Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-07 07:30:17

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

2019 - What's to come?

Happy New Year!

With a new year comes exciting new prospects, and it's time to update you all on how things are going to be changing a bit going forward.

First thing's first, Everybody Edits Universe is going to happen! Naturally, many of you want to know more details about it, and we can provide such details in time, but right now, it appears the members of our Patreon Alpha are generally pretty happy with what we've got planned.

I'd like to make an apology though - It was an error for me to claim that the Closed Beta would launch in January 2019, as per the EE Universe Name Reveal Promo. I was excited at the prospect, and at the time, that really felt like an achievable goal. Nevertheless, I still maintain we should be able to get at least a basic Closed Beta build out during "Early 2019". I know that the end of June would really be pushing that definition, and anything beyond that is outright outrageous, but having talked through the expectations with our Development Team, it seems reasonable we may be able to get it out certainly by the end of April, if not sooner.

This brings me on to the next planned change for the Closed Beta - Thank you to the whopping 649 of you that have signed up to the Closed Beta so quickly! I've also had to spend a good portion of the last few days editing well over 200 of your emails in preparation for the big event! That being said, I don't know at this stage whether we can invite literally everyone who has opted-in at once at the same time. If we do, chances are that the Closed Beta itself may have to be delayed further, and we would rather release a version where batches of people can join at various intervals. Those intervals may not be very far apart, but we feel it would be easier to consume feedback from smaller groups than everyone at the same time. It feels only fair that, other than the Patrons, who we do plan on giving first access to, this system will pretty much have to be on a "First-Come First-Serve" basis. The moment you click to "Opt-In" registers the exact date and time you did so, meaning we should be able to proceed with the various compensations in chronological order. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

But with the Closed Beta coming later, you may feel like we'll have nothing to show you, but this won't be the case! We want to keep you all generally updated with how progress is going as things proceed, but right now, we want to make sure everything is done properly instead of quickly, so we are able to produce a much better end result! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

We do still plan on launching EE Universe on Smartphones at some point later in the year, or possibly early 2020 depending how progress goes, but we are already making necessary planning decisions which directly affect how people would be able to play in the most simple and fun manner on smartphones and tablets. People have also asked us whether EE Universe is likely to appear on Steam, and I would say that's very likely to happen, but not until after the Open Beta stage!

What does all this mean for Everybody Edits though? We still have an excellent team of staff working on smaller updates for Everybody Edits as time goes on. Even though the Lobby Overhaul and Time Trials were the last big updates planned for the game, there will definitely be more Campaigns, and Time-Trials to go along with them, along with potentially some new graphics thrown in here and there.

Most importantly though, we plan on releasing EE Offline! We're hoping to bring in a new Developer which can help us with this task in the near future, and our aim is be able to provide everyone who has put the time and commitment into Everybody Edits over the years with a platform on which you can continue playing some of the most popular levels out there, including Campaigns and Time Trials. We plan on being able to provide a system where you may be able to download your levels from the online version of EE to play in the offline version after the servers inevitably need to shut down.

Thanks to our Patrons though, we may not need to shut the Everybody Edits servers down for many more months to come! We only plan on shutting the servers down when we feel the majority of the community is comfortable with us doing so, at a point where Everybody Edits itself is available offline, and Everybody Edits Universe is well underway! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I hope this clarifies our plans for the future, and we look forward to aiming to make Everybody Edits continue to grow!

See you in-game soon - //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

~ Xenonetix ~

Winter Version Update
P.S.

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2019-01-07 08:01:34

Nebula

Re: 2019 - What's to come?

Can't wait to test out EEU Beta

#3 2019-01-07 10:26:08

mikelolsuperman
Website

I heard you can reserve your username if you signed up for closed beta. Where do I do that? Or is it automatic?

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by:

#4 2019-01-07 13:52:39

Gabriellfs
Website

mikelolsuperman wrote:

I heard you can reserve your username if you signed up for closed beta. Where do I do that? Or is it automatic?

You need to be a beta player

#5 2019-01-07 15:43:04

mikelolsuperman
Website

Gabriellfs wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

You need to be a beta player

Ok so it's automatic when u sign up. Good

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#6 2019-01-09 15:41:07

Weirdoverse
Website

dont shut down ee
whats the point of ee offline if its supposed to be played with people
add more posibilities to that
also ability to keep stats would be nice aswell

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#7 2019-01-09 16:55:57

peace

Weirdoverse wrote:

dont shut down ee

we gt enew ee

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#8 2019-01-09 17:07:39, last edited by LukeM (2019-01-09 17:09:58)

LukeM
Website

Weirdoverse wrote:

dont shut down ee

There are quite a few reasons for us to shut down multiplayer EE:

1. We are planning on moving away from PlayerIO for EEU, so if we were to keep the EE servers running as well we'd effectively be paying for two games, and we'd much rather put that money into EEU instead of paying for an old version of the game that hardly anyone plays anymore.

2. Currently EE has a small enough playerbase as it is, so splitting that between two games is not a very good business decision when the entire game is built around the ability to play with others. This means that if we kept EE running, EEU would have a significantly smaller chance of succeeding, which is bad.

3. Keeping EE running online also means we need to do things like moderate it, take action against security threats (which has been taking up a lot of our time recently Atilla //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue), etc. This is all time we'd rather be spending working on EEU, and an offline version of EE should basically be a "set it and forget it" solution.

4. This is more of a worry than an actual reason, but with Flash being killed in 2020 it will be much harder to play in the browser, and even having the game connect to the internet could expose you to security threats that are no longer being patched by Adobe.

Wooted by:

#9 2019-01-09 18:53:38

Minimania
Moderation Team

Once EE actually does die, what is going to happen to our information? (usernames, passwords, etc.)

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#10 2019-01-09 21:27:21

mikelolsuperman
Website

Crybaby wrote:

Once EE actually does die, what is going to happen to our information? (usernames, passwords, etc.)

It will all be e-mailed to me.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

Wooted by: (3)

#11 2019-01-09 22:21:26

daneeko

wait, am i supposed to exclusively sign up for the closed beta? or what?

UzI5nBc.png

#12 2019-01-09 22:22:35

LukeM
Website

Crybaby wrote:

I can't think of a reason you would need your username / password //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

As for worlds: You'll be able to export your worlds to a format you can load using the offline client
As for player data like shop items: Unsure currently, but I'd guess that in the offline version everything would be free, so I don't see a reason we'd need to keep it

#13 2019-01-09 22:28:36

Minimania
Moderation Team

LukeM wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

I can't think of a reason you would need your username / password //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

As for worlds: You'll be able to export your worlds to a format you can load using the offline client
As for player data like shop items: Unsure currently, but I'd guess that in the offline version everything would be free, so I don't see a reason we'd need to keep it

That's not what I asked. I want to know what you are doing with our information, if you're deleting it or not, or keeping it in some place (hopefully not because I would not like my account information getting hacked into thank you)

21cZxBv.png

#14 2019-01-09 22:30:16

daneeko

[patience intensifies]

UzI5nBc.png

#15 2019-01-09 22:34:11

Minimania
Moderation Team

Daneeko wrote:

[patience intensifies]

To opt-in to the closed beta, you need to have actual beta in the original EE. If you don't, and don't plan on getting it, you'll be waiting for the premier release of the (relatively) finished project.

21cZxBv.png

#16 2019-01-09 22:38:47

LukeM
Website

Crybaby wrote:

That's not what I asked. I want to know what you are doing with our information, if you're deleting it or not, or keeping it in some place (hopefully not because I would not like my account information getting hacked into thank you)

Oh, yes, things like passwords will be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed anymore, emails may possibly be saved for things like mailing lists / verifying EEU users, but will not be kept any longer than necessary.

Wooted by:

#17 2019-01-09 22:39:45

Minimania
Moderation Team

LukeM wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

Oh, yes, things like passwords will be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed anymore, emails may possibly be saved for things like mailing lists / verifying EEU users, but will not be kept any longer than necessary.

Thank you.

21cZxBv.png

#18 2019-01-10 02:08:19

Fateskr

Will we be able to download worlds we have favorited?

BfNWkDi.png
Its Fate-skr. Not Fat-eskr.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#19 2019-01-10 07:03:32

daneeko

Crybaby wrote:
Daneeko wrote:

[patience intensifies]

To opt-in to the closed beta, you need to have actual beta in the original EE. If you don't, and don't plan on getting it, you'll be waiting for the premier release of the (relatively) finished project.

i do have beta in ee

UzI5nBc.png

#20 2019-01-10 07:22:30

Minimania
Moderation Team

Daneeko wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
Daneeko wrote:

[patience intensifies]

i do have beta in ee

Then look in the bottom right corner of the lobby. Opt-in by pressing the button that says "opt-in"

21cZxBv.png

#21 2019-01-10 07:43:52

peace

how will ofline mode work i mean its singlle player but wht can you do more

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#22 2019-01-10 08:10:25

mikelolsuperman
Website

LukeM wrote:

in the offline version everything would be free

Does this include staff items like superman and label? And stuff you can't get anymore but you could like ultimate fanboy and contest smileys?

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#23 2019-01-10 14:54:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Does this include staff items like superman and label? And stuff you can't get anymore but you could like ultimate fanboy and contest smileys?

i believe so, because once it goes offline you can edit the client without much effort anyway to gain access to any of thes features
oh wait we could turn it into a cashgrab by selling superman and others in a DLC

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#24 2019-01-10 17:38:05

mikelolsuperman
Website

TaskManager wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:

i believe so, because once it goes offline you can edit the client without much effort anyway to gain access to any of thes features
oh wait we could turn it into a cashgrab by selling superman and others in a DLC

Big content warning. And if they won't give it in ee offline why implement it? And I need to have 39 wikihow and 7 calls with people that can make ee bots and clients and etc. at once and then I still have a hard time even finding out how to download the client pretty much.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#25 2019-01-10 17:54:15

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mikelolsuperman wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Big content warning. And if they won't give it in ee offline why implement it? And I need to have 39 wikihow and 7 calls with people that can make ee bots and clients and etc. at once and then I still have a hard time even finding out how to download the client pretty much.

what are you even trying to say

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

peace1583479827775905

Board footer