Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-01-09 17:38:16, last edited by LukeM (2019-01-09 18:00:01)

LukeM
Website

Re: Security Concerns, & Reasons for Firing Staff in January 2019

Slabdrill wrote:

I would've been fine with the linked account situation if it was clearly stated when the update hit "people with linked accounts will need to play on the site they linked from because we intentionally disabled linked accounts due to security concerns", but all I got was https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png (note: a few hours after the update).

Just to clarify, listening to Atilla is generally a bad idea... Pretty much nothing he has said actually happened //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

If something like this happens we're not going to intentionally mislead people or anything, Xeno said "LukeM is looking into it" because I was looking into it, and he didn't say it was because of linked accounts or that using the site you registered with would work because we didn't yet know any of that, and it was made clear once we did. We would have told you more if we knew more at the time.

Wooted by: (2)

#52 2019-01-09 19:26:56

frostflare

TaskManager wrote:

"i cant prove my point so i quit"
fyi all of your posts in this thread look like pointless blabber and feigned whiteknighting
youre also calling Yu out for comparing a flash game owner to a president meanwhile you yourself compared flash game owner to an unnamed irrelevant person of the community
wtf is that hypocrisy

no. i'm just not going to continue this conversation any further about this with you or your friends. i seen your type one too many times before. as long as your hunting for blood, there's nothing anyone could say or do that will ever be good enough for you. and what i meant by my last comment was the fact that, this in the grand scheme of things this is online drama. while something that could result in national security, is not. but hey, if you weren't too busy trying to go after me over something i said, that you weren't too fond of. you would have realized this.

#53 2019-01-09 20:50:13

Luka504

frostflare wrote:

no. i'm just not going to continue this conversation any further about this with you or your friends. i seen your type one too many times before. as long as your hunting for blood, there's nothing anyone could say or do that will ever be good enough for you. and what i meant by my last comment was the fact that, this in the grand scheme of things this is online drama. while something that could result in national security, is not. but hey, if you weren't too busy trying to go after me over something i said, that you weren't too fond of. you would have realized this.

Ah the classic "Tell the other person they're unreasonable and then leave the discussion so you can feel like you've won." tactic.
Honey you ain't fooling anyone with that old trick.
Yes, comparing Xeno to the president is a bit of an extreme comparison, but the point of the comparison is to show that people in a status of power need to be a lot more careful of causing mistakes and fixing them when they happen, and that you can't just wash their hands free of consequences just by saying "we all make mistakes".
This isn't the first time he's made a rash decision because of his short-fused temper, and until we reach his last we need to make sure he knows this type of behavior isn't tolerable.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#54 2019-01-09 20:53:50

XxAtillaxX

Slabdrill wrote:

3) Phina was spreading negativity which isn't a good thing (a professional meeting should talk about the future and not blame the past as it can't be changed), however I still believe they belong as the team but as less of a leader; perhaps a regular moderator.

By the same standard, Xeno shouldn't be a leader since he's been spreading the vast majority of 'negativity' on the Discord servers, and towards his own team members.

LukeM wrote:

Just to clarify, listening to Atilla is generally a bad idea... Pretty much nothing he has said actually happened //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

It did. You can try to save face as much as you'd like, however.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#55 2019-01-09 21:04:22

Snowester

XxAtillaxX wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Just saying but didn't you deleted Xeno's PlayerObject which encouraged him to do all these actions? Just saying.

#56 2019-01-09 21:10:49, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2019-01-09 21:13:04)

XxAtillaxX

Growler wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Just saying but didn't you deleted Xeno's PlayerObject which encouraged him to do all these actions? Just saying.

I am in no way responsible for the actions of Xeno.

In regard towards linked accounts, it wouldn't take several days to do a security audit, it's not very much code and is very simple to grasp - it wouldn't necessitate disabling the connection type for several days.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#57 2019-01-09 21:17:37

peace

but you did delete his playerobject right?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#58 2019-01-09 21:39:29

XxAtillaxX

peace wrote:

Yes, he deleted Gosha's so I deleted his in kind. We both made backups, and he's fully capable of recovering his PlayerObject.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#59 2019-01-09 21:43:31

Gosha

Also, since I wasn't involved in any of this madness and I didn't hack any of ee property
Can I finally get my account back? It's been broken for several days

Wooted by: (3)

#60 2019-01-09 22:20:59

peace

XxAtillaxX wrote:
peace wrote:

Yes, he deleted Gosha's so I deleted his in kind. We both made backups, and he's fully capable of recovering his PlayerObject.

youre nto responsible for what he does you may not do that if he decides to do that on someon eelse not your job

peace.png

#61 2019-01-09 22:32:48

Minimania
Moderation Team

XxAtillaxX wrote:
peace wrote:

Taking justice into your own hands in this way helped nobody, not even Xeno himself (to realize that he's not doing the right thing). I'd go as far as to say it had detrimental effects on not only the staff team, but the future of Everybody Edits. I have to agree with Lukem, you most certainly should not be trusted, especially after attacking EE like this.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#62 2019-01-09 22:33:53

LukeM
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

It really didn't //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

XxAtillaxX wrote:

he deleted Gosha's so I deleted his in kind. We both made backups, and he's fully capable of recovering his PlayerObject.

He didn't delete anything //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

XxAtillaxX wrote:

it wouldn't necessitate disabling the connection type for several days.

It hasn't been several days //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#63 2019-01-09 22:39:22

Different55
Forum Admin

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Yes, he deleted Gosha's so I deleted his in kind.

Can you quit saying this? How many times has this been brought up now? Yes, that's what you thought at the time. You were wrong and that's fine. Then you decided to go full vigilante based on that, and that's not fine. You're not involved, don't try to get involved. You're only making the situation worse doing that. When people are saying "listening to Atilla is generally a bad idea... Pretty much nothing he has said actually happened," you're really not helping your case by continuing to spew information that is false and that has been explained to you to be false multiple times now.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#64 2019-01-09 23:08:25, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2019-01-09 23:11:44)

XxAtillaxX

LukeM wrote:

He didn't delete anything //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Different55 wrote:

Can you quit saying this? How many times has this been brought up now? Yes, that's what you thought at the time. You were wrong and that's fine.

It depends on your interpretation of deletion. In this circumstance, there is no lost data on both parties, both are fully recoverable. In essence, nothing was truly deleted.
If you modify and rename the key for any given database object, the original key will no longer load the database object, and there will be no indication that it has been renamed - anyone who loads it will see that is has been removed, with no further detail.

I'm very much aware they'd love to use it as a distraction away from what Xenonetix has done. FYI Gosha is still unable to access his account, his email was changed, his password was changed, and his account was banned, and he did absolutely nothing to deserve any of it.

LukeM wrote:

It hasn't been several days //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Nearly three days, as far as I can tell. The announcement was made on the seventh, and the action was reverted a day and a half later, with the actual action taking place several hours prior. I'm not interested in getting into a pedantic debate about a duration, but it was entirely unnecessary to begin with, which is what you repeatedly deny without any alternative explanation. You, yourself, have stated the following: "Yes the problems are related to everything thats been happening"

Crybaby wrote:

Taking justice into your own hands in this way helped nobody, not even Xeno himself (to realize that he's not doing the right thing). I'd go as far as to say it had detrimental effects on not only the staff team, but the future of Everybody Edits. I have to agree with Lukem, you most certainly should not be trusted, especially after attacking EE like this.

It hasn't had any detrimental impact on the staff team especially in comparison to him firing several people, two of which were denied the ability to work on EEU repeatedly, despite them requesting to do so many times.
If anyone has had any detrimental impact on the staff team, it has been Xenonetix himself, and no, I don't seek your trust nor do I care for your support. I don't need confirmation of others in order to speak my mind, thank you.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

rat

#65 2019-01-09 23:17:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

XxAtillaxX wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

It hasn't had any detrimental impact on the staff team especially in comparison to him firing several people, two of which were denied the ability to work on EEU repeatedly, despite them requesting to do so many times.
If anyone has had any detrimental impact on the staff team, it has been Xenonetix himself, and no, I don't seek your trust nor do I care for your support. I don't need confirmation of others in order to speak my mind, thank you.

Then why did you even make a poll in the first place, if you don't care about what anyone else thinks?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#66 2019-01-09 23:20:57

Different55
Forum Admin

There were another two thirds to that comment. You had no business involving yourself in the situation, and they were dealing with an attack on EE. Honestly I don't think anyone is convinced you weren't behind all of it. You already took ownership of part of the screwiness going on that night. It sucks that Gosha is still locked out of his account, but in the moment it was completely reasonable (and you "don't disagree") to do what they did. Not to minimize it but there are bigger issues to discuss than Gosha's account.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (4)

#67 2019-01-09 23:44:47

XxAtillaxX

Crybaby wrote:

Then why did you even make a poll in the first place, if you don't care about what anyone else thinks?

I don't seek your approval in order to speak my mind. I made a poll on whether to take it any further, it did not pass and so I haven't.

Different55 wrote:

but in the moment it was completely reasonable (and you "don't disagree") to do what they did.

I was replying to Luke, not you. I was having a conversation with him the entire time and you sent a message at the same time I did. I agreed that he was correct in his deduction.
I agree that there are larger issues than Gosha's account, and I'd rather not engage in further diluting the encompassing topic regarding the staff and management, so I won't be discussing the account issue anymore.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

rat

#68 2019-01-10 00:30:01

ILoveYoshi368

I'm convinced both sides of the situation are basically chainsawing theirselves in half, which is not a desperate thing to say... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Be rootin'
Be tootin'
And by god be shootin'
But most of all
Be kind

Wooted by:

#69 2019-01-10 00:31:36

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I'm going to follow the most reasonable explanation I see - since the official staff haven't given any information I can actually use (why were linked accounts disabled? all i know is that it wasn't what atilla said), I'm going to follow the information I have.

suddenly random sig change

#70 2019-01-10 01:19:30

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I smile while I sleep at night because I know that Atilla has the community's and the game's best interests at heart.

Deleting Xeno's acc was absolutely the correct and mature response to all of this, and in no way is my admiration for Atilla lessened by the irony that he is equally as unapologetic and self-righteous as he claims Xeno to be.

In the meantime:
RjavlC9.jpg

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#71 2019-01-10 01:57:34, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2019-01-10 01:58:18)

XxAtillaxX

Tomahawk wrote:

I smile while I sleep at night because I know that Atilla has the community's and the game's best interests at heart.

Deleting Xeno's acc was absolutely the correct and mature response to all of this, and in no way is my admiration for Atilla lessened by the irony that he is equally as unapologetic and self-righteous as he claims Xeno to be.

I asked for a vote, and it didn't pass so I'm not doing anything else.

If you want a mature response to an immature action, then you should be expecting an apology from Xeno for the immature actions he has done against his team.
I'm not merely claiming he's unapologetic and self-righteous without any basis or merit to the claim. If you scroll up, you'll notice that he has stated, "Because I wasn't [wrong]" about the ordeal in which he fired Gosha for.

If you disagree with my claim that he is unapologetic, why hasn't he apologized for firing Phinarose, Gosha and Luke? He certainly does have his reasons, but I don't think everyone here supports all three firings. I would expect that, at the very least, most people expect an apology for one or more of them.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#72 2019-01-10 03:34:03

BEE

Okay so...

To sum it up:

The main groups are
1. people who agree with the firing,
2. the people who disagree with the firing,
3. the people who agree with some parts and disagree with other parts,
4. and then the neutrals.

We can all agree that several people may have overreacted or acted immaturely in and during the situation, on both sides.

What we seem to disagree about is how to work towards coming to a resolution and whether or not talking more about it is going to actually solve the problem. As we often say in my career: it is what it is. It happened. All parts good and bad. All actions and reactions.

The question we need to be asking is not what happened, but rather: where do we go from here?

Unless the goal is to simply become a new post on r/hobbydrama, each side needs to clearly state what they actually... want. And of course there needs to be a dose of realism in here. I'm sure that both sides want to simply get rid of the other side, but that's not an option.

So... Reasonable requests to come to a compromise, or is everyone just here to set the popcorn on fire? It actually doesn't matter if it's the latter or, not but we should decide what we want, as individuals.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#73 2019-01-10 03:41:23

Freckleface

You people do realize calling each other immature back and forth just makes you seem even more childish, right? Neither of you are in the right, stop acting like idiots and get on with your lives.

F

#74 2019-01-10 05:12:00, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-01-10 05:12:11)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I’m kinda disagree with Xeno firing Gosha I think he should apologize. But you know that if the drama keeps going it will turn into a worse situation. So maybe we should stop.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#75 2019-01-10 07:50:38

peace

anitlla whjy do you always want to **** aroudn wiht the staff? youre nto staff so leave them alone and dotn spread false news your ejust a comunnity member just like me and ~95% of th epoeple posted in this thread juist chnage your behavoir to what you are for tehe game cmon jeez

peace.png

Different551547387648738680

Board footer