Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-24 10:51:38

Luka504

EEU Suggestion - Make the Shop look like this again.

unknown.png

It looks nicer and gives more charm to the game than the shop we have now.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#2 2019-01-24 13:31:47

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Re: EEU Suggestion - Make the Shop look like this again.

I miss the old times...
This gives me nostalgic feelings

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2019-01-24 14:43:39

Freckleface

We could also meet half way and just keep the same layout but use the superior pictures.

F

#4 2019-01-24 14:44:11

Anatoly

Old good times //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Maybe clicking that box would also redirect the player to a little "test world" where you can test out different possibilities with that item.

E.g. clicking spikes would pop up a large alert, where you're in a world, full of spike-levels. Different "biomes" with different minigames using spikes.

#5 2019-01-24 15:35:51

peace

noway that will be confused by what you are actualy buying

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#6 2019-01-24 16:59:38

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:

Just add red circles There's a name too. For example it would say spikes or small world (Maybe with the size in brackets too) or whatever.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#7 2019-01-24 17:47:51

Grilyon2

no

#8 2019-01-24 18:03:11

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

None of the images in that example are confusing. It's really easy to make something the main focus of an image.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#9 2019-01-24 18:37:54, last edited by Luka504 (2019-01-24 18:41:30)

Luka504

Grilyon2 wrote:

no

I know you're really desperate to get 'cool' points but just saying "No" makes you look stupid.
Say something of value next time.

#10 2019-01-24 19:06:38

peace

mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

Just add red circles There's a name too. For example it would say spikes or small world (Maybe with the size in brackets too) or whatever.

yeah after you hover over it...

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#11 2019-01-24 19:11:06

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

yeah after you hover over it...

You gotta put your mouse on it to buy it anyways

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2019-01-24 21:58:18

Minimania
Moderation Team

Luka504 wrote:
Grilyon2 wrote:

no

I know you're really desperate to get 'cool' points but just saying "No" makes you look stupid.
Say something of value next time.

To be fair, you can't show that you don't support a suggestion by just not wooting it, without posting in the topic to show that you did read it.

Luka504 wrote:

It looks nicer and gives more charm to the game than the shop we have now.

This is an opinion, and Grilyon very clearly does not share it with you. "No" is a short way of expressing it, but this does not make his opinion valueless. It's at least as valuable as yours.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#13 2019-01-24 22:25:58

Luka504

Crybaby wrote:

To be fair, you can't show that you don't support a suggestion by just not wooting it, without posting in the topic to show that you did read it.

Agreements always mean one thing, two people agree on the same thing. Like if two people agree that chocolate ice cream is the best, then that's the end of the discussion.
But people can disagree for a lot of reasons. If you say that chocolate ice cream is the best, your friend can disagree in a bunch of ways. Maybe they'll say strawberry is the best. Maybe pineapple. Maybe they don't think any ice cream is the best at all. You need to specify precisely why you disagree with something, since if you don't you just end up looking like you're disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. I mean imagine if you told someone you think chocolate ice cream is the best and they just told you 'No'

Crybaby wrote:

This is an opinion, and Grilyon very clearly does not share it with you. "No" is a short way of expressing it, but this does not make his opinion valueless. It's at least as valuable as yours.

Ah the classic "it's just my opinion bro chill". No, not all opinions are worth the same, especially when your opinion is comprised of a two letter word. If you want your opinion to have value, put value in it.

#14 2019-01-25 03:39:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Luka504 wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

Agreements always mean one thing, two people agree on the same thing. Like if two people agree that chocolate ice cream is the best, then that's the end of the discussion.
But people can disagree for a lot of reasons. If you say that chocolate ice cream is the best, your friend can disagree in a bunch of ways. Maybe they'll say strawberry is the best. Maybe pineapple. Maybe they don't think any ice cream is the best at all. You need to specify precisely why you disagree with something, since if you don't you just end up looking like you're disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. I mean imagine if you told someone you think chocolate ice cream is the best and they just told you 'No'

Crybaby wrote:

Ah the classic "it's just my opinion bro chill". No, not all opinions are worth the same, especially when your opinion is comprised of a two letter word. If you want your opinion to have value, put value in it.

i started reading this post from the "Ah the classic ..." line and it instantly made me chuckle
is this turning into yet another debate between luka and a mortal forumer

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#15 2019-01-25 12:22:05, last edited by Minimania (2019-01-25 12:23:03)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Luka504 wrote:

You're right, if two people simply agree, then that's the end of the discussion, and it should not need to go on any further. It shouldn't require a massive, paradigm-shifting conversation to explain why you two agree with each other, when you know that you both agree. The same thing applies for disagreements. If somebody disagrees, they're allowed to express this. "No" doesn't add anything to the discussion, just as much as any of the woots under your post. If you don't agree with something, you don't have to explain why. You can simply disagree.

Luka504 wrote:

But people can disagree for a lot of reasons. If you say that chocolate ice cream is the best, your friend can disagree in a bunch of ways. Maybe they'll say strawberry is the best. Maybe pineapple. Maybe they don't think any ice cream is the best at all.

Correct.

Luka504 wrote:

You need to specify precisely why

You don't "need" to do anything. You don't have to add to the discussion. People who do agree are given a way to express this without posting: woots. What about people who disagree? Just leave them in the dust, and assume they haven't read the topic for not making a reply?

Luka504 wrote:

if you don't you just end up looking like you're disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing.

Claim that they disagree for any number of reasons, but they certainly have theirs. As you said, people "can disagree for a lot of reasons." It isn't helpful to you if they don't explain why, but it is a way to gauge reception. He disagrees, simple as that. Maybe it doesn't help you that he doesn't give constructive criticism, but again, that's something he doesn't need to do. Maybe he simply doesn't even have any criticism to give, he just disagrees.

Luka504 wrote:

I mean imagine if you told someone you think chocolate ice cream is the best and they just told you 'No'

I'm imagining this, and I cannot say I care to find out why.

TaskManager wrote:

blah

SoRrY tAsKmAnAgEr BuT iM gOiNg To HaVe To DiSaGrEe WiTh YoU oN tHiS

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (4)

#16 2019-01-25 20:14:28, last edited by Luka504 (2019-01-25 20:15:10)

Luka504

Boi you just had to respond when I had to go to school.

Crybaby wrote:

The same thing applies for disagreements.

But it doesn't. Lemme elaborate: If one person makes a post, and another person woots it, they're basically saying "I agree, I would have made this same post, but I won't since there's no point repeating the same thing twice, and it wouldn't push the discussion forward at all."
But, as I said before, people can disagree for a variety of reasons. If someone reacts to your post with an anti-woot and says nothing else, it's just going to make people question why they anti-wooted it. You should voice your disagreement if you have one, since you can't repeat the points an earlier post made if you disagree with it.
Treating agreements and disagreements the same is ludicrous, since they aren't the same.

Crybaby wrote:

You don't "need" to do anything. You don't have to add to the discussion.

Hey don't go around splitting my sentence in half and then go arguing against each half individually.
I said that "You need to specify why you disagree with something IF you don't want people to think you disagreed just for the sake of disagreeing"
Obviously it isn't a requirement to contribute to the conversation when you post something, but you very much should do that, especially if you want people to take what you say seriously. Can you take an opinion seriously if it's just consisted of an N and an O?

Crybaby wrote:

I'm imagining this, and I cannot say I care to find out why.

Really? You wouldn't find it weird if someone just told you "No" after you stated your opinion about something?

Crybaby wrote:

No.

#17 2019-01-25 20:48:57

Minimania
Moderation Team

Luka504 wrote:

Boi you just had to respond when I had to go to school.

Calculated //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Luka504 wrote:

Treating agreements and disagreements the same is ludicrous, since they aren't the same.

Then would "Yes" comments also be just as ludicrous? I don't think so.

Luka504 wrote:

Can you take an opinion seriously if it's just consisted of an N and an O?

I know this is a rhetorical question, but yes.

Luka504 wrote:

Really? You wouldn't find it weird if someone just told you "No" after you stated your opinion about something?

This happens all the time how is this not normal

Luka504 wrote:

Crybaby wrote:

No.

See? You did it too!

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#18 2019-01-25 21:17:42

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Pls stay on topic.

"No" is not a constructive response to a suggestion.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#19 2019-01-26 04:20:39, last edited by Gosha (2019-01-26 04:23:42)

Gosha

Tomahawk wrote:

Pls stay on topic.

So it begins

#20 2019-01-26 04:21:28

mikelolsuperman
Website

Gosha wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Pls stay on topic.

https://goo.gl/images/nXoK1V

Image doesn't work

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

mikelolsuperman1548472888739679

Board footer