Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-29 02:20:03

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

More EE Universe Plans!

Hi Everybody!

So, a lot of people want to hear news on Everybody Edits Universe, and, even though we're still not ready to show any screenshots or anything, I think it's about time people hear of some of the primary planned differences between Everybody Edits and EE Universe.

I've come to realize a lot of this community prefer lists rather than long paragraphs, so here's a list of the primary differences, and if you want to find out more about any in particular, you can click the links or read the associated information below!

So let's jump in to more information!

~ 3 Currencies ~
EE Universe Currencies
~ Zones ~
Zones
~ Dynamic World Sizing ~
World Size Adjustments
~ Player Progress Save System ~
Save Slot System
~~~

That's it for now! We hope to be able to bring some gameplay footage of the Alpha version of EE Universe soon!

~ Xenonetix ~

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2018-11-29 02:22:39

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: More EE Universe Plans!

GOOD info dump

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-11-29 02:27:15

oxidizer

GOOD info dump

#4 2018-11-29 02:32:52

Vitalijus
Website

"I've come to realize a lot of this community prefer lists rather than long paragraphs"

I personally prefer pictures.

wn7I7Oa.png

Wooted by:

#5 2018-11-29 02:35:44

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Vitalijus wrote:

"I've come to realize a lot of this community prefer lists rather than long paragraphs"

I personally prefer pictures.

Rather than lists and long paragraphs, but probably still prefer lists over long paragraphs. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Xenonetix_2.png

#6 2018-11-29 02:38:55

KirbyKareem

OH MY GOD
ok zoey told me no more caps
so ima turn caps lock on
so that since i hold shift
it will undo caps to lowecase
ok
so

thoughts:
ZONES
OH MY GOD
I
WOW
I HAVE NO WORDS
MUSIC ZONES WILL BE AWESOME
other thoughts
edit zones will give play farmers more space to add stuff like "free gems" in their title for: "free edit and gems!!"
OTHER THOUGHTS
save system
yes
i dont like stardust, BUT i want it in game.
I'd have no reason to hate stardust if i get all my magic items back.
Also

Is the stardust per coin going to be equal to the cost of a magic block? Because if not uh wierd.

VOKXwvt.png

#7 2018-11-29 02:44:10, last edited by Vinyl Melody (2018-11-29 02:44:24)

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

Everybody Edits Zones

These Zones would be areas where any players can edit in the area created by the World Owner! The block picker would automatically show up to players when entering the zone, and disappear when leaving the zone.

aaaAAAAAAAA

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#8 2018-11-29 02:46:13

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

KirbyKareem wrote:

Is the stardust per coin going to be equal to the cost of a magic block? Because if not uh wierd.

It probably won't equate exactly. So, just as an example (the prices are yet to be confirmed), you could save up the stardust for the Magic Blocks, or use them for Maximum Energy Increases. So you could randomly receive, let's say, 3 Magic Coins giving 18, 12, and 22 Stardust, so you'd have a total of 52 Stardust. Then, if we were to pretend that the 7 Magic Blocks currently in-game were 50 Stardust each, you could pick which one you wanted first (instead of getting them in order like you do now), or perhaps choose to spend 20 Stardust twice on two Maximum Energy Increases.

It just gives people more flexibility over receiving what people would actually like for their Magic rather than receiving something completely random they might not actually want. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix_2.png

#9 2018-11-29 02:48:45, last edited by Vitalijus (2018-11-29 02:49:28)

Vitalijus
Website

Xenonetix wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:

It probably won't equate exactly. So, just as an example (the prices are yet to be confirmed), you could save up the stardust for the Magic Blocks, or use them for Maximum Energy Increases. So you could randomly receive, let's say, 3 Magic Coins giving 18, 12, and 22 Stardust, so you'd have a total of 52 Stardust. Then, if we were to pretend that the 7 Magic Blocks currently in-game were 50 Stardust each, you could pick which one you wanted first (instead of getting them in order like you do now), or perhaps choose to spend 20 Stardust twice on two Maximum Energy Increases.

It just gives people more flexibility over receiving what people would actually like for their Magic rather than receiving something completely random they might not actually want. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Would be interesting to see a new weird concept, for example farms. Yeah farming a various resource then combining it into something and with that comes stardust (or energy) or something

(By farming I meant a automated farm such like minecraft has mob grinders and stuff)

wn7I7Oa.png

#10 2018-11-29 03:18:18

cpcrabs

Seems like you guys know what we want. Hopefully you can make it into a reality //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

17 i think

Wooted by:

#11 2018-11-29 03:23:18

azurepudding

Yes. YES!  Information.  THANK YOU!!  https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/e2/004_happy

This is really cool, can't wait for EEU to come out!  But.. no more music blocks?  Nooo!  I don't use them but there have been so many great music worlds.  It would be a shame for them to go away..

Also with stardust (love the name), if it bursts out from a coin, needing to be collected, what if you get a coin in a spot that's hard to collect the stardust?  Like say you drop down a tunnel with a coin, hit a portal, or get taken away somehow, or can't reach where the dust landed.  It seems like it'd work better as magic works now, I think.

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (4)

#12 2018-11-29 03:28:11, last edited by Wizard2002 (2018-11-29 03:29:11)

Wizard2002

Energy Currencies:
The new currencies sound pretty cool and I'm glad that we'll have more freedom in the department of magic items.

Zones:
The whole concept of zones is something that a lot of people have been wanting but never knowing how to quite implement and I personally think that this is a good solution. Here are a few questions I had while reading this:

Q: Will you be able to adjust the size of the Zone? As in will you be able to add onto it in different directions so we can make more complicated shapes rather than just a square or rectangle.

Q: Will you be able to make your own tracks, or will it only be hand picked songs? If not then there definitely should be as that would be essential for certain level designers.

Dynamic World Size:
Personally I was a bit disappointed with the lack of info about this since it was mostly just repeat of what I already knew. Aside from that I think its nice to have this option. Although I question what the limits will be, and if there are any plans on some sort of cost for making bigger worlds.

Save Slots:
Absolutely brilliant, I don't have much to say about this other that I'm super glad that this will be added. I think we all know how annoying it always was to lose progress on a long map either because you disconnected or had to leave.

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#13 2018-11-29 03:37:12

KirbyKareem

azurepudding wrote:

Yes. YES!  Information.  THANK YOU!!  https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/e/e2/004_happy

This is really cool, can't wait for EEU to come out!  But.. no more music blocks?  Nooo!  I don't use them but there have been so many great music worlds.  It would be a shame for them to go away..

Also with stardust (love the name), if it bursts out from a coin, needing to be collected, what if you get a coin in a spot that's hard to collect the stardust?  Like say you drop down a tunnel with a coin, hit a portal, or get taken away somehow, or can't reach where the dust landed.  It seems like it'd work better as magic works now, I think.

I have to disagree with you on this on, azurepudding. You see, the happy face you used isn't the right one you should have used in the context. You should have used big grin instead.

Xenonetix wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:

coool so blocks are a bit overpriced in return for choosing anything u want, I like it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

VOKXwvt.png

Wooted by:

#14 2018-11-29 03:38:51

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

I can already see the amazing opportunity of level design with music zones based on that example. Good changes and I'm glad were seeing more EEU stuff

Wooted by:

#15 2018-11-29 04:46:21

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

recharging at a flat rate of 1 every 150 seconds

Will the birth of this remove the reduced energy timer on patreon or is this actually a lie?

Xenonetix wrote:

Any monetary purchases made since January 1st, 2015 will have their amounts in real-world currencies accumulated, and converted into the equivalent Jewels. Any Gem Codes Redeemed, Gem Transfers (including Patreon), Daily Login Gems, & Campaign Prizes will also be taken into consideration. Excess Gold Membership will also be considered.

Does this also include contest prizes?

Xenonetix wrote:

The world size won't be adjustable after starting to edit the world unless the world is deleted or cleared, effectively replacing the world.

Considering the existance of bots, is there a reason for this limitation?
Also, since you didn't mention anything about larger worlds costing more, is there even a reason to not just make all worlds max sized?

suddenly random sig change

#16 2018-11-29 05:15:21

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Slabdrill wrote:

Will the birth of this remove the reduced energy timer on patreon or is this actually a lie?

Neither. The default flat rate is 150 seconds, and there may well be ways to reduce this time, including support through Patreon. Another may come through the new Membership program we're likely to have, which I can't go into much detail on yet, but it'll probably be a system which lies somewhere between Gold Membership and Builders Club. It wouldn't have doors and gates unique to them though. At the moment, the plan for this membership program is that you can sign up for it when you wish, and your account will have Jewels automatically credited each month unless you wish to cancel or can no longer afford it. The membership program in question may not be until Open Beta rather than Closed Beta though, which is primarily why I haven't mentioned it in this thread. We're hoping everything mentioned above can arrive at some point during the Closed Beta, if not immediately at the start.

Slabdrill wrote:

Does this also include contest prizes?

If you mean prizes of Maximum Energy Increases and Gems, then yes.

Slabdrill wrote:

Considering the existance of bots, is there a reason for this limitation?

Not really sure I understand your question here.

Slabdrill wrote:

Also, since you didn't mention anything about larger worlds costing more, is there even a reason to not just make all worlds max sized?

You caught me there - I neglected to mention that World Size Cap increases are likely to be available for purchase in the shop(s). There are many reasons we wouldn't want to just allow anyone to create worlds of any size they like up to something like 10000x10000 or something, just one of which that we feel it will most likely put off and/or overwhelm new players coming to the game. 200x200 will not be the largest available for free at launch though, even if it's the default.

Xenonetix_2.png

#17 2018-11-29 05:31:55

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

Not really sure I understand your question here.

Is there something preventing people who need to change their world size from simply copying a world from one size to another as you can in the current EE? If so, is there a reason to not allow simply changing the world size after world creation?

suddenly random sig change

#18 2018-11-29 06:00:23

KingN24

If some of us were to design some 32x32 blocks, would they possibly be accepted per chance?

Heya.

banner.png

#19 2018-11-29 06:24:32

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

KingN24 wrote:

If some of us were to design some 32x32 blocks, would they possibly be accepted per chance?

Probably not, considering they're going to be 24x24 blocks. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Xenonetix_2.png

#20 2018-11-29 06:42:14

Anatoly

Items which you can buy only for jewels there we go //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#21 2018-11-29 07:05:30

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Anatoly wrote:

Items which you can buy only for jewels there we go //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

We plan to make all action items free though. If there are variants on some action blocks (like climbable items), they may be purchased or included in packs like they are now, but anything like effects and coin doors and gates will be completely free, along with having no minimap color. Action items are meant for action and not minimap art! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Xenonetix_2.png

#22 2018-11-29 08:11:41

Yu

This is absolutely fantastic. Don't rush things, bake it long enough so it's cooked through and through.

#23 2018-11-29 08:16:29

mikelolsuperman
Website

Xenonetix wrote:

if you own the Fanboy or Fanboy II smileys, you will receive the Fanboy Glasses Smiley Customizer Item on your account in Everybody Edits Universe.

Omg yes smiley editor confirmed. I loved that suggestion when it was made for EE and it's in EEU.

Xenonetix wrote:

Daily Login Gems, & Campaign Prizes will also be taken into consideration.

Please do, I have done massive daily streaks untill black friday and then spend it and get lots of classics (Unless it's only current, but still do it). I could get like almost 200 gems since I would have about 90-100ish each year.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#24 2018-11-29 08:23:13, last edited by Luka504 (2018-11-29 08:24:47)

Luka504

- For the music zones, can we input our own music? I have plenty of video game soundtracks in my files that I'd like to place in my worlds, but have never been able to do that.
- Regarding save slots, what happens if a world owner places a save point, some users use it to save their progress, and it gets deleted later?
- I haven't spent any money in EE yet I have every classic block pack and a good number of classic smileys, will those items still be converted to gems in the reboot? I presume no, but it's worth asking for a confirmation.
- For edit zones, do the players need to stand in the edit zones for them to be able to edit them, or can they edit a zone they are far away from?

This topic is great! I'm really excited to see how EEU adds aspects that EE really lacked!

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#25 2018-11-29 09:46:14

Minimania
Moderation Team

Xenonetix wrote:

This does mean we will not be including Music Blocks in Everybody Edits Universe.

I knew it wouldn't be worth it investing in my music worlds. This only confirms now that there really is no point in continuing with them anymore. Yeah, music zones are cool, but it just... argh, it takes away from how special music in Everybody Edits was. Yeah, it's still a cool thing to have when you're a musician outside of Everybody Edits, and you can put your own music into EEU (assuming this is what's being implied), but now there's no reason to even join any of those worlds anymore, since it'd just be easier to listen to them on Youtube.

And if I'm wrong in assuming that you can bring your own music into EEU, well then, I really hope whatever music actually does end up in EEU turns out to be really special or memorable, because often times I just mute the music that plays in the background of games to listen to my own jams.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (3)
peace1543745832733995

Board footer