Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2018-11-30 04:23:18

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

orange mini bad

80cRLbQ.png

tier 4 of space campaign: https://everybodyedits.com/games/PWgT832KmlbkI

impeach this mini.

This is a hard-extreme world and so far all of the minis have been medium or medium-hard, except this one.  What da??

Super precise t-jumps on single block platforms.  If you can't tell by the pic, you need to briefly pause in the air to avoid hitting the boosts, which tends to fail or you don't make it to the next block.  I've beaten full on extreme maps easier than this.  Why?  I almost wanna call this particular mini insane rating.  Pls add half blocks.  That would at least increase millisecond perfect timing to deciseconds.  This mini should be nerfed, while the others could use a buff.  It's absurd how each mini takes like 5 minutes or less but this one will stop you for hours or days.

Last edited by azurepudding (2018-11-30 04:57:01)

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2018-11-30 05:16:38

Minisaurus
Design Team
From: Under your bed
Joined: 2015-02-26
Posts: 514

Re: orange mini bad

In my opinion, that mini is indeed way more harder than the other minis in that map, the difficulty scale feels uncomfortable.
The version you suggest may cause the mini to become exploitable.

I took the liberty of creating an easier version of the mini, by removing the boosts on the top that had the only purpose to make the mini even harder.

V1:
V2:

Last edited by Minisaurus (2018-11-30 06:19:43)


3hEn3Lh.png
Note for EE moderators: I allow the introduction of any of my worlds for any official campaign.

Offline

#3 2018-11-30 06:29:20

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: orange mini bad

I finally beat it, and yeah I was thinking of removing those boosts like you did in v1. v2 might be too heavy of a nerf //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Offline

#4 2018-11-30 07:45:31

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,819

Re: orange mini bad

why not just skip the coins? its what i definetly gonna do when im on that tier


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#5 2018-12-11 08:08:56

Lictor666
Member
From: France
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 658
Website

Re: orange mini bad

mdr

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#6 2018-12-11 15:09:29

KirbyKareem
Banned
From: America
Joined: 2018-03-31
Posts: 376

Re: orange mini bad

peace wrote:

why not just skip the coins? its what i definetly gonna do when im on that tier

uh you need all the coins to win


VOKXwvt.png

Profile and Signature by HG, check out his other creations!

Offline

#7 2018-12-11 15:37:32

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,819

Re: orange mini bad

KirbyKareem wrote:
peace wrote:

why not just skip the coins? its what i definetly gonna do when im on that tier

uh you need all the coins to win

why even have the coin doors there then?


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#8 2018-12-11 16:56:04

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,526
Website

Re: orange mini bad

peace wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:
peace wrote:

why not just skip the coins? its what i definetly gonna do when im on that tier

uh you need all the coins to win

why even have the coin doors there then?

You go through some areas a different number of times. The coin doors change the difficulty of the mini so it is harder/done different when you do it next time.


kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2018-12-11 20:22:52

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,819

Re: orange mini bad

mutantdevle wrote:
peace wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:
peace wrote:

why not just skip the coins? its what i definetly gonna do when im on that tier

uh you need all the coins to win

why even have the coin doors there then?

You go through some areas a different number of times. The coin doors change the difficulty of the mini so it is harder/done different when you do it next time.

oh //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad guess i will never win space


cZXKA3f.pngMYaIIs9.png
a.pngty anatoly and nikko99 for a golden sig and blueclued for avatar and daneeko for pixelating my sign //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool3bluekeys.png

Offline

#10 2018-12-12 00:09:12

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: orange mini bad

Lictor666 wrote:

mdr

hey I did beat it.  still bad tho, the rest is fine.

Offline

#11 2018-12-13 00:41:07

KirbyKareem
Banned
From: America
Joined: 2018-03-31
Posts: 376

Re: orange mini bad

azurepudding wrote:
Lictor666 wrote:

mdr

hey I did beat it.  still bad tho, the rest is fine.

ok
so what your saying
is you complained about orang emini but not mini 13 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad :demon: :fire: :cruel: :evil: :littlegirl: :FatChineseGuy: (no racism)


VOKXwvt.png

Profile and Signature by HG, check out his other creations!

Offline

#12 2018-12-13 00:46:04

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: orange mini bad

KirbyKareem wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Lictor666 wrote:

mdr

hey I did beat it.  still bad tho, the rest is fine.

ok
so what your saying
is you complained about orang emini but not mini 13 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad :demon: :fire: :cruel: :evil: :littlegirl: :FatChineseGuy: (no racism)

I don't recall that exact mini but there were a couple challenging minis which were tough but fair I think.  It's just this last mini that was a dum

Offline

#13 2018-12-13 01:06:38

Kira
Guest

Re: orange mini bad

I’d rather have you guys ask the owner of the level before making any changes, that’s pretty disrespectful.
Furthermore, Minisaurus is not part of the campaign team, so why is he doing the job of someone else?

I do not agree with this change for the reasons listed above. It’s not Lictors fault if some players have trouble beating the minigame, the level was designed that way and should be kept that way unless the owner of the level agrees to a change.

Wooted by: (4)

#14 2018-12-13 01:33:05

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: orange mini bad

Kira wrote:

I’d rather have you guys ask the owner of the level before making any changes, that’s pretty disrespectful.
Furthermore, Minisaurus is not part of the campaign team, so why is he doing the job of someone else?

I do not agree with this change for the reasons listed above. It’s not Lictors fault if some players have trouble beating the minigame, the level was designed that way and should be kept that way unless the owner of the level agrees to a change.

basically "it's not lictor's fault if a minigame is hard" except it kinda is? he designed it to be difficult for most.

It's not really fair to have a challenging level end with this brick wall that can undo all progress made in the map for nothing.  I mean, you could also end the level with 10 1x1 hooks in a row too, and I'd call that unfair also.  T jumps are basically the hookjumps of hard minis.  I thought super-precise leaps over single block platforms were generally frowned upon too, as "nooby design."

I do think it'd be respectful to ask him first, tho I doubt the change would be agreed upon.  I think this last mini needs a slight nerf, while some other minis could use a bit of a buff.  There were a few instances where I was stuck on a mini for like 10 minutes, but the next mini was easily done on my second or third try.  The difficulty is spontaneous in this world, as is the direction (really, it should be made more clear on where to head next), and then the last mini increases the difficulty hundredfold out of no where.  There is no difficulty spike, it's a difficulty wall.  Played for an hour or two?  Too bad, no prize for you if you can't finish this last one.  At least other hard or extreme maps are generally consistent in difficulty all the way through- if you're struggling terribly near the start, the world is probably too hard for you and you don't have to beat it.  But when you've sunken an hour+ time and you're RIGHT at the end, it's kinda bull to block off the trophy with a super difficult mini.  If the mini is going to remain exactly as-is in terms of difficulty, it should come sooner, even as the first mini, that way there's no likely risk of throwing away hours of effort for literally nothing.

Last edited by azurepudding (2018-12-13 01:33:53)

Offline

#15 2018-12-13 02:42:10

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
From: canada
Joined: 2015-08-15
Posts: 3,066
Website

Re: orange mini bad

azurepudding wrote:

At least other hard or extreme maps are generally consistent in difficulty all the way through

lmao *points to tech terror*


suddenly random sig change

Offline

#16 2018-12-13 03:15:54

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: orange mini bad

Slabdrill wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

At least other hard or extreme maps are generally consistent in difficulty all the way through

lmao *points to tech terror*

o ye

I've only played about half the extreme maps actually so that was a bad claim to make.  still tho, it does make sense for a world to be about the same difficulty throughout, or gradually become moreso.

Offline

#17 2018-12-13 04:39:43

Joeyc
Guest

Re: orange mini bad

azurepudding wrote:
Kira wrote:

I’d rather have you guys ask the owner of the level before making any changes, that’s pretty disrespectful.
Furthermore, Minisaurus is not part of the campaign team, so why is he doing the job of someone else?

I do not agree with this change for the reasons listed above. It’s not Lictors fault if some players have trouble beating the minigame, the level was designed that way and should be kept that way unless the owner of the level agrees to a change.

basically "it's not lictor's fault if a minigame is hard" except it kinda is? he designed it to be difficult for most.

how is it his fault that his level was asked to be in a campaign, by said (campaign team)?

Wooted by:

#18 2018-12-13 05:08:27

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: orange mini bad

Joeyc wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Kira wrote:

I’d rather have you guys ask the owner of the level before making any changes, that’s pretty disrespectful.
Furthermore, Minisaurus is not part of the campaign team, so why is he doing the job of someone else?

I do not agree with this change for the reasons listed above. It’s not Lictors fault if some players have trouble beating the minigame, the level was designed that way and should be kept that way unless the owner of the level agrees to a change.

basically "it's not lictor's fault if a minigame is hard" except it kinda is? he designed it to be difficult for most.

how is it his fault that his level was asked to be in a campaign, by said (campaign team)?

that's not even what i said maaan

Offline

Wooted by:
azurepudding1544674107734844

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1558269959.0556 - Generated in 0.050 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.58 MiB (Peak: 1.81 MiB) ]