessary to stop this place from becoming a complete mess. Though, there are certain times when I've seen people punished and wondered whether or not the post was actually disruptive despite it breaking the rules.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#8 2019-01-28 22:14:58

Creature

Crybaby wrote:

I mean actually warning for spam when there's actual intentional flooding over freaking out whenever someone makes one single "No" post.

#9 2019-01-28 22:16:17

Creature

Crybaby wrote:

More than just the signature is a problem. It's just exceptionally problematic if they do have a big one. Regardless, double-posting still has certain leniencies, as I have said. To post new content in your thread, you may double post. Alternatively, you can revive a dead topic with content depending on the thread. This happens a lot in Graphics Suggestions, in particular.

So would this post be classified as an acceptable doublepost (assuming it comes right after my previous post)?

#10 2019-01-28 22:16:42, last edited by Minimania (2019-01-28 22:18:27)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

I mean actually warning for spam when there's actual intentional flooding over freaking out whenever someone makes one single "No" post.

Except, those people do get warned. Creature I know you haven't been here in a while, and I don't remember very clearly the state of things for when you were here last, but it's not the same as back then, right now. If people deserve a punishment for breaking a rule, they'll get that warning. If they haven't gotten it but you think action is needed, that's what the report tool is for

Creature wrote:

So would this post be classified as an acceptable doublepost (assuming it comes right after my previous post)?

No.

21cZxBv.png

#11 2019-01-28 22:20:39

Creature

Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

Except, those people do get warned. Creature I know you haven't been here in a while, and I don't remember very clearly the state of things for when you were here last, but it's not the same as back then, right now. If people deserve a punishment for breaking a rule, they'll get that warning. If they haven't gotten it but you think action is needed, that's what the report tool is for

Punishing someone for making a one-word/not very useful post is still harsh. I would feel pretty umcomfortable posting in a thread under the "only useful posts allowed" rule.

#12 2019-01-28 22:22:10

Minimania
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

Punishing someone for making a one-word/not very useful post is still harsh. I would feel pretty umcomfortable posting in a thread under the "only useful posts allowed" rule.

There's a pretty visible line between posting a short post that's relevant to the topic and and posting "hi". If you don't feel comfortable with posting in a thread about that thread's topic, why are you even in that thread in the first place?

21cZxBv.png

#13 2019-01-28 22:25:39

Creature

Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

There's a pretty visible line between posting a short post that's relevant to the topic and and posting "hi". If you don't feel comfortable with posting in a thread about that thread's topic, why are you even in that thread in the first place?

You don't know how many interesting ideas you're missing by not letting people talk more freely.

Like, whenever I reply someone one simple "Oh hell no" it can be a seed for a broad new interesting idea.

#14 2019-01-28 22:29:39

Minimania
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:

You don't know how many interesting ideas you're missing by not letting people talk more freely.

Like, whenever I reply someone one simple "Oh hell no" it can be a seed for a broad new interesting idea.

So, if I told you "oh hell no" right now, are you going to have a brand spanking new idea on how to make the forum rules better?

The rules are lenient enough as it is. Their meaning does not need to be taken away, and neither do the meaning of posts in general. If you want to chat freely as if it were a hangout, there's a discussion for that already: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=31371

Use it.

21cZxBv.png

#15 2019-01-28 22:33:41

Creature

Crybaby wrote:

If you want to chat freely as if it were a hangout, there's a discussion for that already: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=31371

What if I want to talk about something? I would rather have a topic and not have the "only useful posts allowed, no occasional chatting" rule.

#16 2019-01-28 22:34:11

Minimania
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

If you want to chat freely as if it were a hangout, there's a discussion for that already: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=31371

What if I want to talk about something? I would rather have a topic and not have the "only useful posts allowed, no occasional chatting" rule.

Then make a topic.

21cZxBv.png

#17 2019-01-28 22:34:51

Creature

Crybaby wrote:

So, if I told you "oh hell no" right now, are you going to have a brand spanking new idea on how to make the forum rules better?

You're expressing your opinion.

You may eventually follow with an argument afterwards. That's what I usually do in mafiascum.

#18 2019-01-28 22:38:13

Minimania
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

You may eventually follow with an argument afterwards. That's what I usually do in mafiascum.

This is not Mafiascum.

21cZxBv.png

#19 2019-01-28 22:40:38

Creature

Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

This is not Mafiascum.

Most forums are like this, even kids forums.

#20 2019-01-28 22:42:40

Minimania
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

This is not Mafiascum.

This is not most forums. This is Everybody Edits forum. You're trying to turn this forum into something it isn't.

21cZxBv.png

#21 2019-01-28 22:57:14

Creature

Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

This is not Mafiascum.

This is not most forums. This is Everybody Edits forum. You're trying to turn this forum into something it isn't.

I was suggesting how this forum can be more vivid. Like, I find the debate platform here way better than mafiascum's and I would love debating here (whether through off-topic or debate section). Though, I usually first make one not-very-useful post before I eventually find myself engaged in a discussion. I thought having a rule leniency here would make the users more comfortable posting over going like "oh damn, can I make a good enough post to engage into the discussion?".

#22 2019-01-28 23:13:58

Minimania
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:

I thought having a rule leniency here would make the users more comfortable posting over going like "oh damn, can I make a good enough post to engage into the discussion?".

The rules are rather lenient as it is. You could post "I'm not too sure any of this is a good idea" and you would be just fine. I don't know why you think the rules are far stricter than any other place.

21cZxBv.png

#23 2019-01-28 23:16:31

Creature

Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:

I thought having a rule leniency here would make the users more comfortable posting over going like "oh damn, can I make a good enough post to engage into the discussion?".

The rules are rather lenient as it is. You could post "I'm not too sure any of this is a good idea" and you would be just fine. I don't know why you think the rules are far stricter than any other place.

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/warni … how_recent

and

Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:

No.

#24 2019-01-28 23:28:44

Minimania
Moderation Team

Creature wrote:

Each one of these, if you actually look at the posts themselves, are warranted. I had an argument about this the other day; "no" doesn't do anything at all, meanwhile what I said earlier

Crybaby wrote:

"I'm not too sure any of this is a good idea"

Is perfectly fine.

Creature wrote:

and

Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:

No.

It doesn't help that you did it deliberately.

21cZxBv.png

#25 2019-01-28 23:39:26

Creature

Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:

and

Crybaby wrote:
Creature wrote:

No.

It doesn't help that you did it deliberately.

I actually prefer to doublepost sometimes. I feel a lot better quoting one part of your post, replying to it, then quoting another part of your post into a separate post.

It doesn't hinder the discussion and sometimes it's even easier to read for the people that are more likely to read multiple short posts than one giant wallpost. I myself am one of these people.

Anatoly1548779858739988

Board footer