Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-30 04:23:18, last edited by azurepudding (2018-11-30 04:57:01)

azurepudding

orange mini bad

80cRLbQ.png

tier 4 of space campaign: https://everybodyedits.com/games/PWgT832KmlbkI

impeach this mini.

This is a hard-extreme world and so far all of the minis have been medium or medium-hard, except this one.  What da??

Super precise t-jumps on single block platforms.  If you can't tell by the pic, you need to briefly pause in the air to avoid hitting the boosts, which tends to fail or you don't make it to the next block.  I've beaten full on extreme maps easier than this.  Why?  I almost wanna call this particular mini insane rating.  Pls add half blocks.  That would at least increase millisecond perfect timing to deciseconds.  This mini should be nerfed, while the others could use a buff.  It's absurd how each mini takes like 5 minutes or less but this one will stop you for hours or days.

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-11-30 05:16:38, last edited by Minisaurus (2018-11-30 06:19:43)

Minisaurus
Banned

Re: orange mini bad

In my opinion, that mini is indeed way more harder than the other minis in that map, the difficulty scale feels uncomfortable.
The version you suggest may cause the mini to become exploitable.

I took the liberty of creating an easier version of the mini, by removing the boosts on the top that had the only purpose to make the mini even harder.

V1:
V2:

#3 2018-11-30 06:29:20

azurepudding

I finally beat it, and yeah I was thinking of removing those boosts like you did in v1. v2 might be too heavy of a nerf //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

#4 2018-11-30 07:45:31

peace

why not just skip the coins? its what i definetly gonna do when im on that tier

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#5 2018-12-11 08:08:56

Lictor666

mdr

Wooted by: (4)

#6 2018-12-11 15:09:29

KirbyKareem

peace wrote:

uh you need all the coins to win

VOKXwvt.png

#7 2018-12-11 15:37:32

peace

KirbyKareem wrote:
peace wrote:

why even have the coin doors there then?

peace.png

#8 2018-12-11 16:56:04

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:
peace wrote:

You go through some areas a different number of times. The coin doors change the difficulty of the mini so it is harder/done different when you do it next time.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2018-12-11 20:22:52

peace

mutantdevle wrote:
peace wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:
peace wrote:

You go through some areas a different number of times. The coin doors change the difficulty of the mini so it is harder/done different when you do it next time.

oh //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad guess i will never win space

peace.png

#10 2018-12-12 00:09:12

azurepudding

Lictor666 wrote:

mdr

hey I did beat it.  still bad tho, the rest is fine.

Azure2.png

#11 2018-12-13 00:41:07

KirbyKareem

azurepudding wrote:
Lictor666 wrote:

mdr

ok
so what your saying
is you complained about orang emini but not mini 13 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad :demon: :fire: :cruel: :evil: :littlegirl: :FatChineseGuy: (no racism)

VOKXwvt.png

#12 2018-12-13 00:46:04

azurepudding

KirbyKareem wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Lictor666 wrote:

mdr

ok
so what your saying
is you complained about orang emini but not mini 13 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad :demon: :fire: :cruel: :evil: :littlegirl: :FatChineseGuy: (no racism)

I don't recall that exact mini but there were a couple challenging minis which were tough but fair I think.  It's just this last mini that was a dum

Azure2.png

#13 2018-12-13 01:06:38

Kira

I’d rather have you guys ask the owner of the level before making any changes, that’s pretty disrespectful.
Furthermore, Minisaurus is not part of the campaign team, so why is he doing the job of someone else?

I do not agree with this change for the reasons listed above. It’s not Lictors fault if some players have trouble beating the minigame, the level was designed that way and should be kept that way unless the owner of the level agrees to a change.

Wooted by: (4)

#14 2018-12-13 01:33:05, last edited by azurepudding (2018-12-13 01:33:53)

azurepudding

Kira wrote:

I’d rather have you guys ask the owner of the level before making any changes, that’s pretty disrespectful.
Furthermore, Minisaurus is not part of the campaign team, so why is he doing the job of someone else?

I do not agree with this change for the reasons listed above. It’s not Lictors fault if some players have trouble beating the minigame, the level was designed that way and should be kept that way unless the owner of the level agrees to a change.

basically "it's not lictor's fault if a minigame is hard" except it kinda is? he designed it to be difficult for most.

It's not really fair to have a challenging level end with this brick wall that can undo all progress made in the map for nothing.  I mean, you could also end the level with 10 1x1 hooks in a row too, and I'd call that unfair also.  T jumps are basically the hookjumps of hard minis.  I thought super-precise leaps over single block platforms were generally frowned upon too, as "nooby design."

I do think it'd be respectful to ask him first, tho I doubt the change would be agreed upon.  I think this last mini needs a slight nerf, while some other minis could use a bit of a buff.  There were a few instances where I was stuck on a mini for like 10 minutes, but the next mini was easily done on my second or third try.  The difficulty is spontaneous in this world, as is the direction (really, it should be made more clear on where to head next), and then the last mini increases the difficulty hundredfold out of no where.  There is no difficulty spike, it's a difficulty wall.  Played for an hour or two?  Too bad, no prize for you if you can't finish this last one.  At least other hard or extreme maps are generally consistent in difficulty all the way through- if you're struggling terribly near the start, the world is probably too hard for you and you don't have to beat it.  But when you've sunken an hour+ time and you're RIGHT at the end, it's kinda bull to block off the trophy with a super difficult mini.  If the mini is going to remain exactly as-is in terms of difficulty, it should come sooner, even as the first mini, that way there's no likely risk of throwing away hours of effort for literally nothing.

Azure2.png

#15 2018-12-13 02:42:10

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

azurepudding wrote:

At least other hard or extreme maps are generally consistent in difficulty all the way through

lmao *points to tech terror*

suddenly random sig change

#16 2018-12-13 03:15:54

azurepudding

Slabdrill wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

At least other hard or extreme maps are generally consistent in difficulty all the way through

lmao *points to tech terror*

o ye

I've only played about half the extreme maps actually so that was a bad claim to make.  still tho, it does make sense for a world to be about the same difficulty throughout, or gradually become moreso.

Azure2.png

#17 2018-12-13 04:39:43

Joeyc

azurepudding wrote:
Kira wrote:

basically "it's not lictor's fault if a minigame is hard" except it kinda is? he designed it to be difficult for most.

how is it his fault that his level was asked to be in a campaign, by said (campaign team)?

Wooted by:

#18 2018-12-13 05:08:27

azurepudding

Joeyc wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Kira wrote:

how is it his fault that his level was asked to be in a campaign, by said (campaign team)?

that's not even what i said maaan

Azure2.png

Wooted by:
azurepudding1544674107734844

Board footer