Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-01-10 11:28:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

XxAtillaxX wrote:

why hasn't he apologized for firing Phinarose, Gosha and Luke?

But he has apologised for firing luke...

Xenonetix wrote:

I meant no ill will towards Luke, and I apologise that he did seemingly get caught in the cross-fire of Gosha's firing. Even though I regret my action and choice to fire him, it did at least open up a new approach to the communication we so desperately needed to break out the feedback loop we had previously gotten into.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (5)

#77 2019-01-10 12:38:09

Raphe9000

As far as I see it, he should apologize to Phina and Gosha for the situation, give Gosha his account back, and consider rehiring Phina. As far as I see, this conflict could be considered moot if those things happened. I feel this is still a sore spot for many, so I'm sure it would win back most of the community.

#78 2019-01-10 13:17:13, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-01-10 13:22:05)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

@Peace What I see isn’t Atilla **** the staff, is he trying to prove the truth and make Xeno apologize. If you don’t know what’s the situation just don’t join this drama.
I think what he only wants is to make Xeno apologize and give back Gosha’s account.

EDIT: Yes, Atilla is part of a community, but don’t forget that you and I are a part of the community too. We are just telling our opinions, if you disagree then just leave him alone. Telling him to stop and forcing him to change his behavior is not your business. Of course, if you’re not gonna listen my opinion it’s fine, I can’t stop you anyway.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#79 2019-01-10 15:34:08

peace

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

@Peace What I see isn’t Atilla **** the staff, is he trying to prove the truth and make Xeno apologize. If you don’t know what’s the situation just don’t join this drama.
I think what he only wants is to make Xeno apologize and give back Gosha’s account.

EDIT: Yes, Atilla is part of a community, but don’t forget that you and I are a part of the community too. We are just telling our opinions, if you disagree then just leave him alone. Telling him to stop and forcing him to change his behavior is not your business. Of course, if you’re not gonna listen my opinion it’s fine, I can’t stop you anyway.

but he deleetd xeno's playerbobject which is none of his bussiness

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#80 2019-01-10 16:10:46

Minimania
Moderation Team

unknown.png?width=1202&height=125

It's amazing how these words still ring true two years later

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#81 2019-01-10 16:19:55

XxAtillaxX

Crybaby wrote:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment … height=125

It's amazing how these words still ring true two years later

I'm fine with holding accountable the unaccountable, especially those who treat their staff like disposable trash and constantly berate them and others, directly and behind closed doors, throughout the year.

I know they like to use myself as a distraction, but a friendly reminder: I didn't force Xeno to persecute and fire his team, he did that himself. All I did was break his account for an hour, while he broke Gosha's account which is still broken today, and it's been several days.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#82 2019-01-10 16:26:25, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-01-10 16:36:17)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

@Peace But he deleted Gosha’s account which is non-sense and Xeno sometimes can be wrong, he’s not right everytime. It doesn’t mean that if he’s the owner of the game he can do anything crazy he want. Yes, he is kind to us, he never pretends, but this time he didn’t even listen to Gosha (and LukeM)’s explaination about the PlayerIO was broken then suddenly became so angry then fired them two then next deleted Gosha’s account. If Xeno don’t trust him it’s fine, but deleting his account is totally unacceptable because that’s useless and he didn’t even think about his own problems then decided to delete his account.

And yes, it’s none of Atilla’s business to delete Xeno’s account, but he did that because he expected Xeno to learn from this but sadly he didn’t, he still thinks that himself is the right one and Gosha is the wrong one, he didn’t even apologize to Gosha for misunderstanding him and deleting his account.

If Xeno is very pro at programming then he’ll just go fix the problem himself, but he’s not, he doesn’t know about programming (or maybe little) but he pretends that he knows everything about it then start to blame Gosha and deleted his account. He’s just thinking he’s right all the time, he even said this to Phinarose: I can’t work with someone who thinks my management style is retarded. This definitely means that he thinks himself is right and he don’t realize his own problems.

Also, he hates Gosha. From that moment when Xeno became the game owner, he finds every possible reason to kick Gosha out of the staff team, now he had a reason and kicked him from the staff team and deleted his account too.

Again, I can’t stop you for blaming Atilla, what I can do for you is just to help him explain. You can choose to not trust me but to trust Xeno, it’s fine. I just hope you can don’t blame everything on Atilla thinking he’s destroying EE. If you think it in another way he’s actually helping Xeno to change, but he won’t.
Not every owner is always right, everyone do mistakes, you also do mistakes, right?

EDIT: And remember that Gosha’s account is still broken but Xeno’s account is already back to normal. Xeno just wanted to destroy his account entirely so Atilla also did the same thing to Xeno. It’s just letting him to feel what Gosha is feeling. But of course, revenging is not good, but again he’s just trying to help but maybe in a wrong way.

(I’m sorry if I’m talking non-sense //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

she/her

#83 2019-01-10 16:41:48, last edited by Minimania (2019-01-10 16:45:31)

Minimania
Moderation Team

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

But he deleted Gosha’s account which is non-sense and Xeno sometimes can be wrong, he’s not right everytime... If Xeno don’t trust him it’s fine, but deleting his account is totally unacceptable because that’s useless and he didn’t even think about his own problems then decided to delete his account.

I recognize that this is not the right thing to do.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

And yes, it’s none of Atilla’s business to delete Xeno’s account

You recognize that this is also not the right thing to do

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Again, I can’t stop you for blaming Atilla, what I can do for you is just to help him explain. You can choose to not trust me but to trust Xeno, it’s fine. I just hope you can don’t blame everything on Atilla thinking he’s destroying EE. If you think it in another way he’s actually helping Xeno to change, but he won’t.

I don't think anybody things that Xeno is 100% in the right in what he did, not even any of the members of the staff team including LukeM. Xeno himself admitted to us all in his statement that people probably don't trust him very much if at all right now, and this is correct. It's really hard to believe what Xeno is saying, except for things he provided hard evidence for.

Realize that Atilla has had a shaky relationship with the rest of the player base even prior to this. My quote from Jawapa earlier comes from a thread I made in 2017 that highlighted a lot of the issues of the staff team, and a lot of people learned from that topic that Atilla has had some sort of involvement with the staff team, but never wanted to be named one (though this is a gross oversimplification of what the thread really entails). This made people think that he wanted all of the benefits of a staff member, but none of the negatives that come with fallout. Some people demanded that he either publicly make himself known as a staff member, or simply leave the team. Seeing as to how he did not do the former, it's clear he did the ladder. And yet he somehow had a way to get into EE and delete Xeno's account (which, mind you, is 100% overstepping his boundaries, even against someone who overstepped theirs.) He claims that it is not through a backdoor (here are his commits, which he made public earlier: https://gist.github.com/atillabyte/dee6 … 6acfe8cfa7), but if he didn't get in through a backdoor, then it very clearly shows to us that he hacked into it, which speaks to his character. It's not like he walked in through a backdoor, he deliberately attacked Everybody Edits, and very clearly does not care how his actions affect anyone else, nor does he seek anyone else's opinion on the matter. This speaks volumes about who he is as a person, and it's why we trust Atilla even less.

His claim about there not being a backdoor:

Hidden text

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#84 2019-01-10 16:44:34, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-01-10 16:44:55)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

So I said that Atilla maybe did it in a wrong way.

she/her

#85 2019-01-10 16:45:04, last edited by Different55 (2019-01-10 16:45:44)

Different55
Forum Admin

Difference is you have no business in the backend, you literally took the one relatively sane part (which, whether you were replying to LukeM or me, we were saying the same thing, you agree the actions they took were reasonable in the moment. Again, less understandable that it hasn't been resolved already but) of the whole situation and made it chaotic. You're not involved, you don't have the full story, you seem dead set on continuing to spread broken fragments of the story, and you're actively attacking the game. When your first response to "How can I resolve a situation with an owner acting erratically" is "hmm... maybe I should royally **** **** up one step at a time until there is nothing left. I don't have anything to lose," well, again that's not helping a single thing.

I don't hold anything against you personally but you're clearly not good for the game and you're behaving irresponsibly with whatever power you've managed to scrape together. What I would really like to see going forward is you removed from having any sort of game access past what any other player has but we might end up waiting til EEU launches before that happens.

I don't have much of an opinion on the rest of the situation, I just want that to end quickly. I think a lot of it was highly avoidable but right now I don't know that there's anything else to be done at least as far as any of us are concerned.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#86 2019-01-10 16:59:03

XxAtillaxX

The situation was already chaotic and I was asking whether people would rather put pressure on Xenonetix since he apparently can't be swayed by his team, and he'd rather fire them for disagreeing with his management style, his words.

I think it was responsible of me to ask for a vote. It didn't pass and I haven't done anything since. I did an irresponsible action against an irresponsible action Xeno took.

I think you'll be waiting for EEU for a very long time if it continues the way it has been for the past year, with one sole developer and every other developed told they aren't allowed to work on it. A state of the development that the community nor the Patrons were told about while it was happening.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#87 2019-01-10 17:02:51

Minimania
Moderation Team

XxAtillaxX wrote:

The situation was already chaotic and I was asking whether people would rather put pressure on Xenonetix since he apparently can't be swayed by his team, and he'd rather fire them for disagreeing with his management style, his words.

So much for not needing the approval of others.

21cZxBv.png

#88 2019-01-10 17:07:51

Different55
Forum Admin

It's great that you asked the community before burning it to the ground. You don't get any brownie points for it, you were still prepared to destroy everything if the vote passed. The problem is that you have the power and are willing to use it destructively when there were 500,000 ways to resolve it with minimal disruption to the players. Out of every possible action you could have tossed up for a vote, you picked the nuclear option and were prepared to follow through. In my opinion nobody willing to destroy the game can be allowed anywhere near the big red button, no matter what justification they think they have.

- ShinsukeIto

#89 2019-01-10 17:10:09

peace

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I think it was responsible of me to ask for a vote. It didn't pass and I haven't done anything since. I did an irresponsible action against an irresponsible action Xeno took.

I think you'll be waiting for EEU for a very long time if it continues the way it has been for the past year, with one sole developer and every other developed told they aren't allowed to work on it. A state of the development that the community nor the Patrons were told about while it was happening.

we woudl be waiting long if you are doign thign sliek this now xeno needed some time for giving his acc back and there are 2 developrs byte and luke (and xeno but he doesnt code much)

peace.png

#90 2019-01-10 17:11:24, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-01-10 17:12:27)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Xeno already got his account back did you even read his reply. Instead, Gosha’s account is still broken.

And you mentioned there’s only 2 devs, think about who is the one who demote Gosha.

she/her

#91 2019-01-10 17:15:33

Minimania
Moderation Team

Yeah, LukeM could you please fix Gosha's account already?

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (4)

#92 2019-01-10 17:44:25

XxAtillaxX

Different55 wrote:

In my opinion nobody willing to destroy the game can be allowed anywhere near the big red button, no matter what justification they think they have.

The point of adding pressure isn't to press a big red button, that would be counter-intuitive. I asked for a vote on whether to effectively boycott by rendering the game unplayable, not to permanently destroy data.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#93 2019-01-10 17:57:29

peace

but you DID destory data

peace.png

#94 2019-01-10 18:00:12

Minimania
Moderation Team

XxAtillaxX wrote:

on whether to effectively boycott by rendering the game unplayable, not to permanently destroy data.

That's a weird way of spelling "royally **** **** up every step of the way"

21cZxBv.png

#95 2019-01-10 18:15:38, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2019-01-10 18:16:05)

XxAtillaxX

Not the entirety of the message, @Crybaby, and nothing was permanently destroyed.
Xenonetix gave Gosha his PlayerObject back, I gave Xenonetix his PlayerObject back.

I'm tired of re-stating the events that took place. As Bee insinuated, it's more productive to come to a resolution rather than readdress the same series of events.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#96 2019-01-10 18:22:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm tired of re-stating the events that took place. As Bee insinuated, it's more productive to come to a resolution rather than readdress the same series of events.

It would be nice if you, Gosha, and Xeno apologized to each other for every wrong that was done in that situation, then. I think that would be a peaceful resolution. (Every meaning just say something like "I'm sorry for everything that happened.")

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)

#97 2019-01-10 18:31:50

Different55
Forum Admin

Then maybe you should go ahead and say what you want. I've said how I'd love for the situation to be resolved.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#98 2019-01-10 18:38:52

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Atilla hasn't changed one bit since his 2017 drama; still attempting to justify a wrong with a wrong, like a child.

No responsibility, accountability or civility towards others - just a God complex wrapped up in hostility and spite.

If he cares about the game, the best thing for Atilla to do is to stop meddling and stop spreading hate. Time and time again drama repeats itself, and he's always there, pointing fingers and yelling the loudest while yet another staff member burns.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#99 2019-01-10 18:46:50

XxAtillaxX

I'd want to see Joshua take over since he's doing pretty much everything and would likely treat his staff with respect, and have accountability, responsibility and civility, the traits Tomahawk insists I lack, which I must logically share in common with Xenonetix.

Tomahawk wrote:

Atilla hasn't changed one bit since his 2017 drama; still attempting to justify a wrong with a wrong, like a child.

You convince him then.

Tomahawk wrote:

Time and time again drama repeats itself, and he's always there

You are too, and you're "spreading hate" as well.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#100 2019-01-10 19:39:01

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

XxAtillaxX wrote:

You are too, and you're "spreading hate" as well.

Perhaps one day we'll watch EE burn to the ground, and I'll turn to you and the other witch-hunters and ask if it was worth it.

Try and see the big picture. Smooth, continued development of the game, above all else - isn't that the ideal? Hounding the administration for every fault it makes only hurts that cause; EEU will never happen if staff keep changing due to drama.

I criticise you and other haters in the hope that the recipients of that hate are reminded that most of the community is grateful for the work they do, and does not want them to give up. People like Xenonetix work hard to keep EE going, and while you're perfectly entitled to criticise them when they mess up, you need to do it in a way that doesn't risk them losing their desire to improve the game.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Different551547387648738680

Board footer