Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-11-29 10:21:06, last edited by TaskManager (2018-11-29 10:23:58)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

Well, I'm satisfied
This is some pretty good stuff, particularly the zones
Still, these are just plans and text that are yet to be implemented
Thus, I'm looking forward to seeing some gameplay screenshots, videos, animations

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#27 2018-11-29 10:28:02

azurepudding

I really hope the team reconsiders note blocks...  Just because most don't use them doesn't mean a few can't make great use of them.  Most can't make, but most can enjoy what others can create, so it would be sad to see them canned. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Musicman has a Guitar Hero bot that spawns the corresponding note block on you when the notes pass down.  And then there's all the normal music worlds, where you can listen to Mario or Sonic or Donkey Kong recreated in EE.. it's a really cool feature, and wouldn't harm the game at all if they were included, they would make the game better, I think.

Azure2.png

#28 2018-11-29 11:59:46

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

The only thing that I’m not sastified with is that music blocks no longer exists in EEU. Although I don’t use them, many other people can make good use of it. Also, as many people asked. Will we be able to convert our own songs to EEU Music zones?

Btw I’m so lucky to almost get everything magic in EE (I need light wizard //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad ) I’m pretty excited to see this game playable. Hope it won’t die after a few years like EE.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#29 2018-11-29 12:25:01, last edited by Andymakeer (2018-11-29 12:26:04)

Andymakeer

lol music zones will be like Habbo musics XDDDDD

THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!!

also, RIP Megaman Dash

F

Wooted by:

#30 2018-11-29 13:28:04, last edited by Minimania (2018-11-29 13:28:49)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Have you ever stopped to consider why note blocks aren't used by very many people in Everybody Edits? Is it because they don't want to make music worlds, because it's too daunting or something like that? Is it because it's hard to understand how to go about making systems for them (as there are multiple)?

Why haven't we tried to fix these problems? Why, instead of attempting to change the system to something that could be more convenient for more players, do we give up on the system entirely? Please reconsider this, guys. Yeah, perhaps not a lot of people use the current music blocks, but just removing them entirely from the reboot will just further alienate that part of the community that does, and in the process (of adding a new no-work-required music system into EEU) takes a lot of creative freedom away from the players that they used to have in the original EE. Also, do remember that you are not just killing music worlds, but also killing/hurting a lot of gimmick worlds as well (FNAF 4 in EE, Megaman Dash, and the Memory Game all come to mind, on top of other things.)

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#31 2018-11-29 13:40:04

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

minimania wrote:

Have you ever stopped to consider why note blocks aren't used by very many people in Everybody Edits? Is it because they don't want to make music worlds, because it's too daunting or something like that? Is it because it's hard to understand how to go about making systems for them (as there are multiple)?

Why haven't we tried to fix these problems? Why, instead of attempting to change the system to something that could be more convenient for more players, do we give up on the system entirely? Please reconsider this, guys. Yeah, perhaps not a lot of people use the current music blocks, but just removing them entirely from the reboot will just further alienate that part of the community that does, and in the process (of adding a new no-work-
required music system into EEU) takes a lot of creative freedom away from the players that they used to have in the original EE. Also, do remember that you are not just killing music worlds, but also killing/hurting a lot of gimmick worlds as well (FNAF 4 in EE, Megaman Dash, and the Memory Game all come to mind, on top of other things.)

I totally agree. We should try to convince staff to bring back music notes in EE. As this is not the final change.

she/her

Wooted by:

#32 2018-11-29 14:05:36

KirbyKareem

Okay heres a compromise. In music zones, you'd need a world "normal eeu size, 200x200 but changable" and you can fill it with the note blocks you want for the music. There could be a template with the portals already in place.

VOKXwvt.png

#33 2018-11-29 14:37:20

Weirdoverse
Website

Okay heres my opinion that everyone will hate:

Hidden text

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Wooted by:

#34 2018-11-29 14:42:05

LukeM
Website

minimania wrote:

Why haven't we tried to fix these problems? Why, instead of attempting to change the system to something that could be more convenient for more players, do we give up on the system entirely? Please reconsider this, guys. Yeah, perhaps not a lot of people use the current music blocks, but just removing them entirely from the reboot will just further alienate that part of the community that does, and in the process (of adding a new no-work-required music system into EEU) takes a lot of creative freedom away from the players that they used to have in the original EE. Also, do remember that you are not just killing music worlds, but also killing/hurting a lot of gimmick worlds as well (FNAF 4 in EE, Megaman Dash, and the Memory Game all come to mind, on top of other things.)

Here's my opinion on it:
Currently the problem with note blocks is that they are currently near-impossible to incorporate with actual worlds, shown by the fact you called worlds that use notes within the actual design 'gimmick worlds', and are treating worlds whose sole purpose are music as the norm. IMO this doesn't really add much to the game, it's basically like we have a seperate 'game mode' which is entirely unrelated to, and cannot be used in combination with, the rest of the game, so there's really no point having it in the game in the first place.

It would be good if there was a way to fix this, but I really don't think there is (in block form)... You're always going to have the problem that you want to somehow have the player both falling through note blocks and actually playing the game at the same time, and there are only a handful of places where this is possible, so the best thing to do is to create a different feature (zones) which removes the need for this.

Note blocks are great when used right, but when you can probably count the worlds that do that on two hands, is it really worth having them?

#35 2018-11-29 15:03:04

Anatoly

LukeM wrote:
minimania wrote:

Here's my opinion on it:
Currently the problem with note blocks is that they are currently near-impossible to incorporate with actual worlds, shown by the fact you called worlds that use notes within the actual design 'gimmick worlds', and are treating worlds whose sole purpose are music as the norm. IMO this doesn't really add much to the game, it's basically like we have a seperate 'game mode' which is entirely unrelated to, and cannot be used in combination with, the rest of the game, so there's really no point having it in the game in the first place.

It would be good if there was a way to fix this, but I really don't think there is (in block form)... You're always going to have the problem that you want to somehow have the player both falling through note blocks and actually playing the game at the same time, and there are only a handful of places where this is possible, so the best thing to do is to create a different feature (zones) which removes the need for this.

Note blocks are great when used right, but when you can probably count the worlds that do that on two hands, is it really worth having them?

Actually they are not used because they are limited. I remember a great suggestion.

#36 2018-11-29 15:08:56

MWstudios

Xenonetix wrote:

Stardust

The 'Magic' Currency

Jewels

Jewels are not Gems (in EE Universe)!

Account Compensations

For if you have Beta!

this is even worse
why
I want to play a free game //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Wooted by:

#37 2018-11-29 15:09:02

LukeM
Website

Anatoly wrote:

Actually they are not used because they are limited. I remember a great suggestion.

How are they limited?

#38 2018-11-29 15:10:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

LukeM wrote:

Yes.

I mean, aside from getting a high quality magic coin, there is no greater feeling in EE than when you beat a world to be rewarded with a little upbeat jingle shortly before receiving the trophy. I really don't think that music suddenly playing when you enter a certain area is going to have the same accomplishing feeling as the raw sounds of slightly imperfect piano and drum notes.

Also, if you remove music blocks, how in the holy hell do you expect us to grab the attention of someone who is afk? Place a music zone around them? Pfft. I want to place down a piano note and subject them to ear rape with booster arrows.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#39 2018-11-29 15:20:56

Sensei1

Music blocks have actual use besides music too. They have been used for waking up people in boss worlds when a new round starts for example.

That being said, we'll finally get real music to EE? This is so cool!
It'd be even cooler if you could make your own bg music, but I guess that's a bit hard to add.

#40 2018-11-29 15:44:36

peace

Luka504 wrote:

- I haven't spent any money in EE yet I have every classic block pack and a good number of classic smileys, will those items still be converted to gems in the reboot? I presume no, but it's worth asking for a confirmation.

i guess yes if you have beta atleast all items from jan 1 '15 will become jeweliers

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#41 2018-11-29 16:25:55

KirbyKareem

Sensei1 wrote:

Music blocks have actual use besides music too. They have been used for waking up people in boss worlds when a new round starts for example.

That being said, we'll finally get real music to EE? This is so cool!
It'd be even cooler if you could make your own bg music, but I guess that's a bit hard to add.

What's a boss world?

VOKXwvt.png

Wooted by:

#42 2018-11-29 17:25:49

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

- I haven't spent any money in EE yet I have every classic block pack and a good number of classic smileys, will those items still be converted to gems in the reboot? I presume no, but it's worth asking for a confirmation.

i guess yes if you have beta atleast all items from jan 1 '15 will become jeweliers

Nice since I joined EE from 2015 July everything I bought with gems will become jewels!!!

she/her

#43 2018-11-29 18:21:08, last edited by Trytu (2018-11-29 18:21:35)

Trytu

So i read that music won't be added...
it's sad but I almost never used music in my world, so there is one very important question:
does sounds/percusion'll be added??
i really need percusion and random sounds like button sound, punch sound, "tsss" sound, and others
btw will music zones be able to be 1x1, or play music/sounds looping/single??
i need sounds

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#44 2018-11-29 18:25:20

peace

you need soudns you can make a sound upload it an dplace it in an music zone

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#45 2018-11-29 19:02:17

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:

you need soudns you can make a sound upload it an dplace it in an music zone

*Uploads a song as mp3 on 1st note*
*Places a lot of empty sound blocks after it to make it sound like you made that*
*Get popular*
*People find out*
*Still be popular*
*Win*

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by:

#46 2018-11-29 20:03:03

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

MWstudios wrote:

I want to play a free game //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

The game will stay free-to-play (with optional micro-transactions), with the intention of never becoming “pay-to-win”. As such, any items in Everybody Edits Universe designed to affect the physics and gameplay will remain free forever! This includes most action items, although variants of some action items with new aesthetic properties may not be free (such as climbables), as they would purely be visual variants on existing free action items.

Most aesthetic options will be purchasable, either with in-game currency or premium currency. This includes most smiley items, such as headpieces and accessories, whilst most (but not all) eyes and mouth options would stay free for customization.

Luka504 wrote:

- For the music zones, can we input our own music? I have plenty of video game soundtracks in my files that I'd like to place in my worlds, but have never been able to do that.

Won't be able to upload your own music, sorry. It'll be multiple original music tracks available which people can choose from for use in their worlds. We hope to expand the music collection over time, and if the community wishes to submit their own compositions for consideration, we're open to that possibility! That being said, we also want to encourage streaming and recording playing of EEU, so we simply can't allow people to upload copyrighted music, which is why people won't be able to upload their own choices.

Luka504 wrote:

- Regarding save slots, what happens if a world owner places a save point, some users use it to save their progress, and it gets deleted later?

Don't know yet whether they would spawn at the previous checkpoint, spawn at the spawn point, or just spawn at the location they saved at anyway even if the save point is deleted. We'll experiment and get back to you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Luka504 wrote:

The conversion process, at least initially, won't be completely automatic. I'll be personally checking the accounts on a case-by-case basis, so if you've paid nothing, you are still likely to get some form of compensation for items on your account, but just not as much as people who have spent money. You won't get nothing!

Luka504 wrote:

- For edit zones, do the players need to stand in the edit zones for them to be able to edit them, or can they edit a zone they are far away from?

For now, the intention is that you have to be standing in the zone, or at least within the vicinity. We'll experiment to see what works best, but I agree if people fill an area completely with blocks and people can't enter it, that makes it a little unfair!

~ Music Blocks / Sound Effect Blocks ~

If we were to include Music Blocks, they shouldn't be executed in the same fashion they are now. However cool it is for the few people who use them to have an music-creation outlet in EE that's unique and creative, it is simply too niche a system as is currently implemented.

This isn't to say Music Blocks will never return - They just won't be available during the Closed Beta. If they do return, I would guess it would end up being only piano and percussion, and people will be able to set chords in the piano, so no matter how we look at it, it won't be the same as it currently is in Everybody Edits.

That being said, someone also mentioned about using the percussion for effect. Although I would hope most of the Ambience Zone sounds would cover that, I have been considering the possibility of including "Sound Effect Blocks", which I believe would have the intended effect, and short "Music Stings" may be included in that. If that's the case, people could theoretically use Sound Effect Blocks in a very similar manner to how Music Blocks are used now, if they want to.

In answer to the question of whether Zones can be 1x1, yes! So you may find some new creative ways to create music in weird and wonderful ways.

Nevertheless, we have a lot to work on, and Music Blocks is currently very low down on the priority list, so if they were to come to Everybody Edits Universe, it would probably be much later on in development.

Also, I feel I should at least throw out the reminder that I feel like I may have used the Music Blocks in EE perhaps more than almost anyone else, so this was a hard decision for me to come to too! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by: (5)

#47 2018-11-29 20:30:39

Anatoly

WHY THE F*** HELL YOU MAKE - EVEN AESTHETIC - BLOCKS ANOTHER FORM OF PAY-TO-GET?

If itll be like that ill quit.

#48 2018-11-29 20:51:04, last edited by Norwee (2018-11-29 21:00:14)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Xenonetix wrote:

Won't be able to upload your own music, sorry. It'll be multiple original music tracks available which people can choose from for use in their worlds. We hope to expand the music collection over time, and if the community wishes to submit their own compositions for consideration, we're open to that possibility! That being said, we also want to encourage streaming and recording playing of EEU, so we simply can't allow people to upload copyrighted music, which is why people won't be able to upload their own choices.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Disappointed! I am so very disappointed right now!
Everything seemed so awesome until i read this paragraph.
Goodbye level's where i can input my own custom fitting music for setting the tone and mood... Goodbye atmospheric game OST's i've saved up just for adding to my EE levels when they'd finally add that custom music uploader... All we get are pre-made "adventure music" tracks that judging by what Ravatroll uploaded won't fit the tone of my levels at all. I'm not saying Ravatroll is doing a bad job with these new songs, but i'm just so angry i can't add my own fitting songs to my own creative levels.
EE is a creative sandbox game where you can make a level whatever you want, you make your own rules, you make your own minigames. But we won't be allowed to upload our own music. Damn this is infuriating me. This will limit my levels if i want to have music on them, because i must use the pre-made music it means the level needs to be designed in a way that fits the music rather than letting the level decide the music. It's not the way of EE. It's not what made me admire EE.

I had to get that outburst out of my system. This EEU info man, it's making me both excited and mad as hell.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#49 2018-11-29 21:26:51

Vitalijus
Website

Anatoly wrote:

WHY THE F*** HELL YOU MAKE - EVEN AESTHETIC - BLOCKS ANOTHER FORM OF PAY-TO-GET?

If itll be like that ill quit.

See u in a week after EEU launch

wn7I7Oa.png

Wooted by: (3)

#50 2018-11-29 22:08:39

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xenonetix wrote:

Won't be able to upload your own music, sorry.

how about midi files with the instruments that are present in game right now? (drums, guitar and piano)
or some sort of basic midi maker in game

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)
peace1543745832733995

Board footer