Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#101 2019-01-10 23:07:13

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,848

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Tomahawk wrote:

Perhaps one day we'll watch EE burn to the ground, and I'll turn to you and the other witch-hunters and ask if it was worth it.

I suppose so, but before that occurs, tell me, was it worth it supporting the Guardian scapegoat and passing the game onto NVD?

Tomahawk wrote:

EEU will never happen if staff keep changing due to drama.

EEU will never happen if Xenonetix constantly berates his staff, fires them, and refuses to let his developers to contribute towards EEU, as he has been doing.

Tomahawk wrote:

People like Xenonetix work hard to keep EE going, and while you're perfectly entitled to criticise them when they mess up, you need to do it in a way that doesn't risk them losing their desire to improve the game.

You ask for an impossible task.

It has been made very clear that, despite many of the people on the staff team internally disagreeing, in most instances professionally and respectfully with him, there has been very little respect back.
In fact, they were fired because they, to quote, "disagree[d] with my management style." and/or made a trivial mistake. If you would like professionalism, and most would, you'd seek it from the highest level of management.


iqZkpfW.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#102 2019-01-10 23:40:32

Xenonetix
EE Owner (Formerly Mega Lamb)
From: Essos
Joined: 2015-03-07
Posts: 775
Website

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

For those of you claiming my account is back to normal, it's not. It has no worlds (except home world), no likes, and no favourites currently.

I attempt to investigate situations before taking actions - Atilla acted with no investigation. Gosha potentially claimed his account had been deleted, which it never was. All that I did to it was change the email and username in an attempt to stop the raiding occurring on EE. I didn't have time to investigate as fully as I would have liked, and the evidence at the time suggested Gosha was the one responsible for the raid. His account was being repeatedly unbanned inexplicably when no staff member was unbanning him, and he kept rejoining levels. In the same level he was present in, someone was issuing admin mode and admin auras to as many people in the world as possible, using code which Gosha had himself implemented in December. The evidence at the time was that Gosha was responsible, and all the signs were pointing towards him, but it turns out someone may have been framing him, and we're still unaware who that person was, as Atilla claims it wasn't him.

This means there's still an unknown entity out there that still potentially has the ability to unban people without permission to do so. If Atilla and Gosha both still insist neither were responsible for the action, there's still a potential security threat, and very little any of us can do about it.

In the mean-time, I changed Gosha's email and username, as banning him was not working, as he was repeatedly just being unbanned. Natural response from most people, especially people with the programming knowledge of people such as Atilla and Gosha, would be to look up the simple ID to check the account still existed, which it did. Atilla claims it depends on your definition of deletion, but by no definition was Gosha's deleted, and, by every definition, mine was deleted by Atilla. Just because he created a "backup" does not excuse him from deleting the account.

If Gosha was not responsible for any of this, I apologise for locking him out of his account, but the evidence was mounted heavily against him.

One of the actions taken during the raid was to change one of the "Shared Secrets" associated in an attempt to stop the raiding, which did not work. The developers had speculated that the raid was occurring due to someone linking an account to Gosha's, so I changed the hash code. This was also a recommended action I was informed to do by many programmers in private messages, as Gosha had just left the team, and there has been a history of ex-staff using "Shared Secrets" to gain access to the server to make changes. Naturally, this meant that changing the Shared Secret was the logical thing to do, but not realising that it would break linked accounts.

In the days following, we heard a few people were having issues logging in, and tried to figure out the reason. Eventually, we worked out the reason was that all the people with linked accounts could no longer log in on the website. Thankfully, this didn't even lock them out of their accounts, as they were able to log in on Kongregate or Facebook (whichever they linked their account from) temporarily while we resolved the issue. Within a day of finding that was the cause, we fixed linked accounts, and all was well.

As far as I'm aware, there are 3 primary issues still outstanding from the fallout of the events at the weekend:

  • - Gosha is still unable to log in to his account. The username has already been changed back to Gosha, and I'll change the email back when I remember what the end of the email even was. I think gmail.com, but I can't be certain.

  • - My account is still affected - I have no worlds, no likes, no favourites, no settings, & no shop items. From what I've been told by my staff, there's no easy way to restore the account other than manually adding the majority of the information, which is yet more time Atilla has massively wasted for me. A bot could be built, but even that takes extra unnecessary time.

  • - The original raider is still unknown. We have some suspects, but nothing concrete, and no direct evidence. Evidence still leads us to believe it was Gosha, but we're currently taking Gosha's word that it wasn't. There is currently no other evidence to suggest it wasn't Gosha. As soon as we removed the code Gosha added, the raid stopped. No one should have known about the code other than Gosha (and staff, but he didn't mention it or include it in Change Logs). Considering it was server-based code (I think), if Gosha revealed that code to anyone, that would be a breach of the Non-Disclosure Agreement he signed, which means he's due for a fine in addition to the banning and account lockout. No matter how it's viewed, Gosha is either guilty of the raiding, or guilty of sharing the code (or at least revealing how the code could be used to others). Gosha can continue to make claims that he had nothing to do with the raid until he's blue in the face, but if he hadn't added the code in secret in the first place, the raid would not have happened.

Atilla claims he holds accountable the unaccountable - As such, I do wonder, who holds Atilla accountable for his actions?

Last edited by Xenonetix (2019-01-10 23:40:59)


Xenonetix_2.png

Offline

#103 2019-01-11 00:09:01

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,848

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Xenonetix wrote:

Atilla claims it depends on your definition of deletion, but by no definition was Gosha's deleted, and, by every definition, mine was deleted by Atilla. Just because he created a "backup" does not excuse him from deleting the account.

I didn't delete your account by the same definition you used. It is fully recoverable and you have the means to do so. You effectively created a backup, and if creating a backup does not excuse you from 'deleting' Gosha's account, then what does?

Xenonetix wrote:

but not realising that it would break linked accounts.

If you were recommended by many developers to change shared secrets, then why weren't you informed that linked accounts would be affected?

The statement that was repeated by Luke was that the exploit had little to do with the reason that the linked accounts were disabled, and he denies that it was intentional. You admitted just now that it was. I suppose Luke was lying.

Xenonetix wrote:

there's no easy way to restore the account other than manually adding the majority of the information

It is very easy to make a tool to do so, but I suppose Luke is lying about that too.

Xenonetix wrote:

Considering it was server-based code (I think), if Gosha revealed that code to anyone, that would be a breach of the Non-Disclosure Agreement he signed

I don't think 10 lines of code is a huge deal, especially considering it's a broadcast message, which anyone could understand and replicate with zero effort, knowledge or skill.

I think it's a weak reason and attempt to attack him, as was the goal from the start.

Xenonetix wrote:

Gosha is either guilty of the raiding, or guilty of sharing the code (or at least revealing how the code could be used to others). Gosha can continue to make claims that he had nothing to do with the raid until he's blue in the face, but if he hadn't added the code in secret in the first place, the raid would not have happened.

Wrong.

Nobody could have used the broadcast message other than staff members. It is a very clear and explicit condition.

if (!player.IsStaff)
    return;

Xenonetix wrote:

Atilla claims he holds accountable the unaccountable - As such, I do wonder, who holds Atilla accountable for his actions?

I asked for a community vote, and it didn't pass. You can settle down, now.

Last edited by XxAtillaxX (2019-01-11 00:10:07)


iqZkpfW.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#104 2019-01-11 00:22:26

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,716

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

XxAtillaxX wrote:

If you were recommended by many developers to change shared secrets, then why weren't you informed that linked accounts would be affected?

The statement that was repeated by Luke was that the exploit had little to do with the reason that the linked accounts were disabled, and he denies that it was intentional. You admitted just now that it was. I suppose Luke was lying.

Dude, way I'm reading is that none of them realized that it would affect linked accounts. Understandable to overlook that when the little red lights are flashing and the alarms are going off because somebody's attacking EE.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I don't think 10 lines of code is a huge deal, especially considering it's a broadcast message, which anyone could understand and replicate with zero effort, knowledge or skill.

I think it's a weak reason and attempt to attack him, as was the goal from the start.

Keep in mind I've never worked on EE and I have no idea what I'm talking about but I doubt they're talking about the broadcast code since everyone has *insisted* that it was completely harmless and useless to anyone who didn't already have an admin account. IIRC Gosha said he had some debug code running around to help debug things. If that's not the broadcast code, that might have been what got abused.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I asked for a community vote, and it didn't pass. You can settle down, now.

You should not be in any sort of position to make any of the things you threatened a reality. The vote should have never happened in the first place.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#105 2019-01-11 02:05:34

Zumza
Member
From: root
Joined: 2015-02-17
Posts: 4,297

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

EE Server Code wrote:

if (!player.IsStaff)
    return;

But how is the check implemented?
If the database is not queried each time, and the value is cached, like I would believe, then it wouldn't matter if you've had removed their admin powers from the database without killing the rooms.
Supposedly Gosha could had been in 2 rooms. The public one in which the broadcast function was used, and an invisible one.
Each time you'd had banned Gosha, they could had unbanned themselves from the invisible room, because they still appeared to be an admin to the server there.

Last edited by Zumza (2019-01-11 02:07:30)


Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Any person capable of angering you becomes your master

Offline

Wooted by:

#106 2019-01-11 02:17:07

BEE
Member
Joined: 2015-03-14
Posts: 1,673

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Atilla wrote:

I'd want to see Joshua take over since he's doing pretty much everything and would likely treat his staff with respect, and have accountability, responsibility and civility...

Okay so Atilla has requested that Joshua takes over EE. While I am glad an actual step has been made towards some sort of resolution, I would probably classify under the umbrella of "get rid of the other side". Clearly no one is going anywhere. So similar requests along this line of thinking is allowing Joshua to act as a sort of "HR" for the staff, actually getting an HR (ha, good luck with that), or staffing decisions need to at least be bounced off of Joshua before they get finalized, etc. As a reminder, when coming to a solution in a social arrangement, typically you give sides options that you would be okay with so they have choice and both sides feel in control.

Atilla/Gosha (since you two seem to be heading up the second group) would the above suggestions work as a possible resolution? Are there other suggestions along those lines I did not think of that you might think of?

Hidden text

BTW, Xeno, you suck at going on vacation as you have clearly been participating in these forums while you are supposed to be relaxing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink but I'll ignore that for now as it is actually a positive because it shows you really do care about the wellbeing of all aspects of the game: the game itself and the community.

Anyways, I guess I see you as the main part of group 1, of course. What reasonable request do you have from the other side that you think would help resolve this or take steps toward resolving it? Do you have any thoughts on Atilla's suggestion of relying on Josh to help with staffing?

Threes I would probably consider Crybaby and Raphe9000 who both seem to be suggesting some sort of apology regarding the issues:

Crybaby wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm tired of re-stating the events that took place. As Bee insinuated, it's more productive to come to a resolution rather than readdress the same series of events.

It would be nice if you, Gosha, and Xeno apologized to each other for every wrong that was done in that situation, then. I think that would be a peaceful resolution. (Every meaning just say something like "I'm sorry for everything that happened.")

Anyone else from groups 3 or 4 care to chime in with thoughts about a resolution? I assume 4s are just enjoying the popcorn so I'm sorry for taking that away from you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink


Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#107 2019-01-11 02:49:11

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,848

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

BEE wrote:

...

I'll expand on my point, why are we stuck with leaders who are the opposite of you; someone mature and respectful?
We had Nou who was more than half way there with courtesy except he lacked the initiative to get **** done efficiently.

I worked alongside Xenonetix and he did not get along with anyone besides NVD - he lashed out at others as well.
I have seen the many conversations in which he said he'd change his ways, seek therapy and the like, yet it hasn't changed.

I'm enjoying the popcorn as well, mind you, but I don't see a reasonable compromise wherein both sides benefit at all.


iqZkpfW.png

Offline

#108 2019-01-11 03:19:45

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: My speech is not the greatest
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,355

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

XxAtillaxX wrote:
BEE wrote:

...

I'll expand on my point, why are we stuck with leaders who are the opposite of you; someone mature and respectful?
We had Nou who was more than half way there with courtesy except he lacked the initiative to get **** done efficiently.

I worked alongside Xenonetix and he did not get along with anyone besides NVD - he lashed out at others as well.
I have seen the many conversations in which he said he'd change his ways, seek therapy and the like, yet it hasn't changed.

I'm enjoying the popcorn as well, mind you, but I don't see a reasonable compromise wherein both sides benefit at all.

I thought we were long past this phase of the argument, and I also thought you were getting tired of restating the same thing over and over again. We're working towards a resolution here. Nice to know you don't have any ideas for a reasonable one, otherwise your entire reply would've been completely devoid of any meaning not already stated.

BEE wrote:

Threes I would probably consider Crybaby and Raphe9000 who both seem to be suggesting some sort of apology regarding the issues

Fortunately for all of us, Xeno admitted that there is a possibility that Gosha could have been telling the truth, and he explicitly apologized for messing with Gosha's account in the case that he was, but I have yet to see any sort of remorse from the person who royally **** **** up.


RM7fEdO.png

Offline

#109 2019-01-11 04:18:17

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: I don't know...
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 481

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

So can we stop this drama until the devs find out who’s the original raider?


6vgEiC7.png

Offline

#110 2019-01-11 04:57:28

Freckleface
Member
Joined: 2015-04-02
Posts: 1,275

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Hey, I have a solution, and if we try hard enough I think it might just work! My solution is to:

Freckleface wrote:

...stop acting like idiots and get on with your lives.


F

Offline

#111 2019-01-11 05:24:51

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: My speech is not the greatest
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,355

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Freckleface wrote:

Hey, I have a solution, and if we try hard enough I think it might just work! My solution is to:

Freckleface wrote:

...stop acting like idiots and get on with your lives.

You're right. It's not like Atilla committed a sue-able offence or anything.


RM7fEdO.png

Offline

#112 2019-01-11 06:41:25

Freckleface
Member
Joined: 2015-04-02
Posts: 1,275

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Crybaby wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

Hey, I have a solution, and if we try hard enough I think it might just work! My solution is to:

Freckleface wrote:

...stop acting like idiots and get on with your lives.

You're right. It's not like Atilla committed a sue-able offence or anything.

I really hope that we dont stoop so low as to sue atilla over deleting xeno's everybody edits account. I'll just be happy if atilla loses all control over EE and forever becomes known as the asshat who held a soon to be dead flash game hostage.


F

Offline

#113 2019-01-11 07:19:17

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: My speech is not the greatest
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,355

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Freckleface wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

Hey, I have a solution, and if we try hard enough I think it might just work! My solution is to:

Freckleface wrote:

...stop acting like idiots and get on with your lives.

You're right. It's not like Atilla committed a sue-able offence or anything.

I really hope that we dont stoop so low as to sue atilla over deleting xeno's everybody edits account. I'll just be happy if atilla loses all control over EE and forever becomes known as the asshat who held a soon to be dead flash game hostage.

I am sorry you think coming to a point of considering suing someone is stooping to a lower level. This game is a business, and quite simply, Atilla has made a huge disruption.

EDIT: Because I have a lot more on my mind now that I'm treading this territory. If there's one message that Atilla has given anyone, it's most certainly that people should be held accountable for their actions. That being said, Xeno can be a **** to his employees. So long as he is committing no crimes against them and he is paying them a fair amount, there should not be outside intervention. Atilla overstepped multiple boundaries when he did so, not only being a relative outsider to the game, let alone the members of the staff, but he also committed a crime, in damaging Xenonetix's business, whether he could reverse the damage or not. If I were the owner and I were stuck in this situation, I would sue Atilla. This is a business.

It's clear to me that Atilla has come to wanting the resolution that bee describes to be like "eliminating the other side". Suing Atilla for damages would certainly be the "eliminating the other side" option for Xeno's case. Quite frankly, Xeno must either not care enough, or must be a very understanding person to not want to go for that option. The only thing that stopped Atilla from destroying **** further was a community poll, demonstrating that he was entirely capable and willing to destroy Everybody Edits in its entirety. Imagine how that would stand up in court.

As I made clear, I would very much like to see an apology from both sides, and Xeno came forward with his. I'm still waiting for Atilla's, because it most certainly would be a major key in coming to a real resolution and beginning the healing process.

Last edited by Crybaby (2019-01-11 07:43:48)


RM7fEdO.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#114 2019-01-11 08:52:36

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: Under your bed
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 689
Website

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

What happened to Xenonetix's account?


Blue is my favourite color

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#115 2019-01-11 10:23:14

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 20

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

mikelolsuperman wrote:

What happened to Xenonetix's account?


Atilla, went on a power trip and deleted Xenonetix's Everybody Edits account. As Xeno already stated above, he has no worlds, his likes and favorites are gone, and every single smiley and brick he has ever gotten is no more. Sure, one could argue that 'You do have worlds, I just went to your Megaman stop motion world and it's still there'. Look. That's all fine and dandy, but it still doesn't change the fact it's been detached from his account and that it no longer recognizes it.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#116 2019-01-11 11:40:21

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,542

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

frostflare wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

What happened to Xenonetix's account?


Atilla, went on a power trip and deleted Xenonetix's Everybody Edits account. As Xeno already stated above, he has no worlds, his likes and favorites are gone, and every single smiley and brick he has ever gotten is no more. Sure, one could argue that 'You do have worlds, I just went to your Megaman stop motion world and it's still there'. Look. That's all fine and dandy, but it still doesn't change the fact it's been detached from his account and that it no longer recognizes it.

Xenonetix's worlds are stored in Worlds table and they did not get deleted.
Xenonetix's smileys and bricks are stored in PayVaults and they did not get deleted. (And by the way, where did you get that information? There is no evidence for that xenonetix's items were deleted, because they don't have any connection to playerobject itself. So he didn't lose them at all)
Xenonetix's likes and favorites got deleted, but it's because likes and favorites only consist of links to the world they belong to, there are no actual objects "likes" and "favorites" like "worlds"
The only thing playerobject stores are "links" to those files. And since the backup of the playerobject is there (Atilla gave it to xenonetix very shortly after it got deleted), it's not very hard to install everything back together. (Atilla actually made a tool to do that)

The fact that xenonetix's account doesn't have worlds back is not because they got deleted, but because they haven't restored his account fully yet. If he really wants his worlds back then he can spend his time putting links back together rather than changing hundreds of emails by hand in a day (a process that an be easily automated)

Last edited by Gosha (2019-01-11 11:47:11)

Offline

Wooted by:

#117 2019-01-11 12:20:42

frostflare
Member
Joined: 2016-05-23
Posts: 20

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Gosha wrote:
frostflare wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

What happened to Xenonetix's account?


Atilla, went on a power trip and deleted Xenonetix's Everybody Edits account. As Xeno already stated above, he has no worlds, his likes and favorites are gone, and every single smiley and brick he has ever gotten is no more. Sure, one could argue that 'You do have worlds, I just went to your Megaman stop motion world and it's still there'. Look. That's all fine and dandy, but it still doesn't change the fact it's been detached from his account and that it no longer recognizes it.

Xenonetix's worlds are stored in Worlds table and they did not get deleted.
Xenonetix's smileys and bricks are stored in PayVaults and they did not get deleted. (And by the way, where did you get that information? There is no evidence for that xenonetix's items were deleted, because they don't have any connection to playerobject itself. So he didn't lose them at all)
Xenonetix's likes and favorites got deleted, but it's because likes and favorites only consist of links to the world they belong to, there are no actual objects "likes" and "favorites" like "worlds"
The only thing playerobject stores are "links" to those files. And since the backup of the playerobject is there (Atilla gave it to xenonetix very shortly after it got deleted), it's not very hard to install everything back together. (Atilla actually made a tool to do that)

The fact that xenonetix's account doesn't have worlds back is not because they got deleted, but because they haven't restored his account fully yet. If he really wants his worlds back then he can spend his time putting links back together rather than changing hundreds of emails by hand in a day (a process that an be easily automated)

I don't know where you got your information from. (But since you only bothered to reed like every other word I said.) I only stated that his items and worlds are detached from his account. But since you're in the mood to overly explain things, why not just tell everyone why your account was involved in that raid?

Offline

#118 2019-01-11 12:22:21

Luka504
Member
From: Serbia,probs never heard of it
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 2,099

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Xenonetix wrote:

No matter how it's viewed, Gosha is either guilty of the raiding, or guilty of sharing the code (or at least revealing how the code could be used to others).

Is this your new tactic to get Gosha to rat himself out?
"Hey Gosha if you didn't raid the game, you have to pay us a lot of money" That directly incentivizes Gosha to "confess" to raiding just so he doesn't pay the fine. How **** despicable of you Xeno. You're so desperate to pin the blame on Gosha you're practically blackmailing him to confess.


How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Luka504.png

Online

Wooted by:

#119 2019-01-11 12:29:19

Surrealism
Formerly Arizona0117
From: Miami, Florida
Joined: 2018-06-08
Posts: 171

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

i have literally no idea whats going on but i'm enjoying it


GAYLHFl.png

i play ee like once every 2 months and then i sleep

Offline

#120 2019-01-11 12:45:06

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 3,734

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Gosha wrote:
frostflare wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

What happened to Xenonetix's account?


Atilla, went on a power trip and deleted Xenonetix's Everybody Edits account. As Xeno already stated above, he has no worlds, his likes and favorites are gone, and every single smiley and brick he has ever gotten is no more. Sure, one could argue that 'You do have worlds, I just went to your Megaman stop motion world and it's still there'. Look. That's all fine and dandy, but it still doesn't change the fact it's been detached from his account and that it no longer recognizes it.

Xenonetix's worlds are stored in Worlds table and they did not get deleted.
Xenonetix's smileys and bricks are stored in PayVaults and they did not get deleted. (And by the way, where did you get that information? There is no evidence for that xenonetix's items were deleted, because they don't have any connection to playerobject itself. So he didn't lose them at all)
Xenonetix's likes and favorites got deleted, but it's because likes and favorites only consist of links to the world they belong to, there are no actual objects "likes" and "favorites" like "worlds"
The only thing playerobject stores are "links" to those files. And since the backup of the playerobject is there (Atilla gave it to xenonetix very shortly after it got deleted), it's not very hard to install everything back together. (Atilla actually made a tool to do that)

The fact that xenonetix's account doesn't have worlds back is not because they got deleted, but because they haven't restored his account fully yet. If he really wants his worlds back then he can spend his time putting links back together rather than changing hundreds of emails by hand in a day (a process that an be easily automated)

he knows he cna do that but hes ays he has to manualy do it 1 by 1 which takes much time


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Offline

#121 2019-01-11 13:16:58

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,542

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

frostflare wrote:

why not just tell everyone why your account was involved in that raid

The whole point why I started the drama is to address the fact that xenonetix is not suitable for his owner role because of his character issues. Then the raid started and everyone assumed it was me. And it was terrible, because when tried to address that it is indeed not me but someone else, people started losing their trust to me. I can live with the fact that xenonetix unfairly banned me,  it's not like my whole life depends on it. But when the raid that somebody (presumably atilla, but he claims it wasn't him) started, I kept getting unbanned and somebody was abusing "broadcast" message. I really didn't like it because people were losing the trust to me ( I even pointed out in discord that it may be xenonetix doing this to blame it on me, it would be a smart move since either way they don't have proofs that it was me, but it's probably not true). people losing trust is a bad thing for me because they would ignore the facts I wanted to address. (imagine the hate atilla gets right now, that hate would've been directed at me if atilla didn't reveal himself)

Then xenonetix broke my account (yes,  broke. Essentially changing email,  password and the name of the playerobject breaks the account without any way to fix it rather than putting everything back together) the information about the account is still there, but the access is blocked and the data itself is hidden. So it is a natural assumption that xenonetix deleted my account. I told that in discord and atilla revealed himself by publicly deleting xenonetix account. Xenonetix's account was backed up and the backup was provided by atills back the staff, so they can easily put everything back together. Meanwhile my account is still broken from xenonetix's actions and seems like no one is trying to change anything about it.

I want to remind you that I haven't hacked any of ee property. I don't have access to ee servers or any of its databases. And certainly no access to admin commands / admin alts. Also I don't have any idea what exploit in ee atilla uses.

The broadcast message I added in December only works with an admin account,  so on it's own it can't do much. This is not a backdoor, because by definition, the backdoor should be accessible to a user when they don't have official access to it. (e.g. a player with no admin rights can use it). But there was a check in broadcast message that ignored any information received by a player without staff access.
And fun fact: I have never actually used the broadcast message even when I was admin, because I simply didn't have time (I was demoted after few days I added it).

Also some stuff about broadcast message: it can't do anything that would break the game for a user or corrupt their data. It can only do what I imagined it: change in-game appearance and such.
Luke claimed that using broadcast message I (they are still accusing me of it) broke everyone's settings. But that's literally impossible to do. The only place broadcast message exists is ingame, but your settings are loaded in lobby with "getMyPlayerObject". It is literally impossible to fabricate that message. The broadcast message only sends messages to the player, it can't pretend to be another player to the server. So it can't make player send false data to the server.
Why settings are broken for somebody and did they decent broke? I don't know. But blaming me that I broke players settings with broadcast message is pure speculation. So it's either lluke doesn't know how settings work and decided to blame it on me without any proofs, or luke knows that settings couldn't be affected, but decided to blame me (still without proofs)

To end this I want to quote ZeldaXD:
Welcome to the EE kangaroo court where evidence doesnt matter, they just know you are guilty

Last edited by Gosha (2019-01-11 13:25:30)

Offline

#122 2019-01-11 13:42:18

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: I don't know...
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 481

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Gosha, is the broadcast message thing the thing that when a staff sends a notification to everyone such as game update notification?
And I’m not blaming you but I think you used something like a broadcast message in “This is not snow”, you sent *LALA la la la la la, or something like that.

If everything is what Luka said, which is Xeno forcing Gosha to confess or Gosha will pay, I will lose all trust to Xeno, and would like to change an owner (after EEU released). I can’t believe Xeno would do something like this, just because he hates a person.

Also, LukeM, why the heck would you blame Gosha when you have no evidence? Are you protecting Xeno or what? I felt so angry that you blamed Gosha when you have no evidence to show that he raided EE. Think before you do any action, blaming Gosha randomly will make me lose some trust to you.


6vgEiC7.png

Offline

#123 2019-01-11 13:50:46

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,542

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Gosha, is the broadcast message thing the thing that when a staff sends a notification to everyone such as game update notification?

It's /systemsay. Systemsay allows you to speak with * in chat. It's not global like /notify, only for the current world
Here is an example how I used it
https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 30#p736530

Last edited by Gosha (2019-01-11 13:52:21)

Offline

#124 2019-01-11 13:52:03

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: I don't know...
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 481

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Oh okay. So that *LALA thing is also /systemsay?


6vgEiC7.png

Offline

#125 2019-01-11 13:53:04

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,542

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Oh okay. So that *LALA thing is also /systemsay?

I am not sure what la la la yoy are talking about honestly, I don't recall doing anything like that, please remind me

Offline

Different551547387648738680

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1547648215.5425 - Generated in 0.119 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.81 MiB (Peak: 2.15 MiB) ]