Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-09 17:25:25

peace

the signature previeuw in your profile when editing it its misleading

if it fits there it sometimes doesnt fit when makign an post please fix

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#2 2018-12-09 17:37:27

LukeM
Website

Re: the signature previeuw in your profile when editing it its misleading

Fits horizontally? That will always be the case because it depends on screen resolution, with my normal screen layout (1050p splitscreen) yours has looked like a mess pretty much forever XD

bZY7ZNC.png

#3 2018-12-09 17:37:53

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

It's not misleading. It serves its purpose of showing your formatted signature, regardless of width and height restrictions.

What about not adding as many images in your signature as you currently do? Not everyone has big monitors to see your signature entirely, I can barely view them all on a 1600*900 monitor.

#4 2018-12-09 17:38:08

Different55
Forum Admin

Fit vertically I think. The preview might not have the 300px height limit on it.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#5 2018-12-09 19:19:18

peace

LukeM wrote:

Fits horizontally? That will always be the case because it depends on screen resolution, with my normal screen layout (1050p splitscreen) yours has looked like a mess pretty much forever XD

https://i.imgur.com/bZY7ZNC.png

dman lukem an di alway shtought it was ncie and all couldnt you just saud that?! er diff cant you make sig previeuws for every screen teh same or somehting

peace.png

Wooted by:

#6 2018-12-09 19:31:18

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Making the signature width fixed would be a really silly choice, it'll cause more troubles with existing signatures and creativity for one single really unworthy benefit.

Just pick proper elements for your signature that you think look well on the majority of screens (don't fill it with lots and lots of huge images). That's really easy to do.

#7 2018-12-09 19:39:04

Minimania
Moderation Team

Just add the maximum dimensions to the edit page itself. I don't know when it was removed, but when making my new signature I had to go through the motions of discovering for myself the exact dimensions.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#8 2018-12-09 19:47:15

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Crybaby wrote:

Just add the maximum dimensions to the edit page itself. I don't know when it was removed, but when making my new signature I had to go through the motions of discovering for myself the exact dimensions.

It was never removed, because it was never added in the first place.

Signatures are still meant to be viewed at their entirety through user profiles, and the maximum height on posts is already well known. There's honestly no reason to add such restriction to the editor.
If you still want such restriction, use a custom theme that sets max-height: 300px; for .postsignature in general.

#9 2018-12-09 21:17:17

Minimania
Moderation Team

HG wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

Signatures are still meant to be viewed at their entirety through user profiles, and the maximum height on posts is already well known. There's honestly no reason to add such restriction to the editor.
If you still want such restriction, use a custom theme that sets max-height: 300px; for .postsignature in general.

If I'm remembering correctly, I distinctly remember it being a thing on the old forumify forums under Cyclone. Actually, having a signature of a certain size was a part of the rules enforced by the moderation team back then.

It's clearly not well known enough, I mean I had no clue what it was and surely there are others too who won't know of it.

It won't be a restriction on what you can make your signature, just a small bit of text saying what the maximum size is if you want your signature to be completely visible.

21cZxBv.png

#10 2018-12-09 21:30:46

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Crybaby wrote:

If I'm remembering correctly, I distinctly remember it being a thing on the old forumify forums under Cyclone. Actually, having a signature of a certain size was a part of the rules enforced by the moderation team back then.

You're talking about an old, poorly managed forum where the moderation team had to make ridiculously obvious each one of their actions, as well as having to deal with things that are nothing more than a waste of time, such as the signature restriction you're mentioning. But that's still a valid point.

The height restriction has been posted and discussed enough times in this forum iteration to be well known.

Adding the maximum height note would instead be a minor but good addition, but there's still no reason to add the restriction to signature previews and signatures on user profiles, as the limit is only for posts.

#11 2018-12-09 22:01:51

Minimania
Moderation Team

HG wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

You're talking about an old, poorly managed forum where the moderation team had to make ridiculously obvious each one of their actions, as well as having to deal with things that are nothing more than a waste of time, such as the signature restriction you're mentioning. But that's still a valid point.

The height restriction has been posted and discussed enough times in this forum iteration to be well known.

Adding the maximum height note would instead be a minor but good addition, but there's still no reason to add the restriction to signature previews and signatures on user profiles, as the limit is only for posts.

Okay, but I never asked for a restriction

21cZxBv.png

#12 2018-12-09 22:50:45

Different55
Forum Admin

Crybaby wrote:
HG wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

It's clearly not well known enough, I mean I had no clue what it was and surely there are others too who won't know of it.

It won't be a restriction on what you can make your signature, just a small bit of text saying what the maximum size is if you want your signature to be completely visible.

It was part of the rules here, too, but we ended up just baking it into the forums. No need to warn people for having extra-large signatures if the height limit is enforced. It'd still be nice to have that limit listed on the page though, you're right.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#13 2018-12-10 16:29:28

MWstudios

you must thank diff for limiting the signature height, else AK712's topics would be twice as long

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#14 2018-12-10 17:07:09

mikelolsuperman
Website

MWstudios wrote:

you must thank diff for limiting the signature height, else AK712's topics would be twice as long

I would be the kind of person that would put some useless crap for 10x the space it takes up or something.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#15 2018-12-10 20:14:05

peace

Different55 wrote:
Crybaby wrote:
HG wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

It was part of the rules here, too, but we ended up just baking it into the forums. No need to warn people for having extra-large signatures if the height limit is enforced. It'd still be nice to have that limit listed on the page though, you're right.

its confused as i mostly use images in my sig (edited tekst (my nam emostly) or now my avatar too and when i put everythign in the right place using for example center and or much spaces is nci ebut if you have a crappy screen like lukem and everythign is **** up the entire time its nto nice

peace.png

Wooted by:

#16 2018-12-11 15:28:29

KirbyKareem

peace go to nitrotype.com pls

what you mean its mislead it works ok

VOKXwvt.png

#17 2018-12-11 15:38:36

peace